Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Regarding New Names

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    157 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Justg View Post
    we'll make sure they get their names back.
    How much time do you think it will take? ( I lost "fps" )

Ign : Derp - endgame main / Gouiwaa : will be a twink once twinking is back / Derpynuts : lvl1 , my troll account

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    44 Posts

Why is support so slow?:,

Odesláno z mého GT-I9505 pomocí Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    549 Posts

STS needs to be proactive in reverting names. Why do I have to spend my own time logging into my accounts today when I wont have time until AFTER the office closes??? ALL characters are ACTIVE. Some had their names takens MINITES after logging off. Names of ACTIVE players should be returned without having to ask! I have also posted about this problem in old chat groups because some people take breaks. I have taken breaks before for a few months, where I just log in one toon to check who is on. So is STS happy about creating a problem that can go on for a long time? At least revert old names of ACTIVE players. I have NEVER heard of active player names being "freed" up. Ever.

Star light, star bright...

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Fyrce For This Useful Post:

5.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #44
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,037 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Fyrce View Post
    STS needs to be proactive in reverting names. Why do I have to spend my own time logging into my accounts today when I wont have time until AFTER the office closes??? ALL characters are ACTIVE. Some had their names takens MINITES after logging off. Names of ACTIVE players should be returned without having to ask! I have also posted about this problem in old chat groups because some people take breaks. I have taken breaks before for a few months, where I just log in one toon to check who is on. So is STS happy about creating a problem that can go on for a long time? At least revert old names of ACTIVE players. I have NEVER heard of active player names being "freed" up. Ever.
    No need to log into accounts, early this morning we turned off the functionality that was mistakenly freeing up names that have been in use. Of course we are not happy about this, and we are working on fixing it asap.
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    157 Posts

Thank you for restoring my plat... Only tough.....
    Name:  Screenshot_2016-09-16-21-28-27.png
Views: 837
Size:  522.4 KB

Lol

Ign : Derp - endgame main / Gouiwaa : will be a twink once twinking is back / Derpynuts : lvl1 , my troll account

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    270 Posts

I lost name long time ago. What now ill lost it again?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

dunno bout u guys but i got many names lel

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Iockedcrate View Post
    dunno bout u guys but i got many names lel
    Gratz to you but nobody cares.
    What STS did was not right and i clearly disagree with releasing names who were already in use.
    Once a name is mine, it should be mine until the game is shut down.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    549 Posts

Sorry STS, but this was a ridiculous move. A few months ago, I logged into my old Maple Story account, which had been set to inactive since I had not logged on in about 3 years. It was still good. Before that, it had been inactive for 2 years and that time, also still good. It is super rare for an RPG gaming company to actively change people's names, much less the names of active people. As I said, some of my names were taken minutes after I logged off those characters. I am sorry for feeling and stating this, but this was a ridiculous event.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    178 Posts

Welp thought I would finally be able to get rid of all these OP R's lol. Guess it's still in use.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts

Sorry STS, but this was a ridiculous move. A few months ago, I logged into my old Maple Story account, which had been set to inactive since I had not logged on in about 3 years. It was still good. Before that, it had been inactive for 2 years and that time, also still good. It is super rare for an RPG gaming company to actively change people's names, much less the names of active people. As I said, some of my names were taken minutes after I logged off those characters. I am sorry for feeling and stating this, but this was a ridiculous event.
    IMO, they should've limited the number of new characters a person could make before the release of the names. We all know that the people that first found this out have a ton of great names, whilst the late arrivers get nothing. If this were going to be for everyone, it should've been limited.

Also, for the people that get 10+ good names, when would you ever use them? We know good and well that they will be sold, and most likely will have no consequence. Line is pretty busy, you know. And if you say that your'e going to use them on alts, when would you ever need 10 alts, unless you "farm"...

Just my 2 cents.
    Last edited by blazerdd; 09-16-2016 at 02:22 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by blazerdd View Post
    IMO, they should've limited the number of new characters a person could make before the release of the names. We all know that the people that first found this out have a ton of great names, whilst the late arrivers get nothing. If this were going to be for everyone, it should've been limited.

Also, for the people that get 10+ good names, when would you ever use them? We know good and well that they will be sold, and most likely will have no consequence. Line is pretty busy, you know. And if you say that your'e going to use them on alts, when would you ever need 10 alts, unless you "farm"...

Just my 2 cents.

Story tokens.
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    77 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by blazerdd View Post

Just my 2 cents.
    Totally agree. Just logging on now and already everything is gone. This was basically a jackpot for everyone who was able to be online when this was annouced and unfair to everyone who was busy. It angers me to see so many people running around with original names knowing that the only reason I don't have one is cuz I was working. Many people will hoard these names and never use them. Lucky for everyone who could log on then, unlucky for those who couldn't.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    145 Posts

Personally I have no problem with game names having an expiration date based on last activity, but they should be *advertised* as such. Please don't neglect to communicate these things with players!

Member Arlorian Realtors Association

16.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #55
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,037 Posts

UPDATE:

Any in-use names that were inadvertently released have now been return to their rightful owners. Sorry for the mess folks, it should be all straightened out. Have a great weekend!

- g
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Justg For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

when will we got our plat back?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    549 Posts

Um, last activity is 1 minute ago? Please don't talk about expiration dates unless you are talking about months!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    561 Posts

Um, last activity is 1 minute ago? Please don't talk about expiration dates unless you are talking about months!
    common fryce, it was a simple mistake. you know how sts works. (you have been playing for a long time) it happened that other names were included by accident.

I would be angry also, but devs will things right. they wont take a name that you got by force..unless you were banned lol.

i still remember the "Love" fiasco
    Last edited by octavos; 09-16-2016 at 04:14 PM.
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=54483&dateline=131136  6901
    PL-Ghosts | SL-DL-AL- Ghost | SL-DL-AL-Octavos

21. The Following User Says Thank You to octavos For This Useful Post:

22.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #59
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,037 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by octavos View Post
    common fryce, it was a simple mistake. you know how sts works. (you have been playing for a long time) it happened that other names were included by accident.
    I would be angry also, but devs will things right.
    Should be all good now, please check and let me know if not. Plat should have been refunded if you renamed one of the inadvertently released names.
    | | | |

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    561 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Justg View Post
    Should be all good now, please check and let me know if not. Plat should have been refunded if you renamed one of the inadvertently released names.
    im good bud, all ok with my account.
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=54483&dateline=131136  6901
    PL-Ghosts | SL-DL-AL- Ghost | SL-DL-AL-Octavos