Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A Guide to be Successful Guild Master of Star legends (version 1.0)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    561 Posts

Default A Guide to be Successful Guild Master of Star legends (version 1.5.5)

please feel free to put screen shoots of different topic ideas, I lack the capacity to create screen shots
    '
    Name:  attachment.jpg
Views: 1646
Size:  67.7 KB

Read FAQ by Silent before creating your guild --> FAQ for New Players

Table of Contents:

I.--------Introduction
    II.-------Obtaining Funds for your Guild
    III.------Finally have Credits or Platinum (What should I call it?)
    IV.-------Which level tier to purchase (1, 2, or 3)
    V.--------How to promote (The Biggie!)
    VI.-------How to ask for guild member’s
    VII.------How to help and support (Communication Ideas)
    VIII.-----How to dissolve fights
    IX.-------How to gain respect from other guilds
    X.--------Conclusion

I. Introduction
    Hello everyone I am Ghost guild master of Rage of Mages. Since beta of Star Legends, I have formed 4 total guilds (2 in Pocket Legends and 2 in Star legends). 2 of my guilds have 70+ members. Each of my member’s are reliable and trustworthy and in now way a bad players…. also the low levels.

I’m writing this to help you start your own. Make it thrive and grow through the months, and to be a respected guild master amongst your friends.

Name:  attachment-1.jpg
Views: 1446
Size:  46.6 KB

II. Obtaining Funds for your Guild
    There’s many ways to obtain credits to form your dream guild,
    The quickest way is to purchase platinum, but if you don’t have the funds, grinding will have to do.

(Samhayne Guild's Over View Post) Anyone can create a Guild. To do so, you can visit the Guild Terminal on the main deck of the UCS-Blackstar or, go to your Avatar's Social Tab and then to
    the Guild Tab. Currently, in Star Legends creation of a Guild costs either 20 Platinum or 10,000 Credits. For those reading this from a Pocket Legends perspective, Gold is equivalent to Credits.

Platinum (20 for guild charter)
    You can use a credit card to purchase them here → <Purchase Platinum Link> make sure the Sl or PL is checked and place the amounts and proceed to
    check out at your favorite place. ( Paypal, google checkout, or Amozon).

Credits (10,000 credits for guild charter)
    Since Slouch-O has been released, farming there by doing full runs helped quite a bit (full run buy liquidating gave me 500+ credits, plus a chance to snag rare loot). But since your a high level (I hope so ), farm low level dungeons like delta-7, cycorp ect....you wont die if your paying attention but go to levels with lots of cheats to open or bosses that you can solo.

III. Finally have Credits or Platinum (What should I call it?)
    Be Creative, Look at different sources. Remember don’t infringe when you use copyrighted material (images, names, text. mainly on forums). Cite the author or creator of created works at the bottom or top of your thread if you decide to create one for your guild on or off STS site.

3.1- Be careful in naming your guild. Some have already been established so naming a guild similar to another will erupt into a flame war. See cascade thread for active guilds already in star legends community. Cascades active guilds list → <Cascades Link>

3.2- Here is a link of current guild names by CanonicalKoi → <CanonicalKoi Link>

IV. Which level tier to purchase (1, 2, or 3)

25, 50 or 100 platinum ….to get a tier for your guild you will need platinum (See section II). Each has there benefits, help accommodate your future members.

Name:  attachment-4.jpg
Views: 1356
Size:  51.0 KB

All guildhalls have a "Guild Terminal."

25 Plat-Cycorp “Dyna-Lounge” 2 – WAY better guildhall appearance compared to the starting guildhall; new personal stash terminal.

50 Plat-Habitus “Battle Barracks” Compound – Different guildhall appearance; has personal stash like in "Dyna-Lounge"; New discounted stimpack store. *Stimpacks are half off!*

100 Plat-DynaSTAR “Galaxy” Penthouse – Different guild hall appearance; has personal stash like in "Dyna-Lounge" and "Battle Barracks."; Has discounted stimpack store like in "Battle
    Barracks."; New advanced enhancers store! *5 minute enhancers can be purchased with credits instead of platinum; some enhancers have a small, discounted price; new 4X Enhancers!

V. How to promote officers (The Biggie!)
    Just like any military, a chain of command must be established. Trust is the keys to promotion, set rules and guides for guild mates to fallow.
    Don’t just promote just anyone, make sure you have spent some nice chats, runs, favors and support before deciding whom to promote.

5.1- You need to be cautious when promoting people to officers. They can boot everyone from your guild. This should be reported to STS, as this is a violation of TOS.

5.2- Activity from assistant GM encase GM is unavailable.

5.3- Additionally, should someone want to purchase a Guild or a Guild Hall, the leadership of the guild can be transferred. This is done with the star with arrow on each element of the guild roster or by the use of the chat command /guild transferleadership.

5.4- People new to leadership
    (and supervision and management) often feel under pressure to lead in a particularly dominant way. Sometimes this pressure on a new leader to impose their authority on the team comes from above. Dominant leadership is rarely appropriate however, especially for mature teams. Misreading this situation, and attempting to be overly dominant, can then cause problems for a new leader. Resistance from the team becomes a problem, and a cycle of negative behaviors and reducing performance begins. Much of leadership is counter-intuitive. Leadership is often more about serving than leading. Besides which, individuals and teams tend not to resist or push against something in which they have a strong involvement/ownership/sense of control. People tend to respond well to thanks, encouragement, recognition, inclusiveness, etc. Tough, overly dominant leadership gives teams a lot to push against and resist. It also prevents a sense of ownership and self-control among the people being led. And it also inhibits the positive rewards and incentives (thanks, recognition, encouragement, etc) vital for teams and individuals to cope with change, and to enjoy themselves. Leaders of course need to be able to make tough decisions when required, but most importantly leaders should concentrate on enabling the team to thrive, which is actually a 'serving' role, not the dominant 'leading' role commonly associated with leadership.

5.5- Leadership qualities
    * integrity
    * honesty
    * humility
    * courage
    * commitment
    * sincerity
    * passion
    * confidence
    * positivity
    * wisdom
    * determination
    * compassion
    * sensitivity

5.6- Hold a meeting with other officers and vote on who should be next. This will limit frustration to other members who didn't get promoted.

VI. How to ask for guild member’s
    Personal messages. Don’t advertise in public chat unless you have no specifics in your rules. Spamming can be annoying to lots of people so tread lightly, you will be added to ignore list very fast and you will lose respect amongst other guilds.

Name:  attachment-2.jpg
Views: 1682
Size:  99.0 KB

6.1- Good GMs don't spam invites to everyone not in a guild.

6.2- The biggest problem with leaving members would be they felt impersonalized. All new guild members should feel like family.

6.3- Manage Your Guild Invites
    Once you created your guild, you will want to invite your friends. You can do this in two ways.

1. Tap on your friend's character, then Tap on the "Invite to Guild" button
    2. Type into chat /g i <name>
    This is short for typing in /guild invite <name>

6.4- Guild Roster
    Once your guild is formed, you can view a roster of the Guild's members. (Tip: right down your members)

6.5- Guild member farming (AKA Guild Snatching) in other guilds is looked down upon.
    Flaming/fights and bans are likely and all parties are affected.

VII. How to help and support (Communication Ideas)
    Level up fast set the example for others to fallow. Use Elixirs from your guild hall (tier 3) or use credits to purchase enhancers.

Level up fast set the example for others to fallow. Use Elixirs from your guildhall (tier 3) or use credits to purchase enhancers.

7.1- If you are running a guild-only run, password protect your games.

7.2- Create a website/forum/facebook/ect.... This helps to solidify the bond between you as the GM and others in the guild.

7.3- Give awards, recognition for members who have done above and beyond in the guild (giving something from your stash helps)

7.4- Give jobs and titles for superior members, not all have to be an officer. (EG: assistant GM, Treasurer, Guildstash, ect)

7.5- It’s always good to have a guild forum so you can communicate separately from in-game or the STS forums.

7.6- Want to make a private group on STS forums? see this link by samhayne you don't have to make a forum post.→ <Samhayne Link>

7.7- Having a Assistant GM or Co-GM helps out with many of the processes and responsibilities of a GM which in turn helps both the Guild and GM in question when unable to be as active as they would like.

7.8- Some members are low levels, The higher officers /members help certain low ppl get to a goal level (plus ppl who help benefit too, you get stuff from boxes ); this will help eliminate being avoid feeling ignored and unwanted for certain level
    Some may have been of level and left behind.

7.9- Friends of friends wanting to be in same guild (let them join even if its against your policy), if members are occupied helping others how about you buddy

7.10- How can I get members to be more social?. Mostly its a trust factor, In my pocket legends guild I have the same issue. hardly anyone wants to guild chat...but as i see my friends in the roster, there doing missions. To help with communication (guild chat), is ask questions to members, Jokes, questions ect... some ppl are just shy because if they are new they don't want to be made fun of for a question they ask. On a regular basis in Guildchat, ask if anyone has questions, if they dont....say a joke, if that don't work, do you need help leveling.
    Members need to know they trust you, and whats a better way to earn trust is by leveling.

VIII. How to dissolve fights
    Well if you were a manager at your job how would you do it. Since I am one, Ill teach you how.

8.1- 95% of guild drama is caused by 5% of guild members. Many members (me included) never participate in drama, but we can't stand it.

8.2- As a GM or Officer
    1. You decide the change is in your best interest
    2. You decide to want it
    3. You choose to make the change happen.
    4. You learn what you need to change, and learn how to make the change happen.
    5. You practice new thinking and behavior until a new habit is established.

8.3- Maybe a meting is an order; create a guild meeting where only Gm and officers can speak (remember use /o for officer chat)

8.4- Everyone has arguments
    Everyone has arguments can arise for any number of reasons:
    * You may be having trouble understanding someone else's thoughts on an issue. It may help to ask them questions about their point of view.
    * Your values, goals or needs may conflict with those of someone else.
    * You may not understand what other people are trying to say or do.
    Unresolved arguments can cause problems Unresolved arguments can lead to:
    * Confusion and feelings of resentment
    * Stress and tension
    * Illness
    * Poor relationships
    * Aggression or violence.

8.5- Dealing with an Augment
    Once you have an argument; it is easy to stay angry or upset with the other person. If you don’t resolve arguments with people you see often, it can be a very uncomfortable experience:
    -Talking to the person about your disagreement may or may not help. If you do approach them, make sure it is in a helpful way.
    -If the person could be violent or abusive, it may be best not to approach them directly. You could talk to them over the PM chats to see if they are open to finding a solution to the argument.

IX. How to gain respect from other guilds
    Priority 1, help your guild, Priority 2 Help others in alliance guilds when you can the priority is to sustain a good relationship with your members.

9.1- We all need help, advice credits, ingredients…the list goes on. Help your members first before offering your goodies to someone else.

9.2- Form alliances, these are people with the same vales that you have stated for your guild. (EG: no one is online in your guild, but want a bud to play with)

9.3- Alliance is what it is "An Alliance" you are not obligated to help, a simple PM would work also stating your busy with your guild. Lots of people would prefer a message back anyway.

X. Conclusion
    To be a good leader, is a good follower. See how different guilds work. No one is obligated to stay in your guild so don't get all-angry if people leave.
    This means you have not done a step correctly as stated above. Be friends with them anyway, because you never know. People who leave a good guild always come back.
    Support your friends and remember have fun.

-Ghost

Was this thread helpful? Please click the Thumbs Up Icon

Version Info
    Version Beta 1.0 (Creation of guide)
    v1.1 changes added changes by Carth, IBNobody, Draco
    v1.2 Added tons more info and tips from Samhayne post, Table of contents, pics (by samhayne)
    v1.3 added Cascades comment
    v1.4 added comments by bod and nzane and typos (Section VII)
    v1.5 Shy guild members section 7.10
    v1.5.5 added Silent FAQ link
    Last edited by octavos; 10-06-2011 at 09:36 AM.
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=54483&dateline=131136  6901
    PL-Ghosts | SL-DL-AL- Ghost | SL-DL-AL-Octavos

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to octavos For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    114 Posts

An excellent foundation for a guide. Typo: "Galixy" penthouse should be Galaxy. Let me know if you need help i have quiet alot of experience in the guild area.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    561 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cascade View Post
    An excellent foundation for a guide. Typo: "Galixy" penthouse should be Galaxy. Let me know if you need help i have quiet alot of experience in the guild area.
    Fantastic, I will need feed back as soon as I finish this guide from GM's in SL.

When its done, Ill pot it in info update.
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=54483&dateline=131136  6901

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

Nice job! +1

P.S.- It should be "tier" not "tear."
    Gandalf—Level 21 Arcane Legends Sorcerer
    Redeemed—Level 12 Sorcerer twink

Nighttrooper - Level 40 Commando [retired]
    Nightarcher - Level 60 Avian Archer [retired]

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts

When writing your guide, please mention:

1. You need to be cautious when promoting people to officers. They can boot everyone from your guild. Mention that this should be reported to STS, as this is a violation of TOS.
    2. Good GMs don't spam invites to everyone not in a guild.
    3. 95% of guild drama is caused by 5% of guild members. Many members (me included) never participate in drama, but we can't stand it.
    4. If you are running a guild-only run, password protect your games.

Good luck!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to IBNobody For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    51 Posts

Wow, really nice start, Octavos! I'm looking forward to reading the updates and the completed version and I'm sure it'll be a big, big help to folks.
    Rauen Haikus' dex 60 sammich-maker; Grievousangel Haikus' 58 Mage/Butler, Jeffrey; Diffie Wounded's 55 drink-mixer; Ghazaal Noobmigo's 47 cheerleader. SL: Rauen, 36 Op & Bod's turkey baster; Yosinabe 36 Engi; Chedaka 36 Comm

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

The biggest problem with leaving members would be they felt impersonalized. All new guild members should feel like family.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Draco Mikato For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts

IV. Which level tier to purchase (1, 2, or 3)
    25, 50 or 100 platinum ….to get a tier for your guild you will need platinum (See section II). Each has there benefits, help accommodate your future members.

All guild halls have a "Guild Terminal."

25-Cycorp “Dyna-Lounge” 2 WAY better guild hall appearance compared to the starting guild hall; New personal stash terminal.

50-Habitus “Battle Barracks” Compound Different guild hall appearance; has personal stash like in "Dyna-Lounge"; New discounted stimpack store. *Stimpacks are half off!*

100-DynaSTAR “Galaxy” PenthouseDifferent guild hall appearance; has personal stash like in "Dyna-Lounge" and "Battle Barracks."; Has discounted stimpack store like in "Battle Barracks."; New advanced enhancers store! *5 minute enhancers can be purchased with credits instead of platinum; Some enhancers have a small, discounted price; New 4X Enhancers!

You may re-word this, of course. I wrote this just in-case you didn't know some of these.

Also... I apologize if any of this information happens to be incorrect.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Carth For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    421 Posts

Nice start buddy, some spelling mistakes (im terrible for spotting them ) but im sure you will have it looking and being awesome soon!

Still trying to comprehend how 2k+ can die from Barrels O.o

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    427 Posts

Lookin good ghosty, cant wait to see the finished product. This should be stickied in the guild section for all GM's to read

"Annie are you okay? Are you okay? Are you okay Annie?" - The King of Pop, Michael Jackson
    Down With the Rep

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    561 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Lowlyspy View Post
    Lookin good ghosty, cant wait to see the finished product. This should be stickied in the guild section for all GM's to read
    Almost ready, need your guys input please wacha think?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    114 Posts

Its always good to have a guild forum so you can communicate seperately from in-game or the STS forums.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Cascade For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    303 Posts

A good guide for future GM's. This deserves +5.

Visit the SL Lore thread for more knowledge on the history behind SL! (Click me!)
    Visit the official Infinite Union Website to join the tribe, hang out, or chat in the forums!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Opinion:

It seems certain guilds, are of certain levels. You discuss certain members being ignored "to be a family".

What I'm trying to say is some members are low levels. Way to help certain level get to a goal level;
    tips and guide to avoid feeling ignored and unwanted for certain level would be nice.

Some may have been of level and left behind.

Friends of friends wanting to be in same guild

Maybe:
    - setting up a weekly alt leveling trip, to help low level main.

We have this trouble at times, and members leave due to feeling ignored. Your opinion , in your guide would be appreciated. Some tips in to avoid such. But all to know, it's never gonna be 100% avoided.

Great guide so far.

This is based on my opinion, not an attack nor a flame.

Litlnzane - 31 - Engineer
    Lilnzane - 10 - Operative
    (Neon Genesis)

20. The Following User Says Thank You to nzane For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    421 Posts

+1 now buddy looking like its coming together nicely

Proposal to be moved to Guild Thread and stickied when possible

As I am not a GM unable to add alot more to this, however I am a Co-GM and place all responsibility and methods on myself when the GM is busy irl etc. It seems that alot of the members within our guild appreciate this and any suggestions made etc I take on myself to discuss these ig or through out forum via PM's. Help process and implement these changes also ensuring that our meetings are continuing weekly. I have taken this on without the need to be asked as able to use own initiative and knowing my limits/boundaries on implementing huge processes without contact.from GM.

What I am trying to say having a Assistant GM or Co-GM helps out with alot of the processes and responsibilities of a GM which in turn helps both the Guild and GM in question when unable to be as active as they would like.

A previous Guild member ChunkyMonkey had created their own guild and added a bunch and started up the at slow pace, after a few days to a week Chunk come up and asked if he could ask me a few questions some like 'How do I keep the Guild managed? How to keep members active or want to be active? How do you and Cas run your Guild so well? etc. (He was at breaking point and nearly decided to disband his Guild)

My first question back to him was 'Do you have a member/officer in the Guild that is trustworthy and shows management skills etc.? He said there is one guy that had the potential.. I said why don't you appoint them as Co-GM? Chunk was a little hesitant at first but then decided to give it a go.

A few days lated Chunk comes up to me and thanks me eternally for suggesting this, his Guild was finally gaining new members and now he had a Co-GM that manages Guild when he can not be on, keeps all responsibilities in check etc. This gave him alot of etxra time and removed the stress this had been causing him. And best of all, he was the most happy person I've seen for a while.

Kinda baffled on a little there.. but I hope this makes all GM's realise how beneficial a Co-GM can and will be if this is needed due to rl commitments or just to have that little extra time to wind down and enjoy the Guild experience.

Still trying to comprehend how 2k+ can die from Barrels O.o

22. The Following User Says Thank You to BodMaster For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    561 Posts

Fantastic ladies and gentlemen (its done.....until i get more pics and comments lol)....now if I missed anything. please add to this post.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Default I haz a question

Star here from physical destruction. How do I get people to be social?
    Starsavior Commando | Spamhealer Engineer | Inventory Operative

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    561 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by starsavior View Post
    Mostly its a trust factor, In my pocket legends guild I have the same issue. hardly anyone wants to guild chat...but as i see my friends in the roster, there doing missions.
    To help (guild chat), is ask questions to members, Jokes, questions ect... some ppl are just shy because if they are new they don't want to be made fun of for a question they ask.

On a regular basis in Guildchat, ask if anyone has questions, if they dont....say a joke, if that don't work, do you need help leveling.
    members need to know they trust you. and whats a better way to earn trust is by leveling

Let me know your results k.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by octavos:432089
    Quote Originally Posted by starsavior View Post
    Mostly its a trust factor, In my pocket legends guild I have the same issue. hardly anyone wants to guild chat...but as i see my friends in the roster, there doing missions.
    To help (guild chat), is ask questions to members, Jokes, questions ect... some ppl are just shy because if they are new they don't want to be made fun of for a question they ask.

On a regular basis in Guildchat, ask if anyone has questions, if they dont....say a joke, if that don't work, do you need help leveling.
    members need to know they trust you. and whats a better way to earn trust is by leveling

Let me know your results k.
    alright ill try that.
    Starsavior Commando | Spamhealer Engineer | Inventory Operative

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    95 Posts

Nic....one...i needed this for so long...thnx mate