Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Curse of Undead Mages at new map

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Post Curse of Undead Mages at new map

Curse of Undead Mages at new map is so strong that i bet even voice of the order set will not survive once the curse is inflicted on a class.I am a solid tank warrior and when i have the curse and i use juggernaut skill my ally rogue friends can one shot me by attacking the undead mage at graveyard.Horn of renew skill can protect me for 3 seconds but those 3 seconds are not always enough.I think damage of curse reflect damage should be nerfed in case of undead mages or at least there should be a warning when the undead mage is about to apply curse.For example:there is a warning when undead rogue archers are about to use aim shot.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to TheSandWarrior For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    190 Posts

You want it easy so what's the point of this expansion then? Tip the mages only use curse when players are in close range so don't blindly go straight wait for rouges and mages to deal with them if your the tank do your tanking job properly if your mage or rogue do your job too.

Sent from my Lenovo A7000-a using Tapatalk

4. The Following User Says Thank You to nightmaresmoke For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts

Yup, +1 for this. Warning Sign is necessary bcz the dmg was insanely too OP.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Very much agree to your opinion, they should make an indication on top of the mage to make it clear to players.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    139 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TheSandWarrior View Post
    Curse of Undead Mages at new map is so strong that i bet even voice of the order set will not survive once the curse is inflicted on a class.I am a solid tank warrior and when i have the curse and i use juggernaut skill my ally rogue friends can one shot me by attacking the undead mage at graveyard.Horn of renew skill can protect me for 3 seconds but those 3 seconds are not always enough.I think damage of curse reflect damage should be nerfed in case of undead mages or at least there should be a warning when the undead mage is about to apply curse.For example:there is a warning when undead rogue archers are about to use aim shot.
    I have no problem with the curse
    -I'm a mage

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    229 Posts

Notice how you get a warning for you have been targeted by "aimed shot"

You get hit and your sleeping with the fishies but at least there is a warning for that...

So why not one for the OP mage very good point BIG +1

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    328 Posts

need warning, yes... alpha wolf, planar tomb 2 boss, pakuna, korghar, and krax give us warning before they do curse/reflecting damage, and they are bosses, not a mob like these undead sorcerers. no way a single mob should be stronger than a boss/miniboss

and out of all, korghar is the fairest, because any dot dealt before he start reflecting doesn't reflected back to players
    always milking, no service
    AL IGN: Extrapayah/Extraparah/Extrajelek
    Support Shared Pet Stable Please!

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to extrapayah For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    350 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by extrapayah View Post
    need warning, yes... alpha wolf, planar tomb 2 boss, pakuna, korghar, and krax give us warning before they do curse/reflecting damage, and they are bosses, not a mob like these undead sorcerers. no way a single mob should be stronger than a boss/miniboss

and out of all, korghar is the fairest, because any dot dealt before he start reflecting doesn't reflected back to players
    This. Mage mobs are stronger and more dangerous than bosses, especially since they are of the same (no) color as the other mobs and they are able to wipe out 1-3 players or the whole team when there are several grouped mages or sidely standing and getting easily aggroed. Moreover mages run and hide behind other mobs thus are difficult to target, this combined with the huge damage debuff of the female mages' towers and the narrow and crowded paths in Mausoleum it is pure luck based. Also mages curse sometimes insta kills even before any cloud appears. I've been mostly using nilbog aa and paying much attention for my team in these dangerous areas and it sometimes is not possible to press my pet's aa before someone suddenly dies (sometimes also the aa has no effect I guess it's because the pet/player is out of range).
    So with a team of at least two rogues that know what they are doing Graveyard mages should be no problem whereas in Mausoleum where is no place to kite it is unpredictable and too luck based. Also when you have finally found a miniboss and the room is crowded with mobs . . . sorry other topic.

Posting this for future stages.
    Last edited by Faliziaga; 11-01-2016 at 09:18 AM.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Faliziaga For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    138 Posts

Yes this guy is too op. He can wipeout a whole pt.

Mages just fireball his boney a$$ and ice the mobs. Simples.

As a rogue I've learnt to strategically fight him. I don't rush in to kill him now - my kdr is destroyed T.T

Instead I look out for this sucka and fight him from a distance. Now if you're a tank and you see this guy in close proximity just hit horn, that 2 second invincibility can help us immensely.

Affordable pets that do good in graveyard are Slink, Breeze and Nilbog. Save the AA for the mob with Mage.

Thank you,

Signed : The rogue with the terrible kdr
    You want mana? Here have a BANANA

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,353 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Terminhater View Post
    Yes this guy is too op. He can wipeout a whole pt.

Mages just fireball his boney a$$ and ice the mobs. Simples.

As a rogue I've learnt to strategically fight him. I don't rush in to kill him now - my kdr is destroyed T.T

Instead I look out for this sucka and fight him from a distance. Now if you're a tank and you see this guy in close proximity just hit horn, that 2 second invincibility can help us immensely.

Affordable pets that do good in graveyard are Slink, Breeze and Nilbog. Save the AA for the mob with Mage.

Thank you,

Signed : The rogue with the terrible kdr
    good strategy! out of thanks

One thing that one needs to look at is their team mechanics. A full class party is best for these maps: a warrior who knows his skills, for instance SM with the upgrade of quaking earth, (although its only a 25% chance to stun for 3 secs), I see that skill stunning a lot of these pesky mages. If the SM q.e. fails to stun, the mage(s) are backing up the team with a charged FB, during this time the party usually receive a protective shield that stops all incoming damage for 2 secs from the tank, along with a pet that gives d.o.t immunity while the rogue(s) take out the worst of the evils first. (yes other skills are just as vital in these maps, from all classes.)
    Yes I have ran with randoms in these maps to see if I was missing something, all rogue, all mage one rogue, two tanks one rogue. I see no reason why there is all this fuss over the skelie mages.
    (I use the haste set on all maps.)

