Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Endgame Tank

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    382 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by CHINDUSTER View Post
    The trolling is quite heavy from a guy who got eliminated in a tournament, by another mage who played for two weeks.
    You're just embarrassing yourself now, Devon.

I'm trying very hard to keep my distance from you, but your constant passive aggressiveness and attention seeking insults are getting very, very old.

I have never claimed to be a perfect mage, or the best mage in the game. No, I don't have all the answers. Yes, I lose to bears at level 61 and 66 (why do I have to mention this). Yes, I lost 5-4 to a very skilled mage in a tournament. But I do think that I am decent enough to be able to have a little fun and incite humor on the forums once in a while when it comes to mage builds.

But what's even more ironic is your insane superiority complex that you flaunt endlessly whenever you speak. It's annoying. Nobody thinks it's funny. It's really astonishing how you not only claim to know so much about other classes (when all you play is bear, once again), but you also have the audacity to post mediocre builds such as the one above (that uses 9 ice storm and 9 weakness, lol).

Please, stick to bears. We get it, you won a tournament. We get it, you can play bear.

But for the love of all things holy please mind your own business and leave me (and everybody else you bully) alone.
    Last edited by Mothwing; 12-01-2016 at 08:30 PM.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mothwing For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    382 Posts

It would be bad if the intention was to kill. Seems the best considering it's a tank build, as the OP asked for.
    That build will get eaten alive by Warat bears and full Arzac birds if you just sit there and absorb damage all day long without debuffing dodge or damage with nightmare. Mages only have so much mana!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mothwing View Post
    That build will get eaten alive by Warat bears and full Arzac birds if you just sit there and absorb damage all day long without debuffing dodge or damage with nightmare. Mages only have so much mana!
    I don't think he knows anything about mage Lol. All he does is play Bear

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Rebula For This Useful Post:

Tournament & Ladder Leader XghostzX's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,204 Posts

I'm trying very hard to keep my distance from you, but your constant passive aggressiveness and attention seeking insults are getting very, very old.

I have never claimed to be a perfect mage, or the best mage in the game. No, I don't have all the answers. Yes, I lose to bears at level 61 and 66 (why do I have to mention this). Yes I lost 5-4 to a very skilled mage in a tournament. But I do think that I am decent enough to be able to have a little fun and incite humor on the forums once in a while when it comes to mage builds.

But what's even more ironic is your insane superiority complex that you flaunt endlessly whenever you speak. It's annoying. Nobody thinks it's funny. It's really astonishing how you not only claim to know so much about other classes (when all you play is bear, once again), but you also have the audacity to post mediocre builds such as the one above (that uses 9 ice storm and 9 weakness, lol).

Please, stick to bears. We get it, you won a tournament. We get it, you can play bear.

But for the love of all things holy please mind your own business and leave me (and everybody else you bully) alone.
    Remind me to thank this post!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to XghostzX For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    490 Posts

Name:  tank.png
Views: 193
Size:  59.6 KB .
    I often ask myself, why am I so attractive?

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Xyzther For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts

I have never claimed to be a perfect mage, or the best mage in the game. No, I don't have all the answers. Yes, I lose to bears at level 61 and 66 (why do I have to mention this). Yes I lost 5-4 to a very skilled mage in a tournament. But I do think that I am decent enough to be able to have a little fun and incite humor on the forums once in a while when it comes to mage builds.

Woah man calm down. I haven't insulted anyone, I simple stated past events. What did you find "insulting"? I also do not care for your attention, rather, I enjoy being entertained by you. These are the forums after all.

Insane superiority complex? I simply state facts and truth, nothing more. I know quite a bit about Mage, Bird, and Rhino, ("how is that possible!?!?") because I play them, duh. As far as "mediocre builds" go, the OP asked for a "Tank" build. I believe what I posted is the best build for it's role, and much better than "9 revive".

Also you lost 5-3. Double it, and that's equivalent to losing 10-6.

Bullying?! Me? Never! I enjoy helping others and dislike those who troll and lie. Hence, the fact I was the only person to give the OP a legitimate build towards his liking.

Quote Originally Posted by XghostzX View Post
    He doesn't do end game, bro. Don't think he knows
    Hope you're referring to the OP. He asked for a tank build, not me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Suh View Post
    9 Nightmare > 9 Weakness anyday though
    Not when you want to tank.
    I agree. Having a tank build isn't ideal, yet that's what he asked for.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    490 Posts

It would be bad if the intention was to kill. Seems the best considering it's a tank build, as the OP asked for.
    Going by that logic, why didn't you suggest this then? More tanking

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Xyzther For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts

Instead of you all concentrating on me and critiquing what I post, how about you read what the thread is about, give a legitimate build/suggestion, THEN critique whatever food I lay on the table for you to stare at. (I gurantee it'll taste good)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Xyzther View Post
    Going by that logic, why didn't you suggest this then? More tanking

That would impose all of it's viability. Max buffs, always.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    382 Posts

I also do not care for your attention, rather, I enjoy being entertained by you. These are the forums after all.
    That is the definition of a troll/bully. Also, that's not how forums work.

I know quite a bit about Mage, Bird, and Rhino, ("how is that possible!?!?") because I play them, duh.
    News to me (and everyone else).

As far as "mediocre builds" go, the OP asked for a "Tank" build. I believe what I posted is the best build for it's role, and much better than "9 revive".

Happy?

See the difference is my post was an obvious joke, which everyone except you seemed to understand.

A best to 5 does not equal a best to 10, like ever. You should watch more sports if you think this is true.

Bullying?! Me? Never! I enjoy helping others and dislike those who troll and lie.
    Just rofl, the hypocrisy.
    Last edited by Mothwing; 12-01-2016 at 08:58 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    382 Posts

Also you seem to be having trouble with the term "tank". I think you are mistaking it with the term "pally," which is the only type of mage you own (at 56). I can tank just fine without 9 weakness, due to Magor's stats. Then again you would understand that if you actually had a mage.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Mothwing For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    382 Posts

But he asked for a tank build Devon! Why in the world would you need damage buff?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Woah man calm down. I haven't insulted anyone, I simple stated past events. What did you find "insulting"? I also do not care for your attention, rather, I enjoy being entertained by you. These are the forums after all.

Insane superiority complex? I simply state facts and truth, nothing more. I know quite a bit about Mage, Bird, and Rhino, ("how is that possible!?!?") because I play them, duh. As far as "mediocre builds" go, the OP asked for a "Tank" build. I believe what I posted is the best build for it's role, and much better than "9 revive".

Bullying?! Me? Never! I enjoy helping others and dislike those who troll and lie. Hence, the fact I was the only person to give the OP a legitimate build towards his liking.

Hope you're referring to the OP. He asked for a tank build, not me.

Not when you want to tank.

I agree. Having a tank build isn't ideal, yet that's what he asked for.
    Do you even have a 80 mage?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    490 Posts

Yes normally your build would be superior to my counter suggestion, but as you said, the purpose is purely for tanking. The switch I made only reduces offensive abilities (much like your 9 Weakness 0 nightmare) and improves on defense. In terms of tanking and only tanking, my suggestion is better. If you want to get the best possible build for purely tanking though, there are two possibilites:

or

The reason BoM is rank 9 instead of 1 here is so your drain life can do more damage (thus healing you more). Personally I would think, in terms of tanking, that the first option is better than the second because the hit and damage debuff from ice storm is a lot better than the one given by lighting. If you have a better tank build suggestion feel free to post it down and provide an explanation.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts

Do you even have a 80 mage?
    Do you even read?
    Quote Originally Posted by Xyzther View Post
    Yes normally your build would be superior to my counter suggestion, but as you said, the purpose is purely for tanking. The switch I made only reduces offensive abilities (much like your 9 Weakness 0 nightmare) and improves on defense. In terms of tanking and only tanking, my suggestion is better. If you want to get the best possible build for purely tanking though, there are two possibilites:

or

The reason BoM is rank 9 instead of 1 here is so your drain life can do more damage (thus healing you more). Personally I would think, in terms of tanking, that the first option is better than the second because the hit and damage debuff from ice storm is a lot better than the one given by lighting. If you have a better tank build suggestion feel free to post it down and provide an explanation.
    I believe my build to be the most viable as kiting leads to reduction of damage, hence, allowing one to tank longer and better. Avoiding damage is equivalent to dodging which is the best defensive stat to have in endgame.

Let's say this mage was put into a 2v1 situation, being able to kite one of the two people would be very ideal as it leads to longer survivability.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    490 Posts

Do you even read?

I believe my build to be the most viable as kiting leads to reduction of damage, hence, allowing one to tank longer and better. Avoiding damage is equivalent to dodging which is the best defensive stat to have in endgame.

Let's say this mage was put into a 2v1 situation, being able to kite one of the two people would be very ideal as it leads to longer survivability.
    Fair enough, but in that case it's still tankier to have 9 ms and 1 BoM, in regards to purely tanking. So if you take the kiting approach, the second suggestion of the two should be the best, with the level 6 ice storm. If you're mainly kiting farther than 6m, just take out ice storm completely and make fire storm level 7.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    382 Posts

Bullying?! Me? Never!
    Do you even read?
    ???????????????

You could say yes or no.

Yeah then you get demolished when you run out of mana
    Last edited by Mothwing; 12-01-2016 at 09:32 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Do you even read?

Do you honestly think a mage with 0 nightmare is going to get a single kill?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    382 Posts

Do you honestly think a mage with 0 nightmare is going to get a single kill?
    Rofl, exactly.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts

That is the definition of a troll/bully. Also, that's not how forums work.

News to me (and everyone else).

Happy?

See the difference is my post was an obvious joke, which everyone except you seemed to understand.

A best to 5 does not equal a best to 10, like ever. You should watch more sports if you think this is true.

Just rofl, the hypocrisy.
    Is it? Guess I am one to you then, sorry.

You've fought my bear, bird, and mage though.

Okay.

It was a troll. I called it a troll. What did I not understand?

This is a game, not a sport. 5-3 doubled is 10-6.

Hypocrisy? In what way?
    Also you seem to be having trouble with the term "tank". I think you are mistaking it with the term "pally," which is the only type of mage you own (at 56). I can tank just fine without 9 weakness, due to Magor's stats. Then again you would understand that if you actually had a mage.
    You literally contradicted yourself here. You say I own a 56 pally, then you say I have no mage. Make up your mind! If anything I am the most capable for advice as you do not play "tank" mages, obviously.
    But he asked for a tank build Devon! Why in the world would you need damage buff?
    For 9 drain? Duh.