Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: C.O.T = Noobs?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

There's a difference between expressing your opinion in a civil manner versus a provocative manner.

You could have easily said, "I haven't had good experiences with COT." and it could have made the same, if not better, point.

But to come to the forums and sling dirt towards a very reputable member of the community and GM of COT only to be proven wrong, yet you expect to be treated like a princess, then you need some sort of social lessons.

In the same manner that you're defending yourself from being called immature, Tank and us, his friends, are defending his name and guild towards whatever you're accusing, if anything.
    Last edited by Ellyidol; 09-26-2011 at 02:15 AM.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,058 Posts

Wow u rly have now made a total fool of yourself wish.

How about just leaving this here?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JaytB View Post
    I'm a noob, and proud of it! But seriously, haters gonna hate. Nothing to do about that. I don't see the need to get all offensive over that. I'm just surprised by the reaction of some people. But yeah, the fact that people seem to feel the need to discuss about us, only shows we're on the right track.
    I just wanted to see what the actual community had to say and not all the non-active people running around on PL.
    Neffyy

Existence owner and founder.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ellyidol View Post
    There's a difference between expressing your opinion in a civil manner versus a provocative manner.

You could have easily said, "I haven't had good experiences with COT." and it could have made the same, if not better, point.

But to come to the forums and sling dirt towards a very reputable member of the community and GM of COT only to be proven wrong, yet you expect to be treated like a princess, then you need some sort of social lessons.

In the same manner that you're defending yourself from being called immature, Tank and us, his friends, are defending his name and guild towards whatever you're accusing, if anything.
    Very well put, Elly.
    Neffyy

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Trollee View Post
    This isn't "expressing your opinion", it's a blatant lie:
    no that is what happened. its precisely the reason i've gained my opinion. not a big deal, i know i was bad mannered my self trying to recruit tankaar and making jokes about cots meaning etc. in all honesty i don't have anything against cot

again i'm not trying to bash, or "hate" i'm aware how good cot is, and how new i am to this game. just thought i would be real and give my take. i guess haters gunna hate, but i'm not hating, i don't want it to be perceived that way, and if it has i apologize. just a little criticism and observations is all.
    WishUWereHere - 56 Bird
    http://img11.imageshack.us/img11/5406/wishyouwereheret.jpg

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by WishUWereHere View Post
    \

if expressing my opinion means i am immature, a noob, etc. then so be it. i think i'm being civil enough.

just because i don't think COT is the most amazing thing in the universe doesn't mean we can't be friends? or can't we? again i don't mean to offend or bash anyone or cot. i'm sure pretty much all of cot members are more knowledgeable, experienced etc, at this game then i am.

i feel like cot has hired a hitman and put a bounty on my head lol. a few mins after tankaars response to mine cot members started msging me saying i got owned etc. just for expressing my opinion lol

i am only expressing an opinion, not bashing or flaming =) again sorry if i offended anyone, but i don't regret or take back anything i've said
    There's nothing civil about telling a lie. In fact, in my opinion it's worse than starting a huge, truthful argument. I also never one time said COT was the most amazing thing in the universe, neither was it said that you thought this. This "hitman" is your own fault and was brought upon by you telling a far fetched lie and the assailant coming back to show us what you're telling us is, in fact, a lie. I'm also not trying to flame you. I'm just trying to let you know that you're being immature by lying, trying to cover up your lie, and attempting to play the guilt card. Sorry and have a great night.
    Neffyy

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Name:  v45481_tank-man.jpg
Views: 152
Size:  401.2 KB

thought the picture was perfectly relevent xD kinda how i feel right now. lol

i'm not lying.

sorry if what i said was perceived as flaming, but it's the truth, and my own opinion. and there is nothing wrong with that. elly you have a good point. i could have had more tact in the way i expressed my self. for that, i apologize. but at the same time, i wasn't super harsh, just giving my own point of view.

why can't anyone just say i disagree, but respect your opinion? whats so wrong with a little criticism?

theres no reason we can't be friendly just because we have different opinions about something. is there?
    Last edited by WishUWereHere; 09-26-2011 at 02:39 AM.
    WishUWereHere - 56 Bird

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

Name:  v45481_tank-man.jpg
Views: 152
Size:  401.2 KB

thought the picture was perfectly relevent xD kinda how i feel right now. lol

i'm not lying.

sorry if what i said was perceived as flaming, but it's the truth, and my own opinion. and there is nothing wrong with that. elly you have a good point. i could have had more tact in the way i expressed my self. for that, i apologize. but at the same time, i wasn't super harsh, just giving my own point of view.

why can't anyone just say i disagree, but respect your opinion? whats so wrong with a little criticism?

theres no reason we can't be friendly just because we have different opinions about something. is there?
    If it's not constructive, and if you're not a troll, it's an eyesore to read.
    Neffyy

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

haha sorry i was never good at writing/spelling

i'm not trolling. but i do sometimes troll =)
    WishUWereHere - 56 Bird

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

haha sorry i was never good at writing/spelling

i'm not trolling. but i do sometimes troll =)
    No, I meant if the person writing it isn't a troll and you're the writer themselves isn't being constructive with the criticism, it's an eyesore. Not the way you wrote it, etc.
    Neffyy

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

oh ok .. im not sure i understand completely but ok

good night cot, i know you guys are my biggest fans =D hahah
    Last edited by WishUWereHere; 09-26-2011 at 02:50 AM.
    WishUWereHere - 56 Bird

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    204 Posts

I hate most people in this thread.

1: Many of COT are complete tools. Fact. (So are many people in every guild. So am I sometimes.)
    2: In NO WAY did Tankkaar "OWN" him or "Prove him to be a liar". He posted one screenshot. That screenshot did not prove anything at all and it certainly does not warrant the degradation that Wish is receiving. Someone explain how that picture proves him to be a liar? It proves that he was desperately trying to get Tankkaar to join his guild, but that is all. It does not show any proof that Tank was not a complete tool to Wish before and after that screenshot for whatever reason, which is all that Wish really said.
    3: Gang mentality, and jumping on the train of " OOOOOOO!!! You got OWNED!! HAHAHAH. LMAO!!!!!!!!!!" is the most immature and annoying things ever, and I do not think that any guardians should be participating in this behavior...even if true. These comments can have a severe negative effect on a player and drive him away. Almost the exact opposite of the guardians goals. Even if another player could be throwing around false information, never start the middleschool "LMAO HAHAH LIAR!!! OWNED!!@ LOLL!" and "Haterz gon' hate" crap. (That is reserved for myself)
    4: Wish, just forget about this thread. One person cannot try to save face in a thread of many people trying to save faces themselves. They will just continue to team up and bash your name, even with false proof.
    5: I loooooooove this thread.

Let's make it SPARKLE!

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to morfic For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by morfic View Post

1: Many of COT are complete tools. Fact. (So are many people in every guild. So am I sometimes.)
    2: In NO WAY did Tankkaar "OWN" him or "Prove him to be a liar". He posted one screenshot. That screenshot did not prove anything at all and it certainly does not warrant the degradation that Wish is receiving. Someone explain how that picture proves him to be a liar? It proves that he was desperately trying to get Tankkaar to join his guild, but that is all. It does not show any proof that Tank was not a complete tool to Wish before and after that screenshot for whatever reason, which is all that Wish really said.
    3: Gang mentality, and jumping on the train of " OOOOOOO!!! You got OWNED!! HAHAHAH. LMAO!!!!!!!!!!" is the most immature and annoying things ever, and I do not think that any guardians should be participating in this behavior...even if true. These comments can have a severe negative effect on a player and drive him away. Almost the exact opposite of the guardians goals. Even if another player could be throwing around false information, never start the middleschool "LMAO HAHAH LIAR!!! OWNED!!@ LOLL!" and "Haterz gon' hate" crap. (That is reserved for myself)
    4: Wish, just forget about this thread. One person cannot try to save face in a thread of many people trying to save faces themselves. They will just continue to team up and bash your name, even with false proof.

FLAMEEE!!!!LAMO!! someone crossthe line IMO.
    I love this thread too becouse we all can see how seriously ppl take this and how jealous ppl are

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I am four pages late with this. :x

JakesLaidBack (officer): lvl61 Dexbird, lvl26 Operator
    Alts: PL: Mistermetoo, Twinkful SL: Obey, Balancer
    Shop: http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...laid-back-shop

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Noobs? No way! Arrogant?

Maybe, sometimes... But look at their members! GoAs, leaderboard guys, etc. Can you blame them for being a bit arrogant???

Lastly, yes, Tankaar pwned him!! lmao!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by morfic View Post

Get out of here. "LMAO HAHAH LIAR!!! OWNED!!@ LOLL!"
    Neffyy

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Haters gonna hate!

Seriously tho, there are alot of nice and genuine peeps in this guild and it's nice to be surrounded by such players.

PL : xBearSpiritx (Lvl 66 Tank Bear) | xPallax (Lvl 60 Pure Int Elf) | xDarkWraithx (Lvl 61 Pure Dex Bird)
    SL: Crusader (Lvl 26 Commando) | Contra (Lvl 26 Operative) | xPallax (Lvl 26 Engineer)

Guardian of Alterra CrimsonTider's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    904 Posts

<----- *banging his head on keyboard*

Seriously? Can we let the drama die? Please?
    CrimsonTider::Astuteness::Crim::CrimzonTider::IBec kon::Houndstooth
    WreckzNEffect::Intuitive::Kinesiology::Crimagical: :Killtastrophe::SsgtSlaughter::Transfixion
    Arrownaut::Crimtacular::Funkdified::CrimJr

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    471 Posts

<----- shoving keyboard where it needn't be shoved*

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

I play almost exclusively open games and PUGs and have played with quite a few COT members (been booted by some, too). Some of them seem pretty cool; some of them not so much. Some of them seem pretty low key; some of them are the chest thumping "COT F-yeah!" types. It just goes to show that in any sizable group of people there are different personalities and behaviors -- no need to stereotype an entire group based on one or two bad/good experiences with individuals.

+1 to Morfic's points (2) and (3), though...