Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Become a 'Star Guard' and Earn a Highly Exclusive Star Guard Emblem

Tournament & Ladder Leader Silentarrow's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    66 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DJSKRILLEX View Post
    just saying its been almost a month and no new star gaurds...... just saying.

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...AoB-topic-also

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by StompArtist View Post
    Grats to all the Star Guards. Now give me your credits.
    AHAH ! You always make me laugh ! Aw, i'm your fan..

- Cat

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

halo semua...!! salam kenal buat penggemar SL....
    saya dari indonesia
    Last edited by ipoelji; 11-16-2011 at 04:31 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts

i nominate javier lol

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by XxReiReixX View Post
    i nominate javier lol
    He's definitely a worthy candidate! I've seen nothing but nice and helpful posts from him! He has my recommendation too!
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    161 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by XxReiReixX:487678
    i nominate javier lol
    Wow thanks Rei!

Quote Originally Posted by Apollo:487764

He's definitely a worthy candidate! I've seen nothing but nice and helpful posts from him! He has my recommendation too!

Thanks Apollo!

Quote Originally Posted by CappinClutch:462341
    Help people because you WANT to help people, not to be become a Star Guard...I see a lot of people being nice and helpful all of a sudden since an award has been attached to it...ulterior motives seem to have become the new motivation and it's kinda sad...what ever happened to good 'ol fashioned integrity...?

Well said bro! Help bc you want to, that's why PIF was made no? So us beta player can help out the newer players.
    Last edited by javier995; 11-21-2011 at 01:46 AM.
    http://i1204.photobucket.com/albums/bb418/javier995/132ba71b.jpg
    When the sky falls, when it crumbles,
    we will stand tall, and face it all together.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

In my opinion, in the past 2 months or so, Bodmaster is the only one the deserves the promotion in the next batch of SGs.
    Too many people acting like they are SG material.
    Anybody can sacrifice a queen. The real trick is getting away with it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    161 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ProSophist:488124
    In my opinion, in the past 2 months or so, Bodmaster is the only one the deserves the promotion in the next batch of SGs.
    Too many people acting like they are SG material.

Are you hinting that I'm "acting" like SG material? I agree that Bod deserves it, but he isn't the only one. I had nominated 2 players anonymously, so Bod isn't the only one.
    http://i1204.photobucket.com/albums/bb418/javier995/132ba71b.jpg
    When the sky falls, when it crumbles,
    we will stand tall, and face it all together.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    382 Posts

First of all, for all those people "applying" to become a sg/goa STOP. Get it into your heads that you dont apply to become one. This may sound harsh but do any of you actually read the post? Would explain why the people asking to become one arent.

Secondly, you cant judge a person for being nice just to be nice or if theyre being nice to become a sg. Please stop assuming things. If a reward is needed for someone to change from a not-so nice person to a nice person, why not let it? Be happy that they changed. IMO, let STS decide. All these nominations arent needed. (no offense to any of you, most of you probably actually do deserve it)

EDIT: I know im gonna get a lot of hate from this post but im really tired of seeing this system being abused. Im about to unsubscribe to these posts because of all the mail i get from people "asking" to become a goa...
    Last edited by Mothwing; 11-21-2011 at 08:40 PM.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Mothwing For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    88 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mothwing View Post
    First of all, for all those people "applying" to become a sg/goa STOP. Get it into your heads that you dont apply to become one. This may sound harsh but do any of you actually read the post? Would explain why the people asking to become one arent.

Secondly, you cant judge a person for being nice just to be nice or if theyre being nice to become a sg. Please stop assuming things. If a reward is needed for someone to change from a not-so nice person to a nice person, why not let it? Be happy that they changed. IMO, let STS decide. All these nominations arent needed. (no offense to any of you, most of you probably actually do deserve it)

EDIT: I know im gonna get a lot of hate from this post but im really tired of seeing this system being abused. Im about to unsubscribe to these posts because of all the mail i get from people "asking" to become a goa...
    Well said.

Here's something that's been bothering me. I've noticed SOME of the Star Guards hardly even play SL...if they even play at all anymore. It's cool that they did...whatever it was that they did to earn SG status...but something earned should also be something that can be taken away. It's just further proof that people do things for the reward, and once that reward is received, they stop being so helpful. Like it was a contest and they won the prize. If you're a Star Guard, SL should be your first priority. You were picked to help the community and be there to support the developers. You were NOT picked to flash your emblem around or play Pocket Legends all day. I'm pretty sure only one SG is also a GOA, in which case I feel that people shouldn't be picked for both games because that defeats the purpose. They've already been rewarded for helping and being a good person.

I've never really been a fan of the whole Star Guard program because I think it leads to nothing but white knight posting, wannabe mods, and posts littered with links to rules, STS emails, and "use the search function" posts. I'm guilty of the search function thing because sometimes it's just annoying or if the thread was made by an STS member in the past...but just answering someone's question ALONG with saying to use the search solves so many problems. I feel that rewarding people for being helpful for a few weeks and then allowing them to just fall off the map and do whatever defeats the purpose of the 'program.' If this is supposed to be a program where they are our 'role models' and are supposed to be helpful and caring people, why does this seem more like a "Medal of Honor" program. By that I mean, they're given a reward for going "Above and beyond the call of duty" and once recognized for it...back to regular soldier life they go. They don't get promoted to General. Back to the front lines they go with the rank of a normal soldier. I always thought the Star Guard program was more than that, but if that's all it really is, then count me out. I don't need a reward badge to know how to be helpful.
    Last edited by Kahlua; 11-22-2011 at 06:59 AM.
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=62120&dateline=131973  8744
    Kahlua/Knowledgebase - Star Legends Help

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kahlua For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    421 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mothwing View Post

No hate from me, why would you, for voicing your opinion. Which I do mostly agree on.

I do appreciate the support (alot ), though there is no need to nominate, im sure STS has their sights on the next batch of honourable members. By nominating members you may lessen their chance as STS may feel they where 'forced' into giving the SG status to that member. (Which would most likely not be the case as its totally STS decision)

With the constant posts re: "I helped someone today why aren't I an SG", "Hos do you become an SG". Its just the way some people are throughout any forum, people usually read the 'Topic' of the Thread skip the whole thing and type the first thing that comes to their head from the Title.

*Bold* Not needed, could have been worded a little better. Though I know you want to get how you feel across. Hearing the same requests throughout GoA and SG threads. You just want people to just get the whole idea, and what is needed to even get suggested for this statuses.

Quote Originally Posted by Kahlua View Post
    Here's something that's been bothering me. I've noticed SOME of the Star Guards hardly even play SL...if they even play at all anymore. It's cool that they did...whatever it was that they did to earn SG status...but something earned should also be something that can be taken away.
    *Please note, we reserve the right to remove the Star Guard status and emblem at our discretion if a player commits actions not in keeping with the spirit of the program or in contravention of our terms of use.
    As above it is possible, though Im not aware of any of these cases yet. STS also realise that RL needs to be considered as well, I know two I believe that are taking a break to get back on track with RL. And im sure they contacted STS to notify them.

I do see where you are coming from dont get me wrong, if you get SG then you wouldnt expect that player to spend most of there time in PL or PL Forum etc. Im not going to mention which ones, but they truly do deserve the SG title they dont act at all superior than any other member. And go above and beyond the word 'Helpful'.
    Last edited by BodMaster; 11-22-2011 at 07:30 AM.

Still trying to comprehend how 2k+ can die from Barrels O.o

14. The Following User Says Thank You to BodMaster For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Well said Kahlua. It irks me when those who have received GoA status either go inactive a few weeks later or stop helping.

Note: I'm not referring to those who had valid excuses, but to those who simply stopped playing because they achieved what they "wanted".

As for the double award, I think that an exception for Physiologic is well deserved. Granted, there is no need for having two, but that dude put his heart and soul into STS. He hasn't left because of his boredom, but because he works an extremely taxing job with long shifts.

A bit off topic, but...There is a reason why many don't wear their titles or shields in game anymore. The fact is, it changes you, intentionally or not. I had to take a good look at myself before I realized that. It's the reason why I and many others don't wear their statuses. I don't like the attention it gets me and how I'm judged on the forums for it. That's why I'm so pro towards abolishing both programs. The people who are true assets to the community will help anyway. After all, community service in real life doesn't get rewarded, so why should it in game?

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Zeus For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    88 Posts

Oh don't get me wrong, I'm in no way disrespting Physiologic. He's done so much for both games. I'm just speaking by principle for the future. Should really just be for 1 game so those picked can focus on that game and making it a better place. I have nothing but respect for people like yourself, Yanis, Physiologic, etc etc who do so much and expect nothing in return.

@Bod - thanks for pointing that out, I'll admit that I didn't read everything through before posting. I was speaking more on removing titles for inactivity. I'd expect them to remove the status if someone just started going off on people and was just being a rotten player. Then again, removing someone's status could also be viewed as unethical or something...which is why again; I think the program had good intentions but produces the wrong results.
    Last edited by Kahlua; 11-22-2011 at 11:22 AM.
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=62120&dateline=131973  8744
    Kahlua/Knowledgebase - Star Legends Help

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Oh don't get me wrong, I'm in no way disrespting Physiologic. He's done so much for both games. I'm just speaking by principle for the future. Should really just be for 1 game so those picked can focus on that game and making it a better place. I have nothing but respect for people like yourself, Yanis, Physiologic, etc etc who do so much and expect nothing in return.

@Bod - thanks for pointing that out, I'll admit that I didn't read everything through before posting. I was speaking more on removing titles for inactivity. I'd expect them to remove the status if someone just started going off on people and was just being a rotten player. Then again, removing someone's status could also be viewed as unethical or something...which is why again; I think the program had good intentions but produces the wrong results.
    Statuses were removed in the past, they just covered it up extremely well.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    168 Posts

idc really if the devs listen or not... i nominate Bod for being consistently kind and amazingly helpful.
    L15 Mage - Certificates. L12 Behr - Certificate. L15 Teamer Mage - Duuq

THE DUUQS WILL RULE.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    327 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ninjaduck View Post
    idc really if the devs listen or not... i nominate Bod for being consistently kind and amazingly helpful.
    Bod would be a fantastic sg!

Guardian of Alterra FluffNStuff's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    551 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Apollo View Post
    Statuses were removed in the past, they just covered it up extremely well.
    Never for inactivity, just for well, indiscretions.

The Hundred Acre Legends:
    HunnySniper - HunnyStorm
    Please Fill out the End Game Pet Survey!|||||| What's With that Shield Icon?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

No offense Kal, but it's that perception of what SG's/GoA's are supposed to be that bothers me and pushed me to removing the label. Some, not pointing at you, seem to think that the title turns you into an STS employee of some sort. This wasn't like the AoA which one applied for, but we were chosen. IMO, if any type of expected and required responsibility came with the title, we should have at least been asked whether we wanted the title beforehand. But we weren't. Therefore to me, that just makes us no different from any player with a title and a shield as a reward.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by FluffNStuff View Post
    Never for inactivity, just for well, indiscretions.
    Yeah, true. I was just making a point that they have been removed before.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Apollo View Post
    Well said Kahlua. It irks me when those who have received GoA status either go inactive a few weeks later or stop helping.

Note: I'm not referring to those who had valid excuses, but to those who simply stopped playing because they achieved what they "wanted".

As for the double award, I think that an exception for Physiologic is well deserved. Granted, there is no need for having two, but that dude put his heart and soul into STS. He hasn't left because of his boredom, but because he works an extremely taxing job with long shifts.

A bit off topic, but...There is a reason why many don't wear their titles or shields in game anymore. The fact is, it changes you, intentionally or not. I had to take a good look at myself before I realized that. It's the reason why I and many others don't wear their statuses. I don't like the attention it gets me and how I'm judged on the forums for it. That's why I'm so pro towards abolishing both programs. The people who are true assets to the community will help anyway. After all, community service in real life doesn't get rewarded, so why should it in game?
    Well said.

Here's something that's been bothering me. I've noticed SOME of the Star Guards hardly even play SL...if they even play at all anymore. It's cool that they did...whatever it was that they did to earn SG status...but something earned should also be something that can be taken away. It's just further proof that people do things for the reward, and once that reward is received, they stop being so helpful. Like it was a contest and they won the prize. If you're a Star Guard, SL should be your first priority. You were picked to help the community and be there to support the developers. You were NOT picked to flash your emblem around or play Pocket Legends all day. I'm pretty sure only one SG is also a GOA, in which case I feel that people shouldn't be picked for both games because that defeats the purpose. They've already been rewarded for helping and being a good person.

I've never really been a fan of the whole Star Guard program because I think it leads to nothing but white knight posting, wannabe mods, and posts littered with links to rules, STS emails, and "use the search function" posts. I'm guilty of the search function thing because sometimes it's just annoying or if the thread was made by an STS member in the past...but just answering someone's question ALONG with saying to use the search solves so many problems. I feel that rewarding people for being helpful for a few weeks and then allowing them to just fall off the map and do whatever defeats the purpose of the 'program.' If this is supposed to be a program where they are our 'role models' and are supposed to be helpful and caring people, why does this seem more like a "Medal of Honor" program. By that I mean, they're given a reward for going "Above and beyond the call of duty" and once recognized for it...back to regular soldier life they go. They don't get promoted to General. Back to the front lines they go with the rank of a normal soldier. I always thought the Star Guard program was more than that, but if that's all it really is, then count me out. I don't need a reward badge to know how to be helpful.

Well done on both of your behalf, and quite the valid point kaluha. Myself, I've only played SL for less then 2 months, and within those 2 months, I had a bad experience with a Star Guard, and it made me wonder what kind of person is this to have been labeled as a helpful player, or just been labeled enough to become a Star Guard, just to appear somewhat 'two-faced'. Or even have the occasional slip up with a private smack talking conversation about other players. It just irks me so that some just seemingly went for the title and are helpful on occasion, and then go about being a 'norm' of the community.

Of course, they shouldn't just be wearing their emblem so its just part of their ensemble, then go 'AFK' in Black Star, or even just completely shirk players entirely. It does (to me at least) seem some may just go after the SG just for the title and just continue forth being a normal player soon after. Some will always work so hard on the surface to get an exceptional title, but once they receive said title, they shirk their responsibilities entirely, and some will just work hard, because they want to be a true genuine player and help the community without reward.
    Deadbeat- 36 Operative
    Deadbeathc - 36 Engineer
    OdeadbeathcO - 36 commando