Quote Originally Posted by Raulur View Post
Thanks for taking the time to collect the data and post the results. By any chance did you collect damage output data with the plat set? If so, how much damage and healing was lost?
I didn't, as I was only looking into weapon selection there, but now that that's been taken care of I should probably do that, too. But basically there shouldn't be anything special there. The only effect there come from stat changes and they're linear. So you can calculate the int difference and then multiply that with roughly 1/15.6 (iirc) and you'll get the weapon and skill damage (*) change, too.

(*) for empathy at least, as far as I'm concerned the stat based base damage to skill damage coefficient has been confirmed for empathy only. The others are high on my work list, so stay tuned.

My thinking behind the dex weapons giving better heals is simply the increased base damage they provide. I'm sure a math lover could deconstruct the data and find out the specific skill modifiers for each weapon type. Then we would know for sure.
It's not about love for maths, trust me, I am a physicist. It's just that the data collection is rather strenuous task. And I gave a somewhat solid go at balefort sewers time in PL, but the results were inconclusive because the weapon-type/weapon-speed had a really anomalous impact on the models with the data that I had. A lot more data would've been necessary.

Determining the invidiual skill modifiers, however, will be trivial. I've done that for PL a long time ago. It's the weapons damage -> extra skill damage equation that has been difficult in both games.