Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Base points to equip

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    482 Posts

Arrow Base points to equip

Long story in short. Just like previous elites the base point requirements to equip L77-80 elites should be pretty high.

Thanks.
    Last edited by Justg; 10-07-2016 at 11:46 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

350 int points for magor, 350 points for warat, 350 for arzac. No more warat mages, no more warat dex bears, everybody learns to play their class or quit the game.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    365 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Marika1 View Post
    350 int points for magor, 350 points for warat, 350 for arzac. No more warat mages, no more warat dex bears, everybody learns to play their class or quit the game.
    47dex isnt nearly enough for a bear..
    nothing lasts forever

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Burningdex For This Useful Post:

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Yep, in 76 cap str elites were the only useless ones out of the three, but it worked out since it didn't ruin the balance. Here that would completely trash it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    482 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Burningdex View Post
    47dex isnt nearly enough for a bear..
    We don't want bears to have all advantages, right? 90+ dodge , hit % is well over decent. What's this? PvP? Or arena of exploitation?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    482 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by George Clooney View Post
    Yep, in 76 cap str elites were the only useless ones out of the three, but it worked out since it didn't ruin the balance. Here that would completely trash it.
    Can you elaborate that how it would trash it? I'll comment after that.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

You're missing the point George Clooney. As always.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    72 Posts

u have like 150%+ hit pure str with warat anyways so idk how this would help

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    482 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Sword View Post
    u have like 150%+ hit pure str with warat anyways so idk how this would help
    We're now in a situation where pure str can have decent hit but still some people argue that it would trash it, its looking like just for the sake of argument they're saying it, now coming to ur point, it would definitely help, infect I would say that if anything smallest change ( in term of work needed to implement) can have positive effect on endgame PvP balance, this would do that.
    Last edited by Waug; 10-11-2016 at 10:11 AM.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    72 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by OPest View Post
    We're now in a situation where pure str can have decent hit but still some people argue that it would trash it, its looking like just for the sake of argument they're saying it, now coming to ur point, it would definitely help, infect I would say that if anything smallest change ( in term of work needed to implement) can have positive effect on endgame PvP balance, this would do that.
    1. the game isnt getting updated
    2. stat req is not the problem for the lack of balance
    3. the 76 bow was really the only one that was used because its damage was so much higher than the legendary bow. I mean the savage scythe has more max dmg and a faster speed than the elite L80 scimi

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    482 Posts

1. the game isnt getting updated
    2. stat req is not the problem for the lack of balance
    3. the 76 bow was really the only one that was used because its damage was so much higher than the legendary bow. I mean the savage scythe has more max dmg and a faster speed than the elite L80 scimi
    1- The game is not updating that's the reason we can't expect much work on pl and address broader issues. Smallest amount of work is needed to do this. "the game isnt getting updated" does not mean, it can't be updated in future also does not mean that we can't suggest anything.

2- There are more issues in pvp balance it's true but as said earlier, those issues need much big attention and work at the same time. But it's not correct that stat req is not the problem for any kinda balance. Infect this small change can address much big issues.

3 - What do u wanna say about "76 bow" this point is totally unclear, each elite has higher stats, just compare L80 elites with Legendary items, it's hugh and hell & heaven difference not just your so called dmg difference was higher in "76bow". Anyway the whole point does not make any sense to me, just clarify.
    Last edited by Waug; 10-13-2016 at 11:38 PM.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

1- The game is not updating that's the reason we can't expect much work on pl and address broader issues. Smallest amount of work is needed to do this. "the game isnt getting updated" does not mean, it can't be updated in future also does not mean that we can't suggest anything.

2- There are more issues in pvp balance it's true but as said earlier, those issues need much big attention and work at the same time. But it's not correct that stat req is not the problem for any kinda balance. Infect this small change can address much big issues.

3 - What do u wanna say about "76 bow" this point is totally unclear, each elite has higher stats, just compare L80 elites with Legendary items, it's hugh and hell & heaven difference not just your so called dmg difference was higher in "76bow". Anyway the whole point does not make any sense to me, just clarify.

I'll try to break down my thought process on the issue. I totally agree that Elites of alternate stat attributes should not be available to any one class (i.e. bear shouldn't be able to equip an elite talon.) What I found flawed was the extremely high base required (350), but after changing your initial post, I completely agree.

Unfortunately, as aforementioned, there's plenty of reasons why Sts refuses to update. Even after Cinco to graciously added a NEW level pack to our game, we didn't hold our gratitude for long. There will always be something for people to whine about. IF a 3pc ring were to be granted to everyone, to "even the field," there would be people asking for founders helms too, and angel sets. Then people would ask for a forgotten event again, and L71 elite reintroduction etc.

All in all, in a hypothetical sense, I agree that balancing it by increasing the base points for each specific item should be raised, but I think that It's not worth changing, as there is more variety of builds and such in the game right now, and it's not impossible to beat anyone.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    72 Posts

I'm just saying the 76 bow was really the only higher req item that was even a good weapon to use. The 76 staff and hammer sacrificed way to much defense barely increasing damage, where the 75 talon was really only good with the egg shield due to the dodge which is essentially the whole defense for dex builds

The 76 elites were the only elites with huge stat requirements, the 71 elites only required around 15 extra of the stat so your statement that all other elites isn't really a valid precedent.

Also the 77-80 elites do have higher stat requirements and then the "improved elite" armors and helms have even higher stat requirements so you kinda were mentioning a concept already implemented.

This really is a non-issue

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    482 Posts

There will always be something for people to whine about.
    I'll start with this, although this has not been said directly to this thread but to "this kinda threads". I've watching forum community, I've to say that, if Ya folks say "stop whining" "stop crying" etc to this kinda situation in forums, it actually shows your INABILITY to understand the basic purpose of forums & to do debate in a logical/constructive way. The irony is, you people complain about the forum community.

If someone with 2pc play against 3pcs, it's nothing wrong for him to make thread about it in a non spammy and proper way, it's different matter that this should be addressed or not. Doing such isn't degradation of forum rather purpose of discussion board aka forums. The degradation of forum happens when forumers tag that as "crying" and suggest to "stop crying", "stop whining" etc, and it's kinda bullying when you folks do it all together.

I'll try to break down my thought process on the issue. I totally agree that Elites of alternate stat attributes should not be available to any one class (i.e. bear shouldn't be able to equip an elite talon.) What I found flawed was the extremely high base required (350), but after changing your initial post, I completely agree.
    I never changed my initial post, neither said anything like that you mentioned. I said something about devs and JustG edited that out, fair enough. You talked about CLASS SPECIFIC GEAR that never happened in PL before neither I TALKED about that. Bear would be able to equip talon even if base point requirement is high but he would not be able to equip str/int gear at the same time and his str/int point would be low because dex point would be pretty high.

Unfortunately, as aforementioned, there's plenty of reasons why Sts refuses to update. Even after Cinco to graciously added a NEW level pack to our game, we didn't hold our gratitude for long. There will always be something for people to whine about. IF a 3pc ring were to be granted to everyone, to "even the field," there would be people asking for founders helms too, and angel sets. Then people would ask for a forgotten event again, and L71 elite reintroduction etc.
    On the contrary there's is ONLY ONE reason why sts refuses to update, business perspective they have another game that generate way much more money than pl would do with same amount of work. There's two point, the first is, asking for more or asking for something old that has not been tagged with discontinued is not bad the way you're trying to project because that's what approximately all the gamers want not just PL-ers, it's different matter devs wanna put more effort on that game or not and as for me I never cared about recolored and similar new content for long time, all I wanted balance.

Secondly, you're comparing this pvp balance issue with "There will always be something for people to whine about" then let me tell you, this is not just any small issue, the pvp is literally at it's worst condition but still I didn't suggest to work hard rather something that can be done easily.

All in all, in a hypothetical sense, I agree that balancing it by increasing the base points for each specific item should be raised, but I think that It's not worth changing, as there is more variety of builds and such in the game right now, and it's not impossible to beat anyone.
    Actually there's not much variety of builds practically, because players exploiting the OP builds. That's the point if it implemented then those op builds would be vanish to an extent.
    It was never "impossible to beat anyone" so whey there have been enormous amount of PvP balance threads in past? and I totally believe you at least supported some, no? what a logic.
    Last edited by Waug; 10-15-2016 at 12:21 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    482 Posts

I'm just saying the 76 bow was really the only higher req item that was even a good weapon to use. The 76 staff and hammer sacrificed way to much defense barely increasing damage, where the 75 talon was really only good with the egg shield due to the dodge which is essentially the whole defense for dex builds

The 76 elites were the only elites with huge stat requirements, the 71 elites only required around 15 extra of the stat so your statement that all other elites isn't really a valid precedent.

Also the 77-80 elites do have higher stat requirements and then the "improved elite" armors and helms have even higher stat requirements so you kinda were mentioning a concept already implemented.

This really is a non-issue
    That's because previously elite were two handed weapons and two handed weapons other than dex were never viable that much mostly. This time we have all.

Where did I say "all other elites"? I said "like previous elites".

The whole point is to make refrain players from equipping mix gear (eg str+dex) and go towards pure, what you saying "improved elite" or WHATEVER does not matter neither implemented.

Ya calling it a non issue but didn't even understand this small easy topic, otherwise you would not say - "so you kinda were mentioning a concept already implemented"
    and George would not say - "I totally agree that Elites of alternate stat attributes should not be available to any one class (i.e. bear shouldn't be able to equip an elite talon.)"

kinda funny
    Last edited by Waug; 10-15-2016 at 01:00 AM.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    72 Posts

Like I said if you are basing it off previous elites, some have much higher stat requirements and some don't.
    These have slightly higher requirements already so I really think it is a non-issue, not sure how you misunderstood that part

I guess your real issue is being able to equip two different stat elites at the same time. I see no reason to not allow people to go hybrid, basically every cap you have been able to equip the best dex weapon with str armor and shield. For instance, I belive there were some people who used 66 str helm and armor with 66 bow back in fang cap.

There's so many issues with the balance but this isn't the problem

And again this isn't going to change anything because the game no longer gets updated
    No sure why so many players can't accept this

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    482 Posts

Like I said if you are basing it off previous elites, some have much higher stat requirements and some don't.
    These have slightly higher requirements already so I really think it is a non-issue, not sure how you misunderstood that part

I guess your real issue is being able to equip two different stat elites at the same time. I see no reason to not allow people to go hybrid, basically every cap you have been able to equip the best dex weapon with str armor and shield. For instance, I belive there were some people who used 66 str helm and armor with 66 bow back in fang cap.

There's so many issues with the balance but this isn't the problem

And again this isn't going to change anything because the game no longer gets updated
    No sure why so many players can't accept this
    Get your facts right before arguing here. There's no difference of base point requirement between pink to elite to so called "improved elites" there's only small difference between helm to armor/wep etc and that's even not difference from pink to elite to arzac/warar/magor that's difference between helm to armor/weps etc.

If you're unable to understand this basic difference then how would imagine the benefits? As a result you're taking this as non issue.

Let me tell you, this is not a problem, rather consider as solution of problem (balance problem) also yes it was possible to go hybrid in past caps BUT WITH PINKS NOT WITH ELITES.

PvP is already disbalanced and hybrid makes it worst. if you really do endgame PvP which I doubt, you should think twice about the matter and then argue, thank you.

Lastly. You don't need to keep saying that pl no longer gets updated specially to someone who have been here all the time and know the whole story, this is not ur duty, if you tried to inform that would be fine. It's devs concern that they'll update or not.
    Last edited by Waug; 10-15-2016 at 11:28 PM.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    72 Posts

i need to get my fact straight for sure

here we have the L80 elite of the ao2 robe
    Name:  ao2elite.png
Views: 180
Size:  266.4 KB

then here we have one of the better versions based off the ao3 robe
    Name:  ao3elite.png
Views: 181
Size:  270.9 KB

200 = 205 in the factual world apparently

also yes it was possible to go hybrid in past caps BUT WITH PINKS NOT WITH ELITES.
    Name:  71elite.png
Views: 183
Size:  51.7 KB
    so requires 163 str
    Name:  71hybrid.png
Views: 180
Size:  130.2 KB
    and here you clearly see at 71 you have plenty of attributes to be able to equip str and dex
    obviously you cant have them both at the same time because this is the first cap that you have been able to to have 2 slots(excluding vanities and rings) filled with elites at the same time

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    482 Posts

When I said "with eliteS" I also meant that. I didn't mean going hybrid with one elite.

As for L80 screenies you posted is just some variants out there with negligible base requirements whearas what I meant was - you don't need more base point requirement if you wanna wear elite rather than pink version for example sentinel pink & elite has the same requirement.

You can't say with this variant that it is a concept already implemented. Whearas the whole purpose IS TO REFRAIN PLAYERS FROM EQUIPING MIX GEAR & go pure TO AN EXTENT (not totally pure but close to pure) and if you can understand this, you'll know that this concept is not implemented at all but in past.
    Last edited by Waug; 10-17-2016 at 06:46 AM.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    72 Posts

When I said "with eliteS" I also meant that. I didn't mean going hybrid with one elite.
    and here you clearly see at 71 you have plenty of attributes to be able to equip str and dex
    obviously you cant have them both at the same time because this is the first cap that you have been able to to have 2 slots(excluding vanities and rings) filled with elites at the same time
    actually just realized I was totally wrong you totally could be hybrid at 71 with non-vanity black dragon and a 71 elite since all 71 elites req 163 of whichever stat

str gear with esb, yes pls

As for L80 screenies you posted is just some variants out there with negligible base requirements whearas what I meant was - you don't need more base point requirement if you wanna wear elite rather than pink version for example sentinel pink & elite has the same requirement.
    Get your facts right before arguing here. There's no difference of base point requirement between pink to elite to so called "improved elites" there's only small difference between helm to armor/wep etc and that's even not
    if only I could get my facts right on this one
    I was incorrect on the pinks i had been comparing a L77 so i mistook the stats for being lower, pinks are basically trash this cap anyways though, elites are essentially the pinks now

You can't say with this variant that it is a concept already implemented. Whearas the whole purpose IS TO REFRAIN PLAYERS FROM EQUIPING MIX GEAR & go pure TO AN EXTENT (not totally pure but close to pure) and if you can understand this, you'll know that this concept is not implemented at all but in past.
    I really disagree thats one of the great things about PL mixing and matching class gear, unlike the SL or AL where gear is almost totally class specific, theres so much customization available to PL builds