Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Expansion Preview: Arlorian Twilight

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

I hope sts give pets new attacks at lvl 60...@.@

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Sweetsatured For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Sweetsatured View Post
    I hope sts give pets new attacks at lvl 60...@.@
    +1 to this. Last skill upgrade for pets is at level 40 was it?

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Chuuwee For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    145 Posts

I'm deeply impressed by the rich experience proposed in this expansion. What I love is that this is definitively NOT the same-old boring three map 'plop' we were kinda all anticipating.

Random elements so the maps aren't always the same? Awesome.

Clear and extensive progression, both character and item? Check!

Factions? Can't help but be excited about this one. I'm already torn about which to choose; it's not an obvious decision!

You've recaptured my attention, I'll be watching more closely from now on.

Edit:

If we must have sets (meh) then I request that they be made practically attainable by middle class players and that they allow more choice/variety. I don't consider the usual itemization scheme to have sufficient choice/variety.

I think it would be a big mistake to repeat the antignome/banished scheme, especially the nearly impossible odds. That would guarantee a near-zero participation rate from a large chunk of the players base.

Farming/grinding isn't truly fun or truly entertaining, it's hard work. A game that makes you work too much (or pay too much) isn't going to be successful in the long run. All players WILL eventually get fatigued and consciously or subconsciously associate fatigue with the game. All three sets together (plus events and other activities) have put the game deep into dangerous 'fatigue' territory.
    Last edited by Niixed; 09-22-2016 at 11:00 PM.

Member Arlorian Realtors Association

6. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Niixed For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    28 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Niixed View Post
    I'm deeply impressed by the rich experience proposed in this expansion. What I love is that this is definitively NOT the same-old boring three map 'plop' we were kinda all anticipating.

Random elements so the maps aren't always the same? Awesome.

Clear and extensive progression, both character and item? Check!

Factions? Can't help but be excited about this one. I'm already torn about which to choose; it's not an obvious decision!

You've recaptured my attention, I'll be watching more closely from now on.

Edit:

If we must have sets (meh) then I request that they be made practically attainable by middle class players and that they allow more choice/variety. I don't consider the usual itemization scheme to have sufficient choice/variety.

I think it would be a big mistake to repeat the antignome/banished scheme, especially the nearly impossible odds. That would guarantee a near-zero participation rate from a large chunk of the players base.

Farming/grinding isn't truly fun or truly entertaining, it's hard work. A game that makes you work too much (or pay too much) isn't going to be successful in the long run. All players WILL eventually get fatigued and consciously or subconsciously associate fatigue with the game. All three sets together (plus events and other activities) have put the game deep into dangerous 'fatigue' territory.
    100000000+++ agree

Sent from my Lenovo A1900 using Tapatalk
    Xurux ~ Ommron ~ Cryom

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts

Lv61 my pet will eat 10k in 10minutes.. omgggggggggg

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Yes For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts

You make some great points but I also tend to disagree with some.

- Things were practically given free to people this season, Eggs, Anti sets..

- You mention stuff being available for middle class players and not wanting to farm hard. I love farming hard, grinding and learning as I play along. Spending countless of hours with good company too.

- The only fatiguing thing I can see, is that pay to play players were seriously robbed this year. Imagine those people who payed 20-30m+ for anti set stuff, spending plat popping lockeds for Arcane eggs or whatever else, only for all these items to be handed out on a freebie bases. Jewel elixirs is another, which was a plat buy option, practically given to people from elite gold runners chests. (crashing the jewel market in the process)

- Trust me there is plenty of choice/variety at the moment. Glintset, Anti pieces mixed with banished pieces mixed with speed set.. The banished helm and armor is great even outside of underhul maps.(and not that hard to obtain given some farming and grinding) problem is its come a lil late, almost end of season) only a select few people have this fortune currently. Iv seen people use multiple set-setups in maps with great effect.

- Sts scaled all the maps, so they're not that hard to run anymore. The C.S has plenty of Banished items there. Almost everybody who ran the anti-gnome thief event, is practically on the banished quest now.

- One mistake I can see, is that Sts released such hard elite maps in Underhul at the time, that it was almost impossible for most people to run. That was the time when Underhul had almost zero participation. Unless you constantly had a decent team to run and share deaths with us.

- Another issues is Sts suddenly changing the game content or scaling maps, 3/4 through the season, effectively killing a lot of peoples hard work on the LB and timed runs. (housing buffs, weapon enhancements, scaling, stacking speed enhancements with speed set)

Lets hope next season is legit and not constant chopping and changing

Peace out.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    589 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Serancha View Post
    Haha it made me think we were having a vampire expansion
    The bling vampire reference aside, isn't the word twilight sometimes used to signify the waning, the decline, the last days of an age/civilization?

That aside, and bearing in mind that what we've gotten here is more generalized previews and a generous dose of shifty eyes, and that until the expansion actually rolls out we cannot judge how easy or hard it is to unlock stages and progress through the ranks, these are some of my questions and concerns regarding the expansion:

Is the stage unlocks individual, collective or simply determined by STS? I mean does every player have to reach a certain level in terms of content participation to get to the next stage and unless they do so they cannot enter even though others may already have unlocked the next stage for themselves? Kind of like when you enter event map at bronze tier you're doomed to low level bosses even though others on map are gold tier. A collective unveiling on the other hand opens the next stage after a progress bar is full, even though not every end game player participates in the content, allowing late starters to join players with higher scores/points/ranks? Of course these are all moot point if the stages unveil at STS preplanned schedule.

Another concern is that in the last expansion a huge chunk of end game players I know leveled up slowly (yes, I know its 10 levels vs 5 in the next) which means that it may take many many weeks to get a lot of people to the same rank or whatever to explore the harder dungeons together. So are these going to be soloable if we need to because we can't find party for it or noone else joins?

On a side note, it will be interesting to see if this week's update will pad out the endgame spectrum of the population compared to the tiny percentage shown in the chart posted some weeks ago.

I saw Vroom mentioning that there will be some mechanism to make it mandatory to have both Templar and Apostle on map to complete quests. Again, my concern is how restrictive this might be, especially for people who play for limited time every day, can't find people to play in their time zone, etc. I usually can PUG maps when I can't find anyone to run with, so I'm wondering how feasible this will be especially with the harder dungeons/quests that require both Templar and Apostle? Will faction switching be possible? My concern is based on how even with the introduction of tri-force pets I never see them in use for their combos when I run with random players. And that's with pets, which you can switch in site. However more difficult it may prove to be when this mandatory combo involves players.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by VROOMIGoRealFast View Post
    Bonuses from Antignome and Banished Power will not apply in Somberholt or its dungeons.

BUT!

Unique expansion content specifically relating to the Antignome and Banished Power sets will be released some time after the Somberholt expansion has gone live!
    Seriously? So... whats the point of working towards getting any set in Arcane Legends? People that bought antignome set, and the people that work towards Banished set got shafted! Regular non set lvl cap items are a better option than any item set in a game, as their perks don't depend on the map! Why won't you guys make item set system like in Pocket Legends, where perks apply game wide? It looks like another expansion and quests that can be completely ignored!!!

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Angrytyrant For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Bring back the old full stats of Dragonstone ring please. Lvl 56 legendary ring might have a good damage but I would think the Arcane ring with full old stats helps us better.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Can't wait to see the full expansion, when when when is " soon"

Sent from my XT1526 using Tapatalk
    Alfabeast

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    71 Posts

new expansion new types of locked crates??

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Don't mean to be mean here, but are they upgrading their server hardware for this? I think i speak for almost everyone when i say they better be, it's laggy enough as-is.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

When is this expansion if any1 knows please tell

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Omg tastes AMAZING!!! Best cook y'all made yet!😁

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    103 Posts

When will y'all release the expansion?

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

This... looks... awesome...

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Im guessing it will be a week or two before they release it; just a guess.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Wow i want it

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Looks awesome. When will we find out about the new loot coming? Will lol 61 gear come quickly or slowly after release?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    350 Posts

In another game I play there are Syndicates/factions, u choose where to participate by wearing a faction sigil and u can do specific quests, alert runs or normal missions to gain standing. There is a ranking and for the standing points u can buy faction specific stuff, like a weapon that has a new proc or a vanity or modules to enhance ur stats. There is an allied faction, a neutral faction and an opposed faction by whose Death squads u can be hunted in ur missions.
    Curious to see what STS has planned for us!

26. The Following User Says Thank You to Faliziaga For This Useful Post: