Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: I think it is too much work to unlock expansion tiers

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    139 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Potato is me View Post
    I think the problem is the lack of incentive to run the map and not ranking up taking too much effort. If there are good incentives to run the maps, im pretty sure time will pass very fast for everyone and that most of the people will not complain about how tedious it is to rank up
    That and these badges+proofs are the only thing making this expansion lack... and don't say pink drops because you have to get lucky for a pink drop worth more than 10-40k

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    64 Posts

First of all if sts understand that they are asking tons of points and give all players time to grind points won't be a problem we need that expansion ,season last so even busy players have time to reach the ranks if expansion will last long points are good otherwise need fix! The worst part of expansion isn't the points but badges,proofs u spent ur hard earned tokens for something that u don't want at all! After 500 runs u will just have bought some badges/ proofs that is a bit boring cause u work hard and u didn't got something shiny like weapon/ armor etc that making grinding boring! I like the new token style of expansion just badges,proofs aren't necessary or cost too much so ppl losing the fun and continue run the same map without even got a new armor! Thts my opinion at all!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    139 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by greekAL View Post
    First of all if sts understand that they are asking tons of points and give all players time to grind points won't be a problem we need that expansion ,season last so even busy players have time to reach the ranks if expansion will last long points are good otherwise need fix! The worst part of expansion isn't the points but badges,proofs u spent ur hard earned tokens for something that u don't want at all! After 500 runs u will just have bought some badges/ proofs that is a bit boring cause u work hard and u didn't got something shiny like weapon/ armor etc that making grinding boring! I like the new token style of expansion just badges,proofs aren't necessary or cost too much so ppl losing the fun and continue run the same map without even got a new armor! Thts my opinion at all!
    Yeah as if the community goal wasn't enough we still have hundreds of runs to do just to get into the next stage just imagine the next stage 600 tokens for proofs and badge instead of just letting us buy a prize we have to save literally every token we make to get to the next part of the mausoleum which is insane for us with little time on our hands to play a PICK UP AND PLAY mmorpg

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts

Well tbh the expansion this time was good rather than the past expansions, it gives me a goal to grind on. Especially for the elite bearer one, but the op post has also a point the number of points needed and tokens to access the maus are rather too much for casual players. But then again i really like this kind of expansion that gives me a reason to go online everyday for daily tokens / points etc, big thanks for the devs on this expansion.

"I used to be an adventurer like you. Then i took an Arrow in the knee."

5. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Runel Joseph Ruiz For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    139 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Runel Joseph Ruiz View Post
    Well tbh the expansion this time was good rather than the past expansions, it gives me a goal to grind on. Especially for the elite bearer one, but the op post has also a point the number of points needed and tokens to access the maus are rather too much for casual players. But then again i really like this kind of expansion that gives me a reason to go online everyday for daily tokens / points etc, big thanks for the devs on this expansion.

"I used to be an adventurer like you. Then i took an Arrow in the knee."
    Yes the expansion is good it's just there's a lot of things that don't make any sense like spending your entire reward fund on proofs and badges to be able to work more

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Didn't all past expansions require a huge amount of work and tedium?

How many runs did people run in tindrin when it can out. Mostly in the first map.

What about rengol, planar tombs, underhul?

Every expansion is the same. A crap load of grinding is required if you want to increase the power of your character.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    88 Posts

People ran elite during the tindirin during that expansion lol it took me 16 elite runs to get 1 mil off of elite drag chests back when they were 90-80k

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Legallyblonde View Post
    People ran elite during the tindirin during that expansion lol it took me 16 elite runs to get 1 mil off of elite drag chests back when they were 90-80k
    I'm not sure what your point is.

So you got lucky and made a million.

You can get lucky and make millions running graveyard as mausoleum as well.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    139 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zaocajede View Post
    Didn't all past expansions require a huge amount of work and tedium?

How many runs did people run in tindrin when it can out. Mostly in the first map.

What about rengol, planar tombs, underhul?

Every expansion is the same. A crap load of grinding is required if you want to increase the power of your character.

The grinding isn't the point here it's the grinding for nothing aspect of this expansion
    Here go these thousands of runs just to be able to run the next little piece
    All of those expansions you mentioned had elite content soon after release that gave us players a good amount of profit without having to work hard for weeks upon weeks just to be able to run the content...

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Plqgue For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    139 Posts

I'm not sure what your point is.

So you got lucky and made a million.

You can get lucky and make millions running graveyard as mausoleum as well.

The point legally is making if you did a thousand runs of elite tinindrin back then you could afford anything in game do a thousand runs of mausoleum and graveyard and you can afford to buy a badge and a proof to unlock the next floor and you HAVE TOSAVE THE REST FOR THE NEXT BADGE AND PROOF

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Plqgue For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Default I think it is too much work to unlock expansion tiers

Quote Originally Posted by Plqgue View Post
    The point legally is making if you did a thousand runs of elite tinindrin back then you could afford anything in game do a thousand runs of mausoleum and graveyard and you can afford to buy a badge and a proof to unlock the next floor and you HAVE TOSAVE THE REST FOR THE NEXT BADGE AND PROOF
    As many have already stated. You have to grind 300 runs in graveyard to move on.

It gets much much easier to gain tokens.

I'm a casual 1-2 hour a day player as well yet I have 57 k points and 900 tokens.

I've gotten 17 tokens in one maus 4 run on a few occasions.

I don't think having to do a little work to access new content is a bad thing. It's better than having everything handed to you.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Zaocajede For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    139 Posts

As many have already stated. You have to grind 300 runs in graveyard to move on.

It gets much much easier to gain tokens.

I'm a casual 1-2 hour a day player as well yet I have 57 k points and 900 tokens.

I've gotten 17 tokens in one maus 4 run on a few occasions.

I don't think having to do a little work to access new content is a bad thing. It's better than having everything handed to you.

250 for the first set of proofs and badges then 300 then 600 it's ridiculous and. It takes away from the fun as you still need thousands of tokens for weapons and gear and upgrading them.....a little work is OK but a few thousand runs is ridiculous

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    47 Posts

STS can't win, no matter what they try to do.

In the old days, you finish a level, the next one opens up. Once those levels got old, elites were added. People would complain that it was too easy and too fast to farm and beat these levels, and items that drop lose their value quickly once more hit the market. I remember Tindrin being this way, everyone on the boards complained it was too easy and too fast, and blamed STS for not having enough content. They did some experimenting and tweaking for Underhul and the Orc expansion, but for the most part, you beat those levels, the next was available.

Flash forward to now. STS gives us a way to pace ourselves to level up, to run courses through personal and community goals, trying to do waves of content releasing instead of one lump sum, and they add decent gold drops at the end game level that only get better with gold loot % weapons and luck, and players are complaining about it taking too long and it's too much of a grind to do this...

Frankly, as a casual player from the beginning, I'm ok taking my time leveling up. I'm ok running a few graveyards, elites, arena battles. It's not my life, it's something to do when my life slows down. I know the gold, platinum, and items don't translate to real life success or money... it's really not that big of a deal, life gets harder than this...

The game's evolved. It needed to evolve to stay alive. So, enjoy the content as it becomes available. Enjoy the end game runs. Enjoy farming wherever. Enjoy the fact that you don't need an insane billions of gold to get certain items, like an arcane ring, or a Nekro, or gear... In the beginning when things were an astronomical amount of millions of gold, I couldn't get even really good gear. Now, with proper saving, farming, and even less grinding, I can reach really GOOD gear at a fraction of what it used to cost. Makes the game way more fun and the grind worth it, when you can get great gold drops in a shorter amount of time, like graveyard runs.

Plus mini-events, main events are also good ways to get gold selling base dropped items. I sold so many apples and pears, the gold I made off it was a monstrous boost to my already lucrative graveyard runs. Then for adventure, I chased arcane chests and arena chests. Zoinked out on them, but it has more of a thrill than mindless KM3 runs. And when I wanted a change from that, I ran elites, and sold elite chests and materials.

And maybe that's why I like this kind of expansion reveal. I remember the earlier days of monotonous Malison/Wrathjaw grinding, spending too much time in KM3 grinding lockeds just to afford better gear worth 10+ millions of gold... I like being able to run the graveyard, get a guaranteed 2-5k each run (the price of a locked or egg now) and when I get tired of that, chasing the easier, smaller goals, or running after the unlikely arcane weapon chest or fossil.

Your enjoyment is all in how you play the game.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

250 for the first set of proofs and badges then 300 then 600 it's ridiculous and. It takes away from the fun as you still need thousands of tokens for weapons and gear and upgrading them.....a little work is OK but a few thousand runs is ridiculous
    I agree it's a grinding marathon and it's daunting. Pick shorter term goals in the meantime to keep your motivation.

However you are too concerned about the tokens. Unless you are botting the first hallway of graveyard you will have enough tokens when you reach the next stage.

Not to mention that you can buy tokens via coffers should you want to speed things up.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    289 Posts

I too think that it is too much work in order to get to the last tier of the expansion (currently not unlocked yet).

If you do run mausoleum levels 1-4 regularly you will notice that the tokens are not the real problem here, as sometimes you get 15, even 20 on level 4.

On the other hand the total number of points ne needs for lightbearer is something I am sure I won't be able to reach until at least late February next year.

There is another problem with running mausoleum however, which many here seem not to be aware of:

1.It is very difficult to find mausoleum parties
    2. Pugs are unbearable in mausoleum, as lepre users and 1 attack skill mages and rogues are predominant
    3. A lot of people get super fed up with the game and quit for the day after one run through of mausoleum 1-4
    4. Loot is horrendous: More often than not the whole pt would get only white items from sorceress Voriyana.

All in all: With previous expansions it was indeed too fast. This expansion unfortunately things went way too far into the other extreme and things are beyond slow.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Jazzi For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    139 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zaizor View Post
    STS can't win, no matter what they try to do.

In the old days, you finish a level, the next one opens up. Once those levels got old, elites were added. People would complain that it was too easy and too fast to farm and beat these levels, and items that drop lose their value quickly once more hit the market. I remember Tindrin being this way, everyone on the boards complained it was too easy and too fast, and blamed STS for not having enough content. They did some experimenting and tweaking for Underhul and the Orc expansion, but for the most part, you beat those levels, the next was available.

Flash forward to now. STS gives us a way to pace ourselves to level up, to run courses through personal and community goals, trying to do waves of content releasing instead of one lump sum, and they add decent gold drops at the end game level that only get better with gold loot % weapons and luck, and players are complaining about it taking too long and it's too much of a grind to do this...

Frankly, as a casual player from the beginning, I'm ok taking my time leveling up. I'm ok running a few graveyards, elites, arena battles. It's not my life, it's something to do when my life slows down. I know the gold, platinum, and items don't translate to real life success or money... it's really not that big of a deal, life gets harder than this...

The game's evolved. It needed to evolve to stay alive. So, enjoy the content as it becomes available. Enjoy the end game runs. Enjoy farming wherever. Enjoy the fact that you don't need an insane billions of gold to get certain items, like an arcane ring, or a Nekro, or gear... In the beginning when things were an astronomical amount of millions of gold, I couldn't get even really good gear. Now, with proper saving, farming, and even less grinding, I can reach really GOOD gear at a fraction of what it used to cost. Makes the game way more fun and the grind worth it, when you can get great gold drops in a shorter amount of time, like graveyard runs.

Plus mini-events, main events are also good ways to get gold selling base dropped items. I sold so many apples and pears, the gold I made off it was a monstrous boost to my already lucrative graveyard runs. Then for adventure, I chased arcane chests and arena chests. Zoinked out on them, but it has more of a thrill than mindless KM3 runs. And when I wanted a change from that, I ran elites, and sold elite chests and materials.

And maybe that's why I like this kind of expansion reveal. I remember the earlier days of monotonous Malison/Wrathjaw grinding, spending too much time in KM3 grinding lockeds just to afford better gear worth 10+ millions of gold... I like being able to run the graveyard, get a guaranteed 2-5k each run (the price of a locked or egg now) and when I get tired of that, chasing the easier, smaller goals, or running after the unlikely arcane weapon chest or fossil.

Your enjoyment is all in how you play the game.
    I can't enjoy content as it becomes available because I have to run a few hundred more graveyard runs just to be able to enjoy the content.....maybe you don't understand this.....I'm dead tired when I get off of work and want to play a game not log in to go back to work....if these proofs and badges didn't exist I would be able to enjoy the content as it becomes available but I can't because of them .....this feels like entirely too much work to expect us to get badges proofs for every single tier than expect us to do the work all over again for our weapons and gears?
    Last edited by Justg; 11-29-2016 at 01:46 PM. Reason: less drama

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    47 Posts

maybe you don't understand this....
    I understand it just fine. You're incapable of enjoying a game unless you get everything unlocked, instantly. You don't like the grind to get there, it seems like work to you.

Whereas, I can enjoy it for what it is. I've seen where it came from and what it's trying to do to help players keep the content going longer, rather than race to the end to wait for more. I see no reason to sprint to the end. I have the gear to get me through the levels, I'm making good gold doing it. When it feels like a grind, I play somewhere else in Arlor's many playgrounds.

Just a difference in gaming philosophy. Doesn't mean I don't have the ability to comprehend your side of the discussion.

I can't enjoy content as it becomes available because I have to run a few hundred more graveyard runs just to be able to enjoy the content.....maybe you don't understand this.....I'm dead tired when I get off of work and want to play a game not log in to go back to work....if these proofs and badges didn't exist I would be able to enjoy the content as it becomes available but I can't because of them .....this feels like entirely too much work to expect us to get badges proofs for every single tier than expect us to do the work all over again for our weapons and gears?

If you can't enjoy this game as it is, maybe this isn't the game for you to relax with after work. I'm capable of enjoying this game after a day of work just fine, playing it the way I do, as stated previously. If this game feels like work for you, you can log off.
    Last edited by Zaizor; 11-29-2016 at 02:55 PM. Reason: typos.

23. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Zaizor For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

The funny thing about most forumers nowaday is that, most of the one that are whining alot is the one that just barely started playing AL. Just look at their information when they sign up. (Yes i do know that there are some exceptions on Players who have been playing for a while and finally sign up later)

This Expansion is probably the best one that STS released in a long time for everyone to enjoy. There's an end goal to that, but you have to put in the work to get there. Just like REAL LIFE!!

I still believed that the expansion is little too easy, It's easier than when Underhaul came out. It's All about teamwork.

I'm a casual player also, and i got to lightbearer's just by Pugging and Grouping up every so often. Once you reach higher tier, you will accumulate tokens like crazy and don't know what to do with them, until the community goals are fulfilled.

And for the 'Whiners', who constantly said they don't have the time to play or grind the contents, stop wasting your time on the forums and go play the Game! It seems like you have so much time in Forum whining, when you can be using that time to play the game. It makes no sense to me when i see players says something like that.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    157 Posts

tbh im still acolyte and i dont want to rank up XD right now the game is 70% pvp and 20% chilling in town for me . I dont like the idea of farming without any rewards , right now we littelary have to do hundreds of runs in one map over and over again just to unlock the next one , and then we will have to grind the same maps even more to upgrade our gear... I guess you can say we will eventually get the quest line for the dark/light sets but im afraid it will be near impossible to obtain ( just like the banished set , if im right nobody has the pendant yet ) .

( no offence intended , just my opinion )

Ign : Derp - endgame main / Gouiwaa : will be a twink once twinking is back / Derpynuts : lvl1 , my troll account

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

It's not your just lazy