Thread: Lvl requirements for dungeons

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Default Lvl requirements for dungeons

as i have lvled my bowmage and helped my friend lvl his mage to 40 in the last three days in the alien oasis campaign it really bothers me (it might just be me lol) that lower lvlers 15-25 especially come into my games and are trying to lvl... sometimes i get 2 lvl 35-40 and like 3 lvl 15-30 in a group and this sucks because when we get to an uber boss like seth or bastet we have no chance and messes up me trying to lvl my character... so i asked them why would they rather be in a dungeon for 35-40 and not in their appropriate dungeons... they answered that they lvl faster which i do not understand because you are doing so much less dmg to lvl35-40 baddies than they would to their appropriate lvled baddies thus taking it longer to kill mobs in return more time spent trying to get exp... and as i understand dont you get 2 or 1 exp for mobs and you get up to two in alien oasis too so i just dont undertand... also lets say they lvled from being a lvl23 onward to 40 all in alien oasis then you have lvl40 items that you couldnt use until you have hit 40 so the whole time that person would have had on lvl23 gear which dumbfounds me that a person sees this as a good way... and even if that person has two other lvl40s i still wouldnt understand because that person should know by now that lvling in their appropriate dungeon or one dungeon higher is faster and easier... i donno if its just me that this is bothersome but it really grinds my gears... also they are wasting my time because when we get to the boss they target the mobs instead of the boss so we all eventually get one hitted and die and try over and over again? i dont think so i would rather leave....

so i suggest that there be a lvl requirements for dungeons i.e 5 lvls lower than what the dungeon says can slide... so for alien oasis lvl30 and above would only be allowed and so on and so forth....

what do u guys think and am i putting too much into this and letting it get to me too much....
    Smokestar - Lvl 77 Pure Dex Bird
    FAMILY NOOBSFORLIFE

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Dev's have already stressed that they aren't putting in a level cap. IMO it really is their choice on what these lowbies want to play in, yes they will do less damage, yes they will die frequently, and yes they are annoying as ****, but they still paid for the content.

BUT...it's our job to restrict their playability with those of us that don't want them. Let them create a group of five of them and hack away at Seth until the cows come home, at least they won't be bothering us. Every game that I run and I see a level 1-34 joining a AO map gets the boot. And for those games that I don't run, I voice my concern, and typically the person running the map will boot them, if not it's not hard to leave and find another game.

If they are pulling the 'faster leveling' card, tell them to EXP POT in another dungeon and GTFO...

just my two bits

Druc - 45 Archer | Melkhior - 41 Tank | ImaMonsta - 30 Healer
    Member of Venom - GFX/Programmer
    Venom-Guild.com | Pocket Legends Item Database

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

yeah i figured that the lvl cap wouldnt fly but i just wanted to get it off my chest that these lowbies were getting on my nerves... and i guess ill give them the boot instead of sitting there and reason with them lol
    FAMILY NOOBSFORLIFE

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Yeah, trying to reason with a newb is like trying to reason with an overflowing toilet...no matter what you say or do they are just going to spew crap at you.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Worse when you die and they get the pink Create a password, it helps
    MEMBER OF THE LEGENDS CLAN

DO CHECKOUT MY SALE THREAD

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Druc View Post
    Yeah, trying to reason with a newb is like trying to reason with an overflowing toilet...no matter what you say or do they are just going to spew crap at you.
    I personally disagree. a newb will learn and change. a word not kindly received by the devs will not.
    My Name is Vulgarstrike, SilentCries, Ordinary, Attractive, Investment
    Quote Originally Posted by Redbridge View Post
    you should be able to have some fun
    Quote Originally Posted by DawnInfinity View Post
    Ahhhhhh

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by vulgarstrike View Post
    I personally disagree. a newb will learn and change. a word not kindly received by the devs will not.
    Okay, my bad and I agree with you there...should have been noob and not newb. It's been awhile since I've had to distinguish them apart.

We were all newbs at one point or another. And yes, we (well,most of us) did all learn how to play the game properly and respect those that do play it right. We're talking about that *minuscule* group that still, apart from all of the times we've tried to talk to them and convince them that what they are doing is not necessarily 'wrong' but 'annoying'. Continue to do what they do best, noob-up the game. I did once agree with smoke in putting a level cap in but have since seen the error in my ways and realized that it's really us that should be regulating who we want to play with so that the devs can keep a paycheck coming in.

Happens in every game out there and was just making a lighthearted joke so if it was not kindly received, I apologize you to vulgar. I'll watch the Drama and Grammar Llama's next time I let them out of their pens

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

How about this:

Allow people who are starting their own dungeon to set level restrictions.

It really sucks when some level 15 decides to join your dungeon, and it sucks again when they happen to join just in time to take a pink (and before you can boot them).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Huzzah View Post

It really sucks when some level 15 decides to join your dungeon, and it sucks again when they happen to join just in time to take a pink (and before you can boot them).
    Works for me, and is a safeguard, and optional, win win situation as far as im concerned

This ones going in the suggestion box....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Huzzah View Post
    How about this:

awesome suggestion maybe something they can add in the next update.... why didnt i think of this lol
    FAMILY NOOBSFORLIFE

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Wow, that's a great idea. It's got my vote..might want to start a new thread with it tho and lay out the suggestion flat out instead of having to read the flamefest of the first few messages, might get lost in the fold and this is really great input.