Thread: A Guide to be Successful Guild Master of Star legends (version 1.0)

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    421 Posts

+1 now buddy looking like its coming together nicely

Proposal to be moved to Guild Thread and stickied when possible

As I am not a GM unable to add alot more to this, however I am a Co-GM and place all responsibility and methods on myself when the GM is busy irl etc. It seems that alot of the members within our guild appreciate this and any suggestions made etc I take on myself to discuss these ig or through out forum via PM's. Help process and implement these changes also ensuring that our meetings are continuing weekly. I have taken this on without the need to be asked as able to use own initiative and knowing my limits/boundaries on implementing huge processes without contact.from GM.

What I am trying to say having a Assistant GM or Co-GM helps out with alot of the processes and responsibilities of a GM which in turn helps both the Guild and GM in question when unable to be as active as they would like.

A previous Guild member ChunkyMonkey had created their own guild and added a bunch and started up the at slow pace, after a few days to a week Chunk come up and asked if he could ask me a few questions some like 'How do I keep the Guild managed? How to keep members active or want to be active? How do you and Cas run your Guild so well? etc. (He was at breaking point and nearly decided to disband his Guild)

My first question back to him was 'Do you have a member/officer in the Guild that is trustworthy and shows management skills etc.? He said there is one guy that had the potential.. I said why don't you appoint them as Co-GM? Chunk was a little hesitant at first but then decided to give it a go.

A few days lated Chunk comes up to me and thanks me eternally for suggesting this, his Guild was finally gaining new members and now he had a Co-GM that manages Guild when he can not be on, keeps all responsibilities in check etc. This gave him alot of etxra time and removed the stress this had been causing him. And best of all, he was the most happy person I've seen for a while.

Kinda baffled on a little there.. but I hope this makes all GM's realise how beneficial a Co-GM can and will be if this is needed due to rl commitments or just to have that little extra time to wind down and enjoy the Guild experience.

Still trying to comprehend how 2k+ can die from Barrels O.o

2. The Following User Says Thank You to BodMaster For This Useful Post: