Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Curse mages and aimed shot rogues are overpowered.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    138 Posts

I think the curse mage has been put in as a safety feature, to stop people galloping thru the stages with ease. The curse mage is there to check that. That's my theory.

Them daggers are pretty cool when the Dragonbites, but when it doesn't proc and you're trying to stun the mage, it's more likely adios. The best way I have found for it to proc is have mobs piled in a tight cluster. It's when mobs are kinda scattered that I find it hard to proc. I use my dragon hunter dagg on mauso 3+.

Tbh the really best way to take on the curse mage is have a skilled mage in your party. The guy that knows to fireball a curse mage, freeze mobs and drop clock when and where necessary. A hapless mage will just be throwing heals in the air, failing to crowd control, and getting you killed.

P.S follow pet tips from Avaree's above posts. The advice is gold.
    Last edited by Terminhater; 12-09-2016 at 06:49 AM.
    You want mana? Here have a BANANA

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Terminhater For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    71 Posts

does nekro AA protect us from curse??

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dinzly View Post
    does nekro AA protect us from curse??
    nope it doesnt.

IMO use a Nekro, a slink, a magma/Toor and a nilbog for safe runs

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Terminhater View Post
    I think the curse mage has been put in as a safety feature, to stop people galloping thru the stages with ease. The curse mage is there to check that. That's my theory.

Them daggers are pretty cool when the Dragonbites, but when it doesn't proc and you're trying to stun the mage, it's more likely adios. The best way I have found for it to proc is have mobs piled in a tight cluster. It's when mobs are kinda scattered that I find it hard to proc. I use my dragon hunter dagg on mauso 3+.

Tbh the really best way to take on the curse mage is have a skilled mage in your party. The guy that knows to fireball a curse mage, freeze mobs and drop clock when and where necessary. A hapless mage will just be throwing heals in the air, failing to crowd control, and getting you killed.

P.S follow pet tips from Avaree's above posts. The advice is gold.
    +1, there's no overpower at all, cursed mages just need an icon like aimshot and a red shadow it would be fare, the problem is that they attack without any advice so they take us unprepared, but endgame needs to be a challenge if its not? whats the point? we already don't have elite version, unless IV and V that is a kind of Elite.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    105 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kiritobozz View Post
    Wow, so even warriors get one-shotted?
    Yes we do.
    Warriors have dot on Ss, Windmil and axe. Once you hit one of these on curse, you are pretty much dead instantly on M4.

Quote Originally Posted by Avaree View Post
    I will say it again, best pet to use for players on a budget is nilbog. Atm he is very affordable 45k in cs. Save his aa for
    those curse mages, use aa just before you attack, you got 5 seconds of immunity from curse. Nilbog also removes cocoons (thanks for the tip Ravagerx). If you want a baby glowstik, use vlad as host pet, nilbog's aa and nightshades HB.

Without a pet who's aa that provides immunity to DoT damage, easiest way to avoid curse is to stay out of range and use bow and aimed shot on mages (if you can see them, they hide in maus maps).

I dont mind the difficulties of these maps, but, I do mind getting one hitted without any notice, one hits happening way out of red zones, getting notice that you have been cursed as you die.

I thought about nilbog but didn't try it because I thought I would die even before I remove curse. I should try it. Thanks for the advice.

Only way I can protect my pt is covering them with my heal, that 2 sec shield saves my pt even with curse. And using breeze to just freeze them for now. But good mages works better lol

I deeply agree with your comments.
    Hope we could have some notice before it comes.

BTW. Those mages seems not have skill CD too. XD
    Last edited by Excuses; 12-09-2016 at 11:50 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Main reason I stopped playing new expansion

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    138 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Excuses View Post

Only way I can protect my pt is covering them with my heal, that 2 sec shield saves my pt even with curse.
    If only all warriors can follow this advice. Blow that horn just before tackling mage, make sure mages and rogues are covered. I take a deep sad sigh when a warr just blows their horn to regen my HP (I got pots) and then runs into a mage mob and gets himself and us massacred. What a waste of 2 sec invincibility.
    Last edited by Terminhater; 12-09-2016 at 01:19 PM.
    You want mana? Here have a BANANA

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Terminhater For This Useful Post:

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    28 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Excuses View Post
    ...I thought about nilbog but didn't try it because I thought I would die even before I remove curse...
    You can use Nilbog's AA BEFORE you start attacking the curse mage - after that the whole party has 5 sec immunity to DOT - meaning you all have 5 seconds to kill him, not worrying about curse.

I usually play with pugs and usually am the only one who makes the light green puddles. If there was one more with nillbog's AA - well, then we would have something like 10 secs to kill the mage, while he's unable to curse us.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    98 Posts

For warrior sky smash into the mage group, then circle the mob up (provided you are leading/pulling). By the time you do this party moves in and then throw HR. Two seconds start ticking. If you have mages and/or rogues the mob is usually toast.

If your a non warrior and running with a warrior with dragon sword keep an eye out for sword proc, it's stun is OP in maus maps. If my sword proc is active I go right after the mage to stun. I think party members think I'm crazy 😜 but it works.

I like the mages in the maps, players have to stay attentive and think through these situations. I've seen some mobs with 4 curse mages and a couple of witches, now talk about eating a whole bowl of suck!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

*Coughs* Because its an Elite Map *Coughs*

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    77 Posts

You've never tried to make an elite to get a rare loot. There pretty much any mob kills you with 1 hit if you're not careful. It is necessary that you have a good coordination with your team not to die there.

A developer has commented on this here. They will not do elite stages. So the more you progress the more it gets harder. That would be the elite now.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Reminds me of the good ol one shotting pigs in Kraag when the game first game out lol

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kiritobozz View Post
    Hi there, I would like to point out the fact that these two mob types in the current twilight expansion are simply too strong. I have tried several builds and strategies to counter the curse and aimed shot attacks, but it simply came down to keeping your distance from these mobs and hoping that u won't get one-hit killed over and over again. I myself am a rogue with 5700+ hp and 3500+ armor, so I think the developers should really take a look at this since this issue still has not been solved.

I would like to read your opinions and ideas on this matter.
    This not an issue, some not accustomed yet. Change it to more "friendly" mobs, just make this map boring.
    [Newcomx, Newcomy, & Newcomz]

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    105 Posts

Tested Nilbog for a few days and it worked nicely.

And got glow back and tested it too and I feel stupid how I thought Nilbog was great. This pet is a Bae at new maps. Now I can't use other pet there lol
    I put it on breeze and used it after my heal. 2 sec shield + glow shield then my heal cd comes back in 2 sec. Breeze freezes and pools stun.
    Works like a charm. Much better than I expected.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    28 Posts

Well ofcourse glowstik is better than nilbog . Both have the DOT immunity (nilb - 5 sec, glow - 6 sec if the shield doesn't break), but glowstik has a LOT more, additionally, in its AA. But to prevent curse from mages, nilbog is the second useful pet, imo, there's no other pet with dot immunity other than these two, afaik.
    Last edited by voidPtr; 12-15-2016 at 05:13 PM.