Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Revised New Class Contest.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    315 Posts

Exclamation Revised New Class Contest.

After looking at the earlier one I posted, I have decided to change up the rules.
    This contest is asking for you to create a new character. A new class, that is.
    You are required to do the following in order to submit an entry(I might put examples next to some words. Make your own!):

Name:
    Stat(a new stat besides INT, STR, DEX):
    Weapon Type Used(Gun, Staff, Sword):
    Description(Describe your character, possibly give it a storyline and some background information. Weight/height, etc. Special personal abilities? This should be ATLEAST SIX SENTENCES long.):
    Specialized in(tank, support, damage):
    One possible pink weapon set for this class:
    One possible vanity:
    If Developers were to make this a class, and you created one of your own characters, what would you name it?
    Why do you think your class should be made?
    (State ATLEAST 3 points as to how this class would help run dungeons and support other classes as well as performing in PVP. Also, then add a small paragraph(3 sentences) explaining why your class is good.)

You will not have to do anything else besides this entry. Extra art/stuff is optional, and everyone has the same chance of winning; the contest will be judged ONLY on the creativeness and well-thought process/explanation of the new class.

The prize is unannounced.
    There is no entrance fee.
    Deadline is end of October. HALLOWEEN.
    That give you any ideas?

ALSO PLEASE NO OYSTERS!
    NO PET ROCKS EITHER!!!!

Be creative, think about it. And remember, ANYONE can win, just purely based on imagination.
    I will have a few developers pick, since they were the ones who made original three classes.

Last of all, don't simply just post an entry here for the heck of it.
    REALLY THINK ABOUT IT! REALLY BE CREATIVE!
    If I see an entry within 5 minutes of this post, I'll automatically assume it was done just to enter easy and I'll completely ignore it.

I set the paragraph lengths plus requirements so it SHOULD take you atleast 5 minutes.
    I hope...

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Whirlzap For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    471 Posts

Sigh. I'm so not redoing all the writing i did for the last one lol :/

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    37 Posts

Reserved.

Burp...

Ill copy, poste, edit, rework the one I made and started in the previous thread.

For now ill take my showa.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    148 Posts

Turtle - shaman
    Wisdom
    Weapons:magical gloves and totems
    Description: the old turtles of alterra they have a long longevity thanks to not just there species but there magic they gain power from experiences and wisdom they have the powers and knowledge to bend the world to there needs to heal with herbs and heal over time with water burn with fire and electrify with lighting speed up with air and toughen with earth they can use magical powers natural but yet...unatural they have alot of boost but there down fall is there damage they can do formidable damage that just suffices but all that is repleaced with there survavibility
    Speciality:support
    Possible pink weapon:glyphs glove of the darkness
    Possible pink armor: glyphs cloth of the wise
    Possible pink sheild:glyphs tome of the dark spells
    Possible pink helm :glyph cap of nuri's nightmare
    Possible vanity alaskan totem of wilderness
    Phoenixdoc
    I think we need this char for the reason that mage doesnt really cover he ehole area of support just a lil glympse of it
    •shamans would be good for PvE for the reason that it can survive and heal buffing up its allies it doesnt mean it cant do it by itself as it can heal and wither oponents down with nature power
    •shamans can have a fair chance at pvp by healing and using hots buffing up its defense and power and use nature attacks to hurt opponents
    •shamans are good for boss fights as they can debuff thrm and buff there allies making it a easier fight for everybody
    Skills
    Ember burst: creates a flame on the opponent that spreads alittle (like blast shot)
    Earthquake:sends a shockwave that shakes the earth AoE damage 50%knockdown
    Water blessing:sorounds player with water boost hs and ms AoE HoT and MoT after hot mot buffs dodge 1% (rank 1) 1 more each rank
    Thick grass:sorounds foe with grass dealing damage everytime it moves it also slows them down
    Lighting shockwave:shoots a shockwave of electricity attacking 6m AoE around target paralyzes
    Rock hard:user cover itself with earth thats impeccable boost defense rank 1 15 11 more every rank lowers speed
    Wind force:send a blast of wind cone attack repulses eveeything amd deals moderate damage
    Tsunami:a AoE attack does high damage and lowers hit and speed long cooldown
    Rooting soul:the user roots itself and its opponent taking damage and healing it self and other members
    Lava spill:the user burst lava to stop and burn cone range attack dot plus no movement
    Wind push:the user sorounds itself with wind making it move more agily buffs dodge speed and crit
    Tornado:user summons a mighty tornadoe crushing everything AoE dot around target and pulls sourounding opponents to target(as of target beckoning his team)

-Phoenix ARMADA
    Last edited by Phoenixking; 09-30-2011 at 05:35 PM.
    When there is too much

Don't forget

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    315 Posts

yeah, that's a nice idea there.
    Mages aren't actually 100% support, so that Turtle could be good.
    Last edited by Whirlzap; 09-26-2011 at 11:41 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    148 Posts

Im doing peice by peice cause if not i am afraid it didnt auto save and i did some stuff for nothing cause im checking the requirements on another tab >.<
    When there is too much

Don't forget

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Name: Monk/Brawler/Frog
    New Stat: Chi - Required for new weapon types. Chi Directly affects H/S, M/S.
    Weapon Type Used: Fists/Boxing Gloves/Claws/Guantlets/Staves [Leaning more towards defense vs. offense. Dps mainly obtained through skills, some exceptions would apply such as the use of poisonous
    claws for example].
    Description: "Everyone has a spirit that can be refined, a body that can be trained in some manner, a suitable path to follow. You are here to realize your inner divinity and manifest your innate enlightenment." - Morihei Ueshiba
    Monks are the masters of hand-to-hand combat relying on their martial arts training to see them through difficult times. The Monk is the only class that has the ability to perform several mini combos (not necessarily the same existing combos) without the assistance of the other three classes, sacrificing large ammounts of both health and mana to perform such feats (think of a long chain of skills in which dps escalates vs. large spike damage). The Monk can also buff his party by increasing dodge, Hit%, H/S, or M/S in return, losing health and mana regen for these types of buffs. They also have several types of immunity like abilties that negate debuffs such as slow, root, dots, etc, and can counter an enemies attack. Without the proper timing or use of their skills, the Monk will quickly find themselves at deaths door, but if they can practice self restraint and discipline they will become a useful allies against the foes of Alterra.
    Specialized in: None.
    Key Points: [Non-AoE Abilties] [Combo Masters] [Sacrificial Skills] [No Self Heals] [Counter Attack Abilities]
    One possible pink weapon set for this class: Wart Tattoos of the Toad, Wart Knuckles of the Toad, Wart Arm Wraps of the Toad or Knuckles, and Wart Robes of the Toad.
    One possible vanity: Bug Necklace (Dragonfly, Spider, Fly, etc).
    If Developers were to make this a class, and you created one of your own characters, what would you name it? Fenghuang.
    Why do you think your class should be made?
    1. Extra buffs that work along the side of other class buffs (always a plus in my book).
    2. This class adds a chess game feel and brings a whole new layer to the game. This class is more catered towards the seasoned Pocket Legends player, but anyone could pickup this class so long as they abide by the whole Yin & Yang concept.
    3. In PvP I imagine this class being, who does what and when. The Monk is going to have predict what the other player is going to do and adjust accordingly in order to win. While the other player is monitoring the health of the Monk waiting for that crucial moment to strike.
    4. AND it's a freaking FROG, hello!!
    For the most part I believe I hit all the main reasons why I would love to have this class in the game. Really I wrote this up to start the juices flowing for other contestants and I'm interested
    to read the other entries. I probably should of been more specifics on all the abilities but it's enough right now to get an overall idea (I may update later).

Some of my other ideas I was thinking of using; Races: Fox, Frog, Wolf, Newt/Salamander, Lynx, Turtle, and an Ayeaye. Classes: Frog Monk Fist, Fox Theif Traps, Newt/Salamander Bard.

I was working on a combo guide and I was reading about this contest and I was instantly inspired by this classic character!

Name:  Frog___Chrono_Trigger_by_EmperorAtma.jpg
Views: 642
Size:  98.4 KB
    Last edited by Orcish; 09-27-2011 at 02:52 AM.
    Grimtigrex - "I like people who take time out of there life to help other people. Thank you!"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Orcish View Post

Name:  Frog___Chrono_Trigger_by_EmperorAtma.jpg
Views: 642
Size:  98.4 KB
    isn't that frog from chrono trigger?
    i think i let him die when i played lol
    Last edited by Barrington; 09-27-2011 at 12:16 PM.
    STS SUBREDDIT
    Reddit / Steam have claimed me and my soul. aka less Spacetime games

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    315 Posts

Chrono trigger?
    I love Chrono Cross, the second one.

I like the idea of H/S and M/S. Last night I was thinking of what else there could be besides armor dps and buffs and here we have regen rates^^

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    471 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Barrington View Post
    isn't that frog from chrono trigger?
    He wasn't claiming that as his work, he merely mentioned that he was inspired by it.
    So don't come in guns hot at mr. Orcish

As for an entry, I'll make something entirely new. I'll wait a few weeks before starting to see how the contest plays out.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to RedRyder For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by RedRyder View Post
    He wasn't claiming that as his work, he merely mentioned that he was inspired by it.
    So don't come in guns hot at mr. Orcish

As for an entry, I'll make something entirely new. I'll wait a few weeks before starting to see how the contest plays out.
    i was talking about the picture only it seemed familiar i havent played the game in a long time
    STS SUBREDDIT
    Reddit / Steam have claimed me and my soul. aka less Spacetime games

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    630 Posts

Name: Squirrel (Bard)
    Stat(a new stat besides INT, STR, DEX): Charisma!
    Weapon Type Used(Gun, Staff, Sword): Claws
    Description(Describe your character, possibly give it a storyline and some background information. Weight/height, etc. Special personal abilities? This should be ATLEAST SIX SENTENCES long.): Quick and agile the friendly Squirrel bards have a bit of heal AOE (less than mage) as well as skills akin to the "dance" in Nuri's (large debuffs). They also have some very good skills for single target damage at close range. They are a Nomadic people who stumbled across Altera and decided to stay for the profusion of trees. I am not giving out height/weight information because it would be rude to reveal such details with said Squirrel permission. Weapons would be all kinds of claws and a choice between flamboyant uniforms for the ones inclined more towards large public representations to the black dress reminiscent of a ninja for when spying or snooping around for walnuts.
    Specialized in(tank, support, damage): support/damage hybrid.
    One possible pink weapon set for this class: Black set with mask and claws. (of the void! of course)
    One possible vanity: Disco ball hat, just because.
    If Developers were to make this a class, and you created one of your own characters, what would you name it? ElSquirrelDeLaMuerte!
    Why do you think your class should be made? Hello?!?! Squirrels!

Name:  banjo_squirrel.jpg
Views: 540
Size:  73.6 KB
    Last edited by StompArtist; 09-27-2011 at 08:11 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    471 Posts

Lmao stomp I'd personally draw it for you

ELITE
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    110 Posts

A dolphin entry would win.

Obviously.

But I'll let someone else create the entry to win the prize.

Whatever it is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixking View Post
    Grrr they answer drews question but not mine! That makes me mad,grrrrrrrrrrrr!
    Quote Originally Posted by Physiologic View Post
    We have leet lv 55-56 players dying at Plasma Pyramid...
    Quote Originally Posted by Tengotengo View Post
    It's like someone gave me a bag of M&Ms, but there's a handful of candy-coated rabbit turds in the bag somewhere.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by StompArtist View Post
    Name: Squirrel (Bard)
    Stat(a new stat besides INT, STR, DEX): Charisma!
    Weapon Type Used(Gun, Staff, Sword): Claws
    Description(Describe your character, possibly give it a storyline and some background information. Weight/height, etc. Special personal abilities? This should be ATLEAST SIX SENTENCES long.): Quick and agile the friendly Squirrel bards have a bit of heal AOE (less than mage) as well as skills akin to the "dance" in Nuri's (large debuffs). They also have some very good skills for single target damage at close range. They are a Nomadic people who stumbled across Altera and decided to stay for the profusion of trees. I am not giving out height/weight information because it would be rude to reveal such details with said Squirrel permission. Weapons would be all kinds of claws and a choice between flamboyant uniforms for the ones inclined more towards large public representations to the black dress reminiscent of a ninja for when spying or snooping around for walnuts.
    Specialized in(tank, support, damage): support/damage hybrid.
    One possible pink weapon set for this class: Black set with mask and claws. (of the void! of course)
    One possible vanity: Disco ball hat, just because.
    If Developers were to make this a class, and you created one of your own characters, what would you name it? ElSquirrelDeLaMuerte!
    Why do you think your class should be made? Hello?!?! Squirrels!

Name:  banjo_squirrel.jpg
Views: 540
Size:  73.6 KB
    Haha that's awsome! You and your squirrely wrath lol.
    Grimtigrex - "I like people who take time out of there life to help other people. Thank you!"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

Here's my entry!

Class: Ninja
    Weapon: class specific dual wield weapons and shurikens, cannot use ranged weapons
    Stat: Agility, best stat for dodge and every 100 stat points increase move speed by 1.2

Here is a sketch by a friend and he gave me the permission to use it, but if it's not allowed I'll draw my own
    Name:  123.jpg
Views: 531
Size:  80.7 KB

History:

Since the ancient times of Alterra a group of humans lived deep within the area of Dark Forest. As soon as they were born they would be trained to their very limits, to cover their disadvantage of nature skills from other races (bird, bear, mage). As they improved over time, they formed a squad of the very most elite ninjas and maintained peace. The secret squad destroyed half the Alien's defenses before the heroes got there, and quietly went back in to the shadows like they always do. Though currently they are facing a crisis, the force of the entire vampire race has surrounded them on Mount Fang. Many heroes are on the way but
    Quote Originally Posted by Samhayne View Post
    Mt Fang is still a little bit further out.
    In PVE, they are like the scouts who runs ahead of tanks and debuffs the enemies while on the dodge buffs, than running back behind the tanks and dealing damage and procs to the mob group. They're weapon stats consists mainly of crit, aoe debuff procs and health regen. They're BONUS ABILITY also makes them dodge monsters, and add a chance theme to the toon.

Skills~
    Buffs: a speed buff, a regen buff, a dodge buff and a crit buff
    Attack: Multiple slashes of sword, a propelling skills that shoots the player 10m ahead, shoots shurikens with bleed proc, a DOT (thanks whirlz ) that lasts 10 seconds which does 20 damage per second regardless of armor and also a 30% chance of a burn proc
    Debuffs: (aoe) a root-like debuff, (aoe) -h/s, -m/s, dodge debuff, hit debuff, (aoe) speed slow debuff, armor debuff

BONUS ABILITY: Unlocked after lvl 50, everytime your toon dodges 5 attacks in a row, they temporarily gain 5 EXTRA dodge for 5 seconds. Best thing is, THEY STACK! So you could keep getting higher dodge until the max, which is 50 dodge unbuffed . Upon recieving it, you will have text above your head saying CAN'T HIT ME!!!

Advantages:
    Ninjas are agile and hard to hit. They may use their skills to zoom in and out your skill range to attack and dodge, and once up close they are extremely deadly. They have good survivability as well, with dodge buffs and the BONUS ABILITY and can run away from danger zones fast. They also debuff you like crazy, so if you don't dodge their debuffs in pvp you would be doomed

Disadvantages:
    Attacks limited due to most of their skills being 4-8m and no skills at 12m, if skills aren't timed correctly, they could be kited easily. Also knockback skills if hit, are deadly to them as they will be vulnerable to attacks and unable to fight back. They cannot use range weapons or they would be OP .

Icons and names for some skills:

Ending slash (slash) Supreme Evasion (dodge buff) Nature Release (regen)
    Maximum Propel (propelling) Shriken Dance (shoot shuriken with bleed proc)
    Fiery Cut (DOT and probability of burn proc)

The above are some ideas for skill icons.

Specialized in(tank, support, damage): Support and damage
    One possible pink weapon set for this class: Glyph Elusive Silk Helm of Darkness , Glyph Elusive Dual Piercers of Darkness, Glyph Elusive Evading Armor of Darkness
    One possible vanity: Evil Shadow Mask e.g.
    If Developers were to make this a class, and you created one of your own characters, what would you name it? Kakashi (from Naruto )
    Why do you think your class should be made? It is a all-around class and is unique in skills, stats, equips and how to play, and is balanced and Pocket Legends is a bit too cartoonish IMO, so this cool character is perfect to attract more people to play!

Overall, Ninjas are a stealthy class and is the hardest to use of all classes, but are extremely powerful if you can use them to their full extent. They are an all around class, with good defense, offense and what really shines are their debuffs. They are the future kings of pvp!

Hope you like it!
    Last edited by NoobianOfAlterra; 09-30-2011 at 04:45 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

Soz for double posting but I will update this often, so wait for the final version!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    315 Posts

Good ideas! I like especially that speed slow and other types of buffs.
    And the bleeding is a nice idea too, some DOT stuff as a proc in the future perhaps?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Name: Bandit (would be a raccoon)

Stat(a new stat besides INT, STR, DEX): Agility or Finesse, would increase movement speed and raise crit to deal big hits in quick amounts of time.

Weapon Type Used(Gun, Staff, Sword): Daggers or a thrown dagger typed weapon

Description -Raised in large cities with many people, this poor animal had to make a living somehow. The animal trained himself how to be agile and quick and stealth-like in order to pickpocket and steal from citizens, hints the name bandit. The bandit is medium height and lightweight so it can maneuver quickly. the raccoon specializes in stealthy abilities, like quick attacks or sprinting up to the enemy, a temporary invisibility.

Specialized in(tank, support, damage): DPS

One possible pink weapon set for this class:
    Helm-Shaded hood of the agile
    Chest- Shaded cloak of the nimble
    Weapon- Shaded daggers of the quick

One possible vanity: a bandana or hood, for the shield it could be a constant smoke screen

If Developers were to make this a class, and you created one of your own characters, what would you name it? Like IGN wise it'd be something like Shade

Why do you think your class should be made? Their isn't a class focused on ONLY melee dps and I think their should be one, it'd be pretty cool and I think every would enjoy it.

(State ATLEAST 3 points as to how this class would help run dungeons and support other classes as well as performing in PVP. Also, then add a small paragraph(3 sentences) explaining why your class is good.)

Well it would be another type of dps, a more fast striking one, with lower weapon damage but a higher rate, like .4 or even .3

It would also have charging capabilities, lost of stuns and slows, even poisons. Slows would be for slowing the target then even using an ability like dash or sprint to run to the enemy that is escaping.

EDIT: did not read any other posts before mine but just did and some of the stuff is similar >_< sorry but I didn't copy just to let you know!

EDIT 2: added weapon set
    Last edited by Nourish; 09-27-2011 at 07:01 PM.
    Nourish 36 Engineer | Glu 36 Commando | Tacticz 36 Operative

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    82 Posts

Name: turtle
    Stat(a new stat besides INT, STR, DEX): constitution
    Weapon Type Used(Gun, Staff, Sword): Claws/gloves
    Description(Describe your character, possibly give it a storyline and some background information. Weight/height, etc. Special personal abilities? This should be ATLEAST SIX SENTENCES long.): the turtles of alterra were thout long extinct, until finally revealing themselves again to the world, emerging from croc's swamp in numbers greater than any could have imagined. The story of the turtles is a sad one indeed. It all started when the turtle tribesmen were called upon by the bear and avian legions to help stem the flow of orcs and yetis pouring in from the north. The turtles readily agreed, wanting nothing more than to help cleanse the realm of these vile creatures. So one by one each turtle outfitted himself for battle, each with his own custom fitted helm, plate, and claws. Each plate was as thick as dragon hide, and their claws twice as sharp. The turtles marched for miles to reach their allies, only to find a bloody battlefield, empty aside from one soul. The overlord. And as they rushed to avenge their fallen comrades they simply disappeared, one and all vanished from space and time never to return, or so it seemed...
    Specialized in(tank, support, damage): tank
    One possible pink weapon set for this class: razor fine claws of justice
    One possible vanity:different shell color maybe? Kinda running outta steam haha.
    If Developers were to make this a class, and you created one of your own characters, what would you name it? Generic, yes. Awesome, yes. Michelangelo.
    Why do you think your class should be made? Tribesmen
    They would have beefy hp because of the increased constitution, good defense, maybe throw in some raise dead type spell? Not like Mage, like minions. And voodoo, which which makes all enemies within a certain radius confused and attack each other.