Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: About Flag Achievement points

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    118 Posts

Exclamation About Flag Achievement points

In my opinion STS and we all should bid farewell to the 5.000 and 10.000 Flag APs as the new expansion arrives and the new season starts.

If we are honest we have to admit that it's impossible to do those AP nowadays without "cheating".

The main reason for that atm is that literally nobody plays CTF.. due to that you cannot even start the game for a single flag.
    But even if people would play CTF most do it for clashes and you are not a welcome guest closing the game by flagging and even if you are welcome it would take forever to get even 1k flags.

Further more it's not a secret that (almost almost almost) all that got this AP either got them when you could do infinite flags or by using several accounts to start games and "farm"/"cheat" flags.
    If this is the sense of those AP they should as well get AP for botting etc.
    (I'm not saying botting is the same thing because botting is much worse but it just has nothing to do with effort in game). Some also team up with others to do it (same thing as with other accounts) but thats not playing CTF thats just getting those flags for those stupid AP.

Those who have those AP have had their seasons on leaderboards due to that so imo it's not unfair if you remove those AP from the new season on.
    We need party-option for raid! :P

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to stricker20000 For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    541 Posts

I think the flag APs should be removed as they are near impossible to get now in comparison to the past, and it's keeping people from playing CTF the correct way. We need to get rid of these APs and replace with other more skill based APs I think. I do think that people with the 5k/10k flags should be awarded with the titles [No Life] and [Free Flagger] respectively
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Visiting For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

+1,

Well this season is ending , And in present situation with guild wars and gangs its impossible to flag 5K and 10k in CTF. Even if we are flagging with friends , its only for few hrs in week and cant have them 24*7 that to for AP sake which is not mean for the CTF...Devs Please give fair chance for all players to compete for LB from next season..Atleast remove 5K & 10K flags.

IGN : Bluesparky

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Bluesparky For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,353 Posts

I bet we see an entirely different type of lbs next season
    Avy
    12-2012

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Avaree For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    51 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Avaree View Post
    They suppose to do that.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    126 Posts

As far as I am concerned, even the elite aps (esp 500 bosses) makes no sense at all. I see ppl mindlessly grinding for those aps & keep calling out in gc for pt's.
    Aps like these should not be introduced in the game as it totally takes away the fun of playing.
    These aps take a heck of a lot of time. Ppl chasing these aps either have a lot of gold to spare or are very ap conscious. Those like me only have the 5k mobs aps of rengol or underhul....obtained during our gold farming runs.
    Just my 2c.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    270 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bonjovi3223 View Post
    As far as I am concerned, even the elite aps (esp 500 bosses) makes no sense at all. I see ppl mindlessly grinding for those aps & keep calling out in gc for pt's.
    Aps like these should not be introduced in the game as it totally takes away the fun of playing.
    These aps take a heck of a lot of time. Ppl chasing these aps either have a lot of gold to spare or are very ap conscious. Those like me only have the 5k mobs aps of rengol or underhul....obtained during our gold farming runs.
    Just my 2c.
    I'm totally agreed. I don't really have these APS below rengol. Oh and mobs from tin/shuyal ( jewel farm ). There is no sense doing it. Waste of time and money. I rather farm km3 lol

12. The Following User Says Thank You to resurrected For This Useful Post:

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    32 Posts

The pve aps are boring indeed, but is a way to revive the old maps and, overall, the pve maps are supposed to be grinded by players.
    U have just to go in and run to kill the boss!
    Abt the waste of gold i disagree completely cause i got arcane dags whyle grinding kraken and a kershal in shuyal + elite golden chests and pets in nordr + tons of teeth and chests in tindirin + fangs and jewels in rengol maps + scripts, golden heretic chests and legendaries/mytic in underhul.
    I'm not millionaire now but i ran the aps with pace, helping friends, too many time chilling and running like a mad chicken (thx speed set XD) and collect all the aps. The flag is a completely different story cause flagging isn't supposed to be played like that and everyone knows it.

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kharjojo For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    118 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bonjovi3223 View Post
    Just my 2c.
    Well those AP are not bad, it gets those playing most the AP and revives the old elite maps. The point is you can grind for those AP while it is impossible to get those flags.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    118 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kharjojo View Post
    The pve aps are boring indeed, but is a way to revive the old maps and, overall, the pve maps are supposed to be grinded by players.
    Abt the waste of gold i disagree completely cause i got arcane dags whyle grinding kraken and a kershal in shuyal + elite golden chests and pets in nordr + tons of teeth and chests in tindirin + fangs and jewels in rengol maps + scripts, golden heretic chests and legendaries/mytic in underhul.
    I'm not millionaire now but i ran the aps with pace, helping friends, too many time chilling and running like a mad chicken (thx speed set XD) and collect all the aps. The flag is a completely different story cause flagging isn't supposed to be played like that and everyone knows it.
    Right but very very lucky indeed O.o

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    124 Posts

This is a tricky one .... to lose the flag ap, which incidently i dont have.
    If you look at the current leaderboards you will notice that the only thing that sets the top players on the board away from everyone else is those pvp aps. And that is because those aps are the hardest to achieve because they take the longest time and greatest effort from a player.

Those 500 elite boss kill aps were a grind ... but nothing compared to 10k flags, hence the "No life" title lol?!?!?!?!
    The lower level 500 boss kill aps up to tindrin are easy .... it takes time for sure, and dedication to complete. But you actually make a lot of gold running them gathering drops so they are good. You meet players along the way, and this is how i have made a lot of my friends. There are tactics to running them ... finding mob kill threshold to spawn boss for fastest runs ... pull points for both solo runs and team runs ... and all sorts!
    Those lower level aps are an absolute laugh, and even though i have all those 500 kill aps i still return to Shuyal Astral Tower (my favourite) from time to time just to run it for that last huge pull of mobs, which i reckon is the biggest pull in game, KABOOOOOOMMM he he :P

If those flag aps are removed from game then everyone will be on the lb top player list ... and thus the only definition of who is on the board is who has the greatest kills. And we all know that kills are the easiest and most simple thing to macro or bot.

So .... if we lose those flag aps then they have to be replaced by other aps that define the top players ...
    Hmmmmm
    Leaderboard players are defined by tactics ... speed ... team work .... hard work, and most of all dedication to the game.
    So what future aps can be designed in order to illustrate this, thats the biggest question?

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Greoatef For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    118 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Greoatef View Post
    This is a tricky one .... to lose the flag ap, which incidently i dont have.
    If you look at the current leaderboards you will notice that the only thing that sets the top players on the board away from everyone else is those pvp aps. And that is because those aps are the hardest to achieve because they take the longest time and greatest effort from a player.

Those 500 elite boss kill aps were a grind ... but nothing compared to 10k flags, hence the "No life" title lol?!?!?!?!
    The lower level 500 boss kill aps up to tindrin are easy .... it takes time for sure, and dedication to complete. But you actually make a lot of gold running them gathering drops so they are good. You meet players along the way, and this is how i have made a lot of my friends. There are tactics to running them ... finding mob kill threshold to spawn boss for fastest runs ... pull points for both solo runs and team runs ... and all sorts!
    Those lower level aps are an absolute laugh, and even though i have all those 500 kill aps i still return to Shuyal Astral Tower (my favourite) from time to time just to run it for that last huge pull of mobs, which i reckon is the biggest pull in game, KABOOOOOOMMM he he :P

If those flag aps are removed from game then everyone will be on the lb top player list ... and thus the only definition of who is on the board is who has the greatest kills. And we all know that kills are the easiest and most simple thing to macro or bot.

So .... if we lose those flag aps then they have to be replaced by other aps that define the top players ...
    Hmmmmm
    Leaderboard players are defined by tactics ... speed ... team work .... hard work, and most of all dedication to the game.
    So what future aps can be designed in order to illustrate this, thats the biggest question?
    Good point, they definitely need to check players on leaderboards for botting. Still removing those flag AP or rather replacing them is an important step imo because those AP have nothing to do with the game its pure "cheating" to get those. BTW I'm very very sure that there are players who botted the flag APs too
    Last edited by stricker20000; 10-03-2016 at 08:21 AM. Reason: Still the only way to not let botting rule the game is checking players on LB and banning those who bot

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    328 Posts

first of all flag point should be awarded to team, and yes, totally agree that 5k flags and 10k flags are mindless and tedious ap, for me 500 bosses ap is also tedious, and way from being fun
    and i also consider free flagging is no different than dummy killing in pvp, and yes, i did a lot of free flagging,

but then again people who has finished the flags did spend their time, a lot...
    always milking, no service
    AL IGN: Extrapayah/Extraparah/Extrajelek
    Support Shared Pet Stable Please!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    118 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by extrapayah View Post
    first of all flag point should be awarded to team, and yes, totally agree that 5k flags and 10k flags are mindless and tedious ap, for me 500 bosses ap is also tedious, and way from being fun
    and i also consider free flagging is no different than dummy killing in pvp, and yes, i did a lot of free flagging,

Yes, but those people also got their banners then. Giving flag point to whole team would be nice tho.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    328 Posts

ah yes, i forgot to complaint about 500 bosses ap, i hate to think that the only reward from grinding those ap are luck based (arcane items from elite chests), 500 bosses ap should give permanent reward like +1 str, +1 dex, or something like that

*sry a bit out of topic, hehe
    always milking, no service
    AL IGN: Extrapayah/Extraparah/Extrajelek
    Support Shared Pet Stable Please!

23. The Following User Says Thank You to extrapayah For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    541 Posts

ah yes, i forgot to complaint about 500 bosses ap, i hate to think that the only reward from grinding those ap are luck based (arcane items from elite chests), 500 bosses ap should give permanent reward like +1 str, +1 dex, or something like that

*sry a bit out of topic, hehe
    That's actually an interesting idea, anyone with those APs get 1+ every stat (INT/STR/DEX/Crit/DGM/so on) for every 500 boss ap, it's not game breaking in anyway but will give you something to show for your work
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kharjojo View Post
    This same as my story... But I'm not that lucky to loot the things..I enjoyed lot running these elites,making friends..most best thing happened was had fun playing the game along with those friends while elite runs

Still join my friends while still few running them

IGN : Bluesparky

26. The Following User Says Thank You to Bluesparky For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    350 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Avaree View Post
    I bet you've had early insider info, just saw Cinco's comment in chat box and it seems to be right what you presumed.

28. The Following User Says Thank You to Faliziaga For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    270 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Faliziaga View Post
    I bet you've had early insider info, just saw Cinco's comment in chat box and it seems to be right what you presumed.
    Wew what did he said

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    60 Posts

Agree to flag point being awarded to the whole team. Points being awarded only to the one carrying the flag is what players not to do CTF properly. And we all know a lot of drama is caused when flaggers and killers met in the same room. Flaggers would like to be ignored and killers will keep on going after everyone.

This may also cause people who stayed at certain levels to flag to want to play endgame again. Will definitely help revive CTF.

I'm one of those who gave up on it at 3k flags. I'm too poor to focus on it.