Enjoy the game
    Last edited by Avaree; 11-01-2016 at 11:48 AM.
    Avy
    12-2012

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Avaree For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    146 Posts

First and foremost, the mage mob was already nerfed twice. Once to decrease their damage and second to fix the curse ignoring armor.

Thing is, the mages aren't that bad if you pay attention (to identify them) and know what you are doing (stun them or keep your distance)

The cast area for the curse is relatively small, as long as you are out of melee range that won't and can't curse you. Imo, as a tank, you should just leave the mages be (as they won't go into melee range by itself to curse you), and tank the rest of the mobs, and let the mages/rogues deal with those mages with their ranged attacks.

You can also have them stunned (see avaree's post) and then kill them fast, but this might be less feasible as we explore to the deeper mausoleum. You can also get skill/pets that removes debuff (gale mastery for mages, and nilbog's aa etc.) since curse counts as a debuff.

It's not that hard imo, it actually makes the game more involved and interesting instead of just run in and kill everything by smashing buttons blindly.

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to eugene9707 For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,353 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by eugene9707 View Post
    First and foremost, the mage mob was already nerfed twice. Once to decrease their damage and second to fix the curse ignoring armor.

Thing is, the mages aren't that bad if you pay attention (to identify them) and know what you are doing (stun them or keep your distance)

The cast area for the curse is relatively small, as long as you are out of melee range that won't and can't curse you. Imo, as a tank, you should just leave the mages be (as they won't go into melee range by itself to curse you), and tank the rest of the mobs, and let the mages/rogues deal with those mages with their ranged attacks.

You can also have them stunned (see avaree's post) and then kill them fast, but this might be less feasible as we explore to the deeper mausoleum. You can also get skill/pets that removes debuff (gale mastery for mages, and nilbog's aa etc.) since curse counts as a debuff.

It's not that hard imo, it actually makes the game more involved and interesting instead of just run in and kill everything by smashing buttons blindly.
    +1 Well said on all accounts,
    #outofthanks
    Avy
    12-2012

19.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #13
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    875 Posts

there should be a cloud of rain over the afflicted person for the duration of the curse, is this not visible?
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Carapace View Post
    there should be a cloud of rain over the afflicted person for the duration of the curse, is this not visible?
    it is visible cara

Wysłane z mojego SM-A500FU przy użyciu Tapatalka

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    138 Posts

@Carapace, Can you make this cloud look more like a thunder storm or have a giant pink neon light flashing over the mages head saying 'HERE HE IS!'. I'm blind as a bat.

@Avaree, thank you for you're very informative posts which I have read diligently. Hence my use of slink, I personally would've never thought of using this bloated worm, I was more than happy with breeze but you have to time your AA with this pet to ensure it has cooled down for the curse mage pt.

P.S some real good info in this thread, I like it on a personal note, I have used the many guides within this forum to enhance and better my gameplay over the past year or two. I would like to thank Phoenix Guild GM Serancha, Chivalrous Union GM Avaree and Elite Runners GM King Martin especially for the amazing rogue guides by Kalizzaa, and last but not least Zeus's guide on rogues hint and tips thingy he done.

Now you know the secret of my awesomeness, I've learnt from reading posts of the above mentioned.
    Last edited by Terminhater; 11-01-2016 at 05:44 PM.

22. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Terminhater For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    784 Posts

The problem with the mages, especially when you run the graveyard in a PUG, is that they are small and many times, difficult to identify. When a tank gathers up mobs (i.e., doing his/her job), sometimes these little buggers sneak into areas unnoticed and lay down a curse that can be devastating. As a trap/nox rogue, curse at any point means instant death. Yes, I see the raincloud over my head...but by then, it's too late, and I'm already dead.

How about we give them flashing neon lights so they don't get lost in the crowd?

AL: Kalizzaa
    Retired Officer of <Elite Runners>
    Elite Chronicles: Solo guides for elite maps - No longer maintained

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,462 Posts

Sometimes it is not, the cloud is bone colored against a mob of skeletons on top of a tan background.
    It's like looking for Waldo standing on a pile of candy canes and barber poles.

25. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Suentous PO For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    33 Posts

Curse of undead mages sounds cool for the expansion name.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    138 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by GoodSyntax View Post
    .......How about we give them flashing neon lights so they don't get lost in the crowd?
    Great minds think alike

@Carapace,

I'm currently a dagger rogue (L46 Arc. Daggers) I got these things cos of the 35% armour debuff and crazy stun. So I see a tank pull, now I go into this melee doing auto-attacks trying to proc, all of a sudden amongst the mess of FX, lag, mostly lag, I'm dead!

That stupid curse mage was in the mob pull and you couldn't even see him or sometimes even the pillock sneaks in. I'm also a trap laying rogue too, so everytime he is hidden within a mob or sneaks his tiny boney self in, I'm lying flat on my back admiring the night sky and staring at all the wonderful constellations. Hey! Is that Ursa Major woot! I guess I better get up and join the others then -_-

That cloud is too little too late. It's like this....Oh look a cloud...DEAD!

P.S Ok I think I got this..... When this curse mage is heading towards us or amongst us, put a pink cloud above our heads (like a warning sign). When he's about to curse then turn it blue and give that guy an aura.
    Last edited by Terminhater; 11-01-2016 at 11:45 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    46 Posts

It's not that hard, its just challenging. What I do is that when I see a dark cloud on me I immediately stop attacking, that prevents curse from damaging and killing me, and when the cloud is gone.. Hit and hit xD

About the cloud they just need to make it bigger in order for it to be noticed more easily.