Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Reset all leaderboards seasonally

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    36 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by avikk View Post
    That first para reminds me of some drama that just transpired in one of the gazzillion LINE "merch chats". Someone managed to find and pay someone to run a bot and dummy farm on her account. Then this certain someone had the gall to defend the illegal activities on her account. This resulted in much flaming and TT'ing from both sides. Me being the benign being that I am spoke out in the merch chat how the person who was raging about the former-someones dummy farming could easily PM a developer a moderator mentioning how she had lent out her account to someone who was dummy farmer. Account sharing + dummy farming should result in a ban since dummy farming already results in a roll back. Few hours later that certain someone was apologizing and what nott to the people on LBR who had spoken up against her. I try nott to get embroiled in all this PvP drama the community can be toxic to say the least.

About so call class balance: I'm pretty sure taking player perspective hasn't worked out for the developers and this time they are going to stick their trustworthy databases. From my time spent in PvP I have to agree with the developers the game seems pretty balanced, except when it comes to clashes. Rogues are only left out of clashes because the DPS they brings to team fights is outshone by the heal cycles of the other classes. Whereas in a 1v1 situation or in a TDM situation where the team is almost always seperated rogues will outshine both the other classes. What I realized is rogues might require a slight buff in stats because I managed to kill rogues who are on the PvP LB with a staff in TDM, most probably I just got lucky and I would urge the developers to stick to their hard data which aren't biased like most of us to our classes.

Yes I'm a mage and I don't PvP much but when I do I realized rogues with speed set and the new shadow piercer fix can SP away almost everytime making them the infuriatingly hard to chase and kill, the rogue has been reduced to their namesake.
    It would also be nice if the developers could use some spare time to watch current endgame PvP videos made by professionals to see if their data matches up with reality. These videos are many and readily available on YouTube. Just type 'arcane legends pvp' and filter the upload date to 'this month'.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    36 Posts

I was once a part of a community with over 100k players online at one point in time(okay,maybe 30-40% of them were bots). The developers have learnt over 15+ years that buffing and nerfing items based on player views doesn't pay off it just creates an endless cycle of buffs and nerfs. Relying on concrete data however works wonders.

Watching videos doesn't help much, all videos provides you with is the basic knowledge of the what's what and what's nott. Most of it is muscle memory which comes from practice, loads and loads of practice. Honestly though the developers have better things to do than videos, keep in mind most of these videos are filtered and selectively posted. There are hardly any "professionals" out of all the PvP video uploads. The only proffesionals who are PvP are the developers themselves and Paradigm if he still streams(most streamers who make a living out of playing games are the people I would consider the only professionals. Even youtube video makers ofc, but these people be rare, any dunkey fans out there?:3)

Zeus included I'm sure this game is just a hobby to him too :P
    However Zeus has been posting videos on a thread of his and I'm sure the developers have a bag full of popcorn and a set of bean bags waiting to watch his videos.
    I think i remember a developer mentioning that their data shows PvP should be balanced.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

+1

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

+1 to this idea
    But spesifically, dont reset their profile flags or kills pvp/pve records, just record/count how much kills/flags they got from the current season, it'll be fair i though. All the struggling person won't disappointed cause of lost on hard work they have made from past season. Lets start the new "reachable" lb

Guild lb, and top player lb cant be reset i though.

Sent from my ASUS_Z00RD using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    115 Posts

It's been a long time coming. These problems were self-evident in the earliest of seasons, 1-4. Many of us tried to bring attention to these leaderboard problems so the game would be fixed. Forums, in-game protests, u name it - we were ignored. Some of us spoke louder (in action) than others and it wasn't taken well. The horse is well/truly dead and flogged. Now it's up to them to fix their own game - or risk undermining, or even undoing, whatever good progress they've set in motion with the new expansion. As always, it may be best not to get too involved. You can only help those who want it in the first place.

Alphagun /TRUEORIGIN/ Fullsick
    <Five Elements>
    Speed Demon
    Guides| MerchMidas | Youtube

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    73 Posts

That first para reminds me of some drama that just transpired in one of the gazzillion LINE "merch chats". Someone managed to find and pay someone to run a bot and dummy farm on her account. Then this certain someone had the gall to defend the illegal activities on her account. This resulted in much flaming and TT'ing from both sides. Me being the benign being that I am spoke out in the merch chat how the person who was raging about the former-someones dummy farming could easily PM a developer a moderator mentioning how she had lent out her account to someone who was dummy farmer. Account sharing + dummy farming should result in a ban since dummy farming already results in a roll back. Few hours later that certain someone was apologizing and what nott to the people on LBR who had spoken up against her. I try nott to get embroiled in all this PvP drama the community can be toxic to say the least.

About so call class balance: I'm pretty sure taking player perspective hasn't worked out for the developers and this time they are going to stick their trustworthy databases. From my time spent in PvP I have to agree with the developers the game seems pretty balanced, except when it comes to clashes. Rogues are only left out of clashes because the DPS they brings to team fights is outshone by the heal cycles of the other classes. Whereas in a 1v1 situation or in a TDM situation where the team is almost always seperated rogues will outshine both the other classes. What I realized is rogues might require a slight buff in stats because I managed to kill rogues who are on the PvP LB with a staff in TDM, most probably I just got lucky and I would urge the developers to stick to their hard data which aren't biased like most of us to our classes.

Yes I'm a mage and I don't PvP much but when I do I realized rogues with speed set and the new shadow piercer fix can SP away almost everytime making them the infuriatingly hard to chase and kill, the rogue has been reduced to their namesake.
    yeah i definitly agree that dummy farmers should be getting banned. i dont know why they just removed the lb instead of just banning the cheaters.

Sent from my SM-A500F using Tapatalk

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    237 Posts

Firstly, pvp lb is no sign of skill. It shows how much time a player has spent in tdm, be it dummy farming or legitimately killing.

This season rogues are fairly decent in clashes. My rogue is at level 58, and I have noticed that with at least one decent tank with me, I can regularly beat any set up of opponents except 4 tanks. With 4 tanks I usually go 50-50. This is because the glint stone set has too little armor for tanks to actually survive. I have noticed myself regularly surpassing 6k Crits on tank and killing them with one combo (glintstone set). In fact, just today I hit an 11k crit on a tank using the axe set.