Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Can a Developer Please Clarify?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    195 Posts

Funny thing is, sts didn't decide the prices of the lb vanities. Maybe this vanity thief will encourage people to stop running for event lbs using unhealthy amounts of time, account sharing and spending ridiculous amounts to achieve top spots.

If sts had a problem with pets worth 20m, I'm sure they have a problem with vanities worth 30-60m.

Just enjoy the game stuff like this has been happening for a long time and we are still here. Adapt to the changing times.
    Last edited by Perceval; 09-28-2016 at 08:03 AM.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Perceval For This Useful Post:

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

New expansion might come with new vanities but for now, vanity thief is a not the best idea.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to PEMA For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    104 Posts

Perhaps a compromise? Maybe STS can only have the thief carry current plat purchasable vanity items that are available to everyone anyways and then also create like 5 various new vanity items just for the thief and for this "Vanity thief event".

This way those rare, hard earned vanities are protected, but we still have a fun vanities event to run.

Still against this idea??

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

I am agree with this thief vanity.. specially for those who missed many events passed.. sts will do this for the sake of happiness of every player.. but before. it should be a limited time like 2days or 3. then ppl who always wishes to their good vanity. this is should be happen. its cool. ppl not make you stronger just for a vanity. then why not.? then new player will be continue to play when they saw awasome vanity. then why not?

Sent from my HUAWEI P7-L10 using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    59 Posts

Actually its not a bad idea, but we should remember there are alot of vanities that only obtainable by leaderboard, if vanity thief drop these vanities than no one will ever chase for the leaderboard vanities anymore.

If sts decided to make a vanity thief, it should only drop common vanity only

Sent from my Lenovo P70-A using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts

[QUOTE=Fredystern;2591750]Actually its not a bad idea, but we should remember there are alot of vanities that only obtainable by leaderboard, if vanity thief drop these vanities than no one will ever chase for the leaderboard vanities anymore.

I highly doubt they're asking for the common vanities. They're asking for ice golem, ice spirit, halloween lb vanities, etc.... Personally, nothing surprises me anymore hopefully it doesn't happen but if it does I can't say I'll be shocked....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    652 Posts

[QUOTE=Melthyz;2591764]
    Quote Originally Posted by Fredystern View Post
    Actually its not a bad idea, but we should remember there are alot of vanities that only obtainable by leaderboard, if vanity thief drop these vanities than no one will ever chase for the leaderboard vanities anymore.

I highly doubt they're asking for the common vanities. They're asking for ice golem, ice spirit, halloween lb vanities, etc.... Personally, nothing surprises me anymore hopefully it doesn't happen but if it does I can't say I'll be shocked....
    As an owner/collector of all the lb vanities which I farmed for very hard, this would be a total disrespect of any goals to have in the game.
    IGN: Kakashi <Deviant Misfits> - We run PVE!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Kakashis For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts

I can already see the Halloween event lb (hopefully with vanities) going down the drain. If we could get some clarification on this issue, that would clear up alot of this mess. As it stands, no one knows if this thief (which originally a joke, btw) is actually going to exist, making the lb runners afraid to run.

Just my 2 cents.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    122 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Fredystern View Post

Didnt STS stop putting vanities in LB? I thought they give top jewels and banners now, no?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    59 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Alwarez View Post
    Didnt STS stop putting vanities in LB? I thought they give top jewels and banners now, no?
    Still no, if they put the old vanities as a loot, what will people answed when someone ask how to got ice golem vanity? All people will just say its dropped from vanity thief and only some will say its only obtainable from winter event and making its look like unworthy for running lb

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Justg
    Just to be clear, we are not currently planning a vanity thief. But we could one day.
    Justg already clarified that they are not currently planning a vanity thief. See for yourself in this thread.
    IGN: Traosabara

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    71 Posts

bfore

after

R.I.P Sirspendalot

16. The Following User Says Thank You to dinzly For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    296 Posts

I have only one fairly expensive vanity to my name, a Green Arlor vest for rogue, and if that was re-released I would be angry beyond words, and I cant help but empathise for those with sets valued much higher than mine.
    Also, not only would they lose their value but they would lose their desirability. Remember when owning a Commando set was a goal? They re-released that and it lost so much of its uniqueness when everyone started wearing it, same applies to the jester sets. Everyone wanted the red coloured set > it got released > barely anyone wears it to this day.
    To those who want an 'equal chance' for these exclusive vanities. Since when is releasing it to everyone considered 'equal'. If you want something, you need to deserve it. I don't care if you have to spend three hours a day farming every day of the week to earn this, at least you worked for it because I can assure you, that's nothing compared to what previous leaderboard runners have sacrificed for these very sets. STS please keep these exclusive collectibles EXCLUSIVE! As Zeus said, they don't alter game-play in any way, shape or form, they serve merely as goals for us to work towards.
    Last edited by Justg; 09-28-2016 at 12:45 PM. Reason: Please don't threaten to quit if we do something
    - (un) Retired -

