Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Can we remove the aps from the 5,000 and 10,000 flag achievements?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    195 Posts

Default Can we remove the aps from the 5,000 and 10,000 flag achievements?

They just seem too much considering they were intended to be done under combat conditions. I think the others up to 1,000 flags granting aps is fine.

Those that gained 5,000 and 10,000 flags can instead be rewarded titles or something.

To save space for another thread - On the top player leaderboard, PvE kills are used as a tie breaker. Since the PvE kills leaderboard was removed because it was prone to cheating..can something else be used as a tie breaker? Its almost like the top player leaderboard is: work hard to gather aps --> cheat to gain a top spot.
    Last edited by Perceval; 10-24-2016 at 10:58 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    270 Posts

You have answer for second question in first request if you look into it. Flags are breaker most of time. Yea i don't mind removing them also. I gave up on lb cause of this and now lack of time
    You got Any ideas for " breaker"? Like maybe somberholt ranks?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    195 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by resurrected View Post
    You have answer for second question in first request if you look into it. Flags are breaker most of time. Yea i don't mind removing them also. I gave up on lb cause of this and now lack of time
    You got Any ideas for " breaker"? Like maybe somberholt ranks?
    I'll have a think about tie breakers. Thanks for your input. Any ideas on new tie breakers are welcome folks.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    270 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Perceval View Post
    I'll have a think about tie breakers. Thanks for your input. Any ideas on new tie breakers are welcome folks.
    As i said in previous post i thought about new ranks ( advocate , lightbearer and so on ) make it 50 aps per rank or so wouldn't be bad for lb. People grind it anyway

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    541 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by resurrected View Post
    As i said in previous post i thought about new ranks ( advocate , lightbearer and so on ) make it 50 aps per rank or so wouldn't be bad for lb. People grind it anyway
    Isn't it already that way?
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    270 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Visiting View Post
    Isn't it already that way?
    Damn I'm outdated then. Didn't knew its on APS. Forget

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts

Why need to remove achievement 10k flag.. its easy LOL..
    Or better you remove Arcane Legend from ur phone cuz this games not for you.. Hehe :P

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    203 Posts

Others did it and got those ap so theyre on "top player".

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    195 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Yes View Post
    Or better you remove Arcane Legend from ur phone cuz this games not for you.. Hehe :P
    That joke was almost as original as your ign when comparing it to new ign's.

Quote Originally Posted by epicrrr View Post
    Others did it and got those ap so theyre on "top player".
    Most did it at a time where CTF was extremely active. Its been dead since the 56 cap. I'm asking for change with the times.

Its not even done as it was intended. People just flag freely. This was intended to be done during combat so its pretty ridiculous.

Its not like the people who gained 5,000 and 10,000 flags shouldn't still be rewarded for their achievements.
    Last edited by Perceval; 10-25-2016 at 03:35 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    296 Posts

Because people have commitments outside of the game and don't have the 2-3 hours in a day, every day of the week, to pointlessly move flags from A to B and back...
    - (un) Retired -

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Hail For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    783 Posts

Easy if you bot it aye

Not everyone has as much time on their hands as you some of us have work and don't want to come home and slave away for a pixel banner. Personally I don't find any banners impressive except timed runs and those very few legit pve banners.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    240 Posts

This has already been discussed multiple times. Same comments every single time. Achievements aren't things that should be easy. They require time and dedication. If you want to be on Top Players LB flags APS are required. Not because those that don't have enough time or find flagging silly, STS should remove it, no. If you trully want to accomplish something you work hard for it to achieve it. Not because you might not want to work, put effort in these APS they have to be removed. No no.
    Last edited by Abuze; 10-25-2016 at 09:55 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

What most people don't understand is the people who got the APs got them during a time where it wasn't so difficult to flag. By that, I mean, they could earn 70+ flags per hour.
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts

My friend is using 2 devices (2 chars) to open rooms for himself to reach 10k flags aps. Maniacally sitting there for hours sometimes, he already did 1k flags in 1 week (around 9k now) so it's all about if you are lazy or not. Up to you to run or not -> It has to be comptetitive.
    Btw. you don't need 10k flags APS to get on Top Player Lb

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    195 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Abuze View Post
    This has already been discussed multiple times. Same comments every single time. Achievements aren't things that should be easy. They require time and dedication. If you want to be on Top Players LB flags APS are required. Not because those that don't have enough time or find flagging silly, STS should remove it, no. If you trully want to accomplish something you work hard for it to achieve it. Not because you might not want to work, put effort in these APS they have to be removed. No no.
    Maybe a developer can just confirm this by telling us if the flag aps were intended to be achieved via (non-combat, peaceful, non PvP) free-flagging.

Its not a case of no "time", no "dedication", finding "flagging silly" and laziness. its the case of: who actually gained 5,000 or 10,000 flags while in a legit PvP situation?

Quote Originally Posted by Twerk View Post
    My friend is using 2 devices (2 chars) to open rooms for himself to reach 10k flags aps. Maniacally sitting there for hours sometimes, he already did 1k flags in 1 week (around 9k now) so it's all about if you are lazy or not. Up to you to run or not -> It has to be comptetitive.
    Btw. you don't need 10k flags APS to get on Top Player Lb
    So your friend is flagging the way it was intended correct?

My thoughts exactly:
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    What most people don't understand is the people who got the APs got them during a time where it wasn't so difficult to flag. By that, I mean, they could earn 70+ flags per hour.
    Last edited by Perceval; 10-25-2016 at 11:11 AM.

17.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #16
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    875 Posts

Hey guys,

Just want to chime in here on our stance on this one. It's true that the game has changed over time and though it may be a high number by today's standard we won't be changing it. The primary reason is because the achievement has been earned by many many players and any reduction in requirements to it would be a disservice to players that have spent the time to earn it.
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Carapace For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    195 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Carapace View Post
    Hey guys,

Just want to chime in here on our stance on this one. It's true that the game has changed over time and though it may be a high number by today's standard we won't be changing it. The primary reason is because the achievement has been earned by many many players and any reduction in requirements to it would be a disservice to players that have spent the time to earn it.
    Seems fair enough. BUT:

Maybe revert flagging back to the 2 people can hold 2 flags at the same time system since these many many players got all the/the majority of the flag aps during that time? its better than just leaving it the way it is now.

If its the case of not changing the aps themselves. How about giving us all an equal chance to get them?
    Last edited by Perceval; 10-25-2016 at 11:39 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    270 Posts

Hey guys,

Adding new flag based map as CTF could help here. I got also idea about add flag option to Guild Battleground. Not kill based but one who get more flags after 15 minutes ( or longer amount of time ) wins.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to resurrected For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    97 Posts

Hey guys,

I think this is disappointing. I think JustG's vision for this game doesn't align with your response, Carapace.

For the people who had to spend hundreds of hours grinding flags I am truly sorry, but this AP is extremely outdated. Some sort of recognition (much like the 100m - midas touch title) is in order

23. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to raw For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    783 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by raw View Post
    I think this is disappointing. I think JustG's vision for this game doesn't align with your response, Carapace.

For the people who had to spend hundreds of hours grinding flags I am truly sorry, but this AP is extremely outdated. Some sort of recognition (much like the 100m - midas touch title) is in order
    Coudnt of said it better myself