Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: ***Beta Beta players/Senior Members only area***

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Default ***Request for the ability to create large group areas***

How many of you have either seen or been bothered by the following...

***this was just a dramatization***

and you look at why he is asking for credits and items and he/she has stats that look like the following

everyone wants something for nothing...but most of us that have credits and items to spare, did work to get them...

I am almost 200% sure that we all have on numerous occasions on a daily basis, dealt with what I acted out above...and what does it always lead to? People telling him to stfu, gtfo, or 100+ reports cuz he keeps spamming and pm'ing you for items and credits. And although most of us consider this a crime punishable by death, it's not, it's typical n00b behavior (especially young n00bs). So rather than "FLAME ON" and make matters worse, Theseus and I were talking earlier about a great solution to this problem. A place that we can go to just chill and relax like we used to before the inundation of all the whiny kids and rude n00bs who do nothing more than annoy the crap out of the more seasoned players. I really hope that all my fellow senior members flood this and Theseus' thread and we get some results...We would simply like to have the ability to create a large group area that we can password protect and just relax with who we want to...just like a guild hall that can be locked at will.

***DISCLAIMER*** flaming of this thread and complaining and whining will not be tolerated. Everyone has a right to their opinion, but to read this and respond with insults or rude comments will not only be reported but will also be a prime example of what we have to deal with on a daily basis in the game...so if u came here to run your mouth, keep it moving...go scream at ur dog or something.

***I made a few changes to the original post because people were starting to take things the wrong way.***

That being said, lets hear what you all think of this idea!!! ciao for now...Cappin out.
    Last edited by CappinClutch; 09-28-2011 at 03:00 PM.
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=49319&dateline=131232  4660
    Cappinkiosk <Pay It Forward>
    -Dead Shot Mafia- Guild Master

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    51 Posts

No insults. No rude comments. Just...it makes me sad.
    Rauen Haikus' dex 60 sammich-maker; Grievousangel Haikus' 58 Mage/Butler, Jeffrey; Diffie Wounded's 55 drink-mixer; Ghazaal Noobmigo's 47 cheerleader. SL: Rauen, 36 Op & Bod's turkey baster; Yosinabe 36 Engi; Chedaka 36 Comm

3. The Following User Says Thank You to CanonicalKoi For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by CanonicalKoi View Post
    No insults. No rude comments. Just...it makes me sad.
    what makes ya sad? vent lol!
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=49319&dateline=131232  4660

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    138 Posts

Default hm

I'm on my sts phone app, I can't seem to vet the pictures working. But I'm guessing its images of spammers and whatnot.
    I have to disagree against your idea however. Why segregate the sl community? Yes, there are noons, spammers, namecallers, but that's gonna stay and will most likely always be there. You can ignore these "Noob" they might just be acting silly, or actually be a new player and doesn't know the works.
    Creating a "lounge" area seems a bit...snobbish for me.(don't get me wrong, I was one of the firsts to get a beta key). And what if some of these 50-100 beta players leave for good? + time zone differences= what's an empty lounge area good for?.
    Maybe you can create a beta only guild, the guild hall can be a lounge area, no?
    Cheers

the way to change the world is by doing one act of kindness at a time, care to buy some cookies?

PL: Zaltiar Lvl66| SL: Hellcharger/Alibi Lvl 41Com|Zaltiar Lvl38 Op| Warbringer 38

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Zaltiar For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    561 Posts

Hummmm. Maybe a password protected area....like hosting a game....except its like an area like blackstar or numa outpost....we all want to be seen amd heard....just like classic members in pl have all there starting players.....why Can't we? Everyone is entitled to many things....pl has founders vanity, beta players have friends....I miss beta just like others, reason I made so many alts because of the bond we all formed in such little time....its not the fighting but the same passion for this game.....my.2 cents

Ps there is a beta guild I have made....its kalled kotor look up ultimate beta guild.
    Last edited by octavos; 09-27-2011 at 08:00 PM.
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=54483&dateline=131136  6901
    PL-Ghosts | SL-DL-AL- Ghost | SL-DL-AL-Octavos

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

I knew that some were going to think this was slightly snobbish, and it is, but for all the right reasons. and NOBODY is going to be willing to be in a "Beta Guild" I am personally a GM who operates our own guild, guild site, Twitter, Facebook, and i know most others do too. It's a great idea, but nobody is going to be willing to throw all that hard work and time and credits away to form a whole new guild for us all to chill in the guild hall. If that's the case then guilds are kinda snobby too lol! It's definitely more of a pride thing when it comes down to it...and I know that n00bish behavior comes with the territory of any mmorpg as I have had many years of experience with them on multiple platforms...and if the lounge is empty (which I don't think it would be too often) at least it's there for when we would like to relax without being bothered lol

