I'm only 20ish on my comm, but I will say that by feel it was best to use the heavy weapons (aoe) on mobs and a rifle of some sort on bosses. You can wreck mobs at a wicked pace by starting off with auto attack, using the pull skill near a wall, stomp, then back away and hit the aoe knockback skill. In the end I always get frustrated that I can never find a good engineer to run with. Then I go back to my engineer and help guildies.

Quote Originally Posted by Kindread View Post
I just experienced firsthand how ridiculous a commando with pistol and shield is. I died 3 times against the Director Droid becaue I was effectively the tank as I was doing more damage than the Commando with pistol and shield. I was livid. I didn't accept the revive and just kept hounding the tank to switch weapons and do his job and tank so I can do my job and heal him. A commando not tanking is like me running around not healing and calling myself an attack engineer. Ok end rant.
I had a similar experience this weekend on my engineer. The attack engineer bit made me chuckle though. I don't understand the attack engineer thing. If you want damage, there are 2 other classes that are better suited at it. Yes, even commandos if they are played right.