Thread: kills and deaths in pve

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

Default kills and deaths in pve

I have noticed that in pve, kills only count when you're in a level where you can recieve XP. Deaths though count in all level settings. So i was wondering if
    1.) Deaths also dont count in lower level campaigns, or
    2.) Kills count in all level settings, because a kill is a kill, and a death is a death.

Could this be changed please?

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Thasaint For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

I totally agree +1

SupaProdigy level 32 operative SpaceReaper level 12 .Beastrocity lvl 63
    Supaprodigy level 56 bird Toquickforu level 60 Paladin! Top Shot Mafia. Empty-Space

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Thasaint:420142
    I have noticed that in pve, kills only count when you're in a level where you can recieve XP. Deaths though count in all level settings. So i was wondering if
    2.) Kills count in all level settings, because a kill is a kill, and a death is a death.

1. I used to agree with this. However, a level 30 character isn't supposed to die in Cycorp. So if you think about it, it makes sense that you'd have to pay for it when you die in a low level zone.

2. I disagree. If the kill-is-a-kill rule gets implemented, it would be too easy to farm kills.
    Anybody can sacrifice a queen. The real trick is getting away with it.

ELITE
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    143 Posts

Kills have always only been gained in level appropriate dungeons. In fact you don't gain a kill if you can't gain xp has been taken a step further with the implementation of kills don't count if you disable xp in the options. It's STS' way of making sure that kills are gained in a way that seems fair, you have to actually earn the kill in a semi challenging way in order for it to count. Taking a level 30 to a map designed for a level 2-6 is so easy it seems like you're cheating, if you die there then those enemies earned that kill big time!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ProSophist:420162
    Quote Originally Posted by Thasaint:420142

1. I used to agree with this. However, a level 30 character isn't supposed to die in Cycorp. So if you think about it, it makes sense that you'd have to pay for it when you die in a low level zone.

2. I disagree. If the kill-is-a-kill rule gets implemented, it would be too easy to farm kills.
    A level 30 isn't supposed to die in Corp? Wanna bet? Go walk through a red line with an explosive. One hit kill regardless of level. Go walk into electrified water. One hit kill regardless of level. Unless you mean excluding one hit kill scenarios. BTW this is PL section.

Though I will always believe that if you aren't allowed to get kills then you shouldn't earn deaths either. It favors the monster.

AL Kar | PL/SL Karaai | DL/AL Karai | SL Karaii | AL Karwar | PL Squishybirdie | PL Gotnorange

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,020 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gluttony View Post
    Kills have always only been gained in level appropriate dungeons. In fact you don't gain a kill if you can't gain xp has been taken a step further with the implementation of kills don't count if you disable xp in the options. It's STS' way of making sure that kills are gained in a way that seems fair, you have to actually earn the kill in a semi challenging way in order for it to count. Taking a level 30 to a map designed for a level 2-6 is so easy it seems like you're cheating, if you die there then those enemies earned that kill big time!
    Kills used to be able to be gained in any zone. Early on. A level 25 could get kills in forest haven for example. That's how loso had 40K+ kills at level 25 (which was a TON back then). But I agree, kill fractions and no deaths counted in lower level zones have both been suggested, I think it's fine the way it is though.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    63 Posts

It's kinda dumb how you can't get kills anymore if you disable xp. That means lvl one pve files will be dead