Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Revisiting PL for a new generation

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Here come the life lessons again. It is a game. Game need to be even in pvp at least.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

This 'i want to be dealt aces because i was first at the poker table' attitude is embarrassing to say the least. You can't handle other people being equal to you because you are already getting outplayed probably. Why stop at 3pc advantage? Why not give whoever has founders an 'i win' button? To use when things get rough...

Luminary Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    788 Posts

Ur funny Marika

Also Magic Sword rekt u m9

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Ssneakykills View Post
    Losing those 'cheaters' would mean you'd lose the small player base pl already has
    Lol real talk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,462 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Marika1 View Post
    Here come the life lessons again. It is a game. Game need to be even in pvp at least.
    Pl pvp hasnt been near even for years. Not sense founders, and it won't be even if they released a 3pc.
    Why ?
    "I only lost cuz I don't have founder stats *cry*
    -they re release founders helm-
    "I only lost cuz I don't have black dragon set bonus *cry*
    -They re release black dragon-
    "I only lost cuz I don't have human face stats *cry*
    -re release human faces -

Then the 71 pvpers start crying about elites not being fair
    Then the 66 start crying over angel sets while also wanting 3pc
    Ad nausium

They would have to re release everything to get near "fair pvp" and asking for that much code is asking for a major update followed by another update to fix the unintended bugs that always follow an update.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Let's not get ahead of ourselves and overthink this too much.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    783 Posts

Yeah but they aren't supporting this game with updates anymore so no they will gain nothing from balancing pvp now.

Because balancing pvp will make all those 20 people who still play throw money at the game rite

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ssneakykills View Post
    Yeah but they aren't supporting this game with updates anymore so no they will gain nothing from balancing pvp now.

Because balancing pvp will make all those 20 people who still play throw money at the game rite
    I don't know about the money part, probably not to be honest. But we will surely see a lot more new faces than the usual ones. If they really care about the game as they say, they could release the 3pc ring. It doesn't even have to be during a new level cap or new map.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    783 Posts

I don't know about the money part, probably not to be honest. But we will surely see a lot more new faces than the usual ones. If they really care about the game as they say, they could release the 3pc ring. It doesn't even have to be during a new level cap or new map.
    They don't make games for the hell of it ofc they make it to make money they've got families to feed the same as everyone else. Updates cost money and updating pl in the state it is would be a pointless thing to do. You think new players will stick around once they see what's written on forums? You think they will stay when 90% of maps they join are empty and the community is as toxic and unhelpful as it is? Plenty of games out there that aren't much better now in every aspect.

It's like using a flip phone when you have a iPhone 7 next to you

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Well i believe this game is great still and will be played for years to come. Adding small update to give 3pc ring to everyone would only help with that. Don't take chat too seriously in pvp, they're just happy they beat you.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    783 Posts

Well i believe this game is great still and will be played for years to come. Adding small update to give 3pc ring to everyone would only help with that. Don't take chat too seriously in pvp, they're just happy they beat you.
    You'll probably still be the only one playing in years to come still asking for a ring that hardly has a difference from the 2 piece ring.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    110 Posts

Well in my try to end this conversation i would say that just feel blessed for even having 2pc ring. It wouldn't been a thing if cinco did removed the ancient cavern pet. And before this last update, ppl used to fight against 2pc and 3pc and used to defeat them and some even said that they don't want to waste their time in earning the 300k Exp and earning the 2pc ring when they can defeat those who own them. When it doesn't make any significant advantage why would you complain about it? People used to defeat 3pc and they do defeat them now also, just find the method and you're better then all those 3pc owners.
    Ahead is your decision, Thanks for reading and have fun ingame!
    "Treat others like you want yourself to be treated, time will reflect your doing upon you someday..."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ignitedmage View Post
    Well in my try to end this conversation i would say that just feel blessed for even having 2pc ring. It wouldn't been a thing if cinco did removed the ancient cavern pet. And before this last update, ppl used to fight against 2pc and 3pc and used to defeat them and some even said that they don't want to waste their time in earning the 300k Exp and earning the 2pc ring when they can defeat those who own them. When it doesn't make any significant advantage why would you complain about it? People used to defeat 3pc and they do defeat them now also, just find the method and you're better then all those 3pc owners.
    Ahead is your decision, Thanks for reading and have fun ingame!
    Sure, because a 3pc ring = a dragon ring + a 2pc ring! That's why it's so powerful! Dragon ring adds damage and 2pc adds dodge/armor. What you are saying may have happened during fiery sets era, but i would like to see a dragon ring mage take on a 3pc mage now, with these sets.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    72 Posts

This 'i want to be dealt aces because i was first at the poker table' attitude is embarrassing to say the least. You can't handle other people being equal to you because you are already getting outplayed probably. Why stop at 3pc advantage? Why not give whoever has founders an 'i win' button? To use when things get rough...
    Yeah but the "everyone should be dealt aces" attitude is spot on! bad analogy

As long as we're whining about the games unfairness how about the entire luck based pvp now no elite ring the dodge and hit %'s are the decided factor basically everytime. who's gonna "land" a debuff first...
    or maybe the entire luck based drop system, bosses arent havent been a challenge for some time, prolonged farming has no guaranteed reward

maybe if we act like 3 year olds asking for food we'll get some content or maybe not since it was already announced that there are gonna be no new updates.

Give it up or start playing AL

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    147 Posts

This newgen would walk all over you oldgen (lel) if all things were equal. But i understand...it's scary! You need to maintain that 'skill' for as long as you can!
    Newgen still crying

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Sword View Post
    Yeah but the "everyone should be dealt aces" attitude is spot on! bad analogy

As long as we're whining about the games unfairness how about the entire luck based pvp now no elite ring the dodge and hit %'s are the decided factor basically everytime. who's gonna "land" a debuff first...
    or maybe the entire luck based drop system, bosses arent havent been a challenge for some time, prolonged farming has no guaranteed reward

maybe if we act like 3 year olds asking for food we'll get some content or maybe not since it was already announced that there are gonna be no new updates.

Give it up or start playing AL
    Everyone WILL get aces eventually no matter if they were first or last at the table. It's a mathematical certainty.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    110 Posts

Sure, because a 3pc ring = a dragon ring + a 2pc ring! That's why it's so powerful! Dragon ring adds damage and 2pc adds dodge/armor. What you are saying may have happened during fiery sets era, but i would like to see a dragon ring mage take on a 3pc mage now, with these sets.
    All i am trying to say is they are not invincible, they can be defeated, i know it will take alot from you when you'll be fighting 3pc dragon ring mage instead of a 2pc mage but still if you want to defeat them, then it is possible.
    By the way what you're trying to happen(removing 3pc ring or giving it to everybody) ain't gonna because i don't know how new you're to the game but ding dong the devs aren't going to change any single thing in the game, if they were being doing that, their might be alot of changes because you ain't the only one to ask "small" changes for the game.
    "Treat others like you want yourself to be treated, time will reflect your doing upon you someday..."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Well -- like Sue said, fixing all that stuff would require a major fix in the realm of "coding" and create more bugs to fix. That takes time, man hours, and money, which STS is not going to put into it because at the end of the day, they are a business. It's a moot point to discuss obtaining 3 piece rings anymore or bringing back old vanity items. And several others say that 3 piece can be defeated by 2 piece folks. It IS true. I've done it several times (and I'm not a PVP pro). It would be a better use of players' energy to discuss ways of keeping the game enticing or actually discussing ways to effectively beat 3 piece PVP players if you're so worried about it. Also, calling people "new gen" nowadays is meant just as much an insult as calling them "noobs" or "nubs." In fact, they are the ones who are keeping activity levels up in the game, whereas a huge number of the "old gens" have abandoned it. No reason to bring name-calling into discussion like that. Point is, the newer players just need to realize that they weren't playing the game 3, 4, 5, etc. years ago and it isn't reasonable or realistic to expect the same special items given in the past as rewards (for caps, events, bonuses, plat, etc.).

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    72 Posts

Everyone WILL get aces eventually no matter if they were first or last at the table. It's a mathematical certainty.
    Well then I supposed the first at the table should be dealt aces is a mathematical certainty so not sure why you were so upset about it earlier

Also pretty sure the longer you're at the table the higher your odds so mathematically oldest players have the highest chances at winning...

Good point

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Sword View Post
    Well then I supposed the first at the table should be dealt aces is a mathematical certainty so not sure why you were so upset about it earlier

Also pretty sure the longer you're at the table the higher your odds so mathematically oldest players have the highest chances at winning...

Good point
    LOL! This assumption is so wrong and made up it's funny!

@JustG There is drama because we are fans of the game.