Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Should Glowstik's aa remove the curse?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    459 Posts

Isn't the reflection of a dot attack a dot attack again? And with that fact the curse skill is capable of dot? Just saying, the discussion shouldn't be about the definition but about wether it is a balance breaker.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ardbeg For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ardbeg View Post
    Isn't the reflection of a dot attack a dot attack again? And with that fact the curse skill is capable of dot? Just saying, the discussion shouldn't be about the definition but about wether it is a balance breaker.
    Op ask if glowsticks aa that removes dot should remove curse. In my opinion its a reflect spell, so it shouldnt...sorry if you invested mils in a pet but if its bugged its bugged.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    83 Posts

Nilbog has dot immunity and it removes curse
    76 Lethoiun 71 Hymns 58 Selfocracy
    "Even the smallest person can change the course of the future." J.R.R Tolkien

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Lethoiun View Post
    Nilbog has dot immunity and it removes curse
    Removes debuffs as well. Reflect spells would fall under that category.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    83 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by creeepycreeepy View Post
    Removes debuffs as well. Reflect spells would fall under that category.
    Ah forgot about that
    76 Lethoiun 71 Hymns 58 Selfocracy
    "Even the smallest person can change the course of the future." J.R.R Tolkien

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    190 Posts

Nerf coming soon.

Sent from my Lenovo A7000-a using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    459 Posts

Op ask if glowsticks aa that removes dot should remove curse. In my opinion its a reflect spell, so it shouldnt...sorry if you invested mils in a pet but if its bugged its bugged.
    I could not care less about pvp adjustments, as long as pve is untouched. With the curse mage in the new maps imho it's obvious Glowsticks aa is designed exactly for what it does.
    We get a nerf/buff thread for every new high profile pet almost immediately on release and all i am asking is taking time to adapt and see if Glowtick also shows a weakness for his strenghts before the nerf threads go up. And since damage over time clearly is contained in the range of damage types Glowstick can deliver, the definition of dot is not the best case to build an argument for the pet.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    114 Posts

if its bugged its bugged.
    I'm really sorry I'm going off topic, but it's bitter and funny how almost no one said that about Fenris.

Back on topic, here's my opinion:
    DOT means damage over time, and you could consider curse a DOT... But I think the fact that DOT is mostly used to describe "constant damage over time" should override that. It's not the first time the meaning of a word (well... Acronym in this case) has shifted its meaning, right? Maybe it should remove reflected DOT (cursed player uses Fireball, only the initial impact is reflected)... Although tbh that sounds a bit too complex.
    I don't know if I'm wrong, I don't have nearly as much experience in games as some do, but that's the impression I got.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    459 Posts

I could not care less about pvp adjustments, as long as pve is untouched. And with the curse mage in the new maps i think Glowsticks aa is doing exactly what it is designed for.

We have nerf/buff threads for every new high profile pet almost immediately after release, all i am asking is taking the time to find out if there are also weaknesses for Glowsticks strenghts and adapt before asking for a nerf. And since damage over time clearly is contained in the damage types Glowstick can return, the pure definition of dot and the usually very short description on the pet are not the best arguments to build a case for the nerf.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Ardbeg For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts

the curse from bosses such as the first boss of orc maps and the one from graveyard is not working properly cause it should work like reflected so if you just stand there without attacking or pressing skills you should not recieve any sort of damage instead it drains health like it's juice.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    222 Posts

In PVE is fine glowstik should be the same as it is .. in pvp it destroy a mage's skill which deem useless and hardly anyone uses it now.... Dev should check the sorcerer's curse in line with the PVE mobs boss curse in the new map that deal the same damage and reflect damage.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    478 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by will0 View Post
    In PVE is fine glowstik should be the same as it is .. in pvp it destroy a mage's skill which deem useless and hardly anyone uses it now.... Dev should check the sorcerer's curse in line with the PVE mobs boss curse in the new map that deal the same damage and reflect damage.
    The issues with the sorceror's curse skill are that
    1. The amount of damage returned to the cursed target does not scale appropriately to the damage dealt to the sorceror.
    2. The cap on the amount of returned damage to the cursed target makes it useless vs skills with high damage on a single hit (yes I'm talking about aimed shot).

Either increase the cap on damage returned or increase the amplification factor on the damage returned, and curse could be more useful again. It could be done in a small adjustment like the way razor shield was slightly buffed (even though not many people use it still). Could not only restore the relevance of the skill in PvP, but in PvE as well. It would be nice to see an effective PvE mage build with curse.
    Why do we fall? So that we can rise again.

15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Safiras For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    377 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Volt View Post
    I agree! Let's make you somewhat useful for once!
    Dunno why u are so nasty to me now but u need to sit down lil kid.go make more youtube videos so u can be relevant. =]

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    105 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Safiras View Post
    The issues with the sorceror's curse skill are that
    1. The amount of damage returned to the cursed target does not scale appropriately to the damage dealt to the sorceror.
    2. The cap on the amount of returned damage to the cursed target makes it useless vs skills with high damage on a single hit (yes I'm talking about aimed shot).

Either increase the cap on damage returned or increase the amplification factor on the damage returned, and curse could be more useful again. It could be done in a small adjustment like the way razor shield was slightly buffed (even though not many people use it still). Could not only restore the relevance of the skill in PvP, but in PvE as well. It would be nice to see an effective PvE mage build with curse.

This.

Curse should reflect different amount of dmg based on intake dmg, not just same dmg for all.

Back to the topic,
    If glow is working as intended, hope dev fix curse skill more effective at least.
    Last edited by Excuses; 11-01-2016 at 09:16 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    87 Posts

From what I see is the curse from bosses and mobs is completely different from the skill curse.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    237 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ardbeg View Post
    I could not care less about pvp adjustments, as long as pve is untouched. And with the curse mage in the new maps i think Glowsticks aa is doing exactly what it is designed for.

We have nerf/buff threads for every new high profile pet almost immediately after release, all i am asking is taking the time to find out if there are also weaknesses for Glowsticks strenghts and adapt before asking for a nerf. And since damage over time clearly is contained in the damage types Glowstick can return, the pure definition of dot and the usually very short description on the pet are not the best arguments to build a case for the nerf.
    From my experience, the curse in graveyard maps seems to be one giant burst of damage and not really dot. I have never survived past the initial blast to confirm this or not, but if it is one burst, I don't think glow sticks AA should remove it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,353 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kingofninjas View Post
    From my experience, the curse in graveyard maps seems to be one giant burst of damage and not really dot. I have never survived past the initial blast to confirm this or not, but if it is one burst, I don't think glow sticks AA should remove it.
    IMO it works like the description of the mage's curse in skills. I have been fortunate to survive it (thanks team!). Lol, and why would you want glow's aa of removing curse nerfed when it helps us ALL survive???
    Avy
    12-2012

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    190 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Avaree View Post
    IMO it works like the description of the mage's curse in skills. I have been fortunate to survive it (thanks team!). Lol, and why would you want glow's aa of removing curse nerfed when it helps us ALL survive???
    Clearly they want the nerf for pvp not pve as usual really.

Last edited by nightmaresmoke; 11-01-2016 at 01:39 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by nightmaresmoke View Post
    Clearly they want the nerf for pvp not pve as usual really.

Can you finally leave my thread? Stop bragging about NERFING, people like you are just annoying. No one wants to nerf anything dude, I want to get clarified information. Quit being a jerk.

23. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Twerk For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,353 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Twerk View Post
    Can you finally leave my thread? Stop bragging about NERFING, people like you are just annoying. No one wants to nerf anything dude, I want to get clarified information. Quit being a jerk.
    I don't see where your above comments fit, but I do see that the devs commented on many threads but this one. Maybe this says something about your original question in op, maybe glowstik performs the way he should. Have you pm'd a dev directly? Try that instead of insulting another forumer
    Avy
    12-2012

25. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Avaree For This Useful Post: