Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Using 2 staff vanities in vanity weapon slot?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

Default Using 2 staff vanities in vanity weapon slot?

So I used a gun vanity and a kershal staff vanity together, but it seems that I cant use two staff vanities.. I have a kershal vanity and a staff of protection vanity I would love to use together but It won't let me equip both. Is this a bug? I would love to be able to do this.. thanks.
    NEW IGN: WHEELYWUNKA / WILLIWUNKA

2. The Following User Says Thank You to williwunka For This Useful Post:

3.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #2
    Spacetime Studios Dev VROOMIGoRealFast's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    337 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by williwunka View Post
    So I used a gun vanity and a kershal staff vanity together, but it seems that I cant use two staff vanities.. I have a kershal vanity and a staff of protection vanity I would love to use together but It won't let me equip both. Is this a bug? I would love to be able to do this.. thanks.
    The 2 vanity slots apply 1 to each specific item type, so one slot is for a staff and the other is for a gun.

If you were to equip 2 staff vanities we wouldn't know which one to show (you only hold 1 staff!).
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    270 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by VROOMIGoRealFast View Post
    The 2 vanity slots apply 1 to each specific item type, so one slot is for a staff and the other is for a gun.

If you were to equip 2 staff vanities we wouldn't know which one to show (you only hold 1 staff!).
    How aboutttt... Let mage use 2 staffs with his little hands xD

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

Thanks for clarifying Vroom. Would it be possible to have both slots able to display both gun and staff vanities? We can have the first slot designated as the displayed weapon, and the second slot for the aura of the second weapon. Just a wish.
    NEW IGN: WHEELYWUNKA / WILLIWUNKA

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    139 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by resurrected View Post
    How aboutttt... Let mage use 2 staffs with his little hands xD
    I'd duel weird lol

7.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #6
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    337 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by williwunka View Post
    Thanks for clarifying Vroom. Would it be possible to have both slots able to display both gun and staff vanities? We can have the first slot designated as the displayed weapon, and the second slot for the aura of the second weapon. Just a wish.
    Aura vanities start getting into dangerous territory of "I have no idea what's going on or why I have this shiny because everything I'm wearing adds a new version of the shiny" and you end up looking like one of my childhood finger paintings. Also, auras (and any particle type system) are notoriously bad for performance. Get 4 people who have Auras + Vanity Auras in the same zone and the Note 7 won't be the only exploding phone!

The effect of the Kershal Staff aura still displaying was not intended, but we left it in because players enjoyed it. We don't plan to do more of that.
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

8. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to VROOMIGoRealFast For This Useful Post:

Are you a stalker? Awesomeness: ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    248 Posts

Aura vanities start getting into dangerous territory of "I have no idea what's going on or why I have this shiny because everything I'm wearing adds a new version of the shiny" and you end up looking like one of my childhood finger paintings. Also, auras (and any particle type system) are notoriously bad for performance. Get 4 people who have Auras + Vanity Auras in the same zone and the Note 7 won't be the only exploding phone!

The effect of the Kershal Staff aura still displaying was not intended, but we left it in because players enjoyed it. We don't plan to do more of that.
    Please post one of your childhood finger paintings :P
    So we know what were dealing with

10. The Following User Says Thank You to kinzmet For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Hi , Developer VROOMIGoRealFast ,

I have two questions about weapon vanities.

1) I have an arcane weapon , Dragon Hunter staff which displays white circular glaring particle effect after charged firing.
    But after converting it into a Dragon Hunter staff vanity , can this vanity staff still display white circular glaring particle effect after charged firing ??

2) After converting the Dragon Hunter staff weapon into a Dragon vanity staff via Vanity weapon recipe , will the original Dragon Hunter staff still remains in my weapon inventory ? OR it will be gone after conversion to vanity staff ??

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mage blood View Post
    Hi , Developer VROOMIGoRealFast ,

I have two questions about weapon vanities.

1) I have an arcane weapon , Dragon Hunter staff which displays white circular glaring particle effect after charged firing.
    But after converting it into a Dragon Hunter staff vanity , can this vanity staff still display white circular glaring particle effect after charged firing ??

2) After converting the Dragon Hunter staff weapon into a Dragon vanity staff via Vanity weapon recipe , will the original Dragon Hunter staff still remains in my weapon inventory ? OR it will be gone after conversion to vanity staff ??
    1. Nope, a vanity is a vanity and stays a vanity.... Only your equipt weapon can proc.

2. Nope, it will be gone as soon as you craft it into a vanity

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Nvgd For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Wow. that's a fast reply from the community member. You seems knowing well with vanities. I salute you.

Your points have been taken. Sad that the particle effect and arcane weapon itself will be gone after conversion. Anyway , I am going to convert it. Yep.

Thanks buddy

15.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #11
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    337 Posts

Wow. that's a fast reply from the community member. You seems knowing well with vanities. I salute you.

Your points have been taken. Sad that the particle effect and arcane weapon itself will be gone after conversion. Anyway , I am going to convert it. Yep.

Thanks buddy
    To clarify for you: That white particle you see when charging the Dragon Hunter Staff is Consecrate and it increases the stats of your allies if they're standing in it. Having that on a vanity weapon would be too powerful to carry over =P
    | | | |

16. The Following User Says Thank You to VROOMIGoRealFast For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Hahaha, why not add Note 7 explosion skill

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

Thanks buddy
    Your welcome lol

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Thanks for your reply so but your phrase "Having that on a vanity weapon would be too powerful to carry over" , can you elaborate further by what do you mean that ? (Because i do not comprehend that phrase)

For Kershal Scepter arcane weapon staff....
    It has purple revolving flying purple bug effect so if once convert the Kershal Scepter arcane weapon into a Vanity staff , will the effect still be there on Kershal Scepter vanity staff ?
    Last edited by mage blood; 10-14-2016 at 01:43 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    146 Posts

Thanks for your reply so but your phrase "Having that on a vanity weapon would be too powerful to carry over" , can you elaborate further by what do you mean that ? (Because i do not comprehend that phrase)

For Kershal Scepter arcane weapon staff....
    It has purple revolving flying purple bug effect so if once convert the Kershal Scepter arcane weapon into a Vanity staff , will the effect still be there on Kershal Scepter vanity staff ?
    the white circular pattern from charged drag staff is a skill, cast by the staff. If you carry that over to the vanity staff, that means you are having an additional skill with your vanity, which makes it too powerful.

and yes kershal's glowing purple orb will still be there, as it is a visual effect, not a skill (like the white circle by the dragon staff)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by eugene9707 View Post
    the white circular pattern from charged drag staff is a skill, cast by the staff. If you carry that over to the vanity staff, that means you are having an additional skill with your vanity, which makes it too powerful.

and yes kershal's glowing purple orb will still be there, as it is a visual effect, not a skill (like the white circle by the dragon staff)
    Oh **** , i had bought Dragon Hunter arcane staff for $360,000.
    Before the purchase of arcane weapons , i was deciding whether to purchase Kershal scepter or Dragon Hunter staff. I bought Dragon Hunter as I thought Kershal Scepter vanity has no flying bug effect after conversion so I chose Dragon Hunter in the end.

I regretted purchasing the Dragon staff. Should have save $360,000 and accumulate more gold for Kershal Scepter costing $1,500,000 to $3,000,000 instead.
    I just saved $68,000 after purchase of Dragon staff... Will continue to save till million golds to purchase Kershal Scepter.

Thanks for sharing good details , comrade.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I didn't even know there were two slots... but hey, two staffs for mages sounds like a lot of fun