Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: It's good move, not PAY 2 WIN

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    482 Posts

Red face It's good move, not PAY 2 WIN

In oppose to some saying it's pay to win, It would be pay 2 win only if special elites (Arzac/warat/Magor) would be purchaseble by plat but not TRADABLE.

It's sts's surgical strike on black marketers too, along with few other moves that are taken already and a few moves should be taken to take it more effective. I'LL EXPLAIN.

If we think that we're not gonna use plat much then there's a community who use plat/real life money to buy in game things including accounts that's not only really bad for STS but for pl.

Before I carry forward the topic it's true that lota players will buy new special elites and resell them for gold by doing so they won't break any rule but benefiting Sts, the player who won't buy with plat and them self, nice way to farm gold.

These new elites for the initial phase would cost 40m+ even more, I don't know how that wasn't asking for more, even if I decide OK let's buy 2k plat and farm, would not even secure one new elite.

The best part is, these items should be much less than gold cap now over period of time. Its a NICE OPPORTUNITY for gold farmers through heavy using plat infect could be proven to be one of the best method to farm gold with plat and same time non plat users will have NICE OPPORTUNITY to have those items with affordable price win win situation for plat users and gold users.

It doesn't stop here, the special elites being super costly encourages black marketers to trade with real life money guess what this is sts's strike on em.

The worst cause that cause black marketing most was 3pc acc there's the ring thing will counter to an extent but as said some steps have been taken but some need to be.
    Last edited by Waug; 11-10-2016 at 10:43 PM. Reason: Lots of grammatical

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Waug For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    258 Posts

I hope stg keeps the psycho seller as a permanant feature in the maps. This way its allows those who want these items available indefinitely.

Making these rare items discontinued after the 30th November will encourage the blackmarket sales.

I would rather walk with a friend in the dark, than alone in the light.
    -Helen Keller

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Fwend For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Fwend View Post
    I hope stg keeps the psycho seller as a permanant feature in the maps. This way its allows those who want these items available indefinitely.

Making these rare items discontinued after the 30th November will encourage the blackmarket sales.
    I second this
    Hope is Hungry.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    482 Posts

Ya why not, I'm not in favour of discontinuation and to provide better chance for new comers but it's not like PL don't have discontinued items in past, and it's probably to prevent prices going to low over time.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

If they made endgame elites afordable for plats and tradeable, why dont make angel sets tradeable too? In this way this would be huge strike on account buyers/sellers

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    482 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Priorema View Post
    If they made endgame elites afordable for plats and tradeable, why dont make angel sets tradeable too? In this way this would be huge strike on account buyers/sellers
    Just to strike on that sts also have to face enormous complain about giving away angel to others that condition would be worse to sts lol.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts

I think StS is making PL a bit like AL where you can spend some plat to get some decent amount of gold. And it actually works, people are buying these elite items and its both profiting for sts and the platinum buyers.

I think this was needed for PL and its going to the right direction. I think we will see ridicolous platinum prices for awhile because sts is probably finding out if people are really willing to spend money on PL. When we look at the store we can see that sts is really pushing to get some income.
    If people won't buy those items for these high platinum prices, will StS (cinco) again stop updating PL?

To StS: can we see some statistics of PL like you did on AL? Like how many players are at level 80-1 etc? I think you need to ask for more feedback and be a bit more interactive with the PL community to get rid the idea of 'PL is dead'. I mean if you look at the AL forums, it's very different than PL. People will not spend money on a game if they believe the game is dead. There's alot of insecurity about what's going to happen with PL, I personally would prefer more clearness. Last time you said PL won't be updated anymore but now there are some surprise updates but I think people are getting confused about the state of the game because of this.
    ¸„»°'´¸„»°'´ 6FLAIR9 `'°«„¸`'°«„¸
    `'°«„¸¸„»°'´¸„»°'´`'°«„¸ ¸„»°'´`'°«„¸`'°«„¸¸„»°'´
    Shlt, you discovered my secret

10. The Following User Says Thank You to tasakli For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

tbh the insane plat prices can be justified by the fact that you're buying items from a Psycho seller :P
    Hope is Hungry.

12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Iilhopeliliil For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

The psycho seller is temporary so enjoy it while it lasts!

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Metalized For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    142 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by OPest View Post
    In oppose to some saying it's pay to win, It would be pay 2 win only if special elites (Arzac/warat/Magor) would be purchaseble by plat but not TRADABLE.

It's sts's surgical strike on black marketers too, along with few other moves that are taken already and a few moves should be taken to take it more effective. I'LL EXPLAIN.

If we think that we're not gonna use plat much then there's a community who use plat/real life money to buy in game things including accounts that's not only really bad for STS but for pl.

Before I carry forward the topic it's true that lota players will buy new special elites and resell them for gold by doing so they won't break any rule but benefiting Sts, the player who won't buy with plat and them self, nice way to farm gold.

These new elites for the initial phase would cost 40m+ even more, I don't know how that wasn't asking for more, even if I decide OK let's buy 2k plat and farm, would not even secure one new elite.

The best part is, these items should be much less than gold cap now over period of time. Its a NICE OPPORTUNITY for gold farmers through heavy using plat infect could be proven to be one of the best method to farm gold with plat and same time non plat users will have NICE OPPORTUNITY to have those items with affordable price win win situation for plat users and gold users.

It doesn't stop here, the special elites being super costly encourages black marketers to trade with real life money guess what this is sts's strike on em.

The worst cause that cause black marketing most was 3pc acc there's the ring thing will counter to an extent but as said some steps have been taken but some need to be.
    You do understand that the fact that these items are trade-able doesn't matter. In the long run, PL is still pay2win because you still pay real money for items you can't normally get elsewhere, which are much stronger than a lot of other gear.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    482 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Buchmeister View Post
    ......items you can't normally get elsewhere, which are much stronger than a lot of other gear.
    You are asking others to understand, whearas this fact you stated is CLEARLY WRONG. you can get these items spending gold and gold can be earned without any money.

And if this is pay to win according to you then there's free to play game doesn't exist, other than those advertising based games, even in those advertising based games some peoples make purchase clicking advertisment, other wise advertisers would not spend money.

What you called long run pay 2 win is bigger mistake by you, because in long run after plat purchase phase is gone, the only way to get those items would be spending gold other than black marketing of course.

You said trade-able does not matter, whearas trade-able alone is the fact that made a passageway of the non plat users to those items and alone this fact made the whole thing not play to win, not only that, by reducing gold cost it helped the non plat users, you're totally unable to understand this or unawere of these facts.

If you think twice before posting such statements you would be able to avoid doing mistakes in future, sorry to say this anyway.
    Last edited by Waug; 11-18-2016 at 09:16 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Pl isn't a PAY TO WIN Game...

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    72 Posts

Great update
    We should all thank cinco, new weapons look pretty awesome as well

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    142 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Waug View Post
    You are asking others to understand, whearas this fact you stated is CLEARLY WRONG. you can get these items spending gold and gold can be earned without any money.

And if this is pay to win according to you then there's free to play game doesn't exist, other than those advertising based games, even in those advertising based games some peoples make purchase clicking advertisment, other wise advertisers would not spend money.

What you called long run pay 2 win is bigger mistake by you, because in long run after plat purchase phase is gone, the only way to get those items would be spending gold other than black marketing of course.

You said trade-able does not matter, whearas trade-able alone is the fact that made a passageway of the non plat users to those items and alone this fact made the whole thing not play to win, not only that, by reducing gold cost it helped the non plat users, you're totally unable to understand this or unawere of these facts.

If you think twice before posting such statements you would be able to avoid doing mistakes in future, sorry to say this anyway.
    Does nobody understand the definition of pay to win? The ONLY way to get this gear is through plat, which is acquired through real money. How can I make it any simpler for you?

20.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #15
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,174 Posts

Does nobody understand the definition of pay to win? The ONLY way to get this gear is through plat, which is acquired through real money. How can I make it any simpler for you?
    You can get the gear with gold through trade. You could probably swap another item or two if u can make the deal.
    This is what folks are understanding. If your issue is with the origination of the items you can just have someone with Plat buy the item and then trade it to you for whatever you agree is fair.
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cinco For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    482 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cinco View Post
    You can get the gear with gold through trade. You could probably swap another item or two if u can make the deal.
    This is what folks are understanding. If your issue is with the origination of the items you can just have someone with Plat buy the item and then trade it to you for whatever you agree is fair.
    I explained it to him many times, but he's sticked with his false claim - "the ONLY way.." I think he'll keep doing it, so if someone wanna believe, let him believe earth is flat, I don't have any problem with that.
    Last edited by Waug; 11-26-2016 at 09:45 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

why would you want them to keep this? this would kill the economy for those who farm l80 gear. Yourself included because you like to farm your gear instead of buy via plat. they need to get rid of the psycho seller and make these items dropable for those who like to farm them to have the chance to do so. Its not a good idea to keep this in the game and you know it sunny

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    258 Posts

Yes I am a farmer, but I'm not a greedy one. I don't mind that some of the 80 super elites are affordable and under gold cap now. Its better for the community as a whole.

If sts keep the vendor - psycho seller permanant, it means they continue to get revenue from paying customers. There is nothing wrong with giving back to sts. I recently bought 2500 plat to purchase the elites I desired.

By removing the vendor, it makes the arzac talon, magor wand, and the arzac, magor, warat shield level 80 elites discontinued.

This will become an issue and encourage players to sell them overpriced on game as well as many selling them on the black market for real life money.

All the scam issues relating to the cost of items being over gold cap, and illegally selling of items for real life money.
    Last edited by Fwend; 11-27-2016 at 02:09 AM. Reason: .

I would rather walk with a friend in the dark, than alone in the light.
    -Helen Keller

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

i already specified the way around the "discontinued" problem that you are talking about. just make these items farmable after vendor is removed

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    142 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cinco View Post
    Yes, I understand that they're tradable which is a really nice added bonus. Unfortunately, in the end, they cost money and ONLY money (And the only way to get this gear will be disappearing in a few days). I just wanted to clear up whether or not this game has become pay2win. I personally don't really care what people do with their cash, it's their cash. I do however like the fact that this is technically a source of plat-to-gold, and the BEST plat-to-gold deal I've ever seen.

I also have to agree with sunny, keeping the vendor in the game would be a great addition. When I actually get money from my relatives like the greedy little person I am for christmas, I'd have something to spend it on *wink wink*
    Last edited by Buchmeister; 11-27-2016 at 11:21 PM.