Thread: DEVS PLEASE READ - XP Gains and Enjoyment Factor

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

Default DEVS PLEASE READ - XP Gains and Enjoyment Factor

First off I would like to have this thread moved into this section.

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...8-disappointed.....

Second here are some suggestions that have been made since finding out that to get to the hardcore level of 31 you need 34,000 experience.

There are three amazing ideas suggested in this thread.

The first suggestion is to create a random dungeon mode.
    - have 5 dungeons with 3 rotating bosses for each dungeon. These can change once a new expansion is released. As well as adding new random dungeons as content is released. Have new epic gear drops from these bosses.

The second suggestion is to scale levels.
    - i'm assuming that you can't give a percentage of an experience point for a kill but if you could, you could make the starting levels give less xp per kill. Like 1/4 of an xp point per kill then 1/3 then 1/2 then 3/4. So for the level 1-5 zone you would receive 1/4 of an experience point per kill and so on.

And the third suggestion is my own.
    - a 10 player mini dungeon for hardcore. Maybe have 3 random dungeons to rotate on. With three bosses from random levels that already exist in the game. The bosses would be quite difficult similar to doing 10-25 man raids in WoW. You " could " have exclusive gear that drops off each specific boss. As well as only having 1 piece drop from the boss. Depending on the class that it is made for and how many of that class are in the dungeon a " roll " que would pop and highest roll wins.
    Facebones & Dethklock are proud members of Vengeance

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Fac3bon3s View Post
    First off I would like to have this thread moved into this section.

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...8-disappointed.....

Second here are some suggestions that have been made since finding out that to get to the hardcore level of 31 you need 34,000 experience.

There are three amazing ideas suggested in this thread.

The first suggestion is to create a random dungeon mode.
    - have 5 dungeons with 3 rotating bosses for each dungeon. These can change once a new expansion is released. As well as adding new random dungeons as content is released. Have new epic gear drops from these bosses.

The second suggestion is to scale levels.
    - i'm assuming that you can't give a percentage of an experience point for a kill but if you could, you could make the starting levels give less xp per kill. Like 1/4 of an xp point per kill then 1/3 then 1/2 then 3/4. So for the level 1-5 zone you would receive 1/4 of an experience point per kill and so on.

And the third suggestion is my own.
    - a 10 player mini dungeon for hardcore. Maybe have 3 random dungeons to rotate on. With three bosses from random levels that already exist in the game. The bosses would be quite difficult similar to doing 10-25 man raids in WoW. You " could " have exclusive gear that drops off each specific boss. As well as only having 1 piece drop from the boss. Depending on the class that it is made for and how many of that class are in the dungeon a " roll " que would pop and highest roll wins.

I like the second idea but it will also create lagg and no one likes lagg just like i like the idea of a Roam Room.

SupaProdigy level 32 operative SpaceReaper level 12 .Beastrocity lvl 63
    Supaprodigy level 56 bird Toquickforu level 60 Paladin! Top Shot Mafia. Empty-Space

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

I still think these are great ideas. It would be great to get some feedback from the community.
    Facebones & Dethklock are proud members of Vengeance

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    303 Posts

I do like the random dungeons part. Something new every time.

Visit the SL Lore thread for more knowledge on the history behind SL! (Click me!)
    Visit the official Infinite Union Website to join the tribe, hang out, or chat in the forums!