Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A brilliant event, yes but....

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    67 Posts

Default A brilliant event, yes but....

I usually dont make my posts with that kind of heading but just had to get the attention of readers hehe!
    So on the event; i bet most will agree that this, like the Eggzavier and Awakening Gem event is a treat for all players looking out to become 'better geared players' and earn some gold too in the process. While i wasnt as lucky in the first two, this one seems pretty decent till now and I would like to thank you sts for bringing out an event where we can hunt down the very elusive AG set.
    But, there is a but, while most of us seem pretty happy about it, a few others arent feeling the same. A few people i know have suffered massive losses through the three events that have crossed us recently. For merchers it was originally seen that the more you wait the more the chance is of your stashed items doubling-tripling in amount. But now we see a different sight; the more you wait the more the chances are of your items becoming available to everyone, thus losing its value. I dont exactly know Ardbeg's reaction to this, i dont talk with him, but he seems like a jolly fellow who might just slide this over, or he might not. I know of a few people in this game who had invested quite a lot of gold and time in eggs and the AG set, just to see it give them an amount they desired for it. But as we know those were shattered. What i would like to know is that is this the end of the merching and farming era? Farming, where one actually worked to get something. I mean i would still love to farm a dragonite bar if it was worth something, still get a breeze if i got the confirmation that i wouldnt lose at the end of it, still do countless lock runs knowing that end of the day i ll have a few gold in stash.
    We as players always try to reason out why you do what you do, and even this time we are expecting a motive behind these events. If there is actually so, would like to get a glimpse of it. Might be unreasonable to ask for it right now but its hope for players who have lost quite a lot these events and maybe make them continue what they did best all these years. For them the game is ending and losing the shine it had in the past. They might have a point in it. Events which made people go crazy for runs just to get that special Vanity lost its value when you removed the concept of vanities itself. Instead you reveal Jewels and an egg which is not at all worth it and try to run lb's through it. I can guarantee you that making vanities available again will make lb's more fun and competitive for sure. You reveal farmable items into the game, while farming is a word, luck and elusiveness is another that go synonymous here. Someone runs decades without looting anything, another gets it at the first run. I understand the mechanics of running so much is really hard and content vice you guys show really excellent work as a mobile MMORPG, but in the managing of large data you miss out minor details. Then comes the constant nerfing-buffing of items classses and gears. I think 80% of the posts in forums nowadays is the clash of classes where three classes with little idea about their own class let alone other class fight like angry lions trying to make a point with no logical sense just with the catch-phrase 'nerf them'. All these things makes everyone apprehensive of what's next? Is it for our betterment or is it for the worse?

Dont mistake me here, i still like the game, just unsure where it is heading towards.

2. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Fightbeast For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    73 Posts

I agree 100 %fighty and i made a comment somewhere wrong i think so ill just put it here.

I was wondering what happend in such a short time to AL?
    I was away just for 2 weeks and when i came back i saw there was an egg event-item awakening event- then underhul map got scaled- and now a antignom event?
    first of all i was wondering and asking my self why?

Yeah Arcane got boring for many ppl and we wanted something new.. something exiting..
    with the egg event many ppl lost a bunch of gold all merchers were so upset but i dont wana talk about it.
    second thing.. item awakening event a great idea nice thing u guys did. But why immediatly after the egg event?
    Third thing.. the antignom event...
    Some of us who had the antignom set befor this event had spend more then 30-40mil on that set.
    and it was a good thing to be a bit better then others maybe.. it made a difference to have something which not everyone has.
    Aswell to scale the underhul map... if we would want to go and farm easy maps we wouldnt get our head out of glinstone maps..
    most players did find underhul maps very nice coz it was challenging not easy and u had to put an efford in to do it which was the fun part. But you guys just really had to take aswell this away from us.
    My suggestion would be instead of all the work .. just gifting everyone 10000plat and 50m gold would have done it aswell.

Do i think about quitting ?
    no i dont, but why i mentioned it, was because i thought about it yeah.

I dont think that was a good way of trying to balance the players.
    u want good stuff? Go farm or merch just like everyone else thats the key, not a bunch of free stuff which noone has to do seriously anything for it.

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to mssweety For This Useful Post:

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

If i were to suggest a event next then one for pvp maybe? but has to be a legit one that can not be dummied. Still pve events the best but it kind of get boring a little since pvp is completely dead

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts

I think this event is a push by STS to get everyone in game to the next thing which is the Banished set. I also read this as maybe a step closer to another expansion. I might be wrong about the expansion but I feel like these 3 maps have been the most under utilized when compared to the previous expansions.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    122 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mssweety View Post
    good thing to be a bit better then others maybe.. it made a difference to have something which not everyone has.
    Quote Originally Posted by mssweety View Post
    Go farm or merch just like everyone else thats the key
    If you want to merch and have something which not everyone has, why not merch expensive vanities?

Set prices crashed but its only first set before banished and this event finally made underhul elite maps alive. Lots of people play other two maps even with lower loot prices. There are always merchers who complain, oh my...

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Alwarez For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

The reason the game keeps shifting is that STS continues to look for new ways to monetize the game. Early on it was from plat to gold conversations. Once that died down, they introduced locked crates. Then players began to scream that it was "pay to win", so they shifted to energy based events. Then players began to complain about that, so they added many tradable plat items, including the housing system -- essentially a new way of converting plat to gold.

And now recently they have shifted to these Egg-Zavier/Antignome Thief events where they make plat from the plat vendors that constantly spawn. These events seem to give the non-plat players lots of free stuff, so they are popular, but they also wreak havoc on the economy, and IMO the long term health of the game.

In the end, someone has to pay the bills at STS, and so they continue to look for new ways to monetize the game. Unfortunately, no matter how you slice it, players who spend real money in the game are going to be at an advantage. If there was no advantage, then very few players would spend any money.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,353 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Fightbeast View Post
    I usually dont make my posts with that kind of heading but just had to get the attention of readers hehe!
    So on the event; i bet most will agree that this, like the Eggzavier and Awakening Gem event is a treat for all players looking out to become 'better geared players' and earn some gold too in the process. While i wasnt as lucky in the first two, this one seems pretty decent till now and I would like to thank you sts for bringing out an event where we can hunt down the very elusive AG set.
    But, there is a but, while most of us seem pretty happy about it, a few others arent feeling the same. A few people i know have suffered massive losses through the three events that have crossed us recently. For merchers it was originally seen that the more you wait the more the chance is of your stashed items doubling-tripling in amount. But now we see a different sight; the more you wait the more the chances are of your items becoming available to everyone, thus losing its value. I dont exactly know Ardbeg's reaction to this, i dont talk with him, but he seems like a jolly fellow who might just slide this over, or he might not. I know of a few people in this game who had invested quite a lot of gold and time in eggs and the AG set, just to see it give them an amount they desired for it. But as we know those were shattered. What i would like to know is that is this the end of the merching and farming era? Farming, where one actually worked to get something. I mean i would still love to farm a dragonite bar if it was worth something, still get a breeze if i got the confirmation that i wouldnt lose at the end of it, still do countless lock runs knowing that end of the day i ll have a few gold in stash.
    We as players always try to reason out why you do what you do, and even this time we are expecting a motive behind these events. If there is actually so, would like to get a glimpse of it. Might be unreasonable to ask for it right now but its hope for players who have lost quite a lot these events and maybe make them continue what they did best all these years. For them the game is ending and losing the shine it had in the past. They might have a point in it. Events which made people go crazy for runs just to get that special Vanity lost its value when you removed the concept of vanities itself. Instead you reveal Jewels and an egg which is not at all worth it and try to run lb's through it. I can guarantee you that making vanities available again will make lb's more fun and competitive for sure. You reveal farmable items into the game, while farming is a word, luck and elusiveness is another that go synonymous here. Someone runs decades without looting anything, another gets it at the first run. I understand the mechanics of running so much is really hard and content vice you guys show really excellent work as a mobile MMORPG, but in the managing of large data you miss out minor details. Then comes the constant nerfing-buffing of items classses and gears. I think 80% of the posts in forums nowadays is the clash of classes where three classes with little idea about their own class let alone other class fight like angry lions trying to make a point with no logical sense just with the catch-phrase 'nerf them'. All these things makes everyone apprehensive of what's next? Is it for our betterment or is it for the worse?

Dont mistake me here, i still like the game, just unsure where it is heading towards.
    Only thing I can say, what's wrong with just bumping the drop rates and adding the set to the store?

Maybe if the company thinks to add a banished vendor, remember this happening, bump the rates, and add the items to the store.
    Last edited by Avaree; 09-09-2016 at 04:41 PM.
    Avy
    12-2012

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Avaree For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    459 Posts

Since i was mentioned above:
    I wonder what we will farm next if our efforts get trashed so fast here. Why buy the next Hisha for 6-8M if it is available for 500k shortly after. Why spend plat for mythic pets if they are free the next week?
    Almost every thread asked for a gentle bump for the Antignome pieces to keep the maps alive. Now the set dropped from 30m to 300k in two days so why run the maps after event with the shiny new set? The price drop is the smallest of my concerns, i just can't see a healthy pve game after these events. And this is not a problem for me, but for the whole community, even if the set makes some people happy for a few days. If the game steers in direction casuals, so be it, but why the absurd drop rate in the first place? If not, honor the effort people make, be it money or time. I don t see any consistency with rarity or item shelflive this season, with all the good things sts did lately.

13. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Ardbeg For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,353 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by avikk View Post

Lastly I hope the banished set has a use in the next expansion or it might end up becoming a veterans collectors item, and noone wants to see a veteran retire because of the lack of forethought put into content.

P.S.: I have a lot more to add and I've been meaning to post about how investing in gear isn't paying off but the past fortnight has been hectic for me and I've never honestly been able to find the time to compile my thoughts into a proper post.:/
    ^^
    #11 chars needed
    Avy
    12-2012

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    67 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by avikk View Post
    I'm too tired to read through all of your post

But ik I'll probably agree with most of your post. (Most)

P.S.: belated happy birthday nab i can never find you ingame these days...
    Damn! I was hoping you would agree with my full post cauz i was writing 'Nottmagical is a noob' somewhere in the middle :P
    Thanks a lot bro

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    67 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Avaree View Post
    Only thing I can say, what's wrong with just bumping the drop rates and adding the set to the store?

Maybe if the company thinks to add a banished vendor, remember this happening, bump the rates, and add the items to the store.
    Idm items being added to the store, but if you do that, do it after such a period that someone who has worked really hard for it doesnt feel dejected for working so hard for it while others get it at a price a million times less then his/her work and time. Otherwise give the option at the beginning itself, those who can use plat can buy the items straight off while farmers can farm for it. At least everyone works towards something.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    67 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ardbeg View Post
    Since i was mentioned above:
    I wonder what we will farm next if our efforts get trashed so fast here. Why buy the next Hisha for 6-8M if it is available for 500k shortly after. Why spend plat for mythic pets if they are free the next week?
    Almost every thread asked for a gentle bump for the Antignome pieces to keep the maps alive. Now the set dropped from 30m to 300k in two days so why run the maps after event with the shiny new set? The price drop is the smallest of my concerns, i just can't see a healthy pve game after these events. And this is not a problem for me, but for the whole community, even if the set makes some people happy for a few days. If the game steers in direction casuals, so be it, but why the absurd drop rate in the first place? If not, honor the effort people make, be it money or time. I don t see any consistency with rarity or item shelflive this season, with all the good things sts did lately.
    One of the points i was trying to make.
    Thing is i have seen you over the months posting on forums your progress on the set. For us it was like a good story unraveling part by part. And i know you worked really hard for it all this time. So after the season ended, even if you were the only person left with the set i wouldn't have minded since you deserved it. But now everyone is getting everything.
    As a player all i ask is that hard work shouldn't be replaced ever with something easy to do. I dont know the future plans of STS and i think they have a plan after all these events. Just hoping that everyone treads carefully

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Fightbeast For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

I like many watched the banished thread with admiration for Ard and his quest for perfection, forward to this event, like it or not they stuffed up. Yes people will say it's just a game enjoy, but let's put that into perspective:
    Egg event, vendor for plat, early adopters lose, laters don't bother spending the plat as eggs easily loot able.

Antignome event, vendor for plat, early adopters lose, laters don't bother spending the plat as set easily lootable.

A pattern u say?

Well, plat spenders will u be early adopters next time?

Food for thought

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tetter For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

Sts I hope they come up with something else besides this , if they keep on doing this then you know what will happen . Poor players are going to be happy and agree it's good and rich players are going to be like well forget this I'm quitting . Sts gotta do something that is really difficult to get and dont make it easy after a few weeks. now I love there games and all but now idk I'm not feeling it .

Sent from my XT1528 using Tapatalk

You need to ask me to make your Recipes .

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    65 Posts

The problem is not only STS but also the players. If after the eggstravaganza event almost everyone is extremely happy, STS will do a similar thing again, and again, and again...

The problem is that there's a point where the game loses its meaning. If everyone has everything, that means everyone has nothing (at least nothing of value). Items lose value, and in my opinion, so does the game.

What many players are not realizing, is the direction all this is going. They might be all happy with all this great gear and eggs, but that is only because they were once rare and exclusive.

If STS wants to have a solid after game, they might wanna change directions. And as I know developers read these threads, I am very interested in hearing from them what they will do in the face of all this, as I still care about this game, and would like for it to continue to be great.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    177 Posts

Idk about you guys but ive never seen so many people on my frndlist, i think what they're trying to do is make everything accessible to everyone to please the bigger audience..

I do understand how people lost 30-80m on these sets,and it sucks alot.. But i think there wont be anything of absurd rarity in future.

Right now The only difference between a rich and normal player is vanity, which is good imo. All the major competitive mmo's use this strategy and are super successful.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts

Ya this event took a toll on the people like me who spent 8-10m for the armor and helm and now this comes, scared to even keep all my items cause no one knows whats next, maybe an immortal event where any mob kill spawns a creature and drops an immortal weapon, come on sts think smart on how much a downfall this game is taking, I'm sick of this, next time I spend a large amount of gold on an item and something like this comes out say goodbye to a good player, cause this is just getting out of hand now.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    459 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Iliketolol View Post
    Idk
    Right now The only difference between a rich and normal player is vanity, which is good imo. All the major competitive mmo's use this strategy and are super successful.

There are players who spent everything they achieved so far on the set parts and now are back to square one. They were better off now if they would have played another game and just came back for the event exploit. Don't you see a problem with that?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    177 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ardbeg View Post
    There are players who spent everything they achieved so far on the set parts and now are back to square one. They were better off now if they would have played another game and just came back for the event exploit. Don't you see a problem with that?
    Yep pretty huge problem, one of my closest frnd lost over 80m himself.. Its not the first time they have done this ardy, remember nekro recipe thing? Where you bought singe for 60?

But what can we do about it, sts always comes up stuff like this... Best we can do is hope it doesn't happens again which i dont think will happen again.

With the recent egg zavier and antignome event it is very clear that this game heading away from absurd rarity types of things..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts

Merching is already pretty much dead now. I m sure there were many ppl like me who played this game for the sole purpose of merching but it is meaningless now. 80% of the merchers suffered huge losses from the egg event, after all since the starting of al eggs have always been the best to merch but that is over now. And merching anything else is too risky now so merching is pretty much dead.
    Coming to the farmers, since the egg event ppl have been like : yes this is what we farmers wanted! And now sts is giving it to us so merchers shouldn't complain. Okay fine, so what do farmers want to farm now? And for what purpose honestly? Banished sets are already low af, everybody has nekro so what is the motive behind playing al anyway?
    I can only see these events as a stepping stone to something big and if it is not then god bless al..

And i completely agree with fight's suggestion of introducing lb vanities as a prize again. It will really help

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

28. The Following User Says Thank You to Universalpro For This Useful Post: