Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: The Truth About Mages & Mage Stacking

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    36 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jaden Fry View Post
    The rogue wasn't ours period. He pierced into the middle of clash everytime.
    If the rogue offered to swap him/herself, would a mage have been more desirable to you? If so, explain why.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Breakingbadxx View Post
    If the rogue offered to swap him/herself, would a mage have been more desirable to you? If so, explain why.
    I'm not saying zues is wrong cuz he's not. I was playing rogue also but came back to mage. Just saying that the rogue was not ours. I already seen that rogue in ctf so i knew he didn't know what he was doing.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    90 Posts

So a few thoughts on the Rogues place in clashes. Yesterday I played a few games with 2 tanks and 1 (what I considered to be a very good) rogue. We did well as long as the opposing team had at least one rogue. If the other team had only tanks and mages, the games got pretty lopsided, and not in our favor - losses 20-12, 20-10 that kind of thing.

Under those circumstances our Rogue could really add nothing to the team's survivability - whereas the other teams additional Mage or Tank covered the other three team members so that we'd get wiped. Only if the Rogue got back quickly did we secure some kills.

So ignoring Duels for a sec, how about taking something like Shadow veil and giving it an extended range (like Korruption's AA) and providing damage reduction and possibly increase another debuff like armor reduction or That reindeer AA: blinding) in order to give them a team benefit skill. On my phone so it's hard to elaborate further. These benefits could be removed during Duels, as rogues are fine in that aspect of the game IMO. Maybe even a damage bump along with it.

Personally I'd really like to see Rogues useful in clash and team situations again. It's adds a dynamic that's severely lacking in Tank and Mage stacks.

Bottom line for me is, if Rogues can't contribute due to skills, they need a buff somewhere.

And yes, I'm a Mage.

IGN: Cryformana, Drizzitty
    IGN:

Rogue: Drizzitty
    Mage: Cryformana

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Otahaanak For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

Just play mage and problem fix . We (Mage Lover,)dont want always got gang by rog like long time ago . We dont want rog kill us with combo.

Sent from my ASUS_T00I using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    59 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Otahaanak View Post
    So a few thoughts on the Rogues place in clashes. Yesterday I played a few games with 2 tanks and 1 (what I considered to be a very good) rogue. We did well as long as the opposing team had at least one rogue. If the other team had only tanks and mages, the games got pretty lopsided, and not in our favor - losses 20-12, 20-10 that kind of thing.

Under those circumstances our Rogue could really add nothing to the team's survivability - whereas the other teams additional Mage or Tank covered the other three team members so that we'd get wiped. Only if the Rogue got back quickly did we secure some kills.

So ignoring Duels for a sec, how about taking something like Shadow veil and giving it an extended range (like Korruption's AA) and providing damage reduction and possibly increase another debuff like armor reduction or That reindeer AA: blinding) in order to give them a team benefit skill. On my phone so it's hard to elaborate further. These benefits could be removed during Duels, as rogues are fine in that aspect of the game IMO. Maybe even a damage bump along with it.

Personally I'd really like to see Rogues useful in clash and team situations again. It's adds a dynamic that's severely lacking in Tank and Mage stacks.

Bottom line for me is, if Rogues can't contribute due to skills, they need a buff somewhere.

And yes, I'm a Mage.

Wait, if they increase the sv range i think the one who will got supporter was rogue(s) not mage(s) anymore

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Fredystern View Post
    Wait, if they increase the sv range i think the one who will got supporter was rogue(s) not mage(s) anymore
    Listen, i would like for people to stop jumping to conclusions. Nowhere has it been said that mages are a support class.

As a side note unrelated to the above quote; Also nowhere has it been said that mages should be inferior to rogues.

OrangeUnicorn
    Using Tapatalk

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Sky_is_epicgear For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    177 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Otahaanak View Post

And yes, I'm a Mage.

Open-minded healthy viewpoint from a team-play perspective. Love the Shadow Veil suggestion. +10

10.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #108
    Roninmoro

I don't want to have to close this thread, there's some good discussion and suggestions. Keep it on topic, thanks.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    130 Posts

It's definitely possible to win with rogue and there are exceptions to every rule. Some of these things I don't find completely accurate. I constantly charge rogues that are isolated with very good success. I will say what I've always said. Rogues need damage buff. I play with and against maxed players and have been for a long time. Mages are very strong. I dueled a good rogue last night and was able to 2 shot him on occasion. One light one ice. Dead. That's a lot of damage output from me as a Mage even considering my gear. And I hit rogues constantly for over 3k damage to the person saying it doesn't seem true. It absolutely is true.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Click my sig for some Arcane Videos!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    59 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kriticality View Post
    It's definitely possible to win with rogue and there are exceptions to every rule. Some of these things I don't find completely accurate. I constantly charge rogues that are isolated with very good success. I will say what I've always said. Rogues need damage buff. I play with and against maxed players and have been for a long time. Mages are very strong. I dueled a good rogue last night and was able to 2 shot him on occasion. One light one ice. Dead. That's a lot of damage output from me as a Mage even considering my gear. And I hit rogues constantly for over 3k damage to the person saying it doesn't seem true. It absolutely is true.

I didint think rogue need damage buff since they could 1hit unshield mage(s) if they got buff again what next? Warr1aim?

Sent from my Lenovo P70-A using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

I didint think rogue need damage buff since they could 1hit unshield mage(s) if they got buff again what next? Warr1aim?

When does a Mage not have a shield? Between Nekro and arcane shield, there are sparse amounts of times that I am without a shield.
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    59 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    When does a Mage not have a shield? Between Nekro and arcane shield, there are sparse amounts of times that I am without a shield.
    Most mage didnt use shield cycle when vs a rogue, mostly mage use 2shield to reduce the damage so we could hold around 4combo before our shield break, most rogue only 1combo to break nekro shield on mage

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Most mage didnt use shield cycle when vs a rogue, mostly mage use 2shield to reduce the damage so we could hold around 4combo before our shield break, most rogue only 1combo to break nekro shield on mage

Those mages don't know how to play. Damage reduction between the shields do not stack. Thank you for this valuable post. It just goes to show how people do not know how to play the Mage class.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Zeus For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    59 Posts

Those mages don't know how to play. Damage reduction between the shields do not stack. Thank you for this valuable post. It just goes to show how people do not know how to play the Mage class.
    Thats why i say mostly mage not all :/

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

You shouldn't include lack of knowledge as a reason why mages are weak. They're really not at all.

Luminary Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    788 Posts

You're not helping yourself here

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Here's the mage build if any sorcerers need some tips:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ti3lEDtnQy4

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts

Here's the mage build if any sorcerers need some tips:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ti3lEDtnQy4
    Nice. Thank you for sharing.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Well I'm a Mage player Daddyi I have a rogue also I find extremely difficult to play on rogue with many mages on opposite STS you guys should wake up its Extremely sad that rogues literally need a pet to live in pvp..I say this if Nekro didn't exist no rogue will not even pvp I ask you STS who is the winner here? Rogues getting 2 piece by mages or rogues needing Nekro to do basic pvp? Hm mages have shield tanks have jug rogues have a pet? Lol think I say give rogue buff they need some type of defense from my thunder

23. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Wiz8 For This Useful Post: