Thread: I have a good idea!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default I have a good idea!

Well as we all know the crown of persistence is not availble any longer and now we can only get the new shield at the max lvl cap.... BUT what if when you reach the lvl cap you get to choose which item you would like for example if you get to lvl 61 now and you didnt get the crown of persistence at the previous lvl cap you can choose to either get the crown of persistence or the new shield.... BUT you can only choose one and you must choose wisely because once you choose one you cannot get the other. I am saying this idea because many ppl really want the crown of persistence because for some reason they were not able to reach the lvl 56 cap so now they get the chance to either choose to get the crown or the shield.... BTW my character is a bird and i really have no reason holding a shield -__- and i would really rather have the crown because birds usually dont use shields.... PLEASE take this idea into consideration devs

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

I like the idea, probably won't get accepted but oh well
    Nourish 36 Engineer | Glu 36 Commando | Tacticz 36 Operative

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

bump

Tournament & Ladder Leader Silentarrow's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    66 Posts

I don't like this idea, people worked hard for specific vanities that they can show off in the future. Wouldn't it be cool to say I got the first elite vanity ever made in a couple of years from now?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

As with some other items in the game.. it's not designed so that everyone can have it. Thats what makes it special. It's gone and won't be coming back by the sound of it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    160 Posts

You have it wrong.... People don't want the COP..... they want and are complaining about the vanity set bonus that they can get now because they didn't think it was worth getting the Crown the first time around.....lol

That's why I still stand behind my idea as the best solutin ever (ofcourse now vanity COP can't be stashed)

Quote Originally Posted by TANKKAAR View Post
    Having 3 crowns myself IDC what happens really.... IMO whats done is done and people that had the chance to get the COP should have made the extra effort to get it! People that didnt have the chance.... honestly when it comes down to it, LIFE GOES ON The Rolling Stones said it best "You cant always get what you want"!

Now, With that said!! I present you with....................

BEST SOLUTION EVER!!!!!
    As new players reach levels in which achievements were awarded (ie: 55-56 & 60-61) let them choose wether or not they want to pursue that achievement by requiring them to get the 83k & 103k XP or skip it and continue to level up!! This is great on so many levels because NOT only can they say they earned it and still have a chance for new vanity set bonus. But, it also puts MORE MONEY into STS pockets because i doubt they are going to wanna make these runs from 55 to 56 without plat elixers??

What are your thoughts on this???

7. The Following User Says Thank You to TANKKAAR For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

I think having a helm as a reward chosen/given for lvl 61 is a good idea, as the op stated he doesnt use a shield so he doesnt get to show it off. If people are really opposed to the op's idea because its a symbol of "i did it. I got to 56 when lvl cap was 55! bahahahaha!" (which is indeed quite a feat, and i cant fault anyone who feels this way), just release a different helm for reaching 61. Change its color or something =P. That way, everyone can show off, not just shield users.

***edit***
    I like tankaars idea better. lol.
    Last edited by gotrocks420; 09-24-2011 at 08:59 PM.
    o_O
    O_o
    o_O IGN: Gotrocks/Gotstorms/Gotguns

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

THE FOLLOWING, BELOW IS POINTLESS BECAUSE NEITHER VANITY IS STASH-ABLE UPON FIRST THOUGHT.

I'm not feeling it, because who's to say someone won't level another another 61? One get CoP vanity helm, other get Nuri Shield of Hallows. Helm may not be stash-able but shield is, no? So, stash, wear on desired character. Get vanity set bonus for less the work because no countless hours to 55-56. I personally, myself, made 56 in time but the difference between you and I is.. I was lucky enough to have find the game, or be able to play it. Not bragging or anything, but it's life. Sorry. Maybe you'll get the next thing. Who expected the GoA thing? No one. Devs just surprised us. Gave people something to admire and work for. Though some are genuine (you can tell), some are not(you can tell), it's another goal you can add to your PL bucket list. So be happy for others and just enjoy the game.

Just my two cents.

EDIT: Unless you mean after one chance of being able to get both, it automatically makes you get the Nuri's shield next go around? If so that's silly, and just plain ludicrous.

EDIT 2: Didn't know the shield wasn't stash-able. Bah, go MIA for a couple of weeks and lose your place around here. So bypass all this rubbage.
    Last edited by Haikus; 09-24-2011 at 09:50 PM.
    Blah, blah, blah. Whatever.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    160 Posts

Shield isn't stashable SOoooOOo.... in reality the people that wanted to take advantage of my idea would have to currently possess a character below lvl 55 then reach 55, choose to accomplish 56 the hard way, finally lvling that same toon to 61 and..... VOILA! They now get a toon with vanity set bonus BUT they wouldn't even be able to stash those items and because of that! Only the toons that earned it could actually show it off and or use it.... :P

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Shield isn't stashable SOoooOOo.... in reality the people that wanted to take advantage of my idea would have to currently possess a character below lvl 55 then reach 55, choose to accomplish 56 the hard way, finally lvling that same toon to 61 and..... VOILA! They now get a toon with vanity set bonus BUT they wouldn't even be able to stash those items and because of that! Only the toons that earned it could actually show it off and or use it.... :P
    But, thing is, it's likely your idea won't happen and if it did, the CoP would still hold it's meaning (Crown of Persistence: "For those who spent a royally long time") and would be more fair. I like it. Why was it discontinued? To prevent those currently who level to 56 from obtaining, but with the option it's only fair. Nice idea. Did you come up with it all on your own?
    Blah, blah, blah. Whatever.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    372 Posts

Bit.. off topic, but does anyone know why they made the vanity crown unstashable? When I crafted it, I did it on my bear because that's the character I was using it on, even though I earned it on my mage. Anyway, screwed now because I'm only going for 61 on my mage and the crown is on my bear. No set bonus.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Btw the reason i want the crown is not for the vanity bonus but for the awesome look the crown has. I actually started playing two months ago and i've been playing as much as i could to get to lvl 56 the previous max lvl cap, but the highest i could go before they released the new cap (61) was lvl 46 so i missed out on the ability to get the crown of persistence. If i could get the crown without the bonus that would be completely fine with me because i just really like the way the crown looks and also there is no point of me showing off a shield which i dont even want to wear because i am an archer that holds and carries bows NOT SHIELDS. So this new max lvl item is a complete blow to archers and even mages.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    160 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by sandboxx View Post
    Btw the reason i want the crown is not for the vanity bonus but for the awesome look the crown has. I actually started playing two months ago and i've been playing as much as i could to get to lvl 56 the previous max lvl cap, but the highest i could go before they released the new cap (61) was lvl 46 so i missed out on the ability to get the crown of persistence. If i could get the crown without the bonus that would be completely fine with me because i just really like the way the crown looks and also there is no point of me showing off a shield which i dont even want to wear because i am an archer that holds and carries bows NOT SHIELDS. So this new max lvl item is a complete blow to archers and even mages.
    I will start by saying you are probably the only person that wants it "just for the look", Most if not all have one complaint and one complaint only... Unfair advantage because they didnt know before hand. Also just so you know even archers and mages using 2h weapons can get bonus by simply equiping the vanity shield while a 2h weapon is being used. The weapon will still be all anyone else see but you WILL still get the set bonus as long as you wear the crown if ou ask me the people the use 2h weapons are lucky becaus they get the best of both worlds.. set bonus & dont have to wear a shield that doesnt match set

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I understand what your saying Tankkaar but I want to be able to get to lvl 61 and get a nice prize (the shield) but i want to be able to show it off i dont want to hide it, but there is no reason for me to show it off because it just doesn't go with archers unless they like to use talons and i personally dont like talons and i love using bows. I would love to get the crown because it looks freaking amazing and its something that you would want to show off unlike the shield which is only nice to show off if your into that stuff. Look if it were possible for me to get the crown of persistence without the bonus that would be great because i just want the crown and idc for what stats it has. MAybe they should come out with the crown of persistence again but without the set bonus because it wouldnt be fair for those that had worked hard for it in the first place.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Well as we all know the crown of persistence is not availble any longer and now we can only get the new shield at the max lvl cap.... BUT what if when you reach the lvl cap you get to choose which item you would like for example if you get to lvl 61 now and you didnt get the crown of persistence at the previous lvl cap you can choose to either get the crown of persistence or the new shield.... BUT you can only choose one and you must choose wisely because once you choose one you cannot get the other. I am saying this idea because many ppl really want the crown of persistence because for some reason they were not able to reach the lvl 56 cap so now they get the chance to either choose to get the crown or the shield.... BTW my character is a bird and i really have no reason holding a shield -__- and i would really rather have the crown because birds usually dont use shields.... PLEASE take this idea into consideration devs
    You have it wrong.... People don't want the COP..... they want and are complaining about the vanity set bonus that they can get now because they didn't think it was worth getting the Crown the first time around.....lol
    I agree with TANKKAAR people only want the vanity bonus and not the crown. I have the crowns and I do not use them because it breaks my L55 customized set bonus at that time.

BEST SOLUTION EVER!!!!!
    Having 3 crowns myself IDC what happens really.... IMO whats done is done and people that had the chance to get the COP should have made the extra effort to get it! People that didnt have the chance.... honestly when it comes down to it, LIFE GOES ON The Rolling Stones said it best "You cant always get what you want"!

Now, With that said!! I present you with....................

BEST SOLUTION EVER!!!!!
    As new players reach levels in which achievements were awarded (ie: 55-56 & 60-61) let them choose wether or not they want to pursue that achievement by requiring them to get the 83k & 103k XP or skip it and continue to level up!! This is great on so many levels because NOT only can they say they earned it and still have a chance for new vanity set bonus. But, it also puts MORE MONEY into STS pockets because i doubt they are going to wanna make these runs from 55 to 56 without plat elixers??

What are your thoughts on this???
    Most players probably already at L60 and missed the chance at L55 for that option. A better alternative is to kill 83000 bandits or goblins at sewers.

Quote Originally Posted by Samhayne View Post
    The Crown of Persistence was the reward for getting to 56 at the time it was the level cap, just as the Shield of Hallows is the current reward for getting to the level cap of 61 just as there will be a reward for getting to the level cap when it is 66, etc.

Get the shield now while you can, because when the level cap goes up, that will be gone too.
    As mentioned in another thread, the crown is gone. I do not know this decision will stand or change in the future.

My opinion, have the crown back for old and new players with a tedious quest. They have a better objective to get to 61 right now and probably stick to this game until the next L66 cap. I believe some players after hearing they are unable to get that vanity bonus without that crown might stop playing for good. My friends and I noticed there is a decline in the community with fewer games these days, so keeping everyone happy is essential.

I have the crowns and I want everybody to have a chance at it. This is a virtual game, nothing is lost. A win-win for everyone.
    Last edited by CMX; 09-24-2011 at 11:26 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    139 Posts

I agree with most of the people here, players spend countless hours to get to the max lvl.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Nick41324 View Post
    I agree with most of the people here, players spend countless hours to get to the max lvl.
    ok well clearly you haven't read through all the posts on this thread...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

I have mixed opinions on this. Sorry for not supporting a specific side of the discussion but I can't thoroughly make my mind up. :\
    Neffyy

Existence owner and founder.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by CMX View Post
    My opinion, have the crown back for old and new players with a tedious quest. They have a better objective to get to 61 right now and probably stick to this game until the next L66 cap. I believe some players after hearing they are unable to get that vanity bonus without that crown might stop playing for good. My friends and I noticed there is a decline in the community with fewer games these days, so keeping everyone happy is essential.

I have the crowns and I want everybody to have a chance at it. This is a virtual game, nothing is lost. A win-win for everyone.
    I completely agree with you and your statement is extremeley accurate.