Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Operative Single Target Damage Skill Guide

Tournament & Ladder Leader Silentarrow's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    66 Posts

Default Operative Single Target Damage Skill Guide

Welcome to my Operative Single Target Damage Skill Guide! In this guide I will cover.
    -Where you should stand in your group
    -How to use your skills properly
    -Where to allocate your skill points
    -Operative weapon types and usage

Intro
    Operatives are the single target damage dealers of Star Legends! The Operative can do hundreds of damage per second do enemies! As an Operative you should be standing right next to your engineer! Never stray in front of your commando or death will catch you!

Weapons The Operatives can use three weapon types. Dual pistols, rifles, and handguns. Each weapon has its own perks and weaknesses.

Dual Pistols

Dual pistols are the weapons to use if you're looking to do damage fast! Dual pistols have the fastest fire rate in the game which can become in a sence OVERPOWERED when an enemy's armor is debuffed. The only drawback of pistols is that although they fire very fast, their damage is much lower than rifles making their skill damage moderate.
    Skill Damage-Mediocre
    Attack Speed-Fast!
    Armor-Poor
    DPS-High
    Most effective with-Crit sets/Damage add on sets

Rifle

Rifles should only be used if you're looking to deal some massive skill damage or to kill an enemy in one quick blow. Rifles have a much slower attack speed than pistols and dual pistols, but their damage is much higher increasing skill damage dramatically.
    Skill Damage-Great
    Attack Speed-Poor
    Armor-Poor
    DPS-Low/Mediocre
    Most effective with-Damage add on sets/dodge sets

Pistols

Pistols should ONLY be used when defence is NEEDED. Pistols offer low skill damage and a semi low fire rate making them "the worst weapons in the game" (damage wise).
    Skill Damage-Low
    Armor-High
    DPS-Mediocre/Medium
    Attack Speed-Semislow
    Most effective with-A shield and a defence set, dodge is great!

Skills

This is my general single target damage setup. As you can see, I don't put points into several skills which some players find crucial to use.

Order of use (mob)

Mind Wreck-Fires Red lines of energy at target, should be used soon after amplify pain to finish an enemy off or to weaken itThis is the Operatives most damaging skill, making it a top priority to max out.

Flames of Insanity-Lights target a blaze, should be used on a target who has full health for maximum effect Another great skill to have maxed, although it can be replaced by Lurch if you're looking to kill targets swiftly.

Lurch-Fires orange lines of force, sending target across the room and giving you a chance to recover. Lurch should be used in kiting purposes, and will be extrememly effective in PvP.Lurch is an alright skill, I most likely won't use it unt PvP comes along!

Inner Focus-Increases both mana and health regen rates, should be used when traveling in between mobs. This skill is a waste unless you can't afford stims, nuff said

Amplify Pain-Amplify Pain increases damage output drastically, you should cast the skill upon entering a mob.Like Mind Wreck, Amplify Pain is a crucial skill. Not only does it increase you critical hit chance, it also improves your damage by 15 damage per hit, and debuff your opponent's armor by 120! (when maxed). This skill is what makes the dual pistols shine .

Phsycic Lash- Roots target making them immobile for several seconds, great for running from a battle you can't win!This skill can be a great kiting skill, although I don't like to use it due to the fact that it can only affect one enemy, who is usually already the same speed as your toon making them easily ecscapeable.

Blur-Increases dodge for a set amount of time, should be used upon entering a mobThis skill would be great, only if it lasted longer . When maxed this skill gives about +35 dodge (correct me if I'm wrong). You may be thinking "Wow! 35 dodge is a lot!". But really, the skill only lasts for 6 seconds with a 30 second cool down, giving it an average of +7 dodge for the run.

Neural Shock-"Shocks" target debuffing hit% and providing massive damage, should be used after Mind WreckThis skill is great! Debuffing the targets hit% by 20 makes it a perfect skill for bosses and PvP!

Sympathetic Anguish-An AoE skill that can provide huge amounts of DoT and direct damage, should be used when entering a mob area or after Neural Shock This is one of my favorite skills . This skill not only can affect two enemies, but it also has a secret DoT proc making it to one of the most damaging skills.

Psycic Binding- Slows down a group of targets, great for get aways and PvP kiting. This should be used when trying to ecscape or when entering a group of mobsThere isn't really a need to put points into this skill because it does NO damage!

Precision-Precision buffs crit by a TON making this skill great for PvP and boss fights. Precision should be used when approaching a mob and when starting a battle in PvPLike Blur, this skill would also be great if it lasted longer! Th
    is skill gives a 60 crit increase maxed out averaging +10 for the whole run.

Note: None of my PvP "stradegies" have been tested.
    Last edited by Silentarrow; 10-20-2011 at 09:37 PM.

2. The Following 19 Users Say Thank You to Silentarrow For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    95 Posts

Nice guide! I'll try it out on my other Operative! I swear by precision, as it is so useful farming cuz you waste bosses so fast, but I love to try out new builds. +1.
    Proud Co-Leader of Infinite Union
    Infinite Union forums

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ebalere For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    66 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ebalere View Post
    Nice guide! I'll try it out on my other Operative! I swear by precision, as it is so useful farming cuz you waste bosses so fast, but I love to try out new builds. +1.
    Thanks Ebalare! As I said I dont put points into skills many people find crucial

A bit off topic here, but is the link in your sig to the KoC forum that has been hacked?
    If it is you should take it out for now, I accidently clicked it 0.o.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Nice guide, thanks for info. Good setup for running through a map with low level mobs. I am on the precision bandwagon, although this does give me pause because of the long recast time, maybe some other skill would be a better option. A comparison of the damage one with precision versus lurch would be nice. I only put one point in lurch because of it's knock back.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Precision here too, spam that and amplify pain at the same time and watch your Mind Wreck, Sympathetic anguish AND your dual pistols CARVE UP!
    I also maxed the health skill cos I hate the waste money on stims!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    (Pretty much the K.A.B.O.B Guide - But It works for me)!
    )

SL -> Lvl. 40 Engi. - TOFASTFORYOU
    DL -> Lvl. 18 Vamp. - Sillynoob
    -> HTC EVO 3D & Google Chrome BETA 20.0.1069.1 m

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Gazroast For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    66 Posts

Thanks guys!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

Hello Silent. Ran with you a couple times. Great guide but I have a suggestion or two.

Could you describe the effects of each skill in addition to your recommendations? It helps people make their own choices, too.

AL Kar | PL/SL Karaai | DL/AL Karai | SL Karaii | AL Karwar | PL Squishybirdie | PL Gotnorange

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    66 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bronislav84 View Post
    Hello Silent. Ran with you a couple times. Great guide but I have a suggestion or two.

Could you describe the effects of each skill in addition to your recommendations? It helps people make their own choices, too.
    As in the damage of each skill at each rank?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

Nah, just a short description written by you, to give it a personal touch. The damage numbers are already in Phys's thread.

AL Kar | PL/SL Karaai | DL/AL Karai | SL Karaii | AL Karwar | PL Squishybirdie | PL Gotnorange

13. The Following User Says Thank You to bronislav84 For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    66 Posts

Nah, just a short description written by you, to give it a personal touch. The damage numbers are already in Phys's thread.
    I'm still a bit confused, mind giving an example?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    66 Posts

Updated! Swapped Lurch with Neural Shock making a much more effective build.
    Added order of use chart.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

Nice thread +1

SupaProdigy level 32 operative SpaceReaper level 12 .Beastrocity lvl 63
    Supaprodigy level 56 bird Toquickforu level 60 Paladin! Top Shot Mafia. Empty-Space

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    66 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SUPAPRODIGY View Post
    Nice thread +1
    Thanks!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

Um I mean describe what the skills do in your own words and how you yourself use them. Nice to give tips. Not needed unless you want to.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to bronislav84 For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Root does more damage on average. Than flames. Js

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Acezero For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    66 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Acezero View Post
    I'll take it into consideration, thanks!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    66 Posts

Um I mean describe what the skills do in your own words and how you yourself use them. Nice to give tips. Not needed unless you want to.
    K thanks! *facepalms selft*. I'm going to remodel my thread on Friday!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    66 Posts

Updated! Thanks Brion!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    88 Posts

I know you said you don't use skills other people find crucial...but for a guide on single target damage, how can you not use precision? That's the end-all of single target damage. I wouldn't go as far as calling this a guide, more of a "Silent's Op Build." Everyone has their own build, but builds aren't really guides in the way that not everyone will agree with them.

Also, as I'm sure you already know, the new maps kind of require an op to have lurch (final boss) so you might consider specing a point into that as you level up
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=62120&dateline=131973  8744
    Kahlua/Knowledgebase - Star Legends Help

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Acezero View Post
    Does it have any interruption like Flames? If not I believe the bit of CC will more than make up for the damage difference here. Precision is a must ESPECIALLY if your SINGLE TARGET!

I am level 31 with regular chroma and a pitchfork. 20 base + 60 precision + 10 Amp = 90% crit with well over 100% hit how can this NOT be a necessity.

Kyozo™ Rogue
    Unguilded