Thread: Vanity Set Availability

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Cool Vanity Set Availability

There is a clear pvp advantage with the introduction of a set bonus for two vanity items. Ultimately 50 health, 10 Armor and 5 Dodge is a difference that could easily mean the difference between a win or a loss again and again.

I started playing around July 1st 2011 and hit 55 about a week before nuri's came out. I was almost 1/3rd through the level to 56. At the present time I am really bummed that there is no opportunity to make up the difference in stats for granted because of a discontinued item for pvp's sake. I have no desire to buy leetness for vanity's sake but the stats added tip the scales too much.

A few possible solutions: (Hated or revered as they may be.)

1- Sell the COP as part of the deal of the day for between 20 - 100 platinum.
    2- Make it an award for a long grindy difficult quest line. (Think cyber quests)
    3- Disable all vanity stat boosts for pvp only, including faces, helms, and shields.

I would think 1 to be most likely based on potential income for sts. 2 seems to be the most fair for all involved parties. 3 seems the least likely because of the income it could potentially lose for sts. Where ever possible I am sure they are encouraging not discouraging plat use. I personally would be fine with any of the three and I am sure there are other good suggestions out there.

Please no flaming, I realized there is a considerable amount of animosity towards the deal of the day and making certain rare items more commonly available. No need to emphasize the negativity or bring up things like the Founder's helm. Instead of flaming please share a way to balance the playing field in pvp which is the ultimate issue in my mind.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    41 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by coldwill View Post

1- Sell the COP as part of the deal of the day for between 20 - 100 platinum.
    2- Make it an award for a long grindy difficult quest line. (Think cyber quests)
    3- Disable all vanity stat boosts for pvp only, including faces, helms, and shields.
    I hope it never comes out for the Deal of the Day where you can just buy a discontinued item where other players had to spend weeks maybe even months to get and the other two r "ok"
    Last edited by Cytokinesis; 09-23-2011 at 06:51 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

I read from were it says you played since July 1st.. But I got from 1-55 in a week xD I went zombie for a week in July I believe
    Nourish 36 Engineer | Glu 36 Commando | Tacticz 36 Operative

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Why cant ppl just leave it alone? In pvp most people level 61 don't rush so just avoid them if your gonna complain about them having better stuff then you.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

I'm not sure why players perceive this move as unfair or such. Players that got to 56 spent gold/time to get there didn't they? We didn't know what was in store for us at 56 either, we just wanted to get there. We didn't know that this vanity set would be made, we didn't even know there would be a COP, but we got what we worked for in the end.

Anyway, don't mean to judge your suggestion, everyone is entitled to their opinion. I'll try to respond to your suggestions.

1. Highly controversial, IMO. This would shift the argument from being in-game attainable and work-based to rewarding players that can spend plat only.

2. Everyone would have them, despite not being qualified for being 'Elite' or 'Hardcore' when the cap was 56.

3. Possible, but I think the main reason for the faces/stats from vanity is PvP more than anything.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    140 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cytokinesis View Post
    I hope it never comes out for the Deal of the Day where you can just buy a discontinued item where other players had to spend weeks maybe even months to get and the other two r "ok"
    +1

That would make getting the elite levels absolutely meaningless if they could simply be bought for platinum.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

dont understand? they changed the status and functionality of the CoP. did u grind to 56 for a vanity helm? hmmmm?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    41 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by superrolltop View Post
    did u grind to 56 for a vanity helm? hmmmm?
    yes :P