Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Should we be expecting rogue legends to return anytime soon?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    195 Posts

Default Should we be expecting rogue legends to return anytime soon?

With the way the developers are allowing mage (now rogues with shields) stats to scale per cap and warriors to become more like rogues with juggernaut, I think it would be nice if the rogue community was informed whether or not "rogue legends" will return anytime soon or we should all just go and make warriors and mages.

It would be really nice for the developers to put this straight for us because I (and probably many others) don't feel like wasting much more money and life energy on a permanently semi-useless pvp class.

Tell it to me it straight doc, should I make a warrior or mage? Or is the rogue class going to receive any surgery anytime soon?

All those currently enjoying 'warriorandmagevp' can keep their "cry" in their pockets because I'm literally asking the developers if It makes sense to join you at this time.

#endgamepvp
    Last edited by Perceval; 09-19-2016 at 05:35 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Well, a Rogue pvping at 56 is very different than 12-16. At 56 a one shot should take out an unshielded mage. At 12-16........ Its just not the same. There is an unbalance....probably why Zeus went Mage
    Respect Is Earned, Money isn't

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts

Should we be expecting another week of people complaining?

Why don't you learn to play instead of playing another class? All these people who don't learn a class they just listen to everyone else and copy....warriors have always been strong and so have mages, but it required them to switch skills.

Why don't you use your own brain and decide if you want to make a Mage or warrior? Let me blow your mind...make both!

If your wasting your life then don't play, simple.

P.s I'm sick and tired of people who have no initiative, what makes other people's opinion better then your own?

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Probationer For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    195 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Probationer View Post
    Should we be expecting another week of people complaining?

Why don't you learn to play instead of playing another class? All these people who don't learn a class they just listen to everyone else and copy....warriors have always been strong and so have mages, but it required them to switch skills.

Why don't you use your own brain and decide if you want to make a Mage or warrior? Let me blow your mind...make both!

If your wasting your life then don't play, simple.

P.s I'm sick and tired of people who have no initiative, what makes other people's opinion better then your own?
    Record yourself in PvP with 3 rogues on your side vs 1 tank and 3 mages on the other side and win. Post it here. Then I'll consider your comment.

You saw the data Justg released right? There's almost 2x as more mages than rogues at endgame. Seems like many players took the 'initiative'.

Pvp used to be called 'rogue legends'. I'm sure you can do the math.
    Last edited by Perceval; 09-19-2016 at 05:47 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Perceval View Post
    Record yourself in PvP with 3 rogues on your side vs 1 tank and 3 mages on the other side and win. Post it here. Then I'll consider your comment.

You saw the data Justg released right? There's almost 2x as more mages than rogues at endgame. Seems like many players took the 'initiative'.

Pvp used to be called 'rogue legends'. I'm sure you can do the math.
    Then you proven my point, you saw the data and now are following everyone else.
    Behavioural economists refer to that as 'herding behaviour' and i can do the math, but I'm too tired lol

Btw mages are more fun but warriors being tanky and jug makes em fun too as you can survive 5v1s with perfect timing n stuff lol.

I'd suggest making both but levelling will kill you XD, tbf I never liked rogue myself seems so boring and just requires spamming packs n charged/pierce combo in pvp...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    541 Posts

OP knows that rogues are essentially useless in a PVP setting currently, just wants to know if we should expect some change anytime soon that'll help us get some usefulness back is all.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    195 Posts

Then you proven my point, you saw the data and now are following everyone else.
    Behavioural economists refer to that as 'herding behaviour' and i can do the math, but I'm too tired lol

Btw mages are more fun but warriors being tanky and jug makes em fun too as you can survive 5v1s with perfect timing n stuff lol.

I'd suggest making both but levelling will kill you XD, tbf I never liked rogue myself seems so boring and just requires spamming packs n charged/pierce combo in pvp...
    Thanks for your input. I would just like the developers words on whether I should go ahead and make a mage or warrior or things are really going to change drastically for the rogue class. Levelling and gearing all 3 classes isn't ideal. I'm sure the developers aren't oblivious to the current state of pvp and the direction its heading with scaling of damage reduction etc. with the level cap increases. I just want the developers honest words on this.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Perceval View Post
    Thanks for your input. I would just like the developers words on whether I should go ahead and make a mage or warrior or things are really going to change drastically for the rogue class. Levelling and gearing all 3 classes isn't ideal. I'm sure the developers aren't oblivious to the current state of pvp and the direction its heading with scaling of damage reduction etc. with the level cap increases. I just want the developers honest words on this.
    Buy cheap pet...Grimm is best and slot in nekro AA...if you can...you can always sell nekro and good for all classes.
    Planar pendent good for all classes and arcane ring.

^saves you a bit of gold lol

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    195 Posts

Buy cheap pet...Grimm is best and slot in nekro AA...if you can...you can always sell nekro and good for all classes.
    Planar pendent good for all classes and arcane ring.

^saves you a bit of gold lol
    Thanks for the money saving advice but its still not ideal.

Waiting on "O wise developers" to finally tell us the future of arcane legends rogues is bleak and we should all be warriors or mages if we want to PvP without sweating hardcore.

Also waiting on the 0.01% chance we are told the future of the rogue class is bright.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    195 Posts

Tell me what I need to know developers. I'm 100% sure you are aware of the current state of endgame pvp, your data shows a blatant truth. Just let me have your word that the rogue class won't get any better so I can make a mage or a warrior. I just need to know I'm not going to waste money and life energy if I do.

Some of us don't have all the time in the world to play AL. Some of us just pop in and enjoy what time we have in-game while still supporting by buying platinum. Some of us found it very tedious and strainous to get one class alone to endgame with the time on our hands.

Just be honest please, it would be very helpful. The current state of the rogue class in pvp is nothing less than unnecessarily tasking and playing this class is currently no where near enjoyable.
    Last edited by Perceval; 09-20-2016 at 01:13 AM.

12.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #11
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,037 Posts

We're not planning on making any changes to Rogues, but we are releasing an new expansion with new gear that may change the way things balance out.

I guess we'll see. Make your mage, or not, but please enjoy the game.

Very dramatic thread, closing it up.
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Justg For This Useful Post: