Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Has anyone finished the banished set?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    459 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Maarkus View Post
    The dimensional portal opens specifically on a month after a certain amount on elix has been comsumed, approximately 100k elix, then the week is determined by the phase pf the moon, the day of the week is determined by the awakening of northal and cryostar boss and the hour is determined by the difference of the time taken between the bosses waking up then the minute is determined by the 100th northal or cryostar boss killed for that day within the period of both bosses active and the second is determined by a dice roll made by a dev which recives an sms alert on their phone that the chance is there for a portal when the above criteria is met, the second is determined by the dice rol, six sided dice, so roll a 1 and the first 10 seconds of that minute is the chance to open the portal then on that 10 second window a party of all lvl56 with dimensional elix is active needs to stun the boss while under the mage clock skill effects and the final death of the voss is by a charged aimed shot of a rogue so u need all classes in party. When all that is met the server will generate a number between 1-1000, if that number is 13 then the portal will open and if u have been reading until now you would have realized this is a not factual and the author is trying to make light of the insane drop rate
    Thanks for reading.
    I hope you were entertained well atleast to lessen the frustration of farmin the banish amulet well mostly my frustration lolz.
    -Maarkus
    Nothing aligned right today.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    98 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ardbeg View Post
    Nothing aligned right today.
    Told yah we had to wait for the right phase of the moon @@

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    459 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Maarkus View Post
    Told yah we had to wait for the right phase of the moon @@
    Next season i will wear crate gear of riposte. Way less emberassing!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    289 Posts

So many comments. Well, i didn't even know about how one is supposed to farm the banished amulet. Either way I think it is a perfect example of the RNG within RNG within RNG which i talked about earlier. I have seen this in other RPGs and MMORPGs and the players were always utterly frustrated. In most of those games the game developers abandoned this approach eventually. Ofc those were all full price PC or subscription based games, so this might not be feasible in the case of arcane legends.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    289 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by avikk View Post
    There is no RNG within RNG in AL. They fixed that, to iterate one can loot from RNG based on the loot table of boss, from there on onwards it's basically the looted item gets bumped a tier. So all the items we want to loot can only be looted from legendary items(set items or the flameforged staff incase you be running the Elites). It might have been a different story during the previous event but that's a story for another thread.

There is a world of difference between RPGs and MMORPGs, these two genres shouldn't be used in the same sentence when it comes to RNG mechanics. Perfect example of this is Elder scrolls franchise...
    Thank you very much for your input. Based on your comment I can infer that you have not played many RPGs or MMORPGs in your life, as if you had you would have known what I meant by "RNG within RNG within RNG". The latter being a common phrase to describe situations similar to the culprit we have with the banished amulet.

Using RPG and MMORPG in one sentence and comparing them in this case is due to the fact that Arcane Legends is listed as MMORPG on the playstore, however in terms of what it offers it is comparable to a late 1990s and early 2000s RPG and not even close to current RPGs such as Diablo 3, hence my confusion how to properly classify it.

P.S. I do understand you like arguing for the sake of arguing and being condescending. As somebody who travels a lot both for work and for leisure and have met tons of people, I do understand that this is a thrill for a lot of people. However for the future please do refrain from doing so in conjunction with my comments, as i do not find the same pleasure in being neither the latter, nor the former. Thanks

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jazzi For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    459 Posts

There is no RNG within RNG in AL. They fixed that, to iterate one can loot from RNG based on the loot table of boss, from there on onwards it's basically the looted item gets bumped a tier. So all the items we want to loot can only be looted from legendary items(set items or the flameforged staff incase you be running the Elites). It might have been a different story during the previous event but that's a story for another thread.
    You are very wrong. you do not uproll from an legendary item anymore. You just get another shot at the same loot table on a reroll if your original loot is legendary:

Quote Originally Posted by VROOMIGoRealFast View Post
    Hey Arlorians!

We’ve seen some confusion lately with our announced adjustments to Luck Elixirs and how re-rolling loot works, so I want to take some time to explain it to you.

When you kill a boss, the loot you receive is picked from the list of all items the boss can drop, known as the Loot Table. The Loot Table can have common, rare, epic, legendary, mythic, set, arcane, or vanity items. When you have a Luck Elixir and you defeat an enemy, you have a chance to reroll the item you’re supposed to get with a chance at better loot. Due to the way the Luck Elixir works, previously we couldn’t drop rare items like Mythic, Set, or Arcane. We enjoy just as much as you all when you kill a boss and suddenly see that amazing item drop on the floor, so we’ve made some adjustments to the Luck Elixir which now allow us to drop Mythic, Set, or Arcane items directly from enemies! The Antignome Set is the first to take advantage of this, and in the future, some bosses of the elite variety might drop some weapons that are pretty mythic. Oops, was that a spoiler?

The process starts with the initial pull of 1 item. This will be known as “the item you’re supposed to receive”. Once that item is pulled, if you have a luck elixir and it procs, the item is rerolled accordingly:

If the item you’re supposed to receive is Common, Rare, or Epic
    At these rarities, the luck elixir will go back into the Loot Table, choose the next highest rarity (Common => Rare, Rare => Epic, Epic => Legendary), and randomly give you an item from that rarity. You are guaranteed to go up 1 rarity if the Luck Elixir procs in this situation.

If the item you’re supposed to receive is Legendary, Mythic, or Set
    At these rarities, the entire Loot Table is rolled again (just like the first pull) and you will receive the better item out of the 2 pulls.

Example 1:
    Pull 1 – Legendary
    Pull 2 – Epic
    Player Receives: Legendary

Example 2:
    Pull 1 – Legendary
    Pull 2 – Mythic
    Player Receives: Mythic

This is equivalent to killing the enemy a second time and taking the better loot that drops, giving you 2 chances at the item you want!

If the item you’re supposed to receive is Arcane
    Congratulations you’ve just gotten lucky enough to loot the rarest items in the game! We won’t even bother rerolling because you already have the best. Also don’t play the lottery for a few days as your luck has probably run out.

I hope this makes it easier to understand the new effects of using the Luck Elixir!

Currently re-rolling for that Antignome Belt
    -STSVroom

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Ardbeg For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    98 Posts

Chill

Ill try to lighten things up again.

Regarding banish amulet drop rate:

Sts says: we made the drop rate rare to give a challenge to players
    Sts means: make sure they dont get it

Sts says: based on reviews we have evaluated the drop rate
    Sts means: oh 90% of forum complained, when 99% complain we will adjust the drop rate

Sts says: this set is one that players have to work for but it will take time as intended due to its rarity
    Sts mean: we will increase drop rate to 100% 2weeks before next expansion and new&better gear release date

Hope this lightens things up.

When im not frustrated on the drop rate anymore ill try to post more serious and constructive thread but in the mean time my sincere apologies im trying to explain my disspointment in a light way

Thanks

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    459 Posts

Attachment 154432

If the highest loot tier is Legendary yes you can only reroll into a legendary from a legendary.
    You wrote it yourself again: With a legendary drop you reroll in the same loot table. It is not a bump up to a better loot table as you described it, but only a second chance at the same odds. That is all i wanted to clarify.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    478 Posts

Second edit: After reading the Pm my vroom which states "if your luck elixir procs, you effectively have doubled your chance at getting that higher item", which seems like a legendary item rerolled isn't a guaranteed set/arcane/mythic drop but a chance at legendary and the other three higher tiered items(whichever drops there). To clarify Legendary item rerolled isn't a chance at the same loot table but rather a chance at the loot table from legendary onwards. Or thats what I've garnered from Vrooms Pm...
    No. It is a chance at the same loot table. If you get an initial Legendary item you roll for a chance at the entire loot table again, so in effect you get 2 rolls on the entire loot table for one boss. If on your second roll you get an inferior loot say a Rare item, then you will just receive the Legendary item you got from your initial roll. If you roll for a Mythic/Set/Arcane item on the second roll, then you get that item instead of the Legendary one. That is what Vroom meant.
    Why do we fall? So that we can rise again.

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Safiras For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    98 Posts

Attachment 154432

If the highest loot tier is Legendary yes you can only reroll into a legendary from a legendary.

I've notthing constructive to add to jazzi's post except Have a good day, lol.

EDIT: darn it should have edited image before posting but YOLO. Also @ maarkus if you ever need a mage and his party clearing Misty Grotto for you so that you can save elixir timer and only join us for the boss, feel free to pm me here or ign. This week I'm pretty much free(a Nott must study and study :P)
    Thanks! Appreciate your offer but ill feel guilty if i ask anyone to do that for me lolz, ill just run the map regularly with the party and besides it beats tunning it solo
    Besides i have accepted i will never loot this item, im just running for .... To prove that i will never loot this item lolz.

If i may suggest, on a more serious note, thought it may be facinating to understand and try to make sense of the drop rates i suggest you dont. Thought it is mathematically imputed in the game instill think trying to comprehend how it works is not worth anyones time as it can be changes when ever the devs decide to change it making it a 'relative' rate than a fixed rate.
    - i hope that made sense.

-Maarkus

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Maarkus For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Hey Maarkus, FYI I need the elite APs for the last expansion, so I can run Elite Misty Grotto whenever you need someone. It will be helpful to me too.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    289 Posts

Sadly there are a lot of players who haven't been on the forum ever, or haven't read the post about how luck lixes work now, or just don't understand it. They use luck lixes and hope for rerolls, which can't give them what they are looking for.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Jazzi For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Safiras View Post
    The end result of the craft is a chest containing one of four different versions of the armor, much like the arcane amulet and the Antignome armor. But, if you get an undesirable version from opening the chest, you cannot undo the craft and turn it back into the chest.

Hope this helps.

Devs - is it still like this? Now with Hardcore chars trying to find / craft /quest gear any which way they can is it really fair to have the potential soul crushing end to a very hard quest be pulling wrong class armor from the chest?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    250 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Effervesce View Post
    Devs - is it still like this? Now with Hardcore chars trying to find / craft /quest gear any which way they can is it really fair to have the potential soul crushing end to a very hard quest be pulling wrong class armor from the chest?
    It's not for wrong class, each class has 4 different types of armor, players will get 1 type (out of 4) from their own class

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Thanks for that, it did sound particularly harsh but HC does run into some harsh realities about self-gearing that I didn’t realize when first levelling up