Thread: Low resolution faces...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Low resolution faces...

When I first played SL on the droid I noticed that when you zoom out away from your character, the face changes to a lower resolution face which makes sense but now I'm on my iPhone and noticed that the Face always appears low res no matter how close I zoom in. The only place I can view my character's
    Actual face, is in the avatar screen. This looks bad especially on female characters! It looks as if
    They are wearing too much makeup lol. Anyway it kinda annoying and I'm reluctant to purchase a platinum face for this reason!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I'm on an IPod touch, and it does the same thing to me. But the fact of the matter is, when people are looking at you, they will look at your avatar screen anyways. I've also noticed that when you zoom out the quality doesn't change, when you compare it to completely zoomed. I have come to deal with it, mainly because it's a mobile MMORPG and it's saves battery with lower quality graphics. Just keep that in mind.
    Lvl54 (Dextress) ZeUbermensch / Lvl26 (Dex Bird) Goddemigod / Lvl 23(Dex Bear) Rancorr / Lvl 22 (Pally) Shurpukishpu

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Well yeah but it's still ugly and if I'm gunna purchase a platinum face, I'd like to enjoy it in game as well as avatar
    Screen. This post was mainly to report bugs and other issues... It seemed valid. Anyway, if the camera was allowed to
    zoom in just a tiny bit more, the face would appear as normal. Here are some screens to show you what I'm seeing:

Notice the character next to mine... She is a tiny bit closer to the camera than it allows me to zoom and her face is
    normal. I'm not complaining, just reporting