Thread: Idea for change to Health points

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Idea for change to Health points

With the current pvp system the person that wins most of the time is whoever crits first. In the hopes to change this I purpose the idea of raising the amount of hp each player begins with and also each level you automaticlly gain hp based on what type of class you are or change the amount of hp you get per 1 point of str. Now the amount you begin with I think should be 1000 to 2000. I think based on the amount of damage that most PL characters do this would this would be enough life to have.
    Now my reasoning behind this is it will add more strategy and skill to the game. The way the system is now if I hit you with a short combo while buffed I can 1 or 2 shot you. This does not allow for any team work with healers and limits strategy. You should have to focus fire as a team to kill someone fast not just 1 shot them by yourself.
    So any ideas or feedback?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

no way when i fight my own class it goes on forever due to 21 or more health regen..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Well I play a pally in pvp and I can kill another pally with one combo of skills. Not sure what class u play
    Last edited by Relis; 06-25-2010 at 05:56 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts

1000-2000 is ridiculously high. This would essentially be identical to a universal damage nerf. Bears with high health regen and paladins with high mana regen and heal would never ever die. Plus, do this and you have to adjust mana pools too or else render the magic shield useless (what's a couple hundred points of shield matter when your health is in the thousands). Then consider PvE. All enemy damage would have to be adjusted, etc. This opens up soooo many cans of worms, there is just no way I can see it as a viable solution.
    Last edited by Royce; 06-25-2010 at 05:59 PM.
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6183&dateline=1275696  601
    Quote Originally Posted by conradin View Post
    To doubt Royce, is to doubt your sanity...
    Quote Originally Posted by TwinkTastical View Post
    Royce is right, You are WRONG. Live with it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

PvP skill damage should be capped in some way, a % reduction.

While I was playing anarchy online there was a universal 50% pvp damage reduction bought in, and it made everything a lot easier to manage.

Not saying that should be the case here, but certainly some things need to be changed, and the total regen from hp/mp of 20+ just makes it impossible to level out accross the board, when not everyone will have such a substantial amount, regen then becomes the defining feature of pvp.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bmc85uk View Post
    While I was playing anarchy online there was a universal 50% pvp damage reduction bought in, and it made everything a lot easier to manage.
    They have already played with this quite a bit. At first damage was so high there were only instant kills. They reduced it significantly, and battles never ended. This was the nice middle ground, and honest I don't think damage is the biggest problem (though I suppose it could be reduced again slightly). The problem is simply imbalance, and hybrid advantages (like paladins being better spellcasters than Int mages, etc.). I think they have plans to change skills to help the balance situation.
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6183&dateline=1275696  601

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Yeah, I wasn't suggesting a uniform reduction would work here, skills simply far outweigh standard damage, and while that may have also been the case in anarchy online (for the vast majority of the classes) health and mana(nano) regen was limited to certain classes with abilities to buff them (wish i had some HoT's in PL)

With most damage protection skills being a fixed figure, they work well for auto attack and terribly for skill/spell protection.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bmc85uk View Post
    With most damage protection skills being a fixed figure, they work well for auto attack and terribly for skill/spell protection.
    Yeah if a Crit Fireblast from a pally comes your way, you better have high dodge because no other stat will save you.