Thread: Recipe drop percentage increase

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Recipe drop percentage increase

Hello,

I have observed what I believe to be a flaw in the crafting system. Component materials for crafting are far more available than recipes. By the time you find a recipe for an item, your character has advanced too the point that the item no longer benefits your character. The L.5 and L.15 items are prime examples of this problem.

It is my opinion that the drop rate for recipes should be increased OR recipes should be available for purchase outright - as a regular recipe would be.

Thank you!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

you know what makes me mad, how Space studio put demonic item recipes for plats, which is just lowering the value of recipes that are hard to even get.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by batesman View Post
    Hello,

I have observed what I believe to be a flaw in the crafting system. Component materials for crafting are far more available than recipes. By the time you find a recipe for an item, your character has advanced too the point that the item no longer benefits your character. The L.5 and L.15 items are prime examples of this problem.

It is my opinion that the drop rate for recipes should be increased OR recipes should be available for purchase outright - as a regular recipe would be.

Thank you!
    I believe this is done to add value to the lower level crafted gear, especially recipes. I'm not sure on the price now, but the Lv. 15 Expert Recipe used to cost as much as 1M due to demand from twinking.

IMO, the lower level crafted gear caters more towards twinks than for PvE. Even if you're lucky enough to get all the materials and craft the item, you'd outgrow it in a few levels anyway.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by milikechicken View Post
    you know what makes me mad, how Space studio put demonic item recipes for plats, which is just lowering the value of recipes that are hard to even get.
    I respectfully disagree. I don't think this action devalues the recipes.

Any economy, even one in an MMO game, is balanced on supply, demand, and what the market will bear. Making recipes available for purchase does place an emphasis on the pay to play community, while still making the items available to the free to play community as well; however, the value of an item is completely derived from the necessity or desire of the item. For those that place more value on the recipe, they may purchase outright, for those that place less value, spend the time farming.

My point is simply that the recipes are TOO rare and the impact of recipe scarcity is a decline in the use of the crafting system as a whole.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

I think you guys have it backwards lol i think the materials are to hard to find. I've found six recipes already and liqudated 4 because nobodys buying.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by batesman View Post
    I respectfully disagree. I don't think this action devalues the recipes.

Any economy, even one in an MMO game, is balanced on supply, demand, and what the market will bear. Making recipes available for purchase does place an emphasis on the pay to play community, while still making the items available to the free to play community as well; however, the value of an item is completely derived from the necessity or desire of the item. For those that place more value on the recipe, they may purchase outright, for those that place less value, spend the time farming.

My point is simply that the recipes are TOO rare and the impact of recipe scarcity is a decline in the use of the crafting system as a whole.
    lol explains the cheap prices of demonic recipes? what was enchanted recipes and fortified recipes, even custom back then? oh wait A LOT. supply and demand? we're supplying, no1s demanding cause people can just buy it from 20plats . Therefore the price of these recipes go down, so therefore.. economy is never
    balanced. Right now, even if they take away the 20plats for demonic , the demonic recipes will go up in price, because the merchanters will just buy it like they're doing with the glyphic steel. Basically, supply> demand right, so? then what u'll just see are pinks that are recipes that go down in price over the weeks/months
    what not... And how you say the value of recipe that place less value, don't worry they fold at a point when they cannot even get one besides that TOO rare? people been getting drops a lot? they'd rather choose real life money than game's money gold whatever it's called.