Thread: Feedback: Reply to private message via notification feature.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

Default Feedback: Reply to private message via notification feature.

I love the new notification feature, especially for messages. It allows me to go AFK and still catch all messages.

However, I noticed that if you 'Reply' from the notification feature, the "/r (name)" command is already highlighted and any letter would pretty much delete and replace it with the letter.

Don't get me wrong, I love that new feature as well; when the keyboard automatically highlights the selected text for easy retyping (CS for example).

But is it possible that when you reply via the notification feature, you can immediately start typing? Eg, "/r (name) (what you type starts here)" instead of the entire "/r (name)" being highlighted?

I hope I'm understood, can't get photos in yet now but will do when I get home.
    Last edited by Ellyidol; 09-19-2011 at 01:32 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    264 Posts

I usually touch to the right of the highlighted area, then the hilight disappears, and u dont have to write their whole name out
    Nothing related to any players or drug references because they already got me into trouble

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Matutd View Post
    I usually touch to the right of the highlighted area, then the hilight disappears, and u dont have to write their whole name out
    Yeah, that's how you get rid of it, but is it possible that this wouldn't be needed? I know, for my case at least, it'd save time especially if in a dungeon or such. Or is this an iOS thing and is only changeable through the device hardware or client?

Not a big deal, just a small convenience.

Added photos to OP.
    Last edited by Ellyidol; 09-19-2011 at 01:30 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts

I think a developer already brought this up in a thread. They said that they would fix this small issue in the next client update.

I'll try and look around and see where this was said.

EDIT: Saw your post after mine. Just editing for others to see and if you didn't happen to find the original message.

Quote Originally Posted by Flip:416673
    Known Issue: When you hit the "Reply" button on the notification window the chat window will automatically fill out "/tell whoevermessagedyou". This text is highlighted, so if you just start typing then the "/tell whoevermessagedyou" portion will be overwritten, causing your response to go to local chat.
    Workaround: Tap Reply, then tap once to the right of the highlighted text to remove the highlighting. Then type your reply and send.

This will be fixed in the next full client update.
    It's in the thread "Patch Notes 1.0.2 Content Update (69085)," as one of the comments.
    Last edited by Carth; 09-19-2011 at 02:13 AM.
    Current Sig by
    SL Elite Death Squad

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Carth View Post
    I think a developer already brought this up in a thread. They said that they would fix this small issue in the next client update.

I'll try and look around and see where this was said.
    Oh, missed it.

Thanks very much

Alaska, Left the heat on & melted my Igloo...
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

I love the new feature as well. I go afk a lot lol. I use an actual Logitech wireless keyboard via Usb on my tab. All I have to do is hit the Right Arrow & I'm ready to reply.
    Proud Officer of Infinite Union
    Downloads -36 Commando * Http -36 Operative * URL -36 Engineer