Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Tradeable Rename Kits

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Default Tradeable Rename Kits

Don't you all think it would be cool if it is implemented?
    So that non-plat users can also change names..

Sent from my vivo V1Max using Tapatalk

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

This means you are involved in ign tradind/stocking anyways it may not happen because there will be a lot more scammers in arlor than ever.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    75 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ForgottenWarrior View Post
    This means you are involved in ign tradind/stocking anyways it may not happen because there will be a lot more scammers in arlor than ever.
    Quite an accusation.
    Its not possible that he got a cool name during the release and now would like to use it?
    Not everyone can or does buy platinum.

Do everything you have said you will do.
    Do not encroach on the rights or property of others.
    Treat everyone as you wish to be treated.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Look.. I don't have any cool names with me as u said. And not everyone can buy plats too. Ty

5. The Following User Says Thank You to AsHwín MP For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts

I swear since I mentioned this ages ago on forums people keep making threads on it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    56 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Probationer View Post
    I swear since I mentioned this ages ago on forums people keep making threads on it.
    Well doesn't it make you happy seeing that people support it then, Sam?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Bump...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

You can already rename using plat, he just wants it to be for non plat buyers too ._.
    Quote Originally Posted by AsHwín MP View Post
    Bump...

Please don't bump a post when it has been only 2 hours since it was last bumped.

Sent from my MediaPad 7 Youth 2 using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    36 Posts

A tradable rename kit which only pays rename 30 plat fees not the stocked name ..

Respect scroll kit indirectly pays 5plat fees for resetting skills .. They don't give a pre set of skills..u have to choose ur skills...it only pays plat fees.

Keys pays plat fees of opening locks...they don't provide you fixed sns or mm... They only pays plat fees...

Yesterday. I posted idea of rename kits and it was taken soooo wrong in a post...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by gunlet View Post
    A tradable rename kit which only pays rename 30 plat fees not the stocked name ..

Respect scroll kit indirectly pays 5plat fees for resetting skills .. They don't give a pre set of skills..u have to choose ur skills...it only pays plat fees.

Keys pays plat fees of opening locks...they don't provide you fixed sns or mm... They only pays plat fees...

Yesterday. I posted idea of rename kits and it was taken soooo wrong in a post...
    True , the plat users can buy them using plat and non users can buy them from them using gold

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    79 Posts

Default 3rd attempt: Solve name scam/ macro user problem

Hi sts, a handful of people and I had been trying to propose this idea for a long time now, and things about naming are getting a little out of hand.

The main problem now:

IT IS AGAINST THE TOS TO USE 3RD PARTY SOFTWARE BUT OFTEN IT IS HARD TO DETECT

I am referring to macro users sniping any names about to be changed within milliseconds...
    Right now, this is where STS will lose out their profit chance from plat renaming because macro users will create a new character and auto reserve those released names through sniping without having to spend plat while plat users who wants to change their reserved names get sniped and are unable to spend their plats on renaming even if they want to.

It would be awesome if you can detect these macro users and give them a perma ban on their ip address but the difficulty in detecting such activity is really high as you need a new level of programming to do so

The other problems are:

Name trading

Many people who reserve the name are there for the profits, though there are people who reserve the names for use, but there are also those who could care less about names but love gold.

SCAMS

This leads to scam cases around even until now although STS announce a ban on name traders.

People just want names and/or gold, and it is a good opportunity for both players and STS to benefit from this proposed solution

MAIN IDEA OF THIS THREAD:

Tradable Name Kits!

Yes, it is not a new idea at all, over the years of playing, i have seen people (I myself included) propose for this to be implemented
    It is a simple tool which will benefit the entire community, players and STS
    We can spend 30 plats on a rename, the previous ign will be turned into a name chest example: (Name Kit : Potato)
    which can be tradable and stashable
    By opening the chest on a character would instantly rename that character into "Potato" while their previous ign will be deleted.
    Therefore if they want to change from a nice name like "God" into "potato" they will spend another 30 plats to reserve "God" \
    Hence this will be a 60 plats transaction. Furthermore it solves the problem of scam cases and people using 3rd party software to exploit the game

I can't think of a better solution than this to solve the current situation, any inputs will be welcomed
    POTATO ISH ME

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Potato is me For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    36 Posts

-.-
    11 chars

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    541 Posts

You're a potato, I'm a potato, we're potatoes.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts

What about: let's be original and choose our names by ourselves so we all have our own unique names and don't care about the people who buy names because who cares because names doesn't make you stronger, so buy armor instead of names. #armorovernames

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    71 Posts

but why tradable???let me take a guess, you hv been hoarding lots of names there and you need to find a way to legalize name trading and get profit without risk being banned
    Last edited by dinzly; 09-18-2016 at 11:17 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    459 Posts

Name selling is a bannable offense. Why would sts implement a mechanism to support it suddenly? Because hoarders really really really wish it?

19. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Ardbeg For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    56 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ardbeg View Post
    Name selling is a bannable offense. Why would sts implement a mechanism to support it suddenly? Because hoarders really really really wish it?
    Well you are partly right Ardbeg and there are several more benefits of legalizing name trading.

First off, while hoarders would benefit monetarily from legalization, so will all the people interested in buying a name but instead in terms of increased satisfaction. So there's obviously a demand on both sides as we've seen the last couple of days. Second off, it should be in your interest too no matter if you're interested in trading names or not. This is due to company resources being spent on investigating scams, rolling back names, communicating the issue with the customer base, looking for a solution, trying to maintain reputation and so on. Ask yourself, when you support the development of the game by buying platinum, do you really want your money to go towards such activities? Or do you want your money to go towards new campaigns, new events and new content? Tradeable names do not only benefit the minority you are speaking of, it's a solution that benefits everyone.

EDIT: My theory is that, in early stages of the game, the developers didn't find this feature would add any value to the game experience and therefore didn't dedicate any resources to it. The simple solution was to prohibit it. With time names have become a sought after cosmetic phenomenon, just like vanities, but old development decisions have remained. This created a black market which today requires more attention and resources than actually developing a functional trade system for names.
    Last edited by Mouly; 09-18-2016 at 02:15 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    459 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mouly View Post
    Well you are partly right Ardbeg and there are several more benefits of legalizing name trading.

First off, while hoarders would benefit monetarily from legalization, so will all the people interested in buying a name but instead in terms of increased satisfaction. So there's obviously a demand on both sides as we've seen the last couple of days. Second off, it should be in your interest too no matter if you're interested in trading names or not. This is due to company resources being spent on investigating scams, rolling back names, communicating the issue with the customer base, looking for a solution, trying to maintain reputation and so on. Ask yourself, when you support the development of the game by buying platinum, do you really want your money to go towards such activities? Or do you want your money to go towards new campaigns, new events and new content? Tradeable names do not only benefit the minority you are speaking of, it's a solution that benefits everyone.

EDIT: My theory is that, in early stages of the game, the developers didn't find this feature would add any value to the game experience and therefore didn't dedicate any resources to it. The simple solution was to prohibit it. With time names have become a sought after cosmetic phenomenon, just like vanities, but old development decisions have remained. This created a black market which today requires more attention and resources than actually developing a functional trade system for names.
    Let the hoarders win, because it's too much hazzle to deal with them? What about the injustice, old players taking advantage over new players, just swallow that? What message is that sending out? Should we all stop running maps and just wait for glitches and exploits here and script bots? No thanks!

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ardbeg For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    36 Posts

Why people getting energetic once they see word " ReName kit"

Just have a break n see half of them are asking for only plat paying kit "WHICH DON'T CONTAIN ANY NAME IN IT"

If we say Lock opening kit, does it means Kit with fixed sns? No its called keys which only pays plat fees....

Many are demanding only a kit by using which they can rename their toon with that new name which they have in mind...

And kit with stocked name is very bad idea... Cos rich march can stock all good names like stocked locks....
    So NO TO KITS WHICH STOCKS NAMES
    And YES FOR KITS WHICH ONLY PAYS RENAME 30 PLAT FEES

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    149 Posts

The name kit will never happen too many ppl will exploit it.

25. The Following User Says Thank You to scarysmerf For This Useful Post: