Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: New items for all besides just endgame?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    490 Posts

Could bring back forgotten event (similar to the old one in the sense of literally every level could get a drop unique to that level) but the drops being new items of course. These new drops don't necessarily have to be renamed/recolored forgotten items, then can be recolored anything (scarab bows for example). Rarity is rare-elite for all items for all levels. The stats for the pinks will be slightly worse than the current forgotten stats so the forgotten items still retain some value, but the new elite items will have superior stats to the pink forgotten items though. To prevent forgotten from crashing too much just simply make the elite items extremely rare to the point they will be worth more than the current forgotten items anyway. Could also bring recolored sword/wand with same comparison to paw/reaper blade, pink paw/reaper being better than new pink item but the new elite item being better than pink paw/reaper

Edit: Forgot to mention this... In the old forgotten event, the endgame forgotten weapons were inferior to the endgame sets. This will still be the case, arzac/magor/warat all having way better stats than the new items at level 80. At level 80/75 the items could have similar stats to the level 80/75 forgotten items that sts released for halloween.
    Last edited by Xyzther; 12-01-2016 at 12:59 AM.
    I often ask myself, why am I so attractive?

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Xyzther For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    365 Posts

It's fine how it is, there is enough room for variation at every level, and endgame should always receive the most updates as it is a goal for casual players to reach (max level).

Don't feel like arguing, you're all entitled to your own opinions, just keep in mind, not all of our random requests are going to be implemented due to a sudden spree of updates, StG can only do so much.
    nothing lasts forever

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Burningdex For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

If theres going to be new items, dont make em buyable with plats, like endgame magor and others. Us f2p players want to enjoy pvp either without spending money. On my opinion endgame is already ripped by buyers, yah there's some playere who are rich enough to buy sets without $$$, so if new items will be available, dont make em purshacable with plats, let everyone enjoy the pvp and work hard to be success in pvp, COZ WE WANY FAIR PVP yea thx

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Burningdex View Post
    It's fine how it is, there is enough room for variation at every level, and endgame should always receive the most updates as it is a goal for casual players to reach (max level).

Don't feel like arguing, you're all entitled to your own opinions, just keep in mind, not all of our random requests are going to be implemented due to a sudden spree of updates, StG can only do so much.
    Since when was hitting max the only goal for casual players? When I started the game as a "casual" player my goal at the time was to buy a Lv10 Purp SBL and twink. To this day, I continue twinking and see no variation in 80% of the levels. Sadly, the variation that is to be seen is because another 10-20% are too poor to afford the newer gears.

With the flucuation of items through updates I wonder how you consider this a "random request". I (as well as others) asked for just a share of the glory endgame is getting, a single event, considering what they're about to get is practically useless for serious PvP, as well as PvE, and is purely for fun (What else is purely for fun? Twink levels). Judging by your comment I believe you haven't read much of what I've said, the OP.
    Last edited by CHINDUSTER; 12-01-2016 at 02:10 AM.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to CHINDUSTER For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    186 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by CHINDUSTER View Post
    Why is that? Is there some hidden rule that elites must be high level? From what I recall, the challenge of farming an elite is equally hard regardless of level.
    Because people at endgame are the best players. They have spent the time to level up, get the most expensive gear, etc. Having the focus taken away from the most elite players would be lame. Lower level PvPers simply don't have as much skill. Having half your damage come from autos and using 5 skills doesn't seem like a competition of skill to me, just a competition of ping and how fast you can spam.

9.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #26
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,037 Posts

Cleaned it up a bit. You folks should be nice to each other.
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Justg For This Useful Post:

Why you looking at where I live, stalker. 😑
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    118 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Justg View Post
    Cleaned it up a bit. You folks should be nice to each other.
    Is pl still down & out in terms of items & expansions etc? I just wanted a straight answer and who better person to ask p.s do you still have the android vanities? Maybe a quick show sometime? ;D
    Check out my Step By Step L.15 Mage Guide

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?173840-gt-THE-L-15-Complete-Mage-Guide

12.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #28
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,037 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Etarbitrev View Post
    Is pl still down & out in terms of items & expansions etc? I just wanted a straight answer and who better person to ask p.s do you still have the android vanities? Maybe a quick show sometime? ;D
    Winter is Coming (to PL). We'll post a preview soon.
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

Why you looking at where I live, stalker. 😑
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    118 Posts

Lol i see what you did there XD nice reference
    Check out my Step By Step L.15 Mage Guide

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?173840-gt-THE-L-15-Complete-Mage-Guide

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Etarbitrev For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Congeniality View Post
    Because people at endgame are the best players. They have spent the time to level up, get the most expensive gear, etc. Having the focus taken away from the most elite players would be lame. Lower level PvPers simply don't have as much skill. Having half your damage come from autos and using 5 skills doesn't seem like a competition of skill to me, just a competition of ping and how fast you can spam.
    I had to read your comment about five times before I processed it correctly, and in those five times I couldn't find anything relevant to my standing.

However, I'll reply:
    1. There is no focus being "taken away" from higher level players.
    2. Lower level players (twinks) would most definetly beat majority of the "elite" players I've encountered at endgame if they decided to do endgame. (You may play me as proof?)
    3. You say 5 skills, yet the only level I can think of with 5 skills would be 15 and below? What about the levels that use 8-12 skills? That's the same amount of skills that endgame players use.

Truthfully, your argument was poorly made. At every level, majority of the damage is done by Auto Attacks. At every level, ping is an important factor. At every level, you spam skills in hopes they work the way you intend them to.

If anything, endgame can be called the easiest level because the needed brain power there is miniscule. No one can miss, there's more dodge, more damage, and more crit, meaning whatever you do hardly matters, so long as it does damage and isn't dodged.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Justg View Post
    Winter is Coming (to PL). We'll post a preview soon.
    Yes please. Much appreciated.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Lol so was vendor removed or na

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    490 Posts

I had to read your comment about five times before I processed it correctly, and in those five times I couldn't find anything relevant to my standing.

However, I'll reply:
    2. Lower level players (twinks) would most definetly beat majority of the "elite" players I've encountered at endgame if they decided to do endgame. (You may play me as proof?)
    3. You say 5 skills, yet the only level I can think of with 5 skills would be 15 and below? What about the levels that use 8-12 skills? That's the same amount of skills that endgame players use.

Truthfully, your argument was poorly made. At every level, majority of the damage is done by Auto Attacks. At every level, ping is an important factor. At every level, you spam skills in hopes they work the way you intend them to.

If anything, endgame can be called the easiest level because the needed brain power there is miniscule. No one can miss, there's more dodge, more damage, and more crit, meaning whatever you do hardly matters, so long as it does damage and isn't dodged.
    This is pretty much why I don't pvp anymore, a lot of it is luck based nowadays. Sure there's still some skill involved, but it really does come down to the dodges and hits. You can have the best strategy and skill in the game and still lose to the worst player in the game if they dodge all of your attacks and you don't dodge any of theirs. When I pvped a fair bit in 76 cap my fights would be pretty inconsistent. Sometimes you kill them 5 times in a row because you get lucky/they get unlucky, but sometimes you can lose 5 times in a row because it's the other way around. Long story short, I agree endgame is one of the easier stages of the game to pvp. I don't consider myself one of the best pvpers, but I'm definitely not a bad one. I was able to stand toe to toe with pretty much everyone (except a few savage bears that dodged like 100% of the time lol) so I'd think I have some credibility. Never really had an organized 1v1 to 10 except once with TLA where he won 10-9, but I've done plenty of normal 1v1s in standard pvp maps.
    I often ask myself, why am I so attractive?

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Xyzther For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    482 Posts

However, I'll reply:

At every level, majority of the damage is done by Auto Attacks
    This is one of the most wrong statement I've heard over a while, nothing personal, Just ur statement buddy. Auto damage is actually hughly less than the overall skill damage from somewhat mid level to endgame atleast, even though some dex bears rely on feeding their auto damage with dps in the period of high damage buff, so exploitation are always there even in the twink levels & based on op-ness, not just in endgame.

So, sitting with a narrowed build & combo and delivering that each and every time need too much brain power? if you think, you'll find that rather endgame changes and provide better field to play with ur tactics and build other than ofc all the exploiters out there rely on op classes and consider their op-ness as skill. It's true that endgame is unbalanced but it's also true twinks levels aren't also same and weak class is weaker now. I'm not favouring dodge here, dodge nerf is pretty much required and steps to counter endgame dis balance.

"Lower level players (twinks) would most definetly beat majority of the "elite" players I've encountered at endgame if they decided to do endgame. (You may play me as proof?)" & "meaning whatever you do hardly matters (in endgame)"

These logics clearly clashing with each other meaning contradiction, if in endgame "whatever you do hardly matters" then how you would be able to "beat majority of the "elite" players I've encountered at endgame if they decided to do endgame. (You may play me as proof?)"

Actually you should have refrained from imagining a clash between twinks and endgamers, if you saying this then let me say, in the long term, endgame PvPers have been the most experienced & dedicated players and they kept fighting with old players & most experienced PvPers, twinking levels have been easier to get into, that's the reason it had better flow of new comers. When you play as twink you get better chance to fight with new players and it has been always like that, care I said in long term. NOT ONLY THAT pretty lately I've watched so many twink mages started to do endgame because endgame got highly privileged for mages & few good ones left because it's like that, it further shows twinking is somewhat more opportunistic (I'm not saying it to all, there are many dedicated) don't except challenge rather find a twinking level having an edge of your class and suit.
    Last edited by Waug; 12-02-2016 at 01:44 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Waug View Post
    This is one of the most wrong statement I've heard over a while, nothing personal, Just ur statement buddy. Auto damage is actually hughly less than the overall skill damage from somewhat mid level to endgame atleast, even though some dex bears rely feeding their auto damage with dps in the period of high damage buff, so exploitation are always there even in the twink levels & based on op-ness, not just in endgame.

So, sitting with a narrowed build & combo and delivering that each and every time need too much brain power? if you think, you'll find that rather endgame changes and provide better field to play with ur tactics and build other than ofc all the exploiters out there rely on op classes and consider their op-ness as skill. It's true that endgame is unbalanced but it's also true twinks levels aren't also same and weak class is weaker now. I'm not favouring dodge here, dodge nerf is pretty much required and steps to counter endgame dis balance.

"Lower level players (twinks) would most definetly beat majority of the "elite" players I've encountered at endgame if they decided to do endgame. (You may play me as proof?)" & "meaning whatever you do hardly matters (in endgame)"

These logics clearly clashing with each other meaning contradiction, if in endgame "whatever you do hardly matters" then how you would be able to "beat majority of the "elite" players I've encountered at endgame if they decided to do endgame. (You may play me as proof?)"

Actually you should have refrained from imagining a clash between twinks and endgamers, if you saying this then let me say, in the long term, endgame PvPers have been the most experienced & dedicated players and they kept fighting with old players & most experienced PvPers, twinking levels have been easier to get into, that's the reason it had better flow of new comers. When you play as twink you get better chance to fight with new players and it has been always like that, care I said in long term. NOT ONLY THAT pretty lately I've watched so many twink mages started to do endgame because endgame got highly privileged for mages & few good ones left because it's like that, it further shows twinking is somewhat more opportunistic (I'm not saying it to all, there are many dedicated) don't except challenge rather find a twinking level having an edge of your class and suit.
    Some of what you said was incomprehensible, and this argument is somewhat irrelevant to the topic at hand.

However I'll say this:
    I would be able to beat them because they're noobs. Hence my quotes on the word "elite". Majority of endgame players are noobs given sets by means of hardcore merching/farming or charity from friends which are both irrelevant to actual PvP skill.

Endgame became unbalanced when those stat broken sets were introduced, at that same moment it became a "spam buttons, and pray they hit" level. These kinds of levels, and gameplay take the least amount of skill. If people believed savage bear/mage was bad in the previous cap, imagine how they feel now.

I see you said something about new players joining twink levels solely because they stand a chance? They do not stand a chance at all against good veteran players, however they can atleast put up a fight because the gear is equivalent and not broken. Endgame is entirely different , the rich prosper, if you pay 40m+ for a set you already have a large stat advantage and can beat anyone who has a worse set than you regardless of skill. You can be beat by these said players who spent more time merching in Balefort than in actual PvP, which is quite sad. The funny part is I disregarded the fact that you could simply buy an elite set for $100. With $100 you're already better than 50-70% of endgame.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    482 Posts

Some of what you said was incomprehensible, and this argument is somewhat irrelevant to the topic at hand.

However I'll say this:
    I would be able to beat them because they're noobs. Hence my quotes on the word "elite". Majority of endgame players are noobs given sets by means of hardcore merching/farming or charity from friends which are both irrelevant to actual PvP skill.

Endgame became unbalanced when those stat broken sets were introduced, at that same moment it became a "spam buttons, and pray they hit" level. These kinds of levels, and gameplay take the least amount of skill. If people believed savage bear/mage was bad in the previous cap, imagine how they feel now.

I see you said something about new players joining twink levels solely because they stand a chance? They do not stand a chance at all against good veteran players, however they can atleast put up a fight because the gear is equivalent and not broken. Endgame is entirely different , the rich prosper, if you pay 40m+ for a set you already have a large stat advantage and can beat anyone who has a worse set than you regardless of skill. You can be beat by these said players who spent more time merching in Balefort than in actual PvP, which is quite sad. The funny part is I disregarded the fact that you could simply buy an elite set for $100. With $100 you're already better than 50-70% of endgame.
    Firstly, Most of the things are understandable if you read carefully, I bet. you just skipped the solid points.

So, all you wanna say that - Majority of endgamers are noobs and you u can beat those noobs, nice. This is what happens when someone twink visit endgame and starts to draw conclusions and propose their veteran report on endgame, It's kinda funny, I keep watching in game, peps calling others new gen the other one say hey I'm playing for 4-5 years now. The fun part is Pocket Legends actually has an solid old persistent player base.

The sets were not mostly broken, endgame started to loose balance because it's progress and some bad nerfing decisions. I'll explain a bit, There are so many stats that has a cap for ex - Dodge, hit, miss, crit etc and devs kept adding these things through sets and stats as they always did. For ex if dodge closing to 100 then guess what player start to dodge mostly. But when damage increased it's nothing wrong because armor can counter that. All this had to happen by default unless they decided to stop adding these crucial stats, I personally call this the biggest mistake made by STS in term of PvP & I kinda foretold this way back and Techno email told us that she won't touch this 'big nob'.

Bad nerfing was there. When elite 2H weapons were introduced at L76 cap only 2H phoenix bow was usable (There are many reasons behind, I'm not going into it) guess what they nerfed the bird class. OMG if elite bow was responsible because mage and bear could not use their 2H elites then nerf the elite bow, of course if one class can use the op elite then he will be OP by default but they nerfed bird what a logic, OMG they even nerfed the ROOTs and made the Dodge it self OP-er & hampered twink levels too. Because that elite bow was not to stay, boom it's gone birds gone down to drain as it had to happen.

Stop telling the fact that, with 100$ someone get pro or something, so many long term non pvpers bought sets ask em to pvp they'll rage quit area within some moments. I don't get it, peps talk about something that they don't have much experience with it.
    Last edited by Waug; 12-02-2016 at 02:46 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts

Firstly, Most of the things are understandable if you read carefully, I bet. you just skipped the solid points.

So, all you wanna say that - Majority of endgamers are noobs and you u can beat those noobs, nice. This is what happens when someone twink visit endgame and starts to draw conclusions and propose their veteran report on endgame, It's kinda funny, I keep watching in game, peps calling others new gen the other one say hey I'm playing for 4-5 years now. The fun part is Pocket Legends actually has an solid old persistent player base.

The sets were not mostly broken, endgame started to loose balance because it's progress and some bad nerfing decisions. I'll explain a bit, There are so many stats that has a cap for ex - Dodge, hit, miss, crit etc and devs kept adding these things through sets and stats as they always did. For ex if dodge closing to 100 then guess what player start to dodge mostly. But when damage increased it's nothing wrong because armor can counter that. All this had to happen by default unless they decided to stop adding these crucial stats, I personally call this the biggest mistake made by STS in term of PvP & I kinda foretold this way back and Techno email told us that she won't touch this 'big nob'.

Bad nerfing was there. When elite 2H weapons were introduced at L76 cap only 2H phoenix bow was usable (There are many reasons behind, I'm not going into it) guess what they nerfed the bird class. OMG if elite bow was responsible because mage and bear could not use their 2H elites then nerf the elite bow, of course if one class can use the op elite then he will be OP by default but they nerfed bird what a logic, OMG they even nerfed the ROOTs and made the Dodge it self OP-er & hampered twink levels too. Because that elite bow was not to stay, boom it's gone birds gone down to drain as it had to happen.

Stop telling the fact that, with 100$ someone get pro or something, so many long term non pvpers bought sets ask em to pvp they'll rage quit area within some moments. I don't get it, peps talk about something that they don't have much experience with it.
    Like I said in my other reply, some of what you said is incomprehensible. Seeing how this is off topic, none of what you post has "solid points". In fact, even if endgame statistics were the topic, I'd still believe you'd have no "solid points".

It'd also be nice if you could sum up your post, tl;dr 's are very optimal as you add many un-needed details. In all your paragraphs I've only seen two things that relate to anything I've said, 1. me "lacking experience", and 2. with $100 someone cannot be good at endgame.

1: I have a level 80 bear with 50k kills in total. He has an Arzac Set, as well as an Warat set. I believe I'm very experienced seeing how you're just another Dex Bird who cannot muster a positive KD even if he was given frees for a year. You're about 50k deaths negative, yes?

Experience with these sets? These sets have not even been in use for a year, speaking of "experience" as if they're old is foolish.

2: Endgame became pay to win as soon as they introduced that vendor. With $100 any new player with some type of brain for PvP can beat a person using Zam/ whatever the rest of the worse sets are called. If you deny that, then you're very hyponitized on one thought of endgame. That one thought is, "endgame takes skill", which it doesn't anymore. If it does as you believe, then the skill compared to 77 and 80 have atleast a 90% gap.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts

Let us keep this on topic, if you'd like to reply I will simply make another thread where we can discuss this.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    482 Posts

.....I have a level 80 bear with 50k kills in total. ............ "endgame takes skill", which it doesn't anymore. If it does as you believe, then the skill compared to 77 and 80 have atleast a 90% gap.
    Oh yeah, this finished the circle, I was waiting for it. You got caught here. Before you blame that you don't understand this, no need to, just read below.

Only a bear who was super OP at L77 than any other class, thinks that the skill compared to 77 and 80 have atleast a 90% gap. This has CLEARLY proved you stand. You're not OP anymore because Mages are OP, even though bear has chance aganist mages at L80 but at Level 77 cap, it was super hard for an int mage to beat bears. If we talk about endgame pvp disbalance then anyone who have in-depth knowledge and experience knows that endgame pvp dis balance started way back, not after L77 mostly, not only that enormous threads have been created, and enormous times it has been discussed.

This simply proved that whatever you called "skill" actually you were refering to your op-ness, you now think that endgame is "skillless" because at endgame you're not super OP anymore and can't "2 hit kill int mages". Also guessing you scored your 50k at that time mostly, just guess. Also guessing after that OP phase you gone back to twinking, that's what I saiid, twinkers find a op level or atleast where they have some edge over other classes (again not all, there are dedicated ones too)

Now, Once you said, hard core farming merching and getting rich and then buying high valued set has nothing to do with PvP skill, which is true, now can you please tell me that if that's not skill then does it really matter that someone get set by spending 50m+ (back then) or spending 20m+ / 100$ (now) has anything to do with PvP skill? So why are you calling that "Endgame became pay to win" AS LONG AS gold is another way to get that, this is not pay to win atall.

I talked about PvP disbalance to show that it's NOT mostly because sets stat broken as you said, so it was not "off topic" to ur post.
    Last edited by Waug; 12-02-2016 at 06:59 AM.

26. The Following User Says Thank You to Waug For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts

Oh yeah, this finished the circle, I was waiting for it. You got caught here. Before you blame that you don't understand this, no need to, just read below.

Only a bear who was super OP at L77 than any other class, thinks that the skill compared to 77 and 80 have atleast a 90% gap. This has CLEARLY proved you stand. You're not OP anymore because Mages are OP, even though bear has chance aganist mages at L80 but at Level 77 cap, it was super hard for an int mage to beat bears. If we talk about endgame pvp disbalance then anyone who have in-depth knowledge and experience knows that endgame pvp dis balance started way back, not after L77 mostly, not only that enormous threads have been created, and enormous times it has been discussed.

This simply proved that whatever you called "skill" actually you were refering to your op-ness, you now think that endgame is "skillless" because at endgame you're not super OP anymore and can't "2 hit kill int mages". Also guessing you scored your 50k at that time mostly, just guess. Also guessing after that OP phase you gone back to twinking, that's what I saiid, twinkers find a op level or atleast where they have some edge over other classes (again not all, there are dedicated ones too)

Now, Once you said, hard core farming merching and getting rich and then buying high valued set has nothing to do with PvP skill, which is true, now can you please tell me that if that's not skill then does it really matter that someone get set by spending 50m+ (back then) or spending 20m+ / 100$ (now) has anything to do with PvP skill? So why are you calling that "Endgame became pay to win" AS LONG AS gold is another way to get that, this is not pay to win atall.

I talked about PvP disbalance to show that it's NOT mostly because sets stat broken as you said, so it was not "off topic" to ur post.
    The sad part is, all you've talked about is mages and bears. Birds, foxes, and rhinos have completely left the spiral because they stand no chance. This is why endgame is skill-less, this is why the skill is a 90% differential compared to 75-77, because unless those characters get lucky, they will not win.

As a new player, reaching 40m isn't an easy task. I suppose you've had money for so long you've forgotten the struggle to get it. Months, or even a year of merching and farming ingame, compared to buying OP sets instantly with $100 of real life currency. This is the definition of pay to win.

The topic is other levels getting a share of the attention endgame has been, not "pvp disbalance".

- Was banned for 3 days, here's your reply.