Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Tradeable Rename Kits

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,462 Posts

I don't get y ppl get so worked up no matter which side of the fence theyre on.
    Anyway
    @ Potato - you can guess what sts thinks of an idea generally by how they react.
    Past few days there have been several variations of this idea of legitimizing name trades, couple things happen;
    1: thread disapears - surest sign of disapproval by sts
    2: thread lock - another "no"
    3: moved to suggestions - a kinder "no" (ignored)

Now see that one thread a guy suggests a hard core mode of play with no plat and 2 devs chimed in. That's how you know it's of interest.
    So you can guess what sts thinks of this by their silence. - imho

And to some of the responders to these ideas (not just here);
    Why presume people are just trying to do something wrong? Who is handing out these hall monitor jobs?
    Honestly a lot of times I see suggestion threads I just think some posters ( not directed at op) are just looking for someone to give them a pat on the back for an idea not take over the black market and kill puppies.

Some ppl just lost their damn minds lately

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

+100

for the one who have a brilliant idea, able to see things clearly, and try to find out the solutions for the problems.

two thumbs up or you Sir!

Sent from my S50F using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    79 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ardbeg View Post
    This might be a wide stretch for you, but just try this thought experiment: Selling names is not only against TOS because of the risk of scamming, but also because of the unfairness involved. Of Course the devs have the last word on this and we both are speculating about the intention, but hey, they forbidd it, and you can get banned for it.
    The intended use for a name is imho: use it or release it! No matter how often you repeat your desire to sell your names without the risk of getting banned and how much you try to paint it as if only the possible scams were your concern. You asked to keep this thread clean, but you polluted it at start with your selfish wish to legalize the name exploit. The Hypocrisy level of this thread just went through the roof.
    The fact is that selling name was not interfered by the dev before this event, they stated that you can sell or buy names but they will not entertain any scam reports pertaining it. Another fun fact for you, people who gets banned are only banned for a measly 3 days, so whats the use of the ban if after 3 days, scammers get back to scamming, legit sellers get on with their activities?

You are really honest, if everyone thinks like you, its perfect, use it or release it? doesn't happen in this community, its Use it or HOARD it.
    And to get things straight, I do not intend to sell any names, you are attacking me based on false assumptions.
    1. Name isn't an exploit if there isn't scamming involved
    2. People are selfish, thats a fact, if you aren't selfish yourself, you wouldn't be against this, why? because you hate the fact that people are earning gold in an "unfair" manner which levels them to the same playing field as you. And because people are selfish, they will not just release igns that they don't need
    3. Doing this is for the community, you are probably ignorant of certain things happening around like people using macro to snipe names.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    It's (Lag) occurring because many people are spamming macros on the new character screen attempting to take names.
    I recently got hold of some ss of people admitting and showing off that they are using macro too
    By releasing name kits, macro will be rendered useless
    4. If you are unhappy about people getting rich from this, sts can set a price ceiling on the name kits, 1m is the max you can list for it on cs.
    5. This must be highlighted again and again : WITHOUT THIS KIT, NAME SELLERS WILL BE RICHER BECAUSE THEY CAN REUSE THEIR NAMES FOR SCAMS!
    - Let me give you an example if you can't comprehend this profound logic:
    I sell the name Ardbeg, without name kit, i show them Ardbeg in game, they believe that i have the name, the give 500 k for it, i take the money and i leave, i go to another person and do the same thing, i get 1 m and i still have the name

With name kit, i sell ardbeg for 500k, they take the kit, i take the money, good deal, i earn 500k, i don't have ardbeg anymore, make sense?
    Last edited by Potato is me; 09-20-2016 at 08:23 PM.
    POTATO ISH ME

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Potato is me For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Potato is me View Post
    The fact is that selling name was not interfered by the dev before this event, they stated that you can sell or buy names but they will not entertain any scam reports pertaining it. Another fun fact for you, people who gets banned are only banned for a measly 3 days, so whats the use of the ban if after 3 days, scammers get back to scamming, legit sellers get on with their activities?

You are really honest, if everyone thinks like you, its perfect, use it or release it? doesn't happen in this community, its Use it or HOARD it.
    And to get things straight, I do not intend to sell any names, you are attacking me based on false assumptions.
    2. People are selfish, thats a fact, if you aren't selfish yourself, you wouldn't be against this, why? because you hate the fact that people are earning gold in an "unfair" manner which levels them to the same playing field as you. And because people are selfish, they will not just release igns that they don't need
    3. Doing this is for the community, you are probably ignorant of certain things happening around like people using macro to snipe names.

I recently got hold of some ss of people admitting and showing off that they are using macro too
    4. If you are unhappy about people getting rich from this, sts can set a price ceiling on the name kits, 1m is the max you can list for it on cs.
    5. This must be highlighted again and again : WITHOUT THIS KIT, NAME SELLERS WILL BE RICHER BECAUSE THEY CAN REUSE THEIR NAMES FOR SCAMS!
    I sell the name Ardbeg, without name kit, i show them Ardbeg in game, they believe that i have the name, the give 500 k for it, i take the money and i leave, i go to another person and do the same thing, i get 1 m and i still have the name

With name kit, i sell ardbeg for 500k, they take the kit, i take the money, good deal, i earn 500k, i don't have ardbeg anymore, make sense?
    I have a video of it but the last thing I want to do is post it and then people accuse me of doing it, because I do not. I just want it to be fixed. The fact is that spamming that screen in that way is causing unnecessary stress on servers. It's more accounts on at any given time and it's more direct requests to the server.

What most people do is use multiple chrome windows and then spam the macro on it. However, there's an easy fix to it that does not involve rename kits. What developers can do is change the way the rename function works. Thus, if the rename fails, one should be forced to enter in another name. It should not allow you to try the same name again (which is what leads to the spamming).
    Last edited by Zeus; 09-20-2016 at 08:29 PM.
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Zeus For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    79 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Suentous PO View Post
    I don't get y ppl get so worked up no matter which side of the fence theyre on.
    Anyway
    @ Potato - you can guess what sts thinks of an idea generally by how they react.
    Past few days there have been several variations of this idea of legitimizing name trades, couple things happen;
    1: thread disapears - surest sign of disapproval by sts
    2: thread lock - another "no"
    3: moved to suggestions - a kinder "no" (ignored)

Now see that one thread a guy suggests a hard core mode of play with no plat and 2 devs chimed in. That's how you know it's of interest.
    So you can guess what sts thinks of this by their silence. - imho

And to some of the responders to these ideas (not just here);
    Why presume people are just trying to do something wrong? Who is handing out these hall monitor jobs?
    Honestly a lot of times I see suggestion threads I just think some posters ( not directed at op) are just looking for someone to give them a pat on the back for an idea not take over the black market and kill puppies.

Some ppl just lost their damn minds lately

its simple, people who get nice names wish to makes something out of it, people who missed the event or didn't find the event useful at all rage because they can't earn gold or feel disadvantaged because they underestimated the power of vanity which is actually the main crux of every rpg games : To look good

Yes, actually many players, me included have been trying to request for this a long time now, even before the event, hoping each time that our post can convince the dev.

It might be a foolish attempt to some people, but at least we tried.

It is ok if they responded with their own reasoning and point of view like ardbeg did, but yea it gets annoying when they start making false assumptions, it can't be helped tho because most people, myself included, will get overwhelmed with emotions when fighting for something we believe in
    POTATO ISH ME

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    79 Posts

I have a video of it but the last thing I want to do is post it and then people accuse me of doing it, because I do not. I just want it to be fixed. The fact is that spamming that screen in that way is causing unnecessary stress on servers. It's more accounts on at any given time and it's more direct requests to the server.

What most people do is use multiple chrome windows and then spam the macro on it. However, there's an easy fix to it that does not involve rename kits. What developers can do is change the way the rename function works. Thus, if the rename fails, one should be forced to enter in another name. It should not allow you to try the same name again (which is what leads to the spamming).
    Thanks for the input! yes the biggest problem over here is usage of macro because it not only leads to people getting robbed of their names and also a huge lag in server, there is a video about zephy playing as mage, and we can see that one moment he is safely behind a wall the next moment he teleports into the clash zone and is dead. Mind you, his connection seems to be top performing from most of the videos i watched. I have encountered such lags too on some occasions and tho it might not matter much in pve, but one player's death can be a game changer to the entire team in pve
    POTATO ISH ME

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

its simple, people who get nice names wish to makes something out of it, people who missed the event or didn't find the event useful at all rage because they can't earn gold or feel disadvantaged because they underestimated the power of vanity which is actually the main crux of every rpg games : To look good

Yes, actually many players, me included have been trying to request for this a long time now, even before the event, hoping each time that our post can convince the dev.

It might be a foolish attempt to some people, but at least we tried.

It is ok if they responded with their own reasoning and point of view like ardbeg did, but yea it gets annoying when they start making false assumptions, it can't be helped tho because most people, myself included, will get overwhelmed with emotions when fighting for something we believe in
    Here's the link...and it's so simple to get one of these too. You do not need to have any technical knowledge. Even if an honest player gets a good name, they will lose it to a person who is doing this. This has actually happened in the past before too but now it's being done on a much larger scale.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=luLBRvUwezA
    Last edited by Zeus; 09-20-2016 at 08:39 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    478 Posts

STS should never aim to monetize name trading. It has been an illegal activity from the start and should remain that way. Whatever they did to release all those names they already said it was a mistake. Stop looking for ways to capitalize on something that was not intended. All name trading activity should be stamped out period, not encouraged with this name kits suggestion.
    Why do we fall? So that we can rise again.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Safiras View Post
    STS should never aim to monetize name trading. It has been an illegal activity from the start and should remain that way. Whatever they did to release all those names they already said it was a mistake. Stop looking for ways to capitalize on something that was not intended. All name trading activity should be stamped out period, not encouraged with this name kits suggestion.
    I do agree that there should not be name kits, but look at my video and then fathom how much stress this would put on the server if hundreds of players were doing this. And yes, this isn't something that's uncommon but actually something many players are doing.

Perhaps, STG can change the way the character creation screen works. Because currently, it is very macro friendly. AGAIN, this is just a demonstration and I do NOT do this. I am just clarifying with video because many do not seem to understand what is happening.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,462 Posts

Another way to look at it as opposed to "looking for a way to capitalize" might be that some of these ideas are trying to either cripple the black market of names, or that someone might want to eliminate macro jerks who cause lag.
    More than one way to think of it.

Edit- Parth ninjad, ima get off the forums, he's prolly on the same page as me

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Suentous PO View Post
    Another way to look at it as opposed to "looking for a way to capitalize" might be that some of these ideas are trying to either cripple the black market of names, or that someone might want to eliminate macro jerks who cause lag.
    More than one way to think of it.
    Yes, agreed. I do not think he's trying to capitalize. Therefore, I think my suggestion works out a bit more for everyone.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,353 Posts

+1m im out of thanks,

We all do know why this group of players want names availible for trade.
    Too capitalize off an explotatation never intended to be exploited. Devs already expressed that name trading was against tos, so why push the issue????
    Avy
    12-2012

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Avaree View Post
    +1m im out of thanks,

We all do know why this group of players want names availible for trade.
    Too capitalize off an explotatation never intended to be exploited. Devs already expressed that name trading eas against tos, so why push the issue????
    Please look at my link - it's causing lag in game. I do not want name kits because of reasons you stated but I do want a fix for what my video is demonstrating. Ever since the name event weekend, this lag has been present and has been substantial. I also know that it is not my connection that is causing this lag.

I think it will be a more pragmatic solution for everybody and should be something nobody has a problem with unless, of course, they do what my video is describing.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    459 Posts

Default Trying again, name kits

It is a matter of scale. Name trades happened before, but not in this dimensions. And it is up to sts to decide the countermeasures.

1) hoarding names to sell is an exploit. There were bans before, it all depended on the level of exploit.
    2) This might explode your brain: Everyone likes to progress, but not everyone sinks to the lowest level to do so. After all, this game needs new players filling all tiers in the chain to stay healthy. Allowing exploiters to get rich on newer players is a no go imho.
    My playing field here, since you mentioned it, is to play with friends, no more, no less, i don't care for pvp or lb and i have nothing to prove. I assure you, i don't have a problem to compete, but sts establishes a stopp sign for new players if they let this slip.
    3) I work in the software business and i am aware. Is your best argument really, if you don't abuse the system it will be abused more professionally? How about, everyone who abuses it, faces the consequences?
    4) Sts can also just lock all advertised names and give them away in a lottery instead of making exploiters rich, up to sts.
    5) Not after the first scam attempt. The name would already have been banned, and thats what all these threads try to avoid imho.

On an unrelated note, my name is priceless.
    Last edited by Ardbeg; 09-20-2016 at 08:55 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    79 Posts

If not for macro and scamming, i wouldn't put so much effort in posting all these threads, if you are not within a private community outside this forum, you might not know that name trading is actually flourishing right now, more people than you can imagine are doing it
    POTATO ISH ME

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

If not for macro and scamming, i wouldn't put so much effort in posting all these threads, if you are not within a private community outside this forum, you might not know that name trading is actually flourishing right now, more people than you can imagine are doing it
    What do you think of my suggestion? I think people would agree with it more than kits. Your suggestion is awesome, but highly controversial. It is essentially the same argument people make with drugs: "You can't stop it from happening, so legalize it!". I like it, but I also see the downfalls: rewarding hoarders. And, I say this while holding a few names (which I plan to give way in name contest).
    Last edited by Zeus; 09-20-2016 at 09:02 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    478 Posts

The point I am trying to make is: if something is illegal, please don't think of ways to circumvent the illegality of the issue by making things easier for those who are doing it. I am well aware of a very lucrative and active black market for name trading that exists outside the domain of the game. However, people are also aware of prostitution rings that exist in our society in real life. Does that mean we should give people free passes so that we can all visit the prostitute legally? Illegal is illegal. Starting off by saying we should legalize a black market activity is going down a slippery slope.
    Why do we fall? So that we can rise again.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Safiras For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,353 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ardbeg View Post
    It is a matter of scale. Name trades happened before, but not in this dimensions. And it is up to sts to decide the countermeasures.

1) hoarding names to sell is an exploit. There were bans before, it all depended on the level of exploit.
    2) This might explode your brain: Everyone likes to progress, but not everyone sinks to the lowest level to do so. After all, this game needs new players filling all tiers in the chain to stay healthy. Allowing exploiters to get rich on newer players is a no go imho.
    My playing field here, since you mentioned it, is to play with friends, no more, no less, i don't care for pvp or lb and i have nothing to prove. I assure you, i don't have a problem to compete, but sts establishes a stopp sign for new players if they let this slip.
    3) I work in the software business and i am aware. Is your best argument really, if you don't abuse the system it will be abused more professionally? How about, everyone who abuses it, faces the consequences?
    4) Sts can also just lock all advertised names and give them away in a lottery instead of making exploiters rich, up to sts.
    5) Not after the first scam attempt. The name would already have been banned, and thats what all these threads try to avoid imho.

On an unrelated note, my name is priceless.
    #4 would be fun, ++++++ on all other points above
    Avy
    12-2012

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    459 Posts

Please look at my link - it's causing lag in game. I do not want name kits because of reasons you stated but I do want a fix for what my video is demonstrating. Ever since the name event weekend, this lag has been present and has been substantial. I also know that it is not my connection that is causing this lag.

I think it will be a more pragmatic solution for everybody and should be something nobody has a problem with unless, of course, they do what my video is describing.
    Legalize the abuse and punish honest players? And why should people stop fishing with macros for names after selling is legal? You know the real fishing wave would just start...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,462 Posts

What do you think of my suggestion? I think people would agree with it more than kits. Your suggestion is awesome, but highly controversial. It is essentially the same argument people make with drugs: "You can't stop it from happening, so legalize it!".
    Ugh, I was trying to leave & you drop that when I could destroy anti-legalizers arguments while high! XD

Anyway, one thing some people might not realize while disapproving is that the black market is essentially untouchable, sad fact. Sts can't control or verify kik, line, fb, or any other. So you can't sent screen shots and get the bad guy. Info can be faked easily. It doesn't stop a problem if your opinion is shooting down ops idea ends any of the problems.

That said I think the idea of the character generation need to be tweaked is vital.
    That seems to be the most simple and effective thing that needs to happen. The ping and dc lately are terrible and I've always had a good connect,
    until the name drama.....
    Last edited by Suentous PO; 09-20-2016 at 09:11 PM.