Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Tradeable Rename Kits

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts

I swear since I mentioned this ages ago on forums people keep making threads on it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    56 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Probationer View Post
    I swear since I mentioned this ages ago on forums people keep making threads on it.
    Well doesn't it make you happy seeing that people support it then, Sam?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    79 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ardbeg View Post
    Name selling is a bannable offense. Why would sts implement a mechanism to support it suddenly? Because hoarders really really really wish it?
    Lol, sit down and really think for a moment, why is name trading a bannable offense? Sts doesnt just come up one fine day and decide no, trading of names should lead to ban

They are not kids who do things without reason, i thought u play this game long enough to know?

They ban people trading names because such activities lead to scam and thus chaos among the community.

By making tradable kits, Like (Name Kit: Ardbeg) scam will no longer arise, if you want to sell name, there will now be a legit way to do so.

Dont think of everyone as selfish people and you are the only saint, Altho tradable kits will benefit hoarders in the short term now but in the long term everyone will benefit

The only people crying now are those who missed or refuse to get some names during event and turned worst off because they never earn much gold. Or just want to hold on to the believe traditiinal way of farming should be the only avenue for gold.

If you can think of a better idea to solve scam, be my guest but doing nothing and letting this madness continue is avoiding the problem.

Scams here snipes there, bans here no bans there, all these have to stop. Think about it
    POTATO ISH ME

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    203 Posts

No name kit!

Why push and fight for this to go through? Cuz you or your guildy or many of your friends got many name to sell? Like the 1 word vanity names?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    459 Posts

Default Tradeable Rename Kits

Quote Originally Posted by Potato is me View Post
    Lol, sit down and really think for a moment, why is name trading a bannable offense? Sts doesnt just come up one fine day and decide no, trading of names should lead to ban

They are not kids who do things without reason, i thought u play this game long enough to know?

They ban people trading names because such activities lead to scam and thus chaos among the community.

By making tradable kits, Like (Name Kit: Ardbeg) scam will no longer arise, if you want to sell name, there will now be a legit way to do so.

Dont think of everyone as selfish people and you are the only saint, Altho tradable kits will benefit hoarders in the short term now but in the long term everyone will benefit

The only people crying now are those who missed or refuse to get some names during event and turned worst off because they never earn much gold. Or just want to hold on to the believe traditiinal way of farming should be the only avenue for gold.

If you can think of a better idea to solve scam, be my guest but doing nothing and letting this madness continue is avoiding the problem.

Scams here snipes there, bans here no bans there, all these have to stop. Think about it
    You can try to justify it as much as you want. This just unfairly distributes gold and gives the middlefinger to new players.
    There should not be a legit way to sell names, since it s against TOS in the first place. And like in the times of heavy plat farming, cheaters get a big advantage over honest players. There is no way you can spin this to me as a good thing, it is utterly selfish and unfair.
    Last edited by Ardbeg; 09-18-2016 at 11:40 PM.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Ardbeg For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

selling name is bannable offense ofc

this thread is about tradeable rename kits, kits which pays 30 plat just to rename your character. only that!
    not everyone can buy platinum. free offer sometimes not give platinum if we have done download that offer in the past.
    seem like too many negative thing come from this idea rather that positive thing.

yeah maybe i must find another way to get plat, maybe like open lock with key. ofc that will cost more gold. lol

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,353 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Potato is me View Post

The only way to prevent scams is to perma assign names to the email registered with the game. Once the account is registered "Avaree", any additional characters added would receive the main name with a number behind it, e.g. "Avaree2,"Avaree3" so on and so forth. This would free up any future issues with sniping softwares, also make tracking a scammer much easier, botting, & exploits. Yes some have multiple devices and can make multiple acounts, but still this could simplify any future issues.

Also name trading kits will still get scammed, look at the lunar/lep, blinky/blight, cryoworm 52/54, scams.......

Name trading kits only promote and allow profit off another exploitation of this game.

For those wanting a special name, remember its not the name who makes your character stand out, its the person behind the toon.
    Avy
    12-2012

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Default Character Renaming Kits

Hey folks!

I just have an idea about how if devs release "Character Renaming Kits" which is can be purchase by plats on store and ofcourse it tradeable, so for non-plat players would be able to buy it for some golds by trade or from auction house.

So once we use this kit, we can rename our IGN with our desired or unique name, and our previous name will be free to use by other players.

I think this will bring more fun into the game, this will be the chance to everyone to get their desired IGN, especially for non-plat users.

So what do you think guys? Feel free to comment and give feedback.

Sent from my S50F using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

+100 . Pls consider this. This is not to cause any abuse. We non play players also want to get good names..

Sent from my vivo V1Max using Tapatalk

11. The Following User Says Thank You to AsHwín MP For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    769 Posts

Ehh i see one flaw to this..

Scammers can make a lot of gold,
    then buy a bunch of rename kits,
    rename, and keep scamming

As awesome an idea as it sounds,
    there's always going to be someone to ruin the fun

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Schnitzel For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,353 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by EbenevTheMage View Post
    Hey folks!

I just have an idea about how if devs release "Character Renaming Kits" which is can be purchase by plats on store and ofcourse it tradeable, so for non-plat players would be able to buy it for some golds by trade or from auction house.

So once we use this kit, we can rename our IGN with our desired or unique name, and our previous name will be free to use by other players.

I think this will bring more fun into the game, this will be the chance to everyone to get their desired IGN, especially for non-plat users.

Another made a similar post..

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...le-Rename-Kits

name trading kits will still get scammed, look at the lunar/lep, blinky/blight, cryoworm 52/54, scams.......

Name trading kits only promote and allow profit off another exploitation of this game.

For those wanting a special name, remember its not the name who makes your character stand out, its the person behind the toon.
    Last edited by Avaree; 09-20-2016 at 03:47 AM.
    Avy
    12-2012

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Avaree For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

"For those wanting a special name, remember its not the name who makes your character stand out, its the person behind the toon."

wow, +100 for this.. #saynotobuyign

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Ravintov For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    53 Posts

Hey folks!

Name hoarder detected

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Well, i have another ideas to avoid scamming issues on the future :

Once you purchase & use the kit, u are not just able to rename ur IGN, but also u can store it to the kit, 1 kit = 1 IGN. So next time if u want to change it, u have to purchase new kit, put a new IGN, n replace the previous kit with the new one.

And u still can keep the firts kit which stored ur first IGN on ur inventory slot, or even u can sell or trade ur kit which contains ur first IGN via trade or auction.

I think this will good for AL economy since a poor player can create a unique IGN and sell for some good golds.
    So with this way, i think trading name will be safe, and reduce the scammer.

Once again, i still need ur comment, idea, n feedback.

Feel free to reply

-Ebenev

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    769 Posts

Once you purchase & use the kit, u are not just able to rename ur IGN, but also u can store it to the kit, 1 kit = 1 IGN. So next time if u want to change it, u have to purchase new kit, put a new IGN, n replace the previous kit with the new one.

And u still can keep the firts kit which stored ur first IGN on ur inventory slot, or even u can sell or trade ur kit which contains ur first IGN via trade or auction.

I think this will good for AL economy since a poor player can create a unique IGN and sell for some good golds.

Feel free to reply

-Ebenev

I dunno whether to point out the flaw(s) or not..
    Name hording leading to lack of available names
    Scammers can use the stolen money to buy new name kits, assuming having at least 2 character slots, can delete one character, use name kit for the new character, rinse and repeat

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,353 Posts

Feel free to reply

-Ebenev

Selling names is not allowed.
    Next your group of "let's make name trade tag kits" will want to re-write the terms of service.
    Avy
    12-2012

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    36 Posts

Why people getting energetic once they see word " ReName kit"

Just have a break n see half of them are asking for only plat paying kit "WHICH DON'T CONTAIN ANY NAME IN IT"

If we say Lock opening kit, does it means Kit with fixed sns? No its called keys which only pays plat fees....

Many are demanding only a kit by using which they can rename their toon with that new name which they have in mind...

And kit with stocked name is very bad idea... Cos rich march can stock all good names like stocked locks....
    So NO TO KITS WHICH STOCKS NAMES
    And YES FOR KITS WHICH ONLY PAYS RENAME 30 PLAT FEES

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    79 Posts

Default Trying again, name kits

Easy idea
    After renaming a char for 30 plats, they get the option to preserve their previous name in a chest for another 30 plats
    The chest will be shown as (Name Kit: (Previous IGN))
    Opening will delete your current ign and change it to the one in the chest

Problems
    Quote Originally Posted by Errorrz View Post
    -1 This idea will make who have 3/4 letter name will be rich . Why must sell name ? Want attention from ppl ? Name buff your stat ? Sell name is good way to gain more gold ? I dont see any online game allow selling name .
    1. Many people who hoarded names are already earning a lot of gold already anyways, and they might be richer without this chest, why? because they can scam names and reuse that same name to keep scamming people
    2. Name is just like vanity, vanity doesn't give stats, but they are the most expensive items in game.

Quote Originally Posted by Errorrz View Post
    Did u see any games allow selling name at their game ? Dont have gold now and that why u make this idea to give you gold because u have some name that you think nice name ? About scams , STS already tell us "SELLING NAME IS NOT ALLOWED" ingame . So you still want to break ToS ? You buy name from scammer and then you got scam , that your problem .
    Selling names is against the ToS because it makes people susceptible to scamming, with this kit, it will make name selling legit.

Not aiming at errorrz for this, just using his quotes because they cover majority of the more productive and legit points for arguments.

I would like to keep this thread clean, if you want to argue with it, be sure to provide a well thought out reasoning, we are civilised people, offensive words like "Stupid" and "idiot" only degrades the person using such words because it shows that he is out of reasons and can only resort to insults.
    POTATO ISH ME

24. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Potato is me For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    459 Posts

Default Trying again, name kits

This might be a wide stretch for you, but just try this thought experiment: Selling names is not only against TOS because of the risk of scamming, but also because of the unfairness involved. Of Course the devs have the last word on this and we both are speculating about the intention, but hey, they forbidd it, and you can get banned for it.
    The intended use for a name is imho: use it or release it! No matter how often you repeat your desire to sell your names without the risk of getting banned and how much you try to paint it as if only the possible scams were your concern. You asked to keep this thread clean, but you polluted it at start with your selfish wish to legalize the name exploit. The Hypocrisy level of this thread just went through the roof.
    Last edited by Ardbeg; 09-20-2016 at 07:23 PM. Reason: forgott an if

26. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ardbeg For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    146 Posts

What's up with the boom of "ideas" for name trading ? Especially AFTER the release of old name.
    I'm sure this is PURELY coincidental and have NOTHING AT ALL to do with making money from horded names.

Also, this is essentially promoting name selling and hoarding.

Not to mention, once this is available, it'd unlock a new form of name hoarding.
    For example, if i know people want "potato", and if they can't get it , they'd go for "potatoo" or "potatooo", or "xpotatox" or anything of that sort. So then i buy and reserved all of that, so i can sell these "second best" to them at a "cheaper price" if they aren't willing to pay the 10m for "potato".

I think this will just make the "lack of decent name" issue for new player worse

28. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to eugene9707 For This Useful Post: