Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Things to note before running tomorrow's event - DEV RESPONDED

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    79 Posts

Default Things to note before running tomorrow's event - DEV RESPONDED

Hi guys, I just read about tomorrow's event ( http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...Event-and-more! ) and decided that there are a couple of things that i should warn you guys before even spending precious time and energies on it. Please inform your friends who doesn't use forum too!

1) Do not craft the gems on twinks

First off

Quote Originally Posted by VROOMIGoRealFast View Post
    The Awakening Gems and Elite Awakening Gems crafted through the event are bound to the character, they cannot be traded nor stashed
    And then...

Quote Originally Posted by Justg View Post
    OP Edit:
    You must be Level 46 or above to awaken weapons, but any level weapon that is Epic or above can be awakened.
    If a twink runs the event and craft the gem, they gem will end up being redundant unless they level up/or plat level (*Shifty eyes*) to 46

DEV RESPONSE: Somewhat true. You can run the event as a twink, get the shards, and trade the shards, but you should probably not be crafting the gems unless you are on your way up the level chain. If you are not, sell the power pieces. This is only related to the event. For the actual system (utilizing Incense Fragments), Twinks can craft tradable gems. - g

2) Elite awakening gem will take 120 weapon shards to craft

So you still want to craft the elite gem? Let me teach you how! You find portal, if you are a warrior for example there are 2 different type of boss for you to kill (shield or sword boss) after killing it, you will get ONE weapon shard of that type of boss you kill.

Nice, wait till you find out you need 20 shield, 20 sword, 20 daggers, 20 bows, 20 guns, 20 staff shards to craft just 1 bounded elite awakening gem, for those who are ready to take up this hardcore challegenge and don't mind spending 120 energies on 1 piece of untradeable and unstashable gem, be my guest

DEV RESPONSE: Yes, but they drop 10-20 pieces per dungeon run, so this can take as little as six runs, not 120. - g

3) Elite awakening gem only costs 5 plats after this event

5 plat for the Elite Awakening Gem.
    So during this event, you crafted the elite awakening gem and slotted into the weapon, managed to sell it for a high price? Well good for you, you are very very lucky because right after the event, everyone can slot elite awakening gems for 5 plats each all those who spent 600 plats worth of energies to craft 1 miserable piece of elite awakening gem... Congratulations for wasting your time/gold/plat!

DEV RESPONSE: Actually you can buy them for 5 plat now. - g

4) Leaderboard is likely to be for plat users (Unconfirmed)

The fact that you need to craft the gems to earn leaderboard points means people who can speed craft these gems will have the upperhand, I am hesitant on adding this point in because who knows? Crafting might be instant... But i guess i will just warn you guys beforehand

5) Apparently the event duration is pretty short

This weekend we will be running an event that increases the availability of Awakening Gems, more on that soon.
    DEV RESPONSE: The event is set up to run through the week. If we get back on Tuesday and the whole economy has crashed we reserve the right to change things to protect the game, as always. - g

Please warn your friends about the above features before running the events with them, thanks for reading!

Proposed solution: Remove energy usage, Release double boss drop lix for this event
    If you guys want to restrict the amount of awakening gems, make boss chance to drop instead of 100% drop rate on the materials

(Note: I am a hoarder of double boss drop lix too, No haters please)
    Last edited by Justg; 09-01-2016 at 01:04 PM. Reason: Responded inline to erroneous assumptions
    POTATO ISH ME

2. The Following 19 Users Say Thank You to Potato is me For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    51 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Potato is me View Post

3) Elite awakening gem only costs 5 plats after this event

So during this event, you crafted the elite awakening gem and slotted into the weapon, managed to sell it for a high price? Well good for you, you are very very lucky because right after the event, everyone can slot elite awakening gems for 5 plats each all those who spent 600 plats worth of energies to craft 1 miserable piece of elite awakening gem... Congratulations for wasting your time/gold/plat!

Thanks for the nice event sts!

Please warn your friends about the above features before running the events with them, thanks for reading!
    hmm, maybe Should I skip this event? seems not profitable.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    87 Posts

Not to mention tomorrow's event EATS Energy Kits yet Energy Essences won't drop, so you'd have to spend Energy Kits you've kept in the previous event. Sadly, no thanks.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    79 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Horme View Post
    hmm, maybe Should I skip this event? seems not profitable.
    They need to remove energy usage on it and one possible solution to compensate back their profit is to release double boss drop elixir again, this will enable people to decide whether to use plat or not depending on whether they want to run the lb since the lb ranking is based on how many gems people have crafted

Quote Originally Posted by Vixenne View Post
    Not to mention tomorrow's event EATS Energy Kits yet Energy Essences won't drop, so you'd have to spend Energy Kits you've kept in the previous event. Sadly, no thanks.
    Name:  Screen Shot 2016-09-01 at 10.05.39 am.png
Views: 1074
Size:  60.0 KB
    POTATO ISH ME

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Potato is me For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    270 Posts

Thanks Potato!
    Now gimme dinner

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    114 Posts

Thank you. Didn't know they were bound to character

They need to remove energy usage on it and one possible solution to compensate back their profit is to release double boss drop elixir again, this will enable people to decide whether to use plat or not depending on whether they want to run the lb since the lb ranking is based on how many gems people have crafted

Name:  Screen Shot 2016-09-01 at 10.05.39 am.png
Views: 1074
Size:  60.0 KB
    Oh dang. Idk if I want to run anymore @.@ Lol xD

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts

Anyone knows whether if we'll be able to craft energy kits during this event? I still got over 200 energy essences that i forgot to craft during the ursoth event.

Sent from my ASUS_Z00AD using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    177 Posts

I dont think this event is "absurd" as stated. It is fine as it is. Not hating but here are my opinions.

1. Assuming all levels can kill the event boss, everyone has equal opportunity to loot the shards. That is a farming opportunity for ALL. Twinks can sell the shards, its not like they are unable to participate.

2. It is a good thing that only endgamers can awaken weapons. This does 2 things : Encourages low levels to level up without forcing them to. Also keeps the amount of awakening gems lower so that the supply is not overflowing and saturated on day 1.

3. So what if energy does not drop? It is just mini event and those who want the gems slightly quicker than their release, can get it now. Lots of energy kits in the market sold for gold. Energy essences can drop later for the big events.

4. One thing that is a win-win would be to release Boss Double Loot elixirs again for this mini event.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

Thanks for the light. If energy kits arent dropable well.. I wll enjoy the new client and play with my new pets, no problem

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    79 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zynzyn View Post
    I dont think this event is "absurd" as stated. It is fine as it is. Not hating but here are my opinions.

1. Assuming all levels can kill the event boss, everyone has equal opportunity to loot the shards. That is a farming opportunity for ALL. Twinks can sell the shards, its not like they are unable to participate.

2. It is a good thing that only endgamers can awaken weapons. This does 2 things : Encourages low levels to level up without forcing them to. Also keeps the amount of awakening gems lower so that the supply is not overflowing and saturated on day 1.

3. So what if energy does not drop? It is just mini event and those who want the gems slightly quicker than their release, can get it now. Lots of energy kits in the market sold for gold. Energy essences can drop later for the big events.

4. One thing that is a win-win would be to release Boss Double Loot elixirs again for this mini event.
    I guess its a matter of perspective

1. This farming opportunity is something i won't take, twink or end game, if you read carefully and think about it, this is a gold sink event. 120 energies are required to farm for 120 weapon shards to craft 1 elite gem which you can't really sell.

Also, right after this event they will release the gem for 5 plats each so wasting 600 plats worth of energy and time is just not worth it.

Even if i am interested in this event, what i will do is just use up the free regenerative energy then merch/farm and use those gold to buy the weapon shards in the later part of the game and craft the gems.

2. You do not seem to understand twinks, some twink friends of mine have been playing this game at low level probably even before you started playing arcane legends and some still don't have higher level or end game characters (I know because i twink and endgame). Also i doubt that there will be overflowing amount of awakening gems on day one due to the difficulty of crafting it, do you know how much does it cost to run 120 energy runs?

If they are afraid of overflooding gems, they can nerf the portal rate

3. Energy drop wasn't even in my main context, the fact is this event shouldn't even require energy... the requirements to craft the gem is hard enough to ensure that there are minimal gems around in the market, some players do not even have 120 jewel inv slots to begin with.

Now let me ask you, would you like to spend 600 plats to be the first to try out awakening when u can get it for 5 plats in the following week? There is little to no time for u to sell your awakened weapon to recover the gold/plat spent. Perspective..
    Last edited by Potato is me; 09-01-2016 at 06:38 AM.
    POTATO ISH ME

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    79 Posts

Also missed out this info about how long the event will last

This weekend we will be running an event that increases the availability of Awakening Gems, more on that soon.

- g
    POTATO ISH ME

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    203 Posts

After reading this, WE at low level might as well wait for the plat-bundles-sellable after this event.
    Kronos Divine Guild Development PICS HERE -- PVP VIDS HERE AL Retiree

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    83 Posts

Wait, so uh thinks cant awaken weapons?
    76 Lethoiun 71 Hymns 58 Selfocracy
    "Even the smallest person can change the course of the future." J.R.R Tolkien

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    79 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Lethoiun View Post
    Wait, so uh thinks cant awaken weapons?
    twinks above lvl 45 can, but below no
    POTATO ISH ME

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,462 Posts

Weird that they make this lv 46 restriction yet the weapon can just be passed to a lv 16 bypassing the restriction. O. o

What is the 600 plat statistic you reference come from?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    478 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Suentous PO View Post
    Weird that they make this lv 46 restriction yet the weapon can just be passed to a lv 16 bypassing the restriction. O. o

What is the 600 plat statistic you reference come from?
    5 plat if you purchase an energy kit directly using plat. 120 energy kits required to make the 120 runs in the event to loot the required number of essences needed to craft 1 elite awakening gem.
    Why do we fall? So that we can rise again.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,462 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Safiras View Post
    5 plat if you purchase an energy kit directly using plat. 120 energy kits required to make the 120 runs in the event to loot the required number of essences needed to craft 1 elite awakening gem.
    Ty, I see now.
    So odd it's 5 right after. Some of the weirdest event rules ever.
    I was definately not getting it right off the bat

20.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #18
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,037 Posts

Lots of erroneous assumptions in this post:

Do not craft the gems on twinks
    Somewhat true. You can run the event as a twink, get the shards, and trade the shards, but you should probably not be crafting the gems unless you are on your way up the level chain. If you are not, sell the power pieces. This is only related to the event. For the actual system (utilizing Incense Fragments), Twinks can craft tradable gems.

Elite awakening gem will take 120 weapon shards to craft. For those who are ready to take up this hardcore challegenge and don't mind spending 120 energies on 1 piece of untradeable and unstashable gem, be my guest
    Yes, but they drop 10-20 pieces per dungeon run, so this can take as little as six runs, not 120.

Elite awakening gem only costs 5 plats after this event
    Actually you can buy them for 5 plat now.

Apparently the event duration is pretty short
    The event is set up to run through the week. If we get back on Tuesday and the whole economy has crashed we reserve the right to change things to protect the game, as always.
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

21. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Justg For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    328 Posts

10-20 pieces per dungeon? niceee, we were under impression that only the single boss in the dungeon can drop one of these...
    always milking, no service
    AL IGN: Extrapayah/Extraparah/Extrajelek
    Support Shared Pet Stable Please!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    79 Posts

Lots of erroneous assumptions in this post:

Somewhat true. You can run the event as a twink, get the shards, and trade the shards, but you should probably not be crafting the gems unless you are on your way up the level chain. If you are not, sell the power pieces. This is only related to the event. For the actual system (utilizing Incense Fragments), Twinks can craft tradable gems.

Yes, but they drop 10-20 pieces per dungeon run, so this can take as little as six runs, not 120.

Actually you can buy them for 5 plat now.

The event is set up to run through the week. If we get back on Tuesday and the whole economy has crashed we reserve the right to change things to protect the game, as always.
    2nd point

On defeat, this demon will drop a hidden power shard of that particular weapon type.

This demon is categorized as a boss, and double boss drop elixirs will work on them.

- g
    You said A hidden power shard (Singular)

3rd point

Why aren't we informed about this?

4th point

You did say it is a weekend event in previous threads

Sorry if I made erroneous comments, but please be clear about your info next time, thank you for your assurance
    POTATO ISH ME

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Potato is me For This Useful Post: