Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Can we remove the aps from the 5,000 and 10,000 flag achievements?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    195 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by raw View Post
    I think this is disappointing. I think JustG's vision for this game doesn't align with your response, Carapace.

For the people who had to spend hundreds of hours grinding flags I am truly sorry, but this AP is extremely outdated. Some sort of recognition (much like the 100m - midas touch title) is in order
    Very disappointing indeed.

2.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #22
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,037 Posts

For the record, my vision does align with Carapace's response.
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Justg For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    195 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Justg View Post
    Maybe a new mini CTF map thats more accommodating of free flagging specifically can be added? Like you did with the new TDM map to accommodate noninterference from trulle.

Like a 1v1 race to see who can capture the most flags in the allotted time.
    Last edited by Perceval; 10-25-2016 at 03:32 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    783 Posts

It's funny when I played ctf in pocket legends we actually played the game type as it should and it was natural and weird to use a ctf map and not capture the flag. When I transitioned to arcane legends a few years ago it was so much different and I don't think I've ever played a proper ctf game in al when people actually played the objective.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ssneakykills For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts

Can you guys just add back the option that 2 people can hoard and score the flag in same time? Why was it removed actually?

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Lets flag in guildhall...no need to open rooms just go to gh and 2 persons can flag XD

once people get 10k flag aps they cant flag in gh anymore

P.S sounds stupid but i like it haha

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    59 Posts

2X flag event? 😃

Sent from my Lenovo P70-A using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

In the past I have started a few threads with various suggestions about this issue. Here are some ideas I'll repeat here:

1) I agree with Carapace that the flag APs should stay as they are. For the record, I do NOT yet have the 5k and 10k flag achievements.

2) Regarding the tiebreaker for the Top Players leaderboard, I agree that using PvE Kills as the tie breaker was never a good idea. Top Player should mean best player overall. APs come in all different categories including PvE, PvP, and even Merching and other such things. Therefore, I believe the tiebreaker should take into account many different stats.

STS already has done something similar to determine the Top Guids ranking, and I believe that formula takes into account many different statistics for each guild. So first they determine the top 50 guilds based on APs, and then they rank those 50 guilds based on this formula.

So similarly, they could determine the Top 25 players of each class, and then rank those Top 25 based on a similar kind of formula which takes into account PvE Kills, CTF Kills, TDM Kills, and Flags.

A very simple solution is to rank each of the Top 25 players in order from 1 to 25 in each of those 4 categories, with 1 being the best and 25 being the worst. Then take the average of those 4 rankings for each player -- let's call this the "Ranking Index". So a lower Ranking Index would indicate a better score.

Then when ranking the Top 25 players, they can use this Ranking Index as a tie breaker when 2 or more players have the same number of APs.

3) As for Capture The Flag (CTF), it is supposed to be a team game. The problem has always been that there are no team stats, so players never really cared who wins or loses the game and have always only been interested in personal stats.

So in the early days, players just used the CTF room to have clashes and few cared about the flags themselves. Now that there is a better map for clashes, nobody even goes in the CTF room.

The only way to encourage players to play CTF is to have some sort of stats and achievements for team results in CTF. I had previously suggested some sort of Wins & Losses stat for each player.

Alternatively, one could convert the current Flag count to mean Team Flags, meaning that if any player on your teams scores a flag, then everyone gets a +1 to their stat. That alone would not cause CTF to be played as intended. However, you could also add a new "Flags Against" stat which gets a +1 any time any member of the other team scores a flag. Now you would be encouraging players to try to stop flags from being scored against them, and this would indeed encourage team play and encourage CTF to be played as intended.
    Last edited by Energizeric; 10-25-2016 at 11:06 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    240 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Energizeric View Post
    So similarly, they could determine the Top 25 players of each class, and then rank those Top 25 based on a similar kind of formula which takes into account PvE Kills, CTF Kills, TDM Kills, and Flags.
    This will just make players dummy farm tbh.. Exact same as if there was an LB for CTF/TDM kills.

Quote Originally Posted by Energizeric View Post
    Alternatively, one could convert the current Flag count to mean Team Flags, meaning that if any player on your teams scores a flag, then everyone gets a +1 to their stat. That alone would not cause CTF to be played as intended. However, you could also add a new "Flags Against" stat which gets a +1 any time any member of the other team scores a flag. Now you would be encouraging players to try to stop flags from being scored against them, and this would indeed encourage team play and encourage CTF to be played as intended.
    This will make the APS way too easy to be achieved. Achievements shouldn't be things that can be easily done. They should be hard, require lot of time and dedication
    Last edited by Abuze; 10-26-2016 at 12:02 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    195 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Abuze View Post
    This will just make players dummy farm tbh.. Exact same as if there was an LB for CTF/TDM kills.

This will make the APS way too easy to be achieved. Achievements shouldn't be things that can be easily done. They should be hard, require lot of time and dedication
    I don't know what "lot of time and dedication" means to you personally but considering you achieved the lightbearer rank (55,000 points) in the time you did. I'd say you have too much time on your hands and don't represent the average player. A game shouldn't be a 2nd job for some people because they can barely find time for AL due to their actual job. These achievements need to be more representative of the entire player population of AL. They can be hard, yes. But not so ridiculous it becomes a 2nd job. That being said, the elite mob kill and boss kill APS are fine. Some of the flag APS just aren't.

We know its ridiculous because people aren't doing it right.

*New NFL competition:
    The player that scores 1,000,000 touchdowns in their career gets a special trophy. Since the touchdowns are counted by touch sensitive panels placed on both sides of the field, players sneak in after the games to keep continuously running across from one side of the field to another to put the ball down on the panels till they achieve 1,000,000 touchdowns.

Why aren't they just doing the touchdowns normally in a game situation you wonder? Because the rewarded task is not possible to achieve via game situations.

Welcome to AL.
    Last edited by Perceval; 10-26-2016 at 03:38 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    296 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Abuze View Post
    But using a second account to open rooms to flag with no opposition to defend is alright and doesn't make things too easy? That must be so hard and require so much dedication!
    - (un) Retired -

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hail For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    100 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Hail View Post
    But using a second account to open rooms to flag with no opposition to defend is alright and doesn't make things too easy? That must be so hard and require so much dedication!
    For me that way of flagging is like dummy farming it is an abuse which has to be prevented

Gesendet von meinem ASUS_Z00AD mit Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    36 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by intizamfamily888 View Post
    For me that way of flagging is like dummy farming it is an abuse which has to be prevented

Gesendet von meinem ASUS_Z00AD mit Tapatalk
    Ironically it's pretty much like dummy farming. Hence why the 5,000 and 10,000 flag aps are called ridiculous.
    Last edited by Breakingbadxx; 10-26-2016 at 05:41 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    114 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by raw View Post
    I think this is disappointing. I think JustG's vision for this game doesn't align with your response, Carapace.
    Quote Originally Posted by Justg View Post
    Found this funny

As for the topic, unless I'm getting it wrong, the reason you're suggesting this is because of the top players LB (right?).
    I... Don't pvp, so I can't really tell, but if flagging currently really is as hard as you say, in addition to the fact that people who flag would usually "free-flag" and not play CTF properly... I think it shouldn't be the only way to reach the LB. There doesn't have to be just one tie breaker, right?
    Would it be acceptable to have a really hard AP that could take the flag APs' place?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    350 Posts

When season 9 was ending Cinco said in chat box that pve kills are dumb. Imo Flag APs that aren't properly played in a ctf game but free flagged are the most dumb APs in this game. While farming pve kills I can level my pet, farm gold or items, improve on pulls and on time, but free flagging just for APs, opening rooms on alts, dummy flag or flag with friends, hmm nty. My 1k+ flags are from season II there used to be ctf games and I don't plan on free flagging.
    Btw when u compare pvp APs and pve kill APs it's kinda weird to just have 5k and 10k pve kill APs. I think when STS made these APs in early time, they just put the same numbers for pve and pvp without any future relation. Anyway to have or not to have the flag APs decides about being on top player lb (at least rogue).
    And I agree with Sneaky about pl ctf, a huge difference to al ctf. I used to play and enjoy pl ctf a lot and it was a real capture the flag!

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Faliziaga For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    203 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    What most people don't understand is the people who got the APs got them during a time where it wasn't so difficult to flag. By that, I mean, they could earn 70+ flags per hour.
    The most ive flagged is 190-250 in 10+ hours.. That was free flag/being chased by enemy guild and clash in between also pvp 2013 2014 and early 2015 was where pvp 10 11 12 13 14 is at its peak.
    Kronos Divine Guild Development PICS HERE -- PVP VIDS HERE AL Retiree

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    118 Posts

The main problem with Flag APs is that there is no legit way to do those. There is CTF map (which indeed was never rly played as CTF) that is completely extinct, you ain't find a single player in there most of the times. As a result you can't flag doin CTF but you can just get flags using several accounts (cheating?!?!? sense?) or "flag-friends" doing the same job as the other accounts would. I hardly can see any sense in those APs nowadays. So if i have to choose the more dumb thing out of Flag-APs or PVE Kill leaderboard, I'd choose Flag-APs. (Faliziaga told a few reasons; but also I know a rogue that was ranked pretty high on PVE Kills LB all the seasons she played without using a bot or cheating in any other way a single time)

To be honest those players who took their time to get those stupid flag APs by exploiting the CTF map (I call it exploit because getting flags without playing CTF is ..idk how you wanna call it) already had their spot on LB due to those APs and got their banners. Even PVE Kills are better for Top Player ranking than those flag APs. A player who has Flag APs (which has nothing to do with skill or something) can still use PvE kills farming bot to get even higher so thats not an argument. Seems to me that sts keeps flag APs for ranking on Top Player LB, thinking bot problem is solved that way. I just say NO, only way to solve bot problem is checking the accounts on LB for such activity.
    IDK if sts really wants us to skip one month playing content to exploit CTF map for flag APs.
    We need party-option for raid! :P

22. The Following User Says Thank You to stricker20000 For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    237 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by avikk View Post
    Here I was thinking no more class lb banners would be awarded...

Pretty sure Cinco once told me they will bee going for a time when timed run banners R only the seasonal banners.
    Yes that would be great. He top player leaderboard should be taken out entirely. It is a gross misrepresentation of who the top players really are. Half of the players on that leaderboard are just people mindlessly farming PvE kills with no actual PvE skill, leave alone PvP skill.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    195 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kingofninjas View Post
    Yes that would be great. He top player leaderboard should be taken out entirely. It is a gross misrepresentation of who the top players really are. Half of the players on that leaderboard are just people mindlessly farming PvE kills with no actual PvE skill, leave alone PvP skill.
    You forgot macros and scripting.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

Why wanna remove some player dedication and hard work even if he/she opened up the room himself? Its a super boring aps and the one who did this is just crazy af! I totally respect the ppl who spent their times and did this over and over again. If you want the same results and maybe you should do that other than "jealous" of some people achievements.

Sent from my HM NOTE 1W using Tapatalk

26. The Following User Says Thank You to seraneyla For This Useful Post:

Yes