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

I would miss ya if you spent a lot of your time in the lounge area, but I understand your frustration!
    -- Act and you will have dinner, do nothing and you will BE dinner - Gowron, Klingon High Council--

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by octavos View Post
    Hummmm. Maybe a password protected area....like hosting a game....except its like an area like blackstar or numa outpost....we all want to be seen amd heard....just like classic members in pl have all there starting players.....why Can't we? Everyone is entitled to many things....pl has founders vanity, beta players have friends....I miss beta just like others, reason I made so many alts because of the bond we all formed in such little time....its not the fighting but the same passion for this game.....my.2 cents

Ps there is a beta guild I have made....its kalled kotor look up ultimate beta guild.
    this is EXACTLY what I am talking about! to be able to actually host an instance and invite a maximum occupancy of the usual 24 persons. +1 Octavos!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    51 Posts

No, no reason to vent because it doesn't make me angry; it honestly makes me sad. I hate to see exclusion in the game and we already have it to some degree with the guild system. I dunno...I like helping people. I like helping newer players understand how to play, how to be decent citizens of Blackstar. I don't like giving up on a huge swath of players just because they joined after X date (for varying values of X). I wouldn't like to see it not because I'm not a beta tester--I wouldn't want to see iPad Village or Cul-de-sac of Women with Red-Brown Hair that Own Rabbits (too few to even make a town), either--it's just one more reason to lock people out based on criteria that have nothing to do with how they play or behave in-game. As far as people that won't stop spamming in either PM or public chat, well....I have an "Ignore" button and many's the time it's saved me from saying something untoward.

Again, I dunno, but I'd have a heck of a hard time telling a friend they couldn't meet up with me in town or a guild-mate because, "Sorry, but you're just not one of us." There you go--not a vent or a whine and I certainly hope it wasn't rude since it wasn't meant to be. Just a little heart-felt sorrow.
    Rauen Haikus' dex 60 sammich-maker; Grievousangel Haikus' 58 Mage/Butler, Jeffrey; Diffie Wounded's 55 drink-mixer; Ghazaal Noobmigo's 47 cheerleader. SL: Rauen, 36 Op & Bod's turkey baster; Yosinabe 36 Engi; Chedaka 36 Comm

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CanonicalKoi For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Sassinya View Post
    I would miss ya if you spent a lot of your time in the lounge area, but I understand your frustration!
    awww thanks Sass, we'd definitely invite you!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by CanonicalKoi View Post
    No, no reason to vent because it doesn't make me angry; it honestly makes me sad. I hate to see exclusion in the game and we already have it to some degree with the guild system. I dunno...I like helping people. I like helping newer players understand how to play, how to be decent citizens of Blackstar. I don't like giving up on a huge swath of players just because they joined after X date (for varying values of X). I wouldn't like to see it not because I'm not a beta tester--I wouldn't want to see iPad Village or Cul-de-sac of Women with Red-Brown Hair that Own Rabbits (too few to even make a town), either--it's just one more reason to lock people out based on criteria that have nothing to do with how they play or behave in-game. As far as people that won't stop spamming in either PM or public chat, well....I have an "Ignore" button and many's the time it's saved me from saying something untoward.

Again, I dunno, but I'd have a heck of a hard time telling a friend they couldn't meet up with me in town or a guild-mate because, "Sorry, but you're just not one of us." There you go--not a vent or a whine and I certainly hope it wasn't rude since it wasn't meant to be. Just a little heart-felt sorrow.
    I totally agree with everything you said, especially the point you made about exclusion having to do with the guild system. The main reason I called it Beta Beta area, is because that's the only time, it seems, that people knew how to act, and while we all sat in closed beta having a great time, we all knew what was coming when the game went public and we all hit the proverbial nail right on the head. Okay, so maybe not a beta beta members only area, but like what was suggested above by Octavos and agreed upon by me, the ability to create an instance and it be either locked and password entry only, or invite only or something to that effect. I never meant to come off as snobbish, I love to help people to, that's why I became a guild master of 2 guilds...one for members levels 1-21, and the other for member level 21+. I'm just tired of the rudeness and when you go to speak nicely to them or help them they tell you to mind ur business, **** off, etc... People will be people and that is why I am not a quick to help anymore. You help once and you become a human vending machine in most cases.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    561 Posts

Canonkoi, its not really trying to.segregated but a huge guild in a way. 25+ members in blackstar. Except we do not leave the guild we worked so to create. It will still be moderated, and controled. Since our main cant join another guild. It would be like having 2 guilds but of course I understand your point of view aswell.
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=54483&dateline=131136  6901
    PL-Ghosts | SL-DL-AL- Ghost | SL-DL-AL-Octavos

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

The difference is segregation vs discrimination. You want to segregate you and other "beta" beta players from the rest of the community( note that feeling as though you are better than someone or that they are beneath you, which you implied and nearly said outright, is snobbish. It's not about what someone thinks.) While the guild system allows us to discriminate who we play with. It's an important distinction because, at least in the country that I reside, segregation is wrong and discrimination is constitutional under proper circumstances. I want no part of a game that encourages segregation of it's players.

On another note, a "senior" is a senior not because of the amount of time he was enrolled but in the amount of knowledge earned and services rendered. Some beta players are still "freshmen" as far as I'm concerned, even if they have 10 toons at 31
    You may call me bits or giga...just don't call me at dinner time
    Gigabits-engineer(main)-Bitsoarmor-commando-bitsopain-operative-Bitsohelp-engineer

17. The Following User Says Thank You to GigaBits For This Useful Post:

Tournament & Ladder Leader Silentarrow's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    66 Posts

I (like I said on Theasus's thread) am against this idea. We Apple players already felt left out when Android users got the Beta and the full game before we did. So whats the point of making a whole town just for Beta players? To make us Apple members feel left out even more?

I really don't mind beggars that much, which explains why I have 0 people on my ignore list in both PL and SL. Once I see the words "Can I have...". I just stop reading .

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Silentarrow For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

The angle that your pictures were taken on means that you were unable to find someone who was actually saying those things, so you made a character to do it on. That leads me to believe that sinceyou were unable to find someone, it's not that big of a problem.

Just add those people to ignore on the rare occasion that you do bump into one, and move on!
    Was this post helpful? Click the "Thanks" button!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by GigaBits View Post
    The difference is segregation vs discrimination. You want to segregate you and other "beta" beta players from the rest of the community( note that feeling as though you are better than someone or that they are beneath you, which you implied and nearly said outright, is snobbish. It's not about what someone thinks.) While the guild system allows us to discriminate who we play with. It's an important distinction because, at least in the country that I reside, segregation is wrong and discrimination is constitutional under proper circumstances. I want no part of a game that encourages segregation of it's players.

On another note, a "senior" is a senior not because of the amount of time he was enrolled but in the amount of knowledge earned and services rendered. Some beta players are still "freshmen" as far as I'm concerned, even if they have 10 toons at 31
    wow...waaay outta the ballpark...not what I was going for at all...I'm not Hitler, and if the country you are referring to is America, then yeah, I live here too. I was merely using the "beta" players era as an example as stated above in post #11, in that, there were no of these problems when it was all savvy adults primarily playing the game. and the whole senior freshman thing was a reference as well...now ur just splitting hairs.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Silentarrow View Post
    I (like I said on Theasus's thread) am against this idea. We Apple players already felt left out when Android users got the Beta and the full game before we did. So whats the point of making a whole town just for Beta players? To make us Apple members feel left out even more?

I really don't mind beggars that much, which explains why I have 0 people on my ignore list in both PL and SL. Once I see the words "Can I have...". I just stop reading .
    once again, read post #11.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Punktate View Post
    The angle that your pictures were taken on means that you were unable to find someone who was actually saying those things, so you made a character to do it on. That leads me to believe that sinceyou were unable to find someone, it's not that big of a problem.

Just add those people to ignore on the rare occasion that you do bump into one, and move on!
    no, it's funny you mention that because there actually WERE others showing this behavior WHILE I was taking these screenshots. I made the character to not only HAVE to sit around looking for this behavior, but also to add a lil comic relief to an already fueled topic. I have a wife and 2 kids and a Yankee game to worry about lol...not sitting around waiting to take a screenshot at the perfect time of someone else's remarks. It's called a dramatization, google it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

Omg.....

Like another poster, I can't read the dialog in the pics.

Actually, I think this is an awseome idea. All the upper crust, actually....... maybe sts could sponsor your own server and you all could port over.

I'll stay with the ones you don't like and try to help them.

I'd say good luck and have fun, but not sure that either is a priority for you, so I hope you get whatever it is that you do want.

If the person you don't like is identified in this post, you ought to edit it out. Imo, that is inappropriate. But hey, what do I know, I'm a Jr. member at heart.
    "How Wude! Mesa your humble Servant."
    "You can argue with me, but you can't aruge with the math." Foghorn Leghorn, 20th Century American Philospher

Tournament & Ladder Leader Silentarrow's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    66 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by CappinClutch View Post
    once again, read post #11.
    So what you are saying is make a zone for only elite players?