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hail For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    596 Posts

Do it. Do it. Do it. Do it. Yeeeeee haaaaaw.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    87 Posts

Default Can a Developer Please Clarify?

The thread I made was intended as a joke. Everyone is running wild over what? A mere joke?

Vanities still have value but when there is limited ways to make the gold needed to purchase a vanity and it's pointless to say an expensive vanity is a "long term goal" because by the time you have the gold, most likely a new piece of better gear has been released.

Everything does loose value, arcane eggs are consumed and they're not 60m right? So why is ice golem "60m" or ghost "12m" .

There clearly is a limited supply so something should be done to increase it. In a healthy way of course. Heck throw them into lockeds. It doesn't bother me, as long as they're reasonably priced.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Click the link or copy paste it. Youll see what justg just said about this vanity thief topic.

Http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...ighlight=Golem

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

The "Vanity Thief"

This subject is important for anyone today because most of Arlorians own one or two vanities on their pockets, but, also for those who bought rare events vanities ( simple or leaderboard ones).
    Because we can also consider that isn't important for those who love their vanities and don't plan to sell them one day, at no cost.

The comparaison with the last "egg-event" started to affraid few peoples.
    No worries! The Spacetime team know exactly their job extremly well and it will be foolish to underestimate them.

Indeed, an EGG: is a CONSUMABLE item. Own them is a global goal and one of the first for all, also a personnal achievement.

Where it's easy to understand what is an egg, vanities are harder to figure, so i made 2category:

1) "Classique" vanities, some cool designs frequently availables on the game ( the commando set, the Kraken set etc )

Actually,

2) "Events" vanities, special themed vanities availables during events
    a) "Leaderboard tradeable" vanities.
    b) "untradeables" vanities ( forum events, leaderboards etc).

Vanity, defenition ( ? ): we can consider a vanity, an item that change the way you look. Without any Stats modifications.
    They have a relatively "good life" on the time because peoples like sell them back to buy new ones. So, their prices don't change so much.

Each vanities were almost added everytime massively on the game for his interest, they are so 2nd rang items with differents looks for differents countries, personnalities and affordables with your adventure though the game.

There is something that should come in your mind, why we got a new "under category"? I have some suppositions about it.

"Tradeables Leaderboard" vanities: ELITE Vanities, easy to understand, their designs are perfects. Available later via plat purchase, their firsts owner got the luck to admire them first.

This is a logical way to protect them and make live the game with more business.

Every single pixel of work tradeables mean to be availables.
    When you played the LB you got first, the fun and the hype to play on biggest Arcane Events.
    second, your name forever on the arcane history
    Then, prices, if you played for tradeables vanities, who got a preview of elite vanities. You can keep or sell them. If you played for untradeables vanities, you got unique vanitie(s) but with no value.
    With all this, a special banners and casuals prices.

Here is my thoughs but there is so much more to discuss about vanities. I also keep in mind that the second best strenght of their dev team is the surprise, so nothing it predicable but all have a goal..
    Respect what you read and write what you think, no just "no" or "yes". Accept to stay longer to write ideas if you like the game and this subject. The most important isn't what have be done but how things are and evolve. Thanks for those who read me, agree or not.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JesuisCharlie View Post
    agree or not.
    Im not sure what Im supposed to be agreeing with?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

Today, we give to peoples the possibility to react at everythings. I can't say myself "i'm omniscient", but i use my experience to react.
    I experienced some people judge me like "you want all things free" you aren't loyal".. I'm just giving my humble opinion taking time to try to write a proper english! Some of us should do the same.
    I just put this quote for those who think "your to lazy" to farm! The normal things what..

25. The Following User Says Thank You to JesuisCharlie For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    236 Posts

Speaking of lazy, I am indeed too lazy to farm flags. Can we have a flag thief? After the vanity one of course.

27. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Tatman For This Useful Post: