Thread: Director Bug Movie Sequence

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    421 Posts

Default Director Bug Movie Sequence

When playing last level of Sloucho campaign, we reached the Director boss and as I run in the room the movie sequence was shown with the writing showing but took rather long, the screen then flipped on to its side with the writing still being added, and I could see the other players running about fighting when the sequence finished I was lying on the floor dead (13th death sad times)

I believe this has happened in the past with other levels bosses like Cycorps and Numa for instance you would sometimes come into the game with a movie scene shown by the end of it you would be half death or dead.

Had a quick look through previous bugs and could not see it. If already been posted apologies

Still trying to comprehend how 2k+ can die from Barrels O.o

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Sorry to hear about your 13th death, Bod. Hey, glad you keep coming back, though!

I have experience something similar. On a run yesterday, I was the first to cross the invisible "trigger boss cut-scene" line. I had to watch the VERY LONG AND SLOW cut-scene (even though I have disabled camera effects) while my teammates fought with the turret outside the Director's room. While I did not die (*wipes brow*), my health was severely depleted by the time the cut-scene was over.

I think a few things are odd regarding this cut-scene. First, I do not recall always seeing the opening cut-scene. Maybe only the first player to enter the room gets it? Second, I should not have to see/wait for this or any cut-scene if I have disabled camera effects. I recall this issue coming up at Miner McGuirkk (was I even close to spelling that right?)... Third, if I must view this cut-scene, maybe add a "skip" button or speed up the scrolling text when the player presses the screen.

And even though the threat of damage is gone once the Director is destroyed, ditto for the end cut-scene.
    Last edited by thequickone; 09-24-2011 at 11:11 AM.

PL: Thequickone warrior, Torrenz archer, Faebronia enchantress/main
    SL: Thequickone commando, Torrenz operative, Faebronia engineer/main, Helpdesk <PiF> engineer

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by thequickone View Post
    Sorry to hear about your 13th death, Bod. Hey, glad you keep coming back, though!

I have experience something similar. On a run yesterday, I was the first to cross the invisible "trigger boss cut-scene" line. I had to watch the VERY LONG AND SLOW cut-scene (even though I have disabled camera effects) while my teammates fought with the turret outside the Director's room. While I did not die (*wipes brow*), my health was severely depleted by the time the cut-scene was over.

I think a few things are odd regarding this cut-scene. First, I do not recall always seeing the opening cut-scene. Maybe only the first player to enter the room gets it? Second, I should not have to see/wait for this or any cut-scene if I have disabled camera effects. I recall this issue coming up at Miner McGuirkk (was I even close to spelling that right?)... Third, if I must view this cut-scene, maybe add a "skip" button or speed up the scrolling text when the player presses the screen.

And even though the threat of damage is gone once the Director is destroyed, ditto for the end cut-scene.
    +1 to everything you have said.
    Facebones & Dethklock are proud members of Vengeance