Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Challenging Rogues - Sorcerer vs. Rogue Duels

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Default Challenging Rogues - Sorcerer vs. Rogue Duels

Hello,

As part of my campaign to buffing rogues, I will be challenging all rogues on my sorcerer - Poseidon. Now, I don't expect to win them all and I will list those who can beat me and those who I have dueled.

This is not intended to humiliate anyone, just show the fact that rogues are indeed weak. It will also be part of my campaign to show & help developers identify what to buff.

IGN: Poseidon

Duels:

Zulgath vs. Poseidon
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aMWZCXprd0U

Cottages vs. Poseidon
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oZGu...ature=youtu.be

Periilous vs. Poseidon/Ruukia vs. Poseidon/Ikarem vs. Poseidon
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-DcC...ature=youtu.be

Proud vs. Poseidon/TimePixie vs. Poseidon/Thaconan vs. Poseidon
    https://youtu.be/K0nCOE9ctFg
    Last edited by Zeus; 08-24-2016 at 01:41 PM.
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Zeus For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts

How you guys will determine that you guys are wearing somewhat equal gears?

Even you win most of the rogues. can it be because of gear difference and connection advantage. How to find it out?

And I don't think rogues needs a buff in duel. Rogues only need a buff in team environment.

Anyways it's nice videos.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by yubaraj View Post
    How you guys will determine that you guys are wearing somewhat equal gears?

Even you win most of the rogues. can it be because of gear difference and connection advantage. How to find it out?

And I don't think rogues needs a buff in duel. Rogues only need a buff in team environment.

Anyways it's nice videos.
    Even equal gears, I've won rogues. It's not about that. The secret lies in auto attack, sorcerers do not use it enough. Look how many times I auto attack in the video.

His gear is about the same as mine and his ping is pretty similar too.
    Last edited by Zeus; 08-23-2016 at 11:29 PM.

Are you a stalker? Awesomeness: ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    248 Posts

I hope this campaign will bear fruit! Keep it posted!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

Thank you for posting like this. i'm learning lol

Error 404 not found

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Posted another video!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    270 Posts

I smell NCS
    Anyways its good work doing all that and just showing that Devs should look more into class balance. STG should analyse your videos and videos of those who dueled you. IMO gaining data week is necessary and would help.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by avikk View Post
    I killed zulgath with staff...

You've seen how good my gear is lel and how good my ping is. Nuff said. It isn't fair to rogues if you duel the nabs.

You should start streaming random TDM matches and maybe find some better rogues to duel :P
    I also killed Temzy. What other rogues do you need me to duel? Every single one I've dueled, I've won against (excluding Imbaaaack).

The ones I killed and didn't get on video:
    - Omenpl
    - Ledsen
    - Temzy
    - Thaconan

Rogues are extremely weak. These aren't exactly new PvPers either.
    Last edited by Zeus; 08-24-2016 at 03:36 AM.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Zeus For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by avikk View Post
    That's news to me, from my stay in PvP it seemed like they had an advantage over the other classes in TDM.

Could it be your ping factor giving an advantage over them?

How did the fights go? Did you loose a few duels(match's in duels that is.)?

The damage reduction you were requesting, isn't that a bit too much? Won't stat buffs suffice like some developer stated in one of the other dozen threads?
    No, I won every single round. However, if you mean did I die in the duels? Yes, however, that was poor timing on my part of heal. I just don't see a little bit of armor helping rogues during a rush especially when sorcerers can output crazy amounts of damage like this.

Here's a vs series compilation of some rogues I fought. The outcome is still the same. I'm not maxed out either.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-DcC...ature=youtu.be
    Last edited by Zeus; 08-24-2016 at 04:43 AM.

Robhawk

Well you did your homework and Grimm is a big factor in your fights, his passive: ("Damages multiple targets and has a chance to reduce Dex,Str, Int by 20, hit by 35%, and armor 20%")! This passive paired with Nekro or MM happiness bonus and a AA i dont know yet (its not Grimm`s original one). Since this game is all about debuffs over buffs i guess its another debuffing AA...

How about you use standard nekro like 90% of mages and fight them again? I guess the outcome is different! I mean you make a mage and gear it up to maximum. Arcane gun even with Kershal vanity, lol. A grimm equipped with Nekro/MM and other eggs for AA, para stones , arcane amulet...

How about you make a endgame warrior maxed geared too ? Do the homework again, find the needed eggs and just buy all things needed. Your warrior will do great !!!

To get to the point: A person like Zeus with all his skill and knowledge about AL`s mechanics, with all his money w7ill do great with ANY class BUT you can not convert this to the rest of the playerbase! Not everybody has the money and time to take it to that level !!! You can influence STS decisions like you want with threads like this but its not representative for the 99% !!!

1 thing is for sure: The days where rogues where the only class needed, in pve and pvp, will be back sooner then later with threads like this! So at the end of the year you can switch back to your rogue and 1 click the others like you where able to in the past...
    Last edited by Robhawk; 08-24-2016 at 06:20 AM.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Robhawk For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Those 2 shields is what makes mages tough to beat, u can't brake the first shield, mages have such huge damage output cause they can spam abilities and dps, rogues dagger don't make any damage from distance,btw I go now on pvp, if Zeus is on would like a try

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Robhawk View Post
    Well you did your homework and Grimm is a big factor in your fights, his passive: ("Damages multiple targets and has a chance to reduce Dex,Str, Int by 20, hit by 35%, and armor 20%")! This passive paired with Nekro or MM happiness bonus and a AA i dont know yet (its not Grimm`s original one). Since this game is all about debuffs over buffs i guess its another debuffing AA...

How about you use standard nekro like 90% of mages and fight them again? I guess the outcome is different! I mean you make a mage and gear it up to maximum. Arcane gun even with Kershal vanity, lol. A grimm equipped with Nekro/MM and other eggs for AA, para stones , arcane amulet...

How about you make a endgame warrior maxed geared too ? Do the homework again, find the needed eggs and just buy all things needed. Your warrior will do great !!!

To get to the point: A person like Zeus with all his skill and knowledge about AL`s mechanics, with all his money w7ill do great with ANY class BUT you can not convert this to the rest of the playerbase! Not everybody has the money and time to take it to that level !!! You can influence STS decisions like you want with threads like this but its not representative for the 99% !!!

1 thing is for sure: The days where rogues where the only class needed, in pve and pvp, will be back sooner then later with threads like this! So at the end of the year you can switch back to your rogue and 1 click the others like you where able to in the past...
    It's not the passive. Nekro would actually let me hit harder because the armor debuff applies more frequently. The only real reason I don't use Nekro is because I don't want to drop 4M on this character permanently. There's nothing that you can say that will make me.

Always an excuse man...my point is people are playing the class wrong.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    541 Posts

You'll never beat my rogue in a duel
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    78 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Robhawk View Post

Sorry, but rogues also need gold to buy the arcane dagger lv 56 and arcane amulet. And these items cost millions. Believe me, you do not take damage and resistance in team vs team with a rogue without it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

:/ im no genius but if you're trying to prove a point on this issue of mages being op you cant max gear your character and go challenging ppl. Its going to produce bias results. In almost all mmos ive played its gear > skill (what i mean by this is if player 1 has gears such as Zeus does and player 2 has a reasonably priced set of gear, obviously player 1 will have the upperhand. However if you're a bad player then the advantage the gear gives you is wasted).

So what should you do?
    Right, get lvl 56 gear of the same type (ex. Icescale set [you're not going to use that though bcuz its weak, get something that you can find for both mages and rogues that you can say 'ah yes, if i wear this i wont be completely demolished if i go into a random PvP match"]). Grab jewels for your respective classes. No location buffs or both players have them. Now grab a bunch of ppl who know a fair bit about the game mechanics to participate in duels. Be sure that both players play with nekro since nekro is the meta for PvP as i see it and same eggs slotted in it if you choose to slot eggs in. Basically the only variables that shouldn't be the same in the duels are A: player skill (everyone has their own unique playstyle), and B: player class(mage v rogue).

Tbh i don't see the point of this mage v rogue clash. I remember back when i used to play endgame aka "rogue legends". Every now and then a mage would come on the forum and complain abt how under powered their class was. I remember how a lot of players would say things like "mages are meant for pve" or " mages are support class" or " you should make a rogue instead of complaining". And if im honest it's not like mages are what rogues used to be 3 seasons ago.

I might be 100% wrong and everything I've type is complete bs since i don't play endgame anymore. But idc.

OrangeUnicorn
    Using Tapatalk

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Sky_is_epicgear For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Sky_is_epicgear View Post
    :/ im no genius but if you're trying to prove a point on this issue of mages being op you cant max gear your character and go challenging ppl. Its going to produce bias results. In almost all mmos ive played its gear > skill (what i mean by this is if player 1 has gears such as Zeus does and player 2 has a reasonably priced set of gear, obviously player 1 will have the upperhand. However if you're a bad player then the advantage the gear gives you is wasted).

So what should you do?
    Right, get lvl 56 gear of the same type (ex. Icescale set [you're not going to use that though bcuz its weak, get something that you can find for both mages and rogues that you can say 'ah yes, if i wear this i wont be completely demolished if i go into a random PvP match"]). Grab jewels for your respective classes. No location buffs or both players have them. Now grab a bunch of ppl who know a fair bit about the game mechanics to participate in duels. Be sure that both players play with nekro since nekro is the meta for PvP as i see it and same eggs slotted in it if you choose to slot eggs in. Basically the only variables that shouldn't be the same in the duels are A: player skill (everyone has their own unique playstyle), and B: player class(mage v rogue).

Tbh i don't see the point of this mage v rogue clash. I remember back when i used to play endgame aka "rogue legends". Every now and then a mage would come on the forum and complain abt how under powered their class was. I remember how a lot of players would say things like "mages are meant for pve" or " mages are support class" or " you should make a rogue instead of complaining". And if im honest it's not like mages are what rogues used to be 3 seasons ago.

I might be 100% wrong and everything I've type is complete bs since i don't play endgame anymore. But idc.

OrangeUnicorn
    The rogues I'm fighting are maxed or pretty close to maxed. There will be more videos going up today against maxed out rogues. People say that mages don't win, but tbh, I'm not seeing it at all.

P.S: I'm not maxed out, I'm just full superbs.
    Last edited by Zeus; 08-24-2016 at 02:05 PM.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    32 Posts

It's supposed a rogue has to win in vs almost every single duel against a mage? Cause, honestly, i cannot see an issue in 1 vs 1 environment.
    Pls Zeus, pick up ur rogue and duel a mage, i'm curious to see how many matches you'll win and how many you'll lose. Seems kinda fair to me to see you duel a mage as a rogue 'cause ur considered one of the best rogue in pvp environments so i don't see why you choose to spend your gold on ur mage to prove what you could had proven just with ur rogue.
    As i already stated, there's an issue with rogues survavibility in clashes but this has nothing to do with mages being op imho.. is the team composition and the multiple heals from tanks and mages together, the nekros sincronicity and the glinstone set of tanks with multiple pulls.
    I'd like to add another lil thing: respect for those rogues who've adapted to the current tanks and mages stacking using the speed set in a very efficient way.. and there are many out there which simply rocks and snype the opposite dps like devils.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kharjojo View Post
    It's supposed a rogue has to win in vs almost every single duel against a mage? Cause, honestly, i cannot see an issue in 1 vs 1 environment.
    Pls Zeus, pick up ur rogue and duel a mage, i'm curious to see how many matches you'll win and how many you'll lose. Seems kinda fair to me to see you duel a mage as a rogue 'cause ur considered one of the best rogue in pvp environments so i don't see why you choose to spend your gold on ur mage to prove what you could had proven just with ur rogue.
    As i already stated, there's an issue with rogues survavibility in clashes but this has nothing to do with mages being op imho.. is the team composition and the multiple heals from tanks and mages together, the nekros sincronicity and the glinstone set of tanks with multiple pulls.
    I'd like to add another lil thing: respect for those rogues who've adapted to the current tanks and mages stacking using the speed set in a very efficient way.. and there are many out there which simply rocks and snype the opposite dps like devils.
    I'm already maxed out on rogue. I can use speed set too in mage stacks and win. However, the fact is that the skill level between me and the mage stack I'm fighting against is HUGE. I should be beating them anyways. It also doesn't change the fact that a sorcerer can use speed set too and destroy the opposite rogue as I've proven numerous times. That doesn't deny the imbalance exists. In the vs, same imbalance exists. It helps you highlight why mage stack is so efficient. Even 1 on 1, I can destroy pretty much any rogue I meet.

Here's another rogue compilation clip: https://youtu.be/K0nCOE9ctFg

Please, bring me a rogue that I'll lose to. These rogues, by the way, did not even win one duel.
    Last edited by Zeus; 08-24-2016 at 01:42 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kharjojo View Post
    A self try always best answer
    30m gear over here ,i could only kill zeus mage only if i dogde some of the gun shots and the freezes.
    The tactic i use on wars spam it until it procs apllies only on wars and not mages,its very effective against wars and one of the few ways to kill them while being a rogue.
    not always works cause .......its all about proc rate
    Best thing u can do on a fight vs mage is stay away from that extraordinary damage output,u drop from 80%hp to 30% in an eye blink

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by reiewaun View Post
    A self try always best answer
    30m gear over here ,i could only kill zeus mage only if i dogde some of the gun shots and the freezes.
    The tactic i use on wars spam it until it procs apllies only on wars and not mages,its very effective against wars and one of the few ways to kill them while being a rogue.
    not always works cause .......its all about proc rate
    Best thing u can do on a fight vs mage is stay away from that extraordinary damage output,u drop from 80%hp to 30% in an eye blink
    You're timepixie, right? The other thing is that I position myself to create distance from your packs while still doing damage. So, if you want to kill me, you need to SP. The bad thing? My nekro AA and ice will slow you and make sure you don't get back to your packs fast enough. People just don't know how to play mage...I'm superb jewels and have a lot less invested into this class. Actually, Nekro passive is more effective against rogue because the armor debuff applies far more frequently. So, if I had nekro opened...it would be a slaughter.
    Last edited by Zeus; 08-24-2016 at 02:29 PM.