LegalShet - 30 Engi
    LethalShet - 13 Oper

My Pet Monkey Gorda
    Please no feeding.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

It used to minus armor if I'm not mistaken.... But now it adds... I personally think wither is better. Maybee a little less damage but it has a faster cooldown than decay.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by legalshet View Post
    -yours truly....
    Lost and confused
    roflcopter
    Currently playing Acabero in PL

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dollarbill View Post
    It used to minus armor if I'm not mistaken.... But now it adds... I personally think wither is better. Maybee a little less damage but it has a faster cooldown than decay.
    patch notes say they fixed a typo in the description not anything to the actual skill...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cabero View Post
    roflcopter
    :P dont laugh at me

yeah i noticed it said minus 60 armor before
    but if it was a typo thast means it never subtracted but added 60 to the enemy?
    thats kind of welll....... stupid lol.
    LegalShet - 30 Engi
    LethalShet - 13 Oper

My Pet Monkey Gorda
    Please no feeding.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

So is there another typo or what? Somebody clarify?

AL Kar | PL/SL Karaai | DL/AL Karai | SL Karaii | AL Karwar | PL Squishybirdie | PL Gotnorange

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

It sounded amazing with the neg armor... now it sounds like a terrible skill...
    Taking speeds based on plat items - commando speed (0.9), Op speed (0.5), and engi speed (0.6)... duration 10 secs of the skill, assuming it will reduce 1 dmg a hit (this was discussed endlessly earlier).

In a team made of 2 OPs, 1 commando, 2 engis:
    you would lose 16.666 dmg for an engi (~33 for 2),
    20 dmg for OP (40 for 2),
    and 11.111 dmg for commando
    which translates to roughly 84 damage per team lost by this skill on. Now... how much damage does it do? For lvl 6, it does 20-35 dmg which translates to 27.5 avg and 137.5 total damage on average

Damage dealt by the skill: 137.5
    Total damage dealt: 53.5 (137.5-84)

If you take wither...
    12(avg)*5 = 60

Leech...
    15(avg)*3 = 45

Well, as awesome that the skill sounded with the - armor, the change to + armor is riddiculus. The damage is less (depending on the group setup). This skill is only worth it over wither when not running a full group, or maybe a group full of commandos. I'll be getting rid of it. I thought I was getting 87 more damage when I got the skill.
    Last edited by peacemaster; 09-19-2011 at 03:18 AM. Reason: fixed the numbers

Peacemaster 30 engi/Slavery 26 com/Skecor 25 OP

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

^ agree with peace i have mine at lvl 5 when it said MINUS armor.
    now that it adds.. which is ridiculous... ill be respecing into another useless skill lol
    -_-
    LegalShet - 30 Engi
    LethalShet - 13 Oper

My Pet Monkey Gorda
    Please no feeding.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by LegalShet View Post
    ^ agree with peace i have mine at lvl 5 when it said MINUS armor.
    now that it adds.. which is ridiculous... ill be respecing into another useless skill lol
    -_-
    Could you please get me the damage range for lvl 6? want to make the numbers accurate

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

It is 20-35 with +60 armour, hoping that is typo since name is decay would think so if not should rename it to fortify

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

I'm so glad some of you out there are mathematical geniuses. I am forever indebted to you.
    Facebones & Dethklock are proud members of Vengeance

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Agreed, I don't understand how/why a skill called decay would add armor.
    Only thing I can think of(tests pending) is it is some kind of aggro management. This would work if you drop wither, leech or empathy on a boss or mini boss then decay to kind of mitigate aggro. The theory here is that adding armor to an enemy is kind of like a negative taunt or in other words buffing an enemy makes them consider you less of a threat.

On a side note, while doing some testing, I noticed that with max leech, max decay and pain I was able to essentially triple my dps, due to dots and auto attack. I noticed a hefty difference in my scorcher run times using this set up with 2 eng, 2 com and 1 op
    You may call me bits or giga...just don't call me at dinner time
    Gigabits-engineer(main)-Bitsoarmor-commando-bitsopain-operative-Bitsohelp-engineer

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

The +60 is just absurd, silly and ... I dunno, did I say absurd?

It did read -60 when I pumped it to 6 as soon as I first got it. I've found it a really good skill. I causes serious damage, but I can't speak for the armor buff, it really can be either way, I can't say. The armor is just that meaningless in sl for it to go unnoticed.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Its funny how the idea of us gaining 60 armor via protection is shuned upon but everyone acts like the enemy gaining 60 armor is a bad idea

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    303 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by sickside:420205
    Its funny how the idea of us gaining 60 armor via protection is shuned upon but everyone acts like the enemy gaining 60 armor is a bad idea
    Lol my armor boost is minor to the same armor the enemy gets. Riiiiiight
    Probably a typo.

Visit the SL Lore thread for more knowledge on the history behind SL! (Click me!)
    Visit the official Infinite Union Website to join the tribe, hang out, or chat in the forums!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Even if it is a typo it makes me lol because if 60 armor is horrible for us to have then it shouldn't be as bad for the mobs to have but people for some reason are freaking out saying protection and ruin are both horrible make uo your minds lol

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Yeah I don't get why everyone is freaking out. The protection adding +60 to us isn't worth it so what's this +60 to the enemy? It does good damage, even though cool down still kinda sucks. But I'm liking the skill and using it. I couldn't figure out what to invest my skill point into when I hit 28 so I gave this a shot and will continue adding to it till I hit level cap
    Owner of the darkavenger franchise.

Check all my characters out!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by sickside View Post
    Even if it is a typo it makes me lol because if 60 armor is horrible for us to have then it shouldn't be as bad for the mobs to have but people for some reason are freaking out saying protection and ruin are both horrible make uo your minds lol
    Well, I have maxed protection to be honest and I think that every engi should have it maxed if he claims to play support. The 60 armor basically saves you 1 damage per hit. The same for the mob. If you take some boss, 60 armor still saves that 1 damage a hit. But 10 seconds is a long time. In that 10 seconds, your team (assuming 2 op, 2 engi, 1 com) can hit 84 times. That translates to 84 damage lost to the armor you buffed the mob with. The skill deals 137.5 damage on average minus that 84 damage, which brings the damage dealt to 53.5 damage. Wither on the other hand will do 60 damage.

These numbers will vary on group setup.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

yeah personally i like protection as soon as i hit 28 and i can use the shield i have im specing back into protection and its not really for everyone else as much as its for me i can keep everyone healed and if they do die i can revive but if i die and im the only engineer then everyone has to wait till i run back so the extra armor of shield + protection will allow me to survive longer and heal longer while im stealing everyone elses agro in those though spam heal situations

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Avenger View Post
    Yeah I don't get why everyone is freaking out. The protection adding +60 to us isn't worth it so what's this +60 to the enemy? It does good damage, even though cool down still kinda sucks. But I'm liking the skill and using it. I couldn't figure out what to invest my skill point into when I hit 28 so I gave this a shot and will continue adding to it till I hit level cap
    Freaking out or not, I think matters a lot because it changes how the skill should be used. If the sign is positive one has to switch targets a lot more, "cast and switch" if you please, hoping to still inflict max dps but to a number of enemies and yet avoiding hitting against that positively buffed enemy armor. And if the sign is negative then use it primarily against the toughest and most armored enemy and as soon as possible, so that most of the other dps is hit against that negatively buffed armor. Big difference there.

That said, I believe I said earlier, that I hadn't noticed the armor effect at all. And I had used it under the assumption that it's -60 like it was at the time when I took it into use. So the +-60 is still pretty much negligible and the matter is now only about how to use it optimally.