Thread: Request for unique boss spawns (to approaches included)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Request for unique boss spawns (to approaches included)

EDIT: OK, WTH....how did I miss a "W" in TWO. There are TWO approaches here =)

I'm just reposting an idea that was discussed and has the strong potential to get buried as the thread progresses. There were a lot of comments, so I hope I captured the overall idea accurately (we can always readjust ;-). This is intended to create more playability in-game for players, provide a bit of a change up for farmers, and provide incentive to push through more kills.

Option 1: Create a "special" dungeon that can only be accessed by clearing the previous board, that has unique (rare) loot available on that board. The request is for bosses to be unique as well.

Option A: Build a trigger that spawns a unique boss on the last board that is the most difficult, and drops unique loot (rare)

I like the idea of option A, as I think it would be fun to try and burn through only bosses on a board without having to kill all trash (a more fast action paced approach to farming). Option 1 seems easier to implement, as it would be a unique board...this would require more grinding since you have to kill everything though.

Let me know if I missed anything from the previous "farming" post. I wanted to present this idea independetly of the boss mechanic discussion

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,020 Posts

*Gives thumbs up* Nice idea

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts

To very good ideas
    I think something like this would be excellent. Even with lower drop rates, the most hardcore players don't really have any incentive for being as hard core as they are at this point. Even if the extra-rare loot was similar in stats to more common pinks, but just looked wicked cool that would be enough I think.
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6183&dateline=1275696  601
    Quote Originally Posted by conradin View Post
    To doubt Royce, is to doubt your sanity...
    Quote Originally Posted by TwinkTastical View Post
    Royce is right, You are WRONG. Live with it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

They're already considering hardcore dungeons :-)

I think it's all just a matter of time....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bmc85uk View Post
    They're already considering hardcore dungeons :-)

I think it's all just a matter of time....
    What ideas are they considering? I saw elite dungeons in the poll list (with solid votes too), but I haven't seen what this means. The elite dungeons need to have some type of incentive to run them other than difficulty imo

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Huzzah View Post
    What ideas are they considering? I saw elite dungeons in the poll list (with solid votes too), but I haven't seen what this means. The elite dungeons need to have some type of incentive to run them other than difficulty imo
    Well with quests comin there just might be incentive for these elite dungeons... We will only know when it's all released.
    Purearch ~lvl45 Archer~
    Xxstrpurexx ~lvl19 Str Twinky~
    Purehealz ~lvl45 Pally~
    Purehealztwo ~lvl19 Int Twinky

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Justg showed an interest in 'nightmare' dungeons as I remember, the thread encompasses ideas about harder dungeons that would require a good team, and loot tables unique to that dungeon :-)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Justg showed an interest in 'nightmare' dungeons as I remember, the thread encompasses ideas about harder dungeons that would require a good team, and loot tables unique to that dungeon :-)
    Yes, a dungeon that requires good team work/combo is important, currently almost any setup can complete a dungeon or kill a boss! The traditional Tank/DPS/Healer roles are not important at all currently as almost anyone can Tank almost anything.

Of course, a Super Unique loot table should be rewarded to winners of such a boss or dungeon or spawn

This would also promote Guild Participation, more thoughts and skills would be needed to complete the dungeon and reap the just rewards accordingly .

But at the end of the day, remember we're talking about a game on a mobile platform (a very good one, IMO ) so don't expect WOW or EQ style raids that requires hours of play. Maybe something do-able in 15 mins to 30 mins of solid team play
    [On a Break... Waiting for the next big update...]

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

All I want is a dungeon with one hard boss fight. By hard I don't mean that he can randomly one shot everyone but that if YOU mess up YOU die. Most of the time on Seth I just die Rez die Rez die, that's not hard that's annoying. I have plaid plenty of games on my iPhone that have had bosses that took time to figure out and coordination. That's all I want if it only last 10 min would be fine with me.

Izbar-Fnord 45 Enchantress BOO YAH!!!
    Izbart 45 Archer TWEET FREAKING TWEET!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

One shooting is down to stupidly high crit damage, bit off I'd you ask me

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

link please.

And bump; I haven't seen any discussion on this anywhere other than implied interest from the devs. I know this hasn't been added to the suggestion list, but I still want the devs to take notice of some of the suggestions posed here (and in the farming suggestion thread) even if they are thinking out "elite" or "nightmare" dungeons. This is one of the reasons I'm not crazy about a single point of contact thread filtering out what is considered "aggregate feedback."