Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The E.B.A. (Enemies and Bosses Annhilated) build!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    95 Posts

Default The E.B.A. (Enemies and Bosses Annhilated) build!

( The E.B.A. Build )

Alright Guys, I updated my build for Lv.35 Operative, with both the Mysterious Figure and trash mobs in mind. I'm a pure Dex Operative Lv.30, wearing full custom bladetech and the plat Op weapons, the Bandit's Double Strike. I am using the Lv.35 platinum damage implant. I prefer to play right behind the tank, pistols blazing, so this build is pretty offensive. Be warned, you will need a good supply of stims/energy to run this build, although a Pistol/Shield combo works great too. I wanted something different than other Ops, and wanted to make use of the new skill, precision. So let's begin...

Attribute Placement

Name:  Stats.jpg
Views: 997
Size:  42.3 KB

Ok so, I know it doesn't really make much of a difference now, but I'm hoping that I won't need to respec again and I'm hoping being a pure Dex build will benefit me in the future. This is simple, place all gained attribute points into dex. Once again, pure offensive skill build, no regens or anything so you must play skillfully as an op, avoiding aggro, supplying yourself with stims, and choosing well-run groups.

The Skill Point Placement

Name:  Skill layout.jpg
Views: 977
Size:  37.2 KB

Mind Wrack - 6 Points - Why?: Good range, short cooldown, and Mind Wrack does incredible damage when it crits. With precision and amplify pain in effect I have anywhere from 75-89 crit depending on gear. Therefore, making Mind Wrack crit is almost a sure thing. Major workhorse skill here.

Flames of Insanity - 6 Points - Why?: Not only do you look totally B.A. shooting fire from your face, but the stun effect and short cooldown make this a no brainer for me. I added 5 points to get the damage to 10 per tick, which is nice when you're fighting a boss, you can burn em and then lay into them with a nice combo. Again, with Precision/Amplify in effect, this skill is capable of doing a good chunk of damage as well, and makes use of multiple crit chances over 4 seconds, important when you only have 10 seconds of Precision. Also, feel free to switch this skill out for sympathetic anguish, or regen, depending on your play style.

Lurch - 2 Points - Why?: Ahhh Lurch, old friend... This skill is highly useful and can also be highly abused. I use Lurch after I do a combo and possibly gain aggro from a miniboss or vular, and then back up and let the tank take aggro back while my skills cool a bit. In the new campaign this skill is vital for Ops in the last dungeon, as it keeps the enemies off of the terminal in the final fight.

Amplify Pain - 6 Points - Why?: Amplify pain to me is like a mini Precision skill, but the cooldown is only 8 seconds and works well in conjunction with Mind Wrack, which has a 6 second cooldown. I have this going constantly, as it gives +10 crit, and +15 damage to the caster, and -120 armor to targeted mob. I you have a high DPS set-up, this works amazingly well.

Neural Shock - 6 Points - Why?: 7 second cooldown, should always be ready after you cast Mind Wrack, and debuffs the target -20 and -4 crit, which is very helpful against heavy hitters such as director, guardian, vulars, McGirk, etc.. Also has a 12m range, nice to cast for the tank as he heads into battle ahead of you.

Precision - 6 Points - Why?: Ok, lots of controversy on the usefulness of Precision, with a 60 sec. cooldown and only 10 second buff. If you do alot of grinding and or farming runs, you know how important it is to fly thru minis/bosses. Also, sometimes I find myself having taken a wrong turn in a run, and end up surrounded by 4-5 mobs. Any Op knows how dangerous this situation can be, and that's a place where this build shines. Cast Precision, Amp, start auto attacking and being sure to keep switching targets as the mobs drop like flies. Throw in a Mind Wrack and Switch to skill set #1 (explained later), and you are soon back on the right path, safe and sound.

Psychic Lash - 1 Point - Why?: Just for the root, simple as that. Use root to slow mobs progress to the terminal, use it if you get rushed.

Psychic Binding - 2 Points - Why?: The 50% slow effect is nice to take a little pressure when you're getting attacked by 4-5 or more mobs, also handy in final boss battle, you can never be too prepared.

I believe The regen skill to be fairly useless during fast paced runs, as well as Sympathetic Anguish. When you're ripping through mobs so fast, Symp barely if ever gets a chance to jump, and doesn't do enough damage to warrant taking points out of another skill, since the others all have their place in my build. Feel free to mess around with the build to compliment your playstyle as well. I know some people hate Flames of Insanity, but with 89 crit it seems to be very handy.

How to level it

I need to figure this out still since I respecced when we saw what the MF was like to fight.

How to Use the Build Effectively/Skill Placement

Trash mobs - Save precision unless you are alone and in trouble. The cooldown is too long to get caught without it when you need it. I will cast Amplify Pain, Mind Wrack, Flames, and then cast my debuffs as I clean up mobs one by one.
    keep auto firing the whole time, making sure to change targets as the mobs die. If it's a big group of mobs, Amplify should be cooled down and ready to go again to clean up the leftovers, providing you timed your skills right. Remember in Sloucho to ALWAYS go for the paparazzi droids first, as their Blinding flash can get annoying quickly, and a good Op can dispose of one even quicker.

Heavy Hitters/Mini Bosses - For the bigger, harder hitting enemies, I will cast Debuffs, Precision, Amplify Pain, Mind Wrack, and then Lurch. I use Lurch only if I can place the enemy against a wall or in a corner, or if I gain aggro. you can cast Protection again if it cools in time, but I seriously doubt it will take you longer than 60 seconds to kill any large enemy besides a boss.

Bosses -It's easy for an Op to hold aggro on the Mysterious Figure and keep him off the terminal with Lurch, I prefer to handle the MF while the commando CC's the adds. Use your Crit buffs first and then repeatedly blast him with FoS and Mind Wrack along with your constant debuffs and auto attacks to dispose of him and the other bosses. Use Lurch if the Figure starts acking the terminal. Switch targets and knock mobs off in a similar fashion if you have to.

Well, there you have it! Feel free to post any alterations to the build below, so like minded players can try different variations. I'm super happy with this build, especially against bosses. I have a feeling it could work quite good in PvP as well, with the maxed buffs and solid debuffs, as well as some heavy hitting skills and DoT. Good Luck hunting, and PM me in game if you need any help. Thanks for reading.
    Last edited by Ebalere; 01-16-2012 at 06:05 AM.
    Proud Co-Leader of Infinite Union
    Infinite Union forums

2. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Ebalere For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

WOW!! how time u spent to write all this?!
    PS3: BigGuns072
    You talking to a Vateran Bravo squad Sniper,
    or just a guy who likes to pretend to be one

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    95 Posts

Took me about half an hour to type out, been working on the build and strategy for a while now. Hope you give it a try!
    Infinite Union forums

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ebalere For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

its really,really,really,really helpfull and precise!!! Good work!!Very good work! mind if i print it to have it next to me every time i play SL?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    95 Posts

I'd be honored! I'll be doing more guides in the future, so stay tuned!
    Infinite Union forums

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Ebalere For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

just wanted to say looks like a heck of a dps build. Personally, I agree with not using the regen skill but I just donKt seem to be able to manage my mana consumption without significant stim usage. I do tend to spam my skills a lot, tho, so maybe that's my
    issue.

Another thought on lurch vs psychic lash or binding is placement, just like commandos( and bears I guess) putting them towards a wall is preferable to sending them flying down a path. In numa prime specifically and some sloucho maps this could drop them into a group of enemies. On the other hand, psychic lash and binding are only roots, so ranged mobs aren't really slowed down.

My personal choice was to balance flames and psychic lash for aggro management. I don't use lurch but my op is 24, so I may pick it up.

Thanks again for a great build idea

EDIT: okay so I skimmed over the playstyles and you did mention the lurch into a wall bit, sorry =)
    Last edited by GigaBits; 09-20-2011 at 03:22 PM.
    You may call me bits or giga...just don't call me at dinner time
    Gigabits-engineer(main)-Bitsoarmor-commando-bitsopain-operative-Bitsohelp-engineer

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Ok... u can make one for dex birds... i would be glad for some help... But i am still suprised with ur work! its awesomeriffic!! Loved it! x1000000000000

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts

Nice! I'm definitely using this for my op

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    95 Posts

EEEEEEEEE!!! I love how you all are diggin my first guide! Makes me want to contribute more. Hoex, I could write a guide on archers, but to be honest, I doubt I could outdo Phys, he's been a mentor for me as far as birds go. I might write one up in my own style one day, but for now I'd like to focus on Star Legends, I'm having alot more fun in space hehe
    Infinite Union forums

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Ebalere For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

For commando plz!... lol its my best class... and i could need some help in the built up.... All SL will be glad to have u as a guidor ; )
    Last edited by OmincrossMX; 09-20-2011 at 03:33 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    95 Posts

Well, my friend Skavenger is planning on writing a build guide for commandos soon, and he is one of the best commandos I've played with, so stay on the lookout for that. If by chance his lv.30 build is alot different than mine, I may write one. can never have enough builds to experiment with!
    Infinite Union forums

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Ebalere For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

o ok.... Thnx... U re being very helpfull... and with the thread and with the informations u giving

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    95 Posts

I try my best! add me in game if you need any help buddy
    Infinite Union forums

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Ebalere For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

whats ur name in SL to add u?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    95 Posts

I'm mostly on my op, Ebalere, but I also have Chaos, engineer, and Hercules, Commando. and a few other twinks.
    Infinite Union forums

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Ebalere For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

ill ad Ebalere... thanks for all

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Default nice

Nice. Period.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Hehehe, I've been wanting to do some engie guides but noneo and Kamikazee pretty much have the market cornered, atm. I feel how you do concerning dex birds. What could I possibly add that hasn't been said better by smarter people than me. XD
    You may call me bits or giga...just don't call me at dinner time
    Gigabits-engineer(main)-Bitsoarmor-commando-bitsopain-operative-Bitsohelp-engineer

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Great guide ebalere! A very detailed and informative guide, will be using this build on my op when i start working on him. For anyone interested, I posted a commando guide, in a similar format, in the commando section.
    Skavengr - lvl56 dual spec tank/bow bear, Alameina - lvl56 full mega int mage, MegaDooomer - lvl56 full custom dex bird

Skavenger - commando, Skavengr - engineer, MegaDooomer - operative
    Quote Originally Posted by Morawk View Post
    Your Int is only 1. You should not even be able to form words in your mouth lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slush View Post
    They're noobs, what do you expect.

27. The Following User Says Thank You to skavenger216 For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Impressive, detailed, and comprehensive guide. All I have to do now is reset skills as soon as im able to buy more plat!
    Every Op lover will be stoked after reading this guide! I mean, who doesn't want to maximize damage?
    Great work Ebalere.

Gun