Thread: Discussion) Is it wise to keep eggs to sell later?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Default Discussion) Is it wise to keep eggs to sell later?

Hello!

I have some opinions about this but since I am a new player I can't be sure about them. So here they are;

1) Prices depend on demand-supply which means prices will go up when the market runs out of eggs.

2) Demand: Currently who demand these eggs are new players and the ones who couldnt participate in event or been unlucky. Since prices are this low, any old player can get any legendary or mythic egg with for example 5-6 hours(at most) of km3 farming.

3) Supply: Those players who want an egg, already got it but there are still eggs in the market and there are tons of players who still hold their eggs which means there will be a huge supply for a very long time.

4) Why old players won't affect demand? I am saying everyone got any egg they want because prices still going down indicates that.

5) I don't believe prices will ever go up! By all those facts, there is a long long long time for the eggs to price up. In this time, there is no guarantee for STS not making new pets which will make the eggs we hold completely useless.

All these thoughts make want to get rid off all my eggs now yet people who I trust tell me to keep them. So I wonder what you experienced players think about this issue. Thank you very much for your time, waiting for your comments.
    Last edited by Teasajah; 09-03-2016 at 07:01 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

i slotted some pets, and when the price going high, i sell them

Sent from my S50F using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts

It will go up for sure.The problem is how long does it takes.

Sent from my HM NOTE 1LTEW using Tapatalk

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

prices will go up in about 3 years haha

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Depends on a couple of things...

1) Will lots of new players join the game over the next year?

2) Will any new pet APs be added to the game? For example, "100 pets in stable" would help increase prices of pet eggs.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

during this awakening event, pet egg price will stay lower IMO because people needs gold for awakening gems, hidden powers, and ofcourse mythic n arcane weapon, and the easiest way to earn gold this time is from selling their pet eggs.....with lower prices

Sent from my S50F using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Energizeric View Post
    Depends on a couple of things...

1) Will lots of new players join the game over the next year?

2) Will any new pet APs be added to the game? For example, "100 pets in stable" would help increase prices of pet eggs.
    That's exactly what I thought. So as an under-geared player like me, there is no need for a huge gamble and waiting months, I personally decided to sell a couple days after this event.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    51 Posts

Peoples slotted pet, It mean the egg will remain tradeable. Egg's price is hard to raise IMO, except for several pet that has good passive.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts

1) Well, usually buyers will know the usual sale price and if they do they will look outside of auction for a cheaper price or wait for auction to adjust and stabilise back to its original price as if demand drops, the unintended consequence is that competition will increase and cause sellers to constantly underbid each other.

2) Demand is made up of consumption, investment, government spending, exports minus imports.

In terms of AL, we only need to consider consumption, investment, exports and imports. Consumption at the moment will actually increase due to the fact that 5plat=20k (elite awakening) which is easy to obtain for the vast majority and the recent eggstraviganza which supplied most of AL's population with a hefty fortune; however supply and demand are not in equilibrium as supply>demand at the moment.

Investment would be the hoarders who plan to store eggs for future sales (I myself being one of them) and now is the best time to buy the eggs as everyone sells after the event which brings the price down a lot as everyone panics lol.

Exports I PRESUME have decreased as pets can be slotted and taken out at a later date, although some eggs can no longer be imported into the economic cycle as they are only available during certain events.

3+4) (especially 4) made me laugh...new players aren't going to have a lot of gold to start with unless they purchase platinum; even then they may not know what to do with it and may waste it. Whereas new players will most likely have experience and knowledge to make the most out of it.

In addition, older players will generally have more gold and therefore pets are more affordable - also they may plan to make 2 other classes (e.g warrior decides to make Mage and rogue) and maybe even 'twink' or slot pets they already have in another pet simply for the AA/happiness bonus or passive; so they purchase more eggs then new players.

5) Well that's simple - you lack economic knowledge.

So, what you need to consider is:
    - Popularity
    - Vanity pet/PVE/PVP
    - Availability (e.g hisha was only available during ursoth (happens once a year) from the boss - not chests etc which are still obtainable)
    - Cheaper substitutes (e.g you may want a pet which banishes - Grimm @100k or Nekro@4m)
    - Upcoming events (although some are unpredictable, Halloween is coming up and slobber will probably be offered in a vendor for tokens so demand for him will be low prior to the event as people will rely on the price decreasing)
    - If the pet is effective for 1 class, 2 classes or all 3.

P.S sorry if I'm harsh, but we all have our opinions. However, opinions aren't relevant in some cases - especially in an economy full of uncertainties.
    Last edited by Probationer; 09-04-2016 at 03:06 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Probationer View Post
    1) Well, usually buyers will know the usual sale price and if they do they will look outside of auction for a cheaper price or wait for auction to adjust and stabilise back to its original price as if demand drops, the unintended consequence is that competition will increase and cause sellers to constantly underbid each other.

2) Demand is made up of consumption, investment, government spending, exports minus imports.

In terms of AL, we only need to consider consumption, investment, exports and imports. Consumption at the moment will actually increase due to the fact that 5plat=20k (elite awakening) which is easy to obtain for the vast majority and the recent eggstraviganza which supplied most of AL's population with a hefty fortune; however supply and demand are not in equilibrium as supply>demand at the moment.

Investment would be the hoarders who plan to store eggs for future sales (I myself being one of them) and now is the best time to buy the eggs as everyone sells after the event which brings the price down a lot as everyone panics lol.

Exports I PRESUME have decreased as pets can be slotted and taken out at a later date, although some eggs can no longer be imported into the economic cycle as they are only available during certain events.

3+4) (especially 4) made me laugh...new players aren't going to have a lot of gold to start with unless they purchase platinum; even then they may not know what to do with it and may waste it. Whereas new players will most likely have experience and knowledge to make the most out of it.

In addition, older players will generally have more gold and therefore pets are more affordable - also they may plan to make 2 other classes (e.g warrior decides to make Mage and rogue) and maybe even 'twink' or slot pets they already have in another pet simply for the AA/happiness bonus or passive; so they purchase more eggs then new players.

5) Well that's simple - you lack economic knowledge.

So, what you need to consider is:
    - Popularity
    - Vanity pet/PVE/PVP
    - Availability (e.g hisha was only available during ursoth (happens once a year) from the boss - not chests etc which are still obtainable)
    - Cheaper substitutes (e.g you may want a pet which banishes - Grimm @100k or Nekro@4m)
    - Upcoming events (although some are unpredictable, Halloween is coming up and slobber will probably be offered in a vendor for tokens so demand for him will be low prior to the event as people will rely on the price decreasing)
    - If the pet is effective for 1 class, 2 classes or all 3.

P.S sorry if I'm harsh, but we all have our opinions. However, opinions aren't relevant in some cases - especially in an economy full of uncertainties.
    Thank you very much for the detailed comment.

Well, first of all, I am a new player who has been playing for a few weeks. Eggstravaganza is the first event I have ever seen. So I lack AL knowledge.

In general, we both think alike except you know about things affect AL economy much more than me. What I don't understand is how do you think prices will go up? Only the "old players may want other classes and twinks" part didn't come to my mind but is it gonna affect it that much?

Also you misunderstood the part you laughed, I didn't mean new players will raise the prices by "why old players won't raise prices". #4 was connected to #5. I think the same as you about new players, and #4 was about old players which leads me to the idea of #5, prices won't go up or even if they do it will take a very long time that is not worth waiting for.(Especially when I don't have enough Inv/stash space to keep them+I am a new player so I need at least essential gear.)

What I understood from your comment is that only some specific pets are going to price up in long term, others are dead.

My questions to you are:
    1) Do you keep your eggs now just because you can or do you think it will really be worth it? I mean would you keep your eggs in my situation?(Under-geared and want to run elite underhul)

2) Do you think the hoarders' panic will cause them to sell all their eggs underpriced and the sun will shine on patient keepers like you?

3) When do you think the prices will go up? (+Which pets)(I don't expect you to give %100 accurate date but looks like you have an idea about that.)

4) Are they going back to their old prices or just a little higher?(Again, which pets?)

Thank you very much again for your time and sorry if things I wrote are disconnected, I am sleepy rn. ^^

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts

Making a profit over time would most likely not be of the best benefit to you, since you are lacking gear (People in Elite Underhul will not run with under geared party members).

Personally, I don't expect the price to rise in a short period of time. Eventually, maybe, but probably not soon.
    I hate to be a cloud of darkness, but most hoarders/merchers aren't going to tell their secrets. They have to make a profit too, after all.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to blazerdd For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by blazerdd View Post
    Making a profit over time would most likely not be of the best benefit to you, since you are lacking gear (People in Elite Underhul will not run with under geared party members).

Personally, I don't expect the price to rise in a short period of time. Eventually, maybe, but probably not soon.
    I hate to be a cloud of darkness, but most hoarders/merchers aren't going to tell their secrets. They have to make a profit too, after all.
    You know me, I can't but tell.
    Didn't you panic and ask me what eggs to buy just after event ended lol?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts

Yeah, I did XD
    That's right after I dumped 3m into *insert favorite egg*...
    What'd you expect after you had said you made ____

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to blazerdd For This Useful Post: