Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Regarding New Names

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    783 Posts

Talk about digging yourself a hole. Dig your way out of this one sts. I certainly wouldn't be happy if I had a old rare name that was taken from a errors of yours.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    177 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ssneakykills View Post
    Talk about digging yourself a hole. Dig your way out of this one sts. I certainly wouldn't be happy if I had a old rare name that was taken from a errors of yours.

They have already reverted the active igns that were out by mistake. If your in-use name was taken by mistake, you can email support with details and they will check the records and resolve the issue. My friend's problem was solved when sts reverted the name recently too.

Lets move on.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Zynzyn For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    250 Posts

Exclamation

I must be clear, all my names are safe. But if you find in game someone called hercules in the game, that is not me. Hercules is only my forum name, because my ING in game is other different name.

[Gamer 🎮] [Public Loudspeaker 📢] [Forum adept 🔧] [Economist 💰] [Positive user 💡] [Verified Profile ✔️]

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

I can change my name for keys? 🚬

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zozobanafea View Post
    I can change my name for keys? ��

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk
    No, u cant
    Keys are only use for opening Locked Crates

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by zozobanafea View Post
    i can change my name for keys? ��

sent from my galaxy nexus using tapatalk
    brilliant idea
    +999999999

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    549 Posts

I think the problem is not old names being reused. It is how this came about, i.e. the implementation. Once a few people figured out that all names were available, off they went to hoard them and then sell them. Perhaps IF STS decides to do this again, it can be a rolled release. Like on day one, names in inactive accounts from 500 days ago are released; on day 2, names from 499 days ago, ... This way most names are not avail, which would discourage the hoggers and sellers and give everyone a chance at a good find. On any one day, very fews names would be possible, which does not give a great return to the strict merchers.

Star light, star bright...

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Fyrce For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Soera i think in Ruizhe had the point in my topic ...its like vanity and if u are terrible at playin what for u need cool name ...ill stay out of this one from now on have my acc and who cares actually :/

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    75 Posts

my position is that this has triggered a few ppl to speak up for tos violators and those who abandoned the game long ago, neither of which cares or needs defending.
    current players who lost names have had them restored.
    i believe most of the responses have been out of jealousy because they didn't get a chance at a name they wanted.
    pretending to be outraged on behalf of "owners" of abandoned accounts, tos violations, and scamming is disingenuous and hypocritical.

i'm not saying sts did right or wrong, i'm only questioning the motives and sincerity of the complainers.

like i said in another post before they got scattered, before this no one cared about names other ppl have.
    now everyone cares about names other ppl have.

the classic car example posited by sneaky doesn't work at all.
    when you buy a car there is a transfer of ownership. it becomes yours to do with what you will.
    there is no transfer of ownership here.
    you can't borrow a car with the expectation of no one ever coming to get it, regardless of how much or little you use it.
    it will always belong to someone else.

Do everything you have said you will do.
    Do not encroach on the rights or property of others.
    Treat everyone as you wish to be treated.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    83 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Amicusdei View Post
    my position is that this has triggered a few ppl to speak up for tos violators and those who abandoned the game long ago, neither of which cares or needs defending.
    current players who lost names have had them restored.
    i believe most of the responses have been out of jealousy because they didn't get a chance at a name they wanted.
    pretending to be outraged on behalf of "owners" of abandoned accounts, tos violations, and scamming is disingenuous and hypocritical.

i'm not saying sts did right or wrong, i'm only questioning the motives and sincerity of the complainers.

like i said in another post before they got scattered, before this no one cared about names other ppl have.
    now everyone cares about names other ppl have.

the classic car example posited by sneaky doesn't work at all.
    when you buy a car there is a transfer of ownership. it becomes yours to do with what you will.
    there is no transfer of ownership here.
    you can't borrow a car with the expectation of no one ever coming to get it, regardless of how much or little you use it.
    it will always belong to someone else.
    -_-. I really don't feel like typing this all over but the reason you claim why majority are upset is just outright wrong.
    It has to do with people using Marcos taking advantage of a broken tos policy and making insane amounts of gold while some of us legit players have to earn our keep the honest way. If you don't understand that then your truly playing the devils advocate because either A-You yourself scored a bunch of names or B-you have nothing better to do.
    Like I said in a previous thread in response to your accusations, this has to do with the honest players getting screwed over while the cheater gets rewarded. And once again makes alot of people like myself question why they are playing by the rules farming for hours to earn chump change when we could be dirty and put in little to no effort and make 10fold as much. There is no rebuttle to that, the proof is in the pudding
    Sts claims its against terms of service but until I see proof of that the rule is nothing more then a false threat
    Last edited by Eagleye; 09-18-2016 at 04:23 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Wimpywizard View Post
    -_-. I really don't feel like typing this all over but the reason you claim why majority are upset is just outright wrong.
    It has to do with people using Marcos taking advantage of a broken tos policy and making insane amounts of gold while some of us legit players have to earn our keep the honest way. If you don't understand that then your truly playing the devils advocate because either A-You yourself scored a bunch of names or B-you have nothing better to do.
    Like I said in a previous thread in response to your accusations, this has to do with the honest players getting screwed over while the cheater gets rewarded. And once again makes alot of people like myself question why they are playing by the rules farming for hours to earn chump change when we could be dirty and put in little to no effort and make 10fold as much. There is no rebuttle to that, the proof is in the pudding
    Sts claims its against terms of service but until I see proof of that the rule is nothing more then a false threat
    If you want, there's a name contest in the contest section for those who did not get a cool name. I'm giving away 6 awesome names in that contest.
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    83 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    If you want, there's a name contest in the contest section for those who did not get a cool name. I'm giving away 6 awesome names in that contest.
    That's very generous of you to do but its just the principle that bugs me about this whole ordeal. When lists on chats groups are exceeding 10+ "desirable" names wheeling and dealing in the abyss we call the black market it just makes me question why is it against tos when clearly people are open endedly selling left and right making a killing with no reprocussions... I just don't get it I guess

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    75 Posts

If you didn't have something before, and now you still don't have that something, how did you get screwed?
    Sts unscrewed anyone that got screwed by restoring lost names to active players.

Why is it that when you voice an opinion, its legitimate, but when I do it I'm incorrect and have nothing better to do?
    The threads I've seen are full of jealousy over missing out, I even quoted one in a previous post.
    If my motives for posting can be questioned, can't theirs as well?

If you're not one of the people I'm talking about, then I'm not talking about you, am I?

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Amicusdei For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    37 Posts

Ppl r so funny lol. Like if the names sale started with this update only. I think 90% of plàyers who r active got a decent ign with this update i think is a nice thing idk why u always complain.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    83 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Amicusdei View Post
    If you didn't have something before, and now you still don't have that something, how did you get screwed?
    Sts unscrewed anyone that got screwed by restoring lost names to active players.

Why is it that when you voice an opinion, its legitimate, but when I do it I'm incorrect and have nothing better to do?
    The threads I've seen are full of jealousy over missing out, I even quoted one in a previous post.
    If my motives for posting can be questioned, can't theirs as well?

If you're not one of the people I'm talking about, then I'm not talking about you, am I?
    its the point that myself and many others choose to follow the rules and barely gain an inch opposed to the exploiters that knowingly break the rules and gain 10miles ddaily with little to no punishment . I really can't wrap my finger around why your defending people gaining mass wealth by breaking the tos...can you please explain that? Fair is fair is it not? So tell me what's fair about players sniping dozens of names at a time using 3rd party software only to turn around and sell them and make a profit? Does it not say that's against tos?
    And your right alot of people are jealous as they should be, they didn't break tos, they arnt openly selling names on line and other social media outlets ..so how is this fair to them? You question sincerity when there is nothing to be sincere about. Selling names is against the rules bottom line case closed. The tos are there for a reason are they not? You seem to not understand the frustration in legitimate players constantly fighting for scraps while the cheaters sit on their thrones throwing bread crumbs at our feet.

This is by far the largest surge of name selling ever. multiple players having dozens of "desirable" names once again knowingly breaking the rules making millions with no reprocussions.
    And just to be clear im content with all my names. Didn't even attempt to make new igns when I heard about this.. im just sick of people capitalizing on exploits and not having to face the reaper .The rules are there for a reason its about time sts starts enforcing some of them
    Last edited by Eagleye; 09-18-2016 at 05:53 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    75 Posts

I'm not defending anyone, except maybe sts for exercising their rights over their property.
    And I really don't disagree with you.
    I'm just not really bothered by this kind of thing.
    But I do enjoy pointing out the hypocrisy and flawed logic that we've seen over the last few days, not by you, but the ones who would gladly participate in the actions they are condemning at the moment, if only they'd gotten the chance.

I'm confident sts will find a solution and maybe punish some tos violators.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    79 Posts

People who missed the event: Cries because they see others earning gold and they did not

Hoarders: Some are actively selling names, some actively scamming, Some not happy they didnt hoard enough, Some too scared of snipers to do anything

STS: Thought everyone would be happy, old names released, they earn money from plat renames, we get nice names to go along with our farm and pvp

If only names are released in contest form like weekly raffles in game or on forum, the chaos would have been alleviated

But since the damage is already done, i think everyone should move on and be contented with what they have or ignore what others got, because you dont lose any gold nor plats nor items

The only problem here is jealousy.
    POTATO ISH ME

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Potato is me For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    83 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Potato is me View Post
    People who missed the event: Cries because they see others earning gold and they did not

Hoarders: Some are actively selling names, some actively scamming, Some not happy they didnt hoard enough, Some too scared of snipers to do anything

STS: Thought everyone would be happy, old names released, they earn money from plat renames, we get nice names to go along with our farm and pvp

If only names are released in contest form like weekly raffles in game or on forum, the chaos would have been alleviated

But since the damage is already done, i think everyone should move on and be contented with what they have or ignore what others got, because you dont lose any gold nor plats nor items

The only problem here is jealousy.
    Should people not be jealous that Tos violators have and will continue to take advantage of this flawed system making hella bank in the process...while the legitimates stand around questioning why they have been legit in the first place? The only problem here isn't jealously, its fairness.
    I really hope sts learns from this and crackdowns on the name trading. .as I've said mutpile times if they dont then they should really consider erraticating it from the Tos all together.
    Last edited by Eagleye; 09-18-2016 at 07:15 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    51 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    Do you have hades? I will join the contest if you did.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Horme View Post
    Do you have hades? I will join the contest if you did.
    No, I don't have Hades. I don't need to host the contest nor am I asking for anyone's participation. I don't gain anything out of it. If you don't want to participate, that's more than fine by me. Nobody is forcing you to.
    Last edited by Zeus; 09-18-2016 at 10:19 PM.
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

25. The Following User Says Thank You to Zeus For This Useful